Chapter 9

I was running away from demons, as fast as I could go, I slipped and hit the ground so hard the air was knocked out of me. I coughed and tried to get up but I couldn't, I was too tired... too scared. The demons surrounded me, kicking me, I screamed in pain, then everything became fuzzy till I was pulled up by my neck, I gasped for air as a demon lifted me up over their head.
She said" You little fleabag! You think you can run from us? Think you can find somewhere to hide? Think your big brothers are gonna come save you... they don't even know you're down here having fun with us! They'll never know! You're stuck down here with us, and there's nothing no one will ever do!" I spit in her face, she screamed and slammed me against the wall, I screamed...

I scrambled up and pushed my head out the window, I puked, I slumped down, and hung there.
After a few minutes, I heard my brothers then running.
Dean said" River? River!" I whined, trying to lift my head up but just puked again, I was pulled out of the window and into his arms. I slumped my head against his shoulder, gripping his arms, I nuzzled my face against his neck. He's real. I'm here. I'm real. He's real." River! Can you hear me? Riv!" I yelped and covered my ears, I started crying,
Sam said" Dean, you're being too loud. He's too sensitive right now."
Dean whispered" Shh, River, you're okay, I'm right here, we're right here, you're okay. River, we've got you."

After a few minutes, I moved my hands and looked up,
Dean said" There he is. Better?" I nodded a little," Wanna tell us what happened?" I shook my head," Was it a nightmare?" I nodded my head," Was it made up or from a memory?"
I whispered" Memory."
Sam said" From Hell?" I nodded," Know we're real, okay? We're here, we're topside."
" Topside." I yawned, rubbing my eyes, they both sighed,
Dean said" Try and get some more sleep, buddy." They got into the car, Dean put me in the middle, I'm topside... I'm with my brothers, Sam and Dean. I'm topside, they'd never let anything happen to me again. I'm topside. The car started and Dean started driving, I tried to keep my eyes open, but I was too sleepy.
———
I was in the car, they're working a case they got from Ruby. I don't like Ruby, she's a demon... I've met too many demons. Been hurt by too many demons to trust one.

We were walking into a church, Anna, the girl who's being chased by demons goes here.

We walked into the attic, they had their guns,
Sam said" Dean." They put their guns away," Anna? We're not gonna hurt you. We're here to help. My name is Sam. This is my brother, Dean and River."
Anna said" Sam? Not Sam Winchester?" I looked at Sam and Dean,
" Uh, yeah." She came out,
" And you're Dean? The Dean?"
Dean said" Well, yeah. The Dean, I guess."
" It's really you. The angels talk about you. You were in Hell, but Castiel pulled you out and some of them think you can help save us." She walked to us," And some of them don't like you at all. They talk about you all the time lately. I feel like I know you."
" So you talk to angels?"
" Oh, no. No, no way. Um, they probably don't even know I exist. I just kind of overhear them."
Sam said" You overhear them?"
" Yeah. They talk and sometimes I just... hear them in my head."
Dean said" Like right now?"
" Not right this second, but a lot. And I can't shut them out. There are so many of them."
" So they lock you up with a case of the crazies when really you were just tuning in to angel radio?"
" Yes. Thank you."
Sam said" Anna, when did the voices start? Do you remember?"
" I can tell you exactly. September 18th." I looked at Dean, Sam did too,
Dean said" The day we got out of hell."
" First words I heard, clear as a bell. Dean Winchester is saved."
" What do you think?"
Sam said" It's above my pay grade, man."
" Well, at least now we know why the demons want you so bad. When they get ahold of you, they can hear everything the other side's cooking. You're 1-900-angel."
Anna said" Hey, um, do you know, are my parents okay? I-I didn't go home. I was afraid." Ruby walked in,
Ruby said" You got the girl. Good. Let's go."
" Ah, her face!"
Sam said" No, it's okay, she's here to help."
Dean said" Don't be so sure."
Ruby said" We have to hurry."
" Why?"
" Because a demon's coming, big-timer. We can fight later, Dean."
" Well, that's pretty convenient. Showing up right when we find the girl with some bigwig on your tail?"
" I didn't bring him here, you did."
" What?"
" He followed you from the girl's house. We gotta go now."
Sam said" Dean." I looked up and followed Sam's stare, a statue was crying blood.
" It's too late. He's here."
" Come with me." He grabbed my arm and dragged me with him as he led Anna to a closet." Okay. Stay in there. Don't move." Anna went into the closet, he tried to put me in there, I glared at him, he closed the door. He let go of my arm and walked ahead of me,
" No, Sam, you gotta pull him right away."
Dean said" Whoa, hold on a sec."
" Now's not the time to bellyache about Sam going dark side. He does his thing. He exorcises that demon or we die." The door busted in, I saw a man, the feeling of fear washed over me... Alastair. No! No! No! No! I crouched down behind some boxes, Sam tried to exorcise him but it didn't work.
Alastair said" That tickles. You don't have the juice to take me on, Sam." Then Sam was thrown, Dean attacked with the knife, the ground started shaking. I got angry, I ran out of hiding." Hello again, Dean." Then he was being punched, I ran at Alastair, I pushed him off Dean," Oh, River, I wouldn't have done yet." Then he couldn't move, I got dizzy, he flung me into the wall." Come on, Dean. Don't you recognize me?" He punched Dean again," Oh, I forgot I'm wearing a pediatrician. But we were so close... in hell."
Dean said" Alastair." Sam ran back up and stabbed Alastair, I got up and ran to Dean.
" You're gonna have to try a whole lot harder than that, son." Sam grabbed Dean and pulled him up, My brothers looked at our only escape route, I gulped, the ground shook more. Dean grabbed the back of my shirt and we ran, and crashed through the window. We hit the ground, hard, Dean's arm the only thing shielding my face from the impact.

Sam sewed up the cut on my arm before he started on his, Dean had a dislocated shoulder that he wanted popped back in but Sam was busy. I was laying on the bed,
Dean said" Are you almost done?" Sam groaned,
He said" I'm going as fast as I can."
" Good, 'cause you know, I got a dislocated shoulder over here."
" Yeah. I'll pop it back when I'm finished." Sam cut the thread," Give me that." Dean gave Sam the bottle of wine,
" So you lost the magic knife, huh?"
" Yeah, saving your ass. Who the hell was that demon?"
" No one good. We gotta find Anna."
" Ruby's got her. I'm sure she's okay. Alright. Come on." He got up," On three. One..." He pushed Dean's shoulder into place, Dean groaned, then walked away again.
" You sure about Ruby? 'Cause I think it's just as likely she used us to find radio girl and then brought that demon in to kill us."
" No, she took Anna to keep her safe."
" Yeah. Well, why hasn't she called to tell us where she is?"
" Because that demon is probably watching us right now. Waiting to follow us right back to Anna again. That's why he let us go."
" You call this letting us go?"
" Yeah, I do. Look, killing us would have been no problem to that thing. That's why for now, we just gotta lay low and wait for Ruby to contact us."
" Yeah, how's she gonna do that?" I dug my head under a pillow, closing my eyes, falling asleep.

I woke up when I was shaken, I whined, pushing hands away.
Sam said" Come on, Riv, we've gotta go. Now. Dean, he's not waking up."
Dean said" Yeah, you're gonna have to carry him."
" Okay." I was lifted up, I opened my eyes, and looked at them.
" Hey, buddy, think you can climb out a window?" I nodded," Okay." Sam carried me to the bathroom and opened the window, he helped me out the window, I jumped down, landing on my knees, ow! Ow! Ow! I whimpered, I scrambled up and leaned against the wall, looking at my knees. Sam climbed out then Dean, Sam crouched down, I wrapped my arms around his neck, and wrapped my legs around his stomach. He stood up and we left, I guess to meet Ruby and Anna.

We got to this place, Ruby opened the door,
She said" Glad you could make it."
Sam said" Yeah, thanks. Anna, are you okay?"
Anna said" Yeah. I think so. Ruby's not like other demons. She saved my life."
Dean said" Yeah, I hear she does that. I guess I, uh... you know..."
Ruby said" What?"
" I guess I owe you for... Sam. And I just wanna, ahem, you know..."
" Don't strain yourself."
" Okay then. Is the moment over? Good, 'cause that was awkward."
Anna said" Hey, Sam, you think it'd be safe to make a quick call just to tell my parents I'm okay? They must be completely freaked."
Sam said" Um..."
" What?" Sam put me down, then sat next to her,
" Anna, um... your parents..."
" What about them?"
" Look, I'm sorry."
" No, they're not..."
" Anna, I'm sorry." She sobbed,
" Why is this happening to me?"
" I don't know." She gasped, sitting up again,
" They're coming." The lights flickered,
Dean said" Backroom!" Anna moved to the backroom, Dean and Sam grabbed guns, Ruby looked for the knife.
She said" Where's the knife?"
" Uh, about that..."
" You're kidding."
" Hey, don't look at me."
Sam said" Thanks a lot." Dean smiled, then looked out the window,
Ruby said" Great. Just peachy. Impeccable timing, guys, really." The door started shaking, then it busted open, Castiel and Uriel walked in.
Dean said" Please tell me you're here to help. We've been having demon issues all day."
Uriel said" Well, I can see that. You want to explain why you have that stain in the room?"
Castiel said" We're here for Anna."
Dean said" Here for her, like here for her?"
Uriel said" Stop talking. Give her to us."
Sam said" Are you gonna help her?"
Castiel said" No. She has to die."