Chapter 30

Dean was on the phone with Lisa, he was done just as Sam walked up, I was eating twizzlers.
Dean said" Hey."
Sam said" What are you so stoked about?"
" What? Nothing. What do you got?"
" Six girls in seven days. Which is more disappearances than this city has seen in over a year. All about the same age and-"
" And cute." Sam scoffed," Hey, ice cream comes in lots of flavors, Sam."
" Right, sure. Well, half a dozen girls, late teens, a shower away from greatness. It sounds like a profile. I wonder what else they got in common."
" Well, six directions to go here. Pick a number."
" Seven. Another call just came in today." I got into the car, Sam closed it behind me and got in.

They walked into the house, I waited for a few minutes before getting out, checking the area then walking to the house. I climbed up onto the railing then grabbed the the side of the roof and pulled myself up. I scaled the roof till a window slightly opened, I smiled and walked to the window, crawling in as I saw Dean. He closed the window, he walked back to Sam as Sam opened a laptop.
Sam said" All right." A guy's face popped up," That's just uncomfortable."
Dean said" What is he so bummed out about? Look at this. He's watching her sleep. How is that not rapey?"
" I gotta concentrate here, Dean." Dean walked away, I watched Sam type Dracula but the laptop screamed. I tilted my head, girls are weird, at least the ones obsessed with these douchebags.
" He could hear the blood rushing inside her, almost taste it. He tried desperately to control himself. Romero knew their love was impossible." I looked at Dean, my head tilted more, he was reading the stupid book." Romero? Really?"
" Dean, shut up."
" This is a national bestseller. How is that possible?" Sam got the scream again, I looked at him," Hey, try, uh, Lautner."
" Wait, he's a werewolf. How do you even know who that is?"
" You kidding me? That kid's everywhere. It's a freaking nightmare." Another scream, I sighed,
" Hey, how many T's are there in Pattins-?" There was a ding," That's it. We're in. Ha. All right."
" Well?" Dean walked back over to us, leaning over me.
" Well, her inbox is full from some guy claiming to be a vampire."
" A real vampire?"
" Well, uh... I can only meet you at night. I don't trust myself with you. The call of your blood is too strong. Vampires phishing for victims?"
" It's probably just a human mouth-breather, right?"
" On the other hand, talk about easy prey."
" For actual vamps?"
" Yeah. These chicks are just throwing themselves at you. All you gotta do is, I don't know, write bad poetry."
" Huh."
" Well, this guy wanted to meet her at a place called The Black Rose."
" Give me a break."
" Just reporting the news."
" This is probably just your standard issue perv, right?" Sam closed the laptop while looking at Dean.
———
I was left at the motel room as they were going to the bar or whatever to find the vampire.

I was walking back and forth, I yawned then laid down, pulling Rexxy to me with my powers. I curled up, yawning again, I closed my eyes, it won't be real sleep, but it'll be something.

I heard the door open, Sam and Dean coming in, I started to wake up,
I heard Dean groan" Oh, my god, what is that sound?"
Sam said" What sound, Dean?" I heard glass break, I squirmed, I'm so sleepy all the time, but I don't get good sleep.
" Hey, come on. Keep it down, damn it." He hit the wall," Please, please, shut that off. Jeez."
" Dean, you should sit down."
" You sit down. Of all the ways to die, never thought I'd be going out like this." Huh? I sat up, rubbing my eyes,
" Dean, nobody is going out." Dean got up and yanked the alarm clock out of the wall.
" Samuel will kill me when he gets here."
" No, Dean, he's not."
" Because I'm gonna ask him to... because you won't do it." I saw stain marks on Dean's mouth, vampire blood. No! No! No! No! I breathed heavily, I could feel the bed starting to shake under me.
" Okay, just hold on a second."
" For what? Look at me."
" We can figure this out."
" How? Why aren't you freaking out?"
" Of course I am."
" Really? Because I can hear your heartbeat, and it's pretty damn steady."
" That's because I'm trying to remain calm. Dean, look, Samuel will know what to do."
" Come on, man, I'm a monster. Okay? This is not a problem that you spitball. We gotta deal with this before I hurt somebody." Dean groaned, covering his eyes with his hand.
" How's it feel?"
" Now? Now you wanna talk about my feelings?"
" No, I mean physically."
" How do you think it feels? Not good."
" Where you going?"
" Bathroom, okay? News flash, Mr. Wizard. Vampires pee." Dean closed the bathroom door, Sam looked at me, he sighed.
" Hey, buddy, sorry we woke you up."
I said" What's wrong with Dean?"
" Vamp. He's gonna be okay though, we'll figure it out. Try and go back to sleep, okay?" I shook my head, he sighed then walked to the cabinet, we heard water running. Sam looked at me then walked to the bathroom, he opened the door, he stared into the bathroom. Dean's not there, no, no, no! I squeezed my eyes shut, the room shook this time.