Chapter 8

Sam said" It just doesn't make any sense, Dean. I mean, why would Uriel tell me you remembered hell if you didn't?"
Dean said" Maybe because he's a dick- might have something to do with it."
" Maybe, but he's still an angel."
" Yeah, an angel who was ready to level an entire town."
" Look, I don't know what-" I dug my face more against Sam's side, I think they're gonna argue. I don't like when they argue, it's scary.
A waiter said" Radical. What else can I get you guys?"
Sam said" Uh, I think we're good."
" Yeah?  You want to try a couple of fryer bombs or a chipotle chili changa?"
Dean said" No, no, we're still good."
" Okay, awesome."
" Sam, honestly, I have no idea why Uriel told you what he did, okay?"
" Right."
" What?"
" Okay. Fine. Then look me in the eye and tell me you don't remember a thing from your time down under."
" I don't remember a thing from my time down under. I don't remember, Sam!"
" Look, Dean, I just want to help."
" You know everything I do. Okay? That's all there is." I closed my eyes,
The waiter said" Outstanding. Dessert time? Huh? Am I right?"
" Dude."
" Listen, bros. You have got to try our ice cream extreme. It's extreme."
Sam said" Uh, no extremities, please. Just the-"
" Check? All right, awesome."
" Thanks."
Dean said" All right, so, where do we go from here?"
" I'm not sure. Uh, looks like it's been pretty quiet lately." He reached over me, getting his laptop," No signs of demon activity, no omens or portents I can see."
" That's good news for once."
" Yeah, just the typical smattering of crank UFO sightings and one possible vengeful spirit. Here, check this out. Uh... up in Concrete, Washington, eyewitness reports of a ghost that's been haunting the showers of a woman's health facility." I looked up, Dean choked," The victim claims that the ghost threw her down a flight of stairs. I can see you're very interested."
" Women, showers. We got to save these people." I tilted my head, then went to ask a question,
Both said" Big brother stuff." I huffed but shut my mouth, Sam ruffled my hair, I tried to bite his hand.

I tilted my head, watching the demons torture a soul, the soul was screaming their head off. I felt sorry for them, I wanted to help them... I shuffled out of the hole I was in. Then I was surrounded by dark fog, I screamed, I was flung back against the wall, then dragged away, I started screaming, crying loudly, wanting someone to help me...

I screamed, the car swerved, the ground was shaking, I was scooped up, I opened my eyes to see Dean cradling me. I breathed heavily, clutching his jacket,
He said" Whoa, whoa, you're okay, you're okay, you're okay. River, it's okay."
Sam said" They're getting worse." The shaking stopped, I whimpered, sniffling, I squeezed my eyes shut a few times.
" Yeah." He started humming, his chin against my head, I tried to keep my eyes open but they kept shutting.
" He needs more sleep, it's like his body is starting to just... shut down."
" Mmhmm."
" The shakes are getting more violent, I think they're getting stronger."
" Hmm?"
" Like the nightmares are triggering whatever happened down there to him, his abilities... I think."
————
We dropped Sam off at a restaurant, I crawled into the front seat with Dean, he looked at me then looked at the road.
He said" You gonna be fine waiting in the car while I go into the women's facility?"
I said" Yeah."
" You sure?"
" Mmhmm."
" Okay."

I was sitting at Dean's feet, Sam walked up,
He said" Well, you pick up anything?"
Dean said" No EMF in the shower or anywhere else. This house is clean."
" Yeah. I'm not surprised. I kind of got the feeling back there. That crazy pushed Mrs. Armstrong down the stairs." We started walking to the car,
" I got to tell you, I'm pretty disappointed."
" You wanted to save naked women."
" Damn right I wanted to save some naked women." I blinked, I saw blood, I blinked fast, shaking my head," Run, Forrest, run!"
" Sorry, Dean, but I don't think anything's going on around here." Dean looked at a man and a sheriff talking,
" Something's going on." Dean let go of my hand and nudged my shoulder, I walked to the car and got in.