Chapter 10

Sam said" You want Anna? Why?"
Uriel said" Out of the way."
Dean said" Whoa, whoa, whoa. Okay, I know she's wiretapping your angel chats or whatever, but it's no reason to gank her."
" Don't worry. I'll kill her gentle."
" You're some heartless sons of bitches, you know that?"
Cas said" As a matter of fact, we are. And?"
Sam said" And Anna's an innocent girl."
" She is far from innocent."
" What's that supposed to mean?"
Uriel said" It means she's worse than this abomination you've been screwing. Now give us the girl."
Dean said" Sorry. Get yourself another one. Try JDate."
" Who's gonna stop us? You two? Or this demon whore?" He grabbed Ruby and flung her into the wall, then pulled her up, Dean hit him. Then Uriel started punching Dean, the ground shook as I glared at Uriel," I've been waiting for this." Uriel's fist froze, he looked at me, I was breathing heavily, am I the one making his fist stop?
Sam said" Cas, stop... please." Then there was thunder and they were flung away, far away.
Dean said" What the..." I looked at him, he got up, and pulled Ruby up," Come on." Sam woke up, I fell," Anna. Anna!" Sam lifted me up, wiping under my nose, he looked at my blood then wiped it on his jeans. I laid my head on his shoulder, I don't feel good,
Annie said" I sent them away. Far away."
" You want to tell me how?"
" That just popped in my head. I don't know how I did it. I just did it."

Dean said" What do you think?" Sam closed the door,
Sam said" I think Anna's getting more interesting by the second."
" Yeah, I agree. And what did they mean by she's not innocent?"
" It seems like they want her bad, and not just 'cause of the angel radio thing. I mean, that blood spell- some serious crap, man."
" Something's going on with her. See what you can find out."
" What are you gonna do?"
" Anna may have sent the angels to the outfield, but, sooner or later, they're gonna be back. We got to get ourselves safe now."
——
We were at Bobby's, he was gone, I heard Sam pull up, I ran to the door and opened it. He walked in,
He said" Hey, Dean!" Dean walked up from the basement,
Dean said" How's the car?"
" I got her. She's fine. Where's Bobby?"
" Uh, the Dominican. He said we break anything, we buy it."
" Is he working a job?"
" God, I hope so. Otherwise, he's at hedonism in a banana hammock and a trucker cap." I giggled,
" Now that's seared in my brain."
" What did you find on Anna?"
" Uh, not much. Her parents were Rich and Amy Milton- A church deacon and a housewife."
" Riveting."
" Yeah. Uh, but there is something here in the report. Turns out this latest psych episode wasn't her first."
" No?"
" When she was 2 1/2, she'd get hysterical any time her dad got close. She was convinced that he wasn't her real daddy."
" Who was? The plumber, hmm? A little snake in the pipes?" I tilted my head,
" Dude, you're confusing reality with porn again. Look, Anna didn't say. She just kept repeating that this real father of hers was mad. Very mad- like wanted to kill her mad."
" Kind of heavy for a 2 year old."
" Well, she saw a kid's shrink, got better, and grew up normal."
" Until now. So, what's she hiding?"
Anna said" Why don't you just ask me to my face?" We turned and saw her and Ruby,
" Nice job watching her."
Ruby said" I'm watching her."
Sam said" No, you're right, Anna. Is there anything you want to tell us?"
Anna said" About what?"
" The angels said you were guilty of something. Why would they say that?"
" You tell me. Tell me why my life has been leveled... why my parents are dead. I don't know. I swear. I would give anything to know."
" Okay. Then let's find out."
" How?"

Dean went to get Pamela, I was sitting on the stairs to the basement,
Ruby said" You know, he stopped the angel from punching Dean."
Sam said" River?"
" Guess your baby brother isn't so sweet." I tilted my head, then yawned,
" He'll hear you." Then I couldn't hear them anymore,
" What?!"
" Shh!" My head dropped onto my arm, then I heard walking, I was lifted up, I whined," Just me, bud." He walked up the stairs, I was laid on the couch," Try and get some sleep, okay? You're exhausted, I can see it."
I mumbled" I'm okay." I sat up, sitting criss-cross,
" Just try, okay? For me." I huffed but laid down, closing my eyes," Thanks. Get some sleep." He kissed my head then walked away, I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling, till I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.
——
I slept through a lot, I was really, really sleepy, I don't know why but I just... couldn't wake up. Anna's an angel! But why would angels want to kill her if she's one of them?
Anna said" Don't be afraid. I'm not like the others."
Ruby said" I don't find that very reassuring."
Pamela said" Neither do I."
Anna said" So... Castiel, Uriel- they're the ones that came for me?" Dean nodded,
Sam said" You know them?"
" We were kind of in the same foxhole."
Dean said" So, what, they're like your bosses or something?"
" Try the other way around."
" Look at you."
Pamela said" But now they want to kill you?"
Anna said" Orders are orders. I'm sure I have a death sentence on my head."
" Why?"
" I disobeyed... which, for us, is about the worst thing you can do. I fell."
Dean said" Meaning?"
Pamela said" She fell to earth, became human."
Sam said" Wait a minute. I don't understand. So, angels can just become human?"
Anna said" It kind of hurts. Try cutting your kidney out with a butter knife. That kind of hurt. I ripped out my grace."
Dean said" Come again?"
" My grace. It's... energy. Hacked it out and fell. My mother, Amy, couldn't get pregnant. Always called me her little miracle. She had no idea how right she was."
" So, you just forgot that you were god's little power ranger?"
" The older I got, the longer I was human, yeah."
Ruby said" I don't think you all appreciate how completely screwed we are."
" Ruby's right. Heaven wants me dead."
" And hell just wants her. A flesh and blood angel that you can question, torture, that bleeds. Sister, you're the Stanley cup. And sooner or later, heaven or hell, they're gonna find ya."
" I know. And that's why I'm gonna get it back."
Sam said" What?"
" My grace."
Dean said" You can do that?"
" If I can find it."
" So, what, you're just gonna take some divine bong hit, and, shazam, you're Roma Downey?"
" Something like that."
" All right. I like this plan. So, where's this grace of yours?"
" Lost track. I was falling about 10,000 miles per hour at the time."
Sam said" Wait. You mean falling, like, literally?"
" Yes."
" Like the way a human eye can see? Like a comet maybe or a meteor?"
" Why do you ask?"