Chapter 39 part 2

A/N
This is Louis and Eleanor's proposal. It will be a nice little break from the drama haha. It's not very long, but if you don't want to read it, I understand.

---
Louis P.O.V

"Hold on tight El!" I yell over the dirt bike engine.

Her arms wrap around my waist and hold me tight. I can't believe this girl is going to be all mine for the rest of my life. She has no clue what is going to happen tonight. She has been dropping hints about marriage since our trip to New York with Charlotte and Niall. I have had way too much fun pretending to be oblivious to every hint she made. Eleanor is just so sweet that she would never call me out on it.

"Louis, where are we going?" Eleanor tries to yell.

"Just wait!" She will know when she sees it.

I look around realize that I'm going the wrong way. Ha whoops! Good thing Eleanor doesn't know I'm kind of lost. She would tease me for the rest of time. I turn my head to the left and see the tree I'm looking for. I turn the dirt bike to the left and it makes Eleanor hold me tighter.

When we pull up to the tree I hear Eleanor gasp. I get off the bike and hold a hand out for her to help her off.

"What is this Louis?" She eyes me carefully.

"I thought we could have a picnic." I smile at her. I pull out the matches and light the candles that line the blanket. Eleanor stands there and smiles. I can tell that she didn't expect any of this. "El, come sit down and relax. I will grab the food."

"Where is the food at?" She asks while looking around the ground. I point up and when Eleanor sees the picnic basket hanging from a rope that is tied to the tree she laughs. "You think of everything."

Thankfully Harry tied the basket low enough that I can grab it without looking like a fool. I grab the basket and walk over to Eleanor. I start pulling out the food. I glance at Eleanor and she is smiling.

"If you keep smiling your face is going to hurt." Eleanor laughs at my joke.

"I don't care. I am so happy that you are my boyfriend. I love you."

"I love you." I lean over and give her a quick kiss. "Now, I brought all of your favorite foods. Obviously I didn't make them, because I wanted them to taste good."

We dish up our food and sit and talk. I keep making jokes and Eleanor keeps laughing. All too soon my phone is ringing. I don't want to answer it, but I remember that it's Niall.

"Sorry El. This will only take a second." I answer my phone and say, "hello." I try to look concerned and Eleanor just watches me. "Yes I will be right there." I hang up my phone and smile at Eleanor. "I need to run to the hospital real quick. You can come with me."

Eleanor shoulders slump a little bit, but she agrees to come with me. I feel bad that she thinks our date is being ruined, but this will make the proposal even better.

The ride back to the house is quick and Eleanor is quiet while we get in my car. I can't say anything or even look at her. I'm about to give away the surprise. I am fighting back a smile.

"Louis, why are tapping the steering wheel like that? Are you nervous?" Eleanor stares at my hand.

"Oh," I didn't even realize I was doing it. "I just have to go to the bathroom and it is distracting me. I will stop though."

"We should go see some waterfalls this summer, maybe in Hawaii. All that water just falling and looking beautiful." I smile at what she is doing.

"Don't talk about water!" I really don't have to go to the bathroom, but I need to pretend like I do.