Chapter 42

Skipping S6E17: My Heart Will Go On
Onto
S6E18: Frontierland
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

My brothers and Bobby went to research from the Campbell library. Dean said I couldn't go because I get grumpy after a while of researching. And they were gonna be a while... a long, long while. I don't like being away from them long, it's scary, and I don't like that feeling anymore. I was staring out the window, waiting for them, my foot was tapping against the floor quickly. I felt the power start up,
I whimpered" No, no, no, no, no..." I ran outside so I didn't damage anything of Bobby's.

I hit the ground, breathing heavily, the ground started shaking... severely. I screamed in pain, the ground cracked under me, I tried to get up but couldn't. I cried out, then the power went atomic, I was slammed onto the ground, I gasped for air. The ground opened up, I yelped as I fell into the hole, I coughed, and stood up. I looked up, I was in deep, at least 7 feet, I jumped and tried to grab the edge but couldn't. I kicked the dirt, then glared up, I sat down as I got really sleepy, I always get really sleepy when my powers go atomic uncontrollably.

I heard the impala, I stood up, I heard their voices. My body really hurt, I wobbled and sat back down, my head spun.
I screamed" Dean! Deee! Sammy! Saaammy!"
I heard Dean yell" River?!"
" Dee!" I heard running, then I saw them, I sighed, then made weak grabby hands, before my arms fell.
Dean said" What the hell happened?"
I said" I think I caused an earthquake."
" You-What?" I whimpered," Don't matter right now, hold on, I'm coming to get you, you're okay." He jumped down, and lifted me into his arms, he held out one arm and Sam grabbed his hand." Hey, buddy, hold onto me, okay?" I wrapped my arms around his neck, he let go of me and grabbed the edge. Sam pulled him up, he stood up and put me down, I wobbled, Sam grabbed my arm.
Sam said" Hey, buddy, you okay? What happened?"
I said" I got scared... I'm sorry."
" It's okay, it's okay. Why didn't you stay inside? It's way safer than out here."
" Didn't wanna break any of Bobby's stuff." He sighed,
" I don't think Bobby would have cared, buddy. This could've been way worse than it was. Come on, let's go inside." Dean lifted me up, I wrapped my legs around his stomach, letting my arms hang down.
Dean said" Call us if one of these... attacks happen, okay? Especially if we're not in earshot."
I whispered" Okay, Dee." I laid my head on his shoulder, my body stopped shaking.
———
I was laughing at Dean, they were going back in time to Samuel Colt's time to get the phoenix ash we need to kill the Mother of all. And... well, Dean went overboard on the whole being the part of a cowboy and it's really funny. We're headed back to Bobby's,
He said" Shut up. You're just jealous you can't go."
I said" No, 'm not. You just love love love love love cowboys and western, and horses, and cowboys and sa-saloons and-and saddles and-" He threw a candy bar at me, I laughed again, he smiled at me, then ruffled my hair.
" Will you shut up now?"
" Definitely not."
" Good to know. You gonna be okay without us for a while?"
" Yeah, I won't be alone."
" All right."
" My powers scare you, don't they?"
" No... No, not-not the way you're thinking. They scare me, because they hurt you, and I don't ever want you hurt."
" But we get hurt all the time."
" Yeah, and I hate when you get hurt because you're just a kid, you don't deserve it."
" You don't either." He scoffed,
" Yeah, Riv. I know."

We walked into the kitchen, Cas was talking about them only having 24 hours to find Samuel Colt and get the Phoenix ash.
Dean said" Well, then we better get you a watch." He was holding all the bags,
Bobby said" What the hell's all that?"
" We are going native. Gotta blend in." He held out the bag from Wally's Western World to Sam.
Sam said" Uh, ha, ha. No, thanks. I'm fine."
" Sam."
" Dean, I can wear this."
" And look like a spaceman?"
" Look, just because you're obsessed with that Wild West-"
" No, I'm not."
" You have a fetish."
" Shut up. I like old movies."
" You can recite every Clint Eastwood movie ever made. Line for line."
Bobby said" Even the monkey movies."
Sam and I said" Yeah, especially the monkey movies."
Dean said" His name is Clyde." I laughed then hid behind Sam," At least wear the damn shirt?" Sam sighed, he was gonna wear the shirt, or Dean was just gonna make him.

Sam said" Dean, this is stupid. I look stupid." I started giggling as I saw them,
Bobby said" You going to a hoedown?"
Cas said" Now, is it customary to wear a blanket?" I shook my head quickly, Dean looks really stupid.
Dean said" It's a serape. And, yes. It's, uh... Nevermind. Let's just go. What's this?"
Bobby said" Where you're going they don't take plastic."
Cas said" I'll send you back to March 4th. That should give you time to find the Colt. And this phoenix creature."
Dean said" All right, well, see you at high noon tomorrow..." He clicked his tongue and winked," Partner." Cas touched their foreheads and they were gone.
" I have to go."
Bobby said" What about getting the boys back?"
" Pray for me in 24 hours and I'll return."
" I'll pray for all of us." He set the timer, I looked at him,
I said" They'll be okay, right?"
" They're smarter than they look, they'll be fine."
" Dean was wearing a blanket."
" Sam won't let anything happen to your brother."
" That's reassuring... slightly." I walked away from him and to the kitchen, I opened the fridge and grabbed a can of soda. I sat at the table, laying my head on my hands as I stared at the can, starting to get anxious... what if they get separated? What if they get found out? What if something goes wrong?

Cas popped in, I looked at Bobby then to Cas,
Bobby said" Cas?" Cas held up his hand then crawled to the fridge, he drew a symbol in blood. He's bleeding severely. He stood up," Cas? Are we running or fighting?"
Cas said" We're..." Then he passed out, Bobby caught him,
" Balls." I ran to him and helped him get Cas to the couch. We gotta get Cas up and running again or we're screwed... more importantly, my brothers will be stuck in the Wild West!
———
Cas sat up,
Bobby said" Cas. You look like you went 12 rounds with Truckasaurus. What happened?"
Cas said" I was, um... I was betrayed. Rachel, uh... Raphael. He corrupted her. She turned on me."
" Sorry. Girl's a real peach."
" She's dead. I was wounded. I need safety. Thank you." He tried to get up, but fell to the couch, groaning.
" Hey, hey, hey. What's with the fancy finger-painting?"
" It's a warding symbol against angels."
" How bad does it hurt?"
" I'll heal."
" Well, good. 'Cause we get less than an hour before you pick up the kids at Frontierland."
" I can't." What? I looked at him then to Bobby,
" Come again?"
" This fight... drained me."
" Well, if you're up on blocks... then call in another halo who can get the job done."
" I can't."
" Well, there's gotta be something that can juice you up. A spell, something."
" There is one thing that might work... but it's extremely dangerous."
" Shocker. So lay it on me."
" It's your soul."
" What do you want me to do? Make another deal? Seal it with a kiss?"
" I need you to let me touch it."
" Touch it?"
" The human soul, it's pure energy. If I can siphon some of that off, I might be able to bring Sam and Dean back."
I said" And the catch is?"
" Doing this is like putting your hand in a nuclear reactor. I have to do it very gingerly."
Bobby said" Or?"
" Or you'll explode." I looked at Bobby, gulping, no... this, this is bad.
" Wow. Keep both hands on the wheel. Let's do this."

We're down to two minute,
Cas said" You sure?"
Bobby said" Well, we can't just strand those idjits... in Deadwood, can we?"
" The risks."
" Just don't explode me." Cas stuck his hand into Bobby's chest, I squeezed my eyes shut.

Then Sam and Dean were back... with no ash, no, it didn't work.
We don't know what to do, I was sitting on the stairs.
Dean said" You gotta send us back."
Sam said" Dean, look at him. He's fried."
Cas said" I never wanna do that again."
Dean said" Bobby, you-"
Bobby said" I'm still kicking, Annie Oakley. Be back good as new in a decade or two."
" And we screwed the pooch. Bobby, I'm sorry." There was a knock at the door, Sam walked to the door.
I heard a man say" Is there a Sam Winchester here?"
Sam said" Who's asking?"
" Look, this is nuts. Me and a couple guys made a bet. So this thing's been laying around the office since... ever. Uh, with a note on it saying to bring it here today. It's from a Samuel Colt."
" Yeah. Yeah, yeah, that's mine. Great. Thanks." He grabbed the box and closed the door, I walked to Bobby's desk as Sam came in. He put the box down then opened it, he slid open the box and pulled out his phone. Then a note," Dear Sam, I got this address and date off your thingamajig... and I thought the enclosed might come in handy. Regards, Samuel Colt." He pulled out a bottle of ash,
Bobby said" Is that what I think it is?"
Dean said" Ashes of a phoenix. You know what this means?"
" Yeah. I didn't get a soulonoscopy for nothing."
" Yes. And... means we take the fight to her." He put the cowboy hat back on, I rolled my eyes then flung it off his head, Sam snickered. Dean scoffed then held out his hand, I sighed then stared at the hat, it went onto Dean's hand.