chapter 37

Niall P.O.V

"Niall we have to talk. There is something about my life that I haven't told you." She sounds so nervous.

"Okay. Let's take a seat." I go over and sit on a bench.

I tap the spot next to me and she leaves some space between us when she sits. This makes me nervous. I don't know what she is about to say and I hate this feeling of not being in control.

She starts talking about her life before we met and then she tells me that she never cheated on Chad. As Charlotte talks to me, my mind starts to race. I want her to stop talking, but I want an explanation at the same time. Charlotte is the first girl that I have let into my life in a long time and it bites me in the arse. I need to get out of here. I need to get away from this house and away from Charlotte. As she talks about forgiving me I know that I have heard enough. I take a deep breath once I leave the gym.

"Why are you tell me now?" Why do I keep talking? I just need to leave.

"I have been wanting to tell you for awhile, but Harry gave me the final push to tell you," Charlotte quickly says.

"Harry knew and he didn't tell me?" I can't hear anymore of this. I turn to walk away.

As I pass the front door some overweight man is staring at Charlotte and I. I want to yell at him, but he is changing the locks and that needs to be done so I let him be. Beth and Harry come walking into the hallway and I brush past Harry and go into my room. Charlotte runs after me, but I ignore her as I grab my wallet. As I head to the garage, Charlotte calls out to me. It's killing me to not turn and go to her, but I can't. She lied to me and planned on hurting me. I grab the keys to my range rover and drive away as fast as I can.

Where should I go? What should I do? I drive without much thought and before I know it I'm infront of Liam's house. I take a deep breath and get out of the car. As I walk up to the front door I hesitate. What if everyone knew the truth? What if everyone knew that Charlotte had been cheated on and knew her plan? I turn to walk away, but I hear the door open.

"Niall?"

"Hey Liam." I turn around slowly.

"What's up?" Liam asks as he gives me a confused look.

"I, uh, nevermind." I look down sheepishly.

"This must be serious. You only come to me if the problem is too big. Come on in and let's talk."

Liam walks back into his house and I slowly follow him inside. I don't really want to talk about my feelings and all that lame stuff, but I want to know if Liam knew. We walk into his man cave. He calls it an office, but it has a huge flat screen tv and 3 different game consoles.

"Where is Cheryl today?" I ask as I take a seat.

"Her and Bear are at a mommy and me yoga class. They will be back in an hour or so," Liam smiles.

There is a small part of me that is jealous of Liam. He found the love of his life early and they have been extremely happy. They usually get along and hardly fight.

"Niall, what's going on? You seem down." Liam looks at me concerned.

"Did you know that Charlotte's ex-boyfriend had cheated on her?" As I say this I watch Liam's expression.

"Wow, no I didn't. That's crazy." Liam genuinely seems suprised. "You thought she had cheated, but she didn't. That's great news! She is the perfect girl for you! Loyal, kind, smart and beautiful."

"She is not quite as nice as we thought." I hate how much what Charlotte did hurts. I let myself become weak. Just a month ago I wouldn't have cared.