Chapter 21

I was on fire, I was screaming, then the fire went out, I breathed heavily, looking around. Lilith came in, she giggled as she saw me,
She said" Hi, River!" I glared at her, she pouted," That's not a way to treat your friend, is it?" She snapped her fingers, and it felt like someone was peeling off my skin, I cried out," Say you're sorry."
I said" You're sorry!"
" River!" The pain got worse, I screamed in pain,
" I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" It all stopped, she smiled,
" That's what I thought! You could just be nice and play well, you know."
" No!"
" You're no fun!" She made my body flames again, I screamed again, I breathed heavily, the entire place started shaking so much." What's happening?" My eyes rolled back," Ah!" I heard a loud thud, my body dropped from the restraints, I took off running... feeling my bones crack under my weight.

I woke up, breathing heavily, the ground was shaking, then I saw Dean.
He said" Whoa, bud, calm down, just another nightmare." I saw we were at Bobby's, when we'd get here?
I whined" Where's Sammy?"
" Uh... he's just in the basement."
" Why?"
" He's benched, all right. He's being bad. We're ringing him out." He locked him in the panic room.
" You didn't?"
" He's gone too far." I jumped up and tried to get to Sam, Dean grabbed me by my stomach, holding me under his arm, I screamed.
" Dean! Let go! Sammy! Sam! Dean! Dean! Let go! Let him out! Let him out! Let him out!" The ground started shaking severely, I breathed heavily," Let him out! Let him out! Let him out!" I kicked and punched, trying to get Dean to let go of me." He didn't do anything wrong! Let him out!"
" He's lied to us! He's drinking demon blood! He's doing everything wrong! River, are you even listening to me?!"
" Then maybe use your stupid, holy, fat head and talk to him!" Dean dropped me, I got up and ran for it, he grabbed the back of my shirt and pushed me onto the couch. I glared at him,
" You got anything else you wanna say?"
" You're an idiot for trusting stupid angels! He's an idiot for trusting a demon! You're both so full of yourselves all you do is fight! All you ever do is lie! You've been lying to me since we got out of hell! You've been lying to me before that when I was four!"
" What're you talking about?"
" The only reason I'm even around is because you begged!" He froze," You begged like a dog! And then-then you let me take all the hits! Dad hated me! He hated me! And you always said he loved me! But you were lying straight to my face! Did Sam know too?! Or were you lying to him too!"
" River, dad-"
" Stop lying!" The lights flickered," Stop lying to me! I've been to hell! I was tortured in hell! I'm not a baby! I have powers! And they're scary! And I have nightmares that hurt me! I'm tired of being lied to all the time!" I breathed heavily, the shaking just kept getting stronger." Did you hate me too?! Did Sammy hate me?! I betcha did! I was a baby! You had to be a dad! Because your dad hated me! He wanted to get rid of me the second he saw me!" Dean grabbed the front of my shirt, he glared at me, our faces inches apart.
" I never hated you! Don't think for a damn second that I did! How the hell do you know all of this?"
" He was in hell too, you know. Before he got out. Azazel made it a game! Tell Little River everything and you get a breather. This is stupid! I want Sam!"
" Well, you're not getting him."
" I want Sam!"
" No!"
" I want Sam!"
" No! River, now sit down and be quiet!"
" No!"
" Yes!"
" No!" Energy balled up inside me, I screamed in pain,
" River?" Then it felt like an explosion went off, my body dropped, I heard Dean grunt." What the hell? River? River!" I felt his hands on my face, I whimpered, my eyes closed, I felt blood pouring out of my nose. Everything went black.

I woke up, handcuffed to the staircase, Dean was gone, but Bobby was at his desk. I squirmed, trying to get out of the handcuffs,
Bobby said" He tightened them up good, River."
I said" Let me out."
" You'll cause a lot of trouble if I do."
" I'll get Sammy and we'll leave. Dean doesn't trust us anymore." I pulled at the cuff, as hard as I could," He's on a stupid holy mission!" I pulled harder, my wrist started hurting a lot.
" Stop it, River, you're gonna hurt yourself."
" I've been burnt alive, what does a little pain matter?" I felt the ground shaking, I whimpered and pulled my knees up to my chest. I mumbled" Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop." I pulled again and the cuff started creaking, my wrist started bleeding.
" Dammit, boy." He rushed over and un-cuffed me, he grabbed my arm and dragged me over to the desk. I held my wrist in my hand, watching the blood slid down my arm.
———
Dean done something super stupid, probably the most stupid thing he's done so far!
Bobby said" Now, correct me if I'm wrong,  but you willingly signed up to be the angels' bitch? I'm sorry. You prefer sucker? After everything you said about them, now you trust them?"
Dean said" Come on, give me a little credit, Bobby. I've never trusted them less. I mean, they come on like shady politicians from Planet Vulcan!"
" Well, then why in the hell-"
" Because what other options do I have?! It's either trust the angels, or let Sammy trust a demon?!"
" I see your point." Then I noticed how quiet it was, Sammy?!
" Do you hear that?"
" That's a little too much nothing." I ran for the basement.

I jumped down the stairs quickly, I heard them following me, I got to the door, I couldn't see into the hole. Dean pushed me to the side, I huffed, they looked in.
Dean said" What if he's faking?"
Bobby said" You really think he would?"
" I think he's do anything." Then I heard a loud thud,
" That ain't faking." They opened the door and ran in, I saw Sammy against the wall, Dean and Bobby grabbed him and put him on the ground." We're gonna have to tie him down for his own safety." Sam was shaking a lot, I whimpered," Dean? You with me? Dean! Before he has another fit!"
" Yeah, yeah! Let's just get it over with!" I backed away, then ran up the stairs, I breathed heavily, the ground started shaking again. I crawled between a shelf and dug myself behind the couch, I pulled my knees to my chest, and covered my face and head.

Bobby said" I'm gonna ask one more time, are we absolutely sure we're doing the right thing?" I pulled my knees tighter to my chest, still hidden behind the couch.
Dean said" Bobby, you saw what was happening to him down there. The demon blood is killing him."
" No, it isn't. We are."
" What?"
" I'm sorry. I can't bite my tongue any longer. We're killing him. Keeping him locked up down there. This cold turkey thing isn't working. If-If he doesn't get what he needs... soon... Sam's not gonna last much longer."
" No. I'm not giving him demon blood. I won't do it."
" And if he dies?"
" Then at least he dies human!" I whimpered," I would die for him in a second. But I won't let him do this to himself. I can't. I guess I found my line. I won't let my brother turn into a monster."
———
I was lifted up, I whined loudly as I woke up,
Dean said" I know you're pissed, Riv. At me, at Sam, at everything. But I need you sharp, so you're gonna have to wake up, I know whatever blast of energy you had tore you down, but I need you to be wide awake."
I mumbled" Nooo... Goo 'way."
" Will you please just trust me?"
" You trust the angels, I don't trust anyone."
" Anyone? Seriously... You trust Sam?" I shook my head," Come on, I'm your big brother, you've gotta trust me." I opened my eyes and looked at him,
I screamed" You want Sam to die!"
" You heard that?"
I mumbled" I don't trust you, or Sammy, or anyone. You're all stupid!"
" Fine, don't trust me, call me all the damn names you want, just from the backseat of the car."

Dean said" How far away am I?" He was on the phone with Bobby," That's a good place to look. What? Right." I looked at Dean, he's not gonna try and get Sam back, he'll yell! And that'll push Sammy away even more.

I was in the impala, Sammy's not good at kicking Dean off his trail, at all. I saw Ruby run out, I tilted my head, she froze, and tried to move but couldn't. I got out and walked to her,
She said" Hi, cutie."
I said" You hurt Sammy."
" Wanna let me go?" I shook my head, staring at her,
" You're hurting my brothers."
" I haven't done anything to Dean."
" You're taking Sammy away!"
" Dean made that choice. He locked Sam away like a monster."
" You're the monster!" The ground started shaking," You're taking my Sammy! I want my brothers back!" I breathed heavily," And you hurt Sammy!"
" I didn't mean- I didn't mean to hurt Sam, I'm sorry for hurting him."
" You can't be sorry! You're a demon, you lie! You're selfish! You don't care about anyone! And you're hurting Sammy! My Sammy!" I raised my chin, she started rising off the ground, then I saw Sammy, he walked to me.
He said" River, buddy, put her down."
" No!"
" River, come on, put her down."
" No! No! No! No! No!" The ground jolted under me, I yelped," I don't care about Lilith! I don't care about Lucifer! I don't care about the world! I don't care about you! I don't care about Dean! I want my brothers back! I guess they're gone too! You're stupid! You're stupid! Dean's stupid! You're both stupid!"
" Okay, okay, I'm stupid, I know, I know, buddy. But I need you to put her down, okay?" I dropped her, she groaned, Sam sighed," Gently, would have been nicer." I glared at him," Go back to the car and wait for Dean, okay?"
" No! No! No! No! No!" He froze, he tried to move but failed,
" River, let me go. River, River, let me go, now."
" Did you know dad hated me?"
" Dad didnt-"
" You're lying! Stop lying to me! Everyone lies to me!" He unfroze, only to fall as the ground got worse,
" Yes! I knew, I knew! I also knew Dean begged to keep you, I knew dad wanted to just drop you in the middle of some town and drive off."
" Why lie?!"
" Because... uh... I-I don't know, buddy, guess I didn't think you could handle it."
" You're stupid!"
" I know, I know, we gotta go, buddy, okay? I'll- uh, I'll see you soon."
" You're lying."
" I'll see you soon." He and Ruby walked away, I breathed heavily,
I screamed" You're all liars!" The streets lights around me exploded, I got back into the car, then started crying. I curled up into the corner of the seat and hid under a blanket, holding Rexxy tightly in my arms.