Chapter 67

Sam said" All right. Exit's in 3 miles."
Dean said" I still say this is a bad idea."
" Dean, it was your idea, and it was the best one either of us had."
" I said it as a joke."
" It was a bad joke- good idea."
" Yeah, only because we got no magic spell, no book- nothing on how to find a freakin' righteous bone."
" We can call Castiel again."
" Dude, on my car, he showed up naked... covered in bees."
" Yeah, I'm not really sorry I missed that." I was starting to nod off, Dean turned on the radio. It was about Roman. Then Dean turned it off,
" Holed up at SucroCorp, huh?"

Dean said" I guess if we can't find a righteous bone in a freakin' nunnery crypt-" We walked in,
Sam said" All right. Here- listen to this. Sister Mary Benedict taught the learning-impaired and died at age 23."
" Eh, it's a little young. Find someone who's had time to cook."
" Okay, well, there was, uh... here- Sister Mary Eunice. Uh, fed the poor, became Mother Superior at age 60."
" Sounds political. Power corrupts."
" Right. Um... Listen to this- Sister Mary Constant, 83 years of quiet, humble nun-like goodness. What do you think?"
" Wow. I want to be more righteous just reading this."
" Exactly."
" All right, well, I lay odds on her. Here we go." He walked to the stone," Well... let's bone this nun. Sorry." He slammed his hammer into the stone.
———
They summoned Crowley but he didn't show up,
Dean said" Is he trying to make a grand entrance or..."
Sam said" I don't know."
" Son of a bitch. He's standing us up."
" Well, we summoned him. Doesn't he kind of have to-"
" If Crowley wants to screw you, he'll screw you."
" Or... He can't come 'cause something went wrong."
" Maybe." There was a knock at the door, Sam pulled out his gun," Maybe it's good news." Sam looked then opened the door, Meg came in,
She said" You deal with him. I can't anymore."
" You might want to be more specific."
" I was laying low halfway across the world when emo boy pops up out of nowhere and zaps me right back here."
" Why?"
" Go ask him. He was your boyfriend first." Dean went out to get Cas and bring him inside.

Cas said" Now, you understand I don't participate in aggressive activity." He grabbed the bone and sniffed it," Mm. Sister Mary Constant. Good choice."
Dean said" Why'd you go to Meg, Cas?"
" When I left, I wanted to observe the flowers- and fruit. Flowers come first, obviously. But I heard nothing from them."
I said" You heard nothing from who?"
" The garrison."
Sam said" What happened to the garrison?"
" Well, finally, the silence was deafening, so I went to look... to the home of the prophet. You know, leviathan can kill angels. There's a reason why father locked them in purgatory. They're the... piranha that would eat the whole aquarium. They're gone. The entire garrison- dead. If there's anyone left at all, they're in hiding."
Dean said" Uh, I'm sorry. If the angels are dead, where's Kevin?"
" I could steal them from their cages, the monkeys. But where would I put them all?"
" Hey! Focus. Is Kevin alive?"
" I don't want to fight."
" No, I'm not- We're worried. They took him. He's alive. I felt such responsibility, but it's in your hands now."
" Wait. Hold on a freakin' minute."
" I feel much better."
Meg said" Guys, what's all that?"
Sam said" We called Crowley."
" You what?"
Dean said" Don't worry. He never showed."
" What do you mean never-"
" Do you see him anywhere? He stood us up."
" Well, I'm sorry about that, but I'm outie. He could still sh-"
Crowley said" Show up at any time." We looked at him," Hello, boys. Sorry I'm late. This is an embarrassment of riches. Stay, won't you? There's really nowhere to run." She went for the door, he got in front of her," Don't even think of smoking out, pussycat. I've got eyes all over the place."
Cas said" Leave her be."
" Castiel. When last we spoke, you- well, enslaved me. I'm confused. Why aren't you dead?"
" I... don't know."
" Well, do you want to be? 'Cause I can help with that."
Dean said" All right, enough."
" It's enough when I say. I came here to help you. Find out you've been lying to me, harboring an angel, and not just any angel- the one angel I most want to crush between my teeth."
Meg said" Oh, so you can crush angels now, huh?"
" You bore me. You know that? You have no sense of poetry. Now, what do you have to say for yourself?"
Cas said" Well, I'm still, uh, honing my communication strategy. I haven't even been back to heaven. I-I keep thinking there are no insects up there, but here we have... trillions. You know, they're making honey and silk and... miracles, really."
" What are you talking about?"
" Um, preferring insects to angels, I guess. Here. I can offer a token, if you like." He walked to him and pulled out a sandwich bag of honey." It's honey. I-I collected it myself." Crowley looked at Dean, who smile-shrugged,
" You're off your rocker. He's off his rocker- is that it?" Cas walked away from him," Karma's a bitch, isn't it?"
Dean said" Look, did you come here to, uh, doggy-punch your old grudges or to help us end Dick? Pick a battle."
" Well, I'm vexed. I'd like to do both. But where's the fun in clobbing a ball of wet fur? Text me when sparkles here retrieves his marbles, I suppose. Meanwhile... a prezzie." He held up a vile of blood,
Sam said" Really? Just boxed up and ready to go?"
" I'm a model of efficiency."
" Is that right? Then why were you late?"
" Dick had me in a devil trap. He's not an idiot. He knows what you two are after."
" So what did he offer you?"
" A fair deal. In exchange for giving you the wrong blood... it's demon, but is it mine? It's my blood. Real deal."
Dean said" And why should we trust you?"
" Good god, don't. Never trust anyone. A lesson I learned from my last business partner."
" All right. Give us the blood."
" Certainly. Oh, bonus. Meg, I'm gonna scoop you up, take you home, and roast you till you're jerky. But not... yet. Cas can have you for now. Hilariously, it seems he'd be upset at losing you. And the boys need Cas to get Dick. Don't they, Cas?"
Cas said" Oh, I-I don't fight anymore."
" Come on. Given the particulars of your enemy, sadly, you're vital." He threw the vile, Sam caught it, and Crowley was gone.
———
We pulled up to SucroCorp,
Dean said" You got it yet?"
Sam said" Here we go." He got into the security cameras," Thank you, Charlie, wherever you are."
" Got you, Dick."
" Yeah, that's, uh, the second floor, and then- what's that?" Then I saw Dick in his office,
" What the hell? Is that Dick?" Sam pressed a button, and Dick was walking in the hallway.
" And that's Dick."
" Son of a bitch. Cycle through again." I saw a truck pull up, Sam looked through binoculars.
" That's the maid from the motel."
Dean and I said" What motel?"
" Oh, no. Oh, Bobby, what are you doing?"
Dean said" Wait. Are you saying that Bobby-"
" Look, just, uh, wait here."
" Are you out of your mind?!"
" You got the weapon, and-and eyes on Dick, plural. I'll take care of Bobby." Sam got out,
" Sam! Hey!"
" Shut up." Sam closed the door then ran after Bobby, possessing the maid.

Soon, Sam came back with the maid, she was unconscious.
———
Sam said" Okay, thanks. She's fine. Checking out of the hospital tonight."
Cas said" Well, that's positive."
Meg said" Tell me again why you turned tail for some maid. You were right there."
Dean said" Shut up, Meg."
Sam said" Because Dick made more Dicks. He must've kept a chunk of the original Dick Roman somewhere. They'd all have to touch it."
" Hey, shifty, what's your problem?" We looked at Cas,
Cas said" We need a cat. Doesn't this place feel one species short?"
" You got anything to say on the topic of Dicks? Crowley was pretty sure that you could help."
" I can't help. You understand? I can't. I destroyed... everything, and I will destroy everything again. Can we please just leave it at that?"
" No. No, we can't."
Sam said" Dean..."
" We can't leave it. You let these friggin' things in. So you don't get to make a sandwich. You don't get a damned cat. Nobody cares that you're broken, Cas. Clean up your mess!"
Cas said" You know... we should play twister." Then he was gone,
Meg said" Nice. You scared off the empire's only hope."
Dean said" Meaning?"
" It occur to you every one of those things was in Cas? He knows them. He can see past the meat suits."
Sam said" So, he'll be able to spot the real... fake Dick Roman."
" Gold star, sugarpants. Too bad he's froot loops. You might've had a chance." Then we looked to Cas, to see him trying to play twister by himself.

Dean said" There's no real point in looking for a tell. They all downloaded Dick's brain. They've all got the same tells."
Sam said" All right, then maybe the question is, what would the real Dick be doing?"
Bobby said" Is that the best you can do? Idjits."
" Bobby, we didn't know if you-"
" Well, you should've. You got the flask. Dumb. You should've burned it right off."
Dean said" Bobby-"
" I'm still jonesing to go back... grab some poor bastard, kamikaze 'em going after Dick. It's bad." He closed the laptop, Dean stood up," Let's be real. I damn near killed you. And that woman."
Sam said" It wasn't your fault, Bobby- not really."
" Right. That's just what ghosts turn into.  I really bet the farm I could outsmart that."
Dean said" So, what's it feel like?"
" What? Going vengeful? It's an itch you can't scratch out. Look... I'm done. Go get Dick. But don't do it 'cause you think it'll scratch the itch. Do it 'cause it's the job. And when it's your time... Go."

Bobby said" Here's to... running into you guys on the other side. Only... not too soon. All right?" Dean tossed the flask into the fire, Bobby burned, I looked at my brothers.
———
I was with Sam, Dean and Cas were looking for Dick, Meg was being distraction.

Sam kicked in a door, we saw Kevin tied up,
Sam said" Kevin. Hey, buddy. We got to hustle, okay?" Kevin pulled the tape off as Sam cut the bounds,
Kevin said" Wait. We can't leave yet."
" Uh, yeah, we can. It's okay. We got to go."
" You don't understand. Dick's got creamer in his lab. He's gonna kill all the skinny people."
" Wait. What? Slow down."
" We have to blow up the lab, Sam. Please." I looked at Sam, then to Kevin,
" Yeah, fine. Let's go."

We ran into the lab, to see Dean and Cas stab Dick through the neck with the bone.
Dean said" Figured we'd have to catch you off guard." Dick went leviathan face, then it looked like he was pulsing, black smoke surrounded me. I couldn't see anything. I squeezed my eyes shut then opened them, they glowed. The black smoke disappeared, and I saw nothing where Dean and Cas were.
Kevin said" Sam, we should go." I tilted my head, where's Dean? Where's Dean?! I breathed heavily,
Sam said" What the hell?"
" More chompers any second, Sam."
Crowley said" Not to worry." Sam and I turned to face him," I have a small army of demons outside. Cut off the head, and the body will flounder, after all. Think if you'd had just one king since before the first sunrise. You'd be in a kerfuffle, too."
Sam said " Which is exactly what you wanted."
" So did you. Without a master plan, the levis are just another monster. Hard to stomp, sure, but you love a challenge. Your job is to keep them from organizing."
Sam and I said" Where's Dean?"
" That bone... has a bit of a kick. God weapons often do. They should put a warning on the box."
" Where are they, Crowley?!"
" Can't help you, Sam, River." He snapped his fingers, two demons grabbed Kevin, I looked at them." Sorry, Sam. Prophet's mine." He snapped his fingers again and they were gone, we turned to face Crowley." You got what you wanted- Dick's dead, saved the world. So I want one little prophet. Sorry, Moose. Wish I could help. You certainly got a lot on your plate right now. It looks like you are well and truly... on your own." Then he was gone too, I looked at Sam, looking around, I gulped.
I said" Sammy, let's go!" I grabbed his arm, tugging him, the ground started shaking as I got scared." We gotta go, come on. And we gotta blow this place up. Come on, Sam! Sammy!"

To Be Continued...