chapter 35

As we drive away from the airport Niall rests one of his hands on my thigh. I look over at him and he has a huge grin on his face.

"I know something you don't know," Niall sings.

"What is it?" I smile at him, but he shakes his head. "Please tell me Niall!"

"What will I get if I tell you?" Niall wiggles his eyebrows at me.

"Someone is a little frisky today."

"While my family was here I could barely look at you without getting yelled at." Niall glances at me and I laugh.

"Maybe that's because you look at me so lustfully."

"Lustfully? Is that even a word?" Niall laughs at me.

"I don't know, but it doesn't matter. You know that I won't do anything-" Niall cuts me off.

"Until your contract is voided. Blah blah blah." Niall tries to mimic me. "Good news babe, John is on his way to the house right now."

"Are you serious? Please tell me that you are not joking!" I look at Niall to see if he is lying.

"One hundred percent truth. Should you or I tell Melanie that she is moving out?" Niall looks at me and I squeal.

"Niall I'm so happy that I could kiss you!"

"Nobody is stopping you," Niall grins.

I lean over and give him a kiss on the cheek.

---

As soon as Niall parks the car in the garage I hop out. I am so excited to tell Melanie to hit the road. I eagerly walk to the door, but before I can open it Niall has turned me around and pinned me to the wall.

"I know you hate Melanie, but please be a little nice. She isn't that bad of a person." I laugh as soon as Niall stops talking.

"You are joking, right? Niall, that girl has been terrible to me since the day I met her. I'm not going to be a little nice. Are you seriously talking about Melanie when you have me pinned to the wall? There are so many other things we could be doing right now." I lean into him and kiss him. The kiss only last a couple seconds before he pulls away.

"One of the many things I like about you is your kindness. Remember that Melanie is in love with me. She is going to be heartbroken." Niall looks into my eyes.

"Ugggh, fine. I will be a little nice." Niall leans in to kiss me again, but I wiggle out of his grip.

We walk into the house and Niall follows close behind me as I walk to Melanie and Amy's room. The door is open so I walk right in. They are unpacking their bags from their visits with their families. I clear my throat to get their attention and Melanie glares at me.

"I wouldn't unpack your bags so fast." I smile and Niall nudges me with his elbow. "I'm sorry to say, but there is no longer room for you two in this house."

"What are you talking about shrimp?" Melanie glares at me.

"I mean that you can't live here any longer." Melanie's eyes get a glimpse of sadness, but I don't feel bad.

"Niall you said we could still live here. Where are we suppose to go?" Melanie whines to Niall.

"I'm sorry, but things change. It will be better this way. You have the next two days to move out." Niall looks down.

Is he actually sad about this? Niall looks up at Melanie one more time and it is enough for me to leave the room. As I walk away I hear Niall right behind me. I smile that he didn't stay in there. I turn to go into the kitchen, but Niall grabs my hand and pulls me towards his office. I quietly follow him and I'm pleasantly surprised when I see John, Niall's attorney, sitting at Niall's desk.