Chapter 18

^^^ I miss Louis and Zayn being best friends.

-------

Niall P.O.V

This week has dragged on. Charlotte and I are getting along better, but she still isn't comfortable with me flirting with her like I use to. I can't blame her though. She walked in at the wrong part of my conversation with Liam. I can't explain or justify it. I want what I want and nothing is going to change that.

"Oh Niall. Hey, is Charlotte ready?" I'm pulled from my thoughts when I look up to see Zayn standing in my living room. I am then reminded that Charlotte is going with Zayn to a party tonight.

"I think she is still doing her hair or something. I will go check." I get up from my chair and leave Zayn alone to envy my house.

I walk into the bathroom to find Charlotte dressed in a way I have never seen before. She looks very proper and wealthy, but still sexy. Her shoes look like they make her six inches taller.

"Zayn is here." Charlotte looks at me and smiles.

"Please be nice to him. This isn't a date and my parents will be there. Tell him I will be ready in five minutes." She goes back to looking in the mirror. I hate that she knows that I'm jealous.

I decide to be bold and grab her arm and spin her to face me. Before she can say anything I kiss her. I make it short so she can't reject me. When I pull away she looks at me confused, but I just walk away. She looks beautiful and it bothers me that she is going out with Zayn and not me. I have to remind myself that I'm taking her to New York next week. New York will be way better than some party with her parents.

"She said she will be out in five minutes." I tell Zayn once I get back to the living room. I figure that I should take this time to tell him what will and won't happen tonight. "If Charlotte comes home upset tonight I will kill you. If you kiss her or touch her I will kill you. Actually if you do anything tonight that pisses me off, I will kill you."

"Wow you aren't you the jealous type. You weren't like that in college." Zayn smirks knowing why I am the way that I am.

Louis, Harry, and Liam walk in before I can say anything to Zayn.

"Why are you here? Please tell me he isn't moving in." Liam says sounding worried.

"Definitely not," Harry mumbles.

"Are you guys still mad that I left the fraternity back in college? We were in medical school. I couldn't focus living there." Zayn tries to justify his actions, but none of us seem to care.

"You say left, but we say quit and let us down." Louis snaps at Zayn.

"What did I just walk in on? How long have you guys known each other?" Charlotte interrupts us, which is probably a good thing.

"I will explain later. Let's go." Zayn reaches for Charlotte's hand, but she rejects him. I would be lying if I said that it didn't make me happy to see.

"Bye guys." Charlotte smiles and waves goodbye to us.

Once the door shuts the rest of us look at each other and head to the theater room.

------

Charlotte P.O.V

Zayn and I are heading to the party and neither of us have spoken. Zayn seems nervous about the party. I don't want to think about seeing my parents, so I start talking.

"What happened back there? What were you guys talking about?" I'm pretty interested in what happened between all of them.

"Do you remember when I started med school and I wanted to join a fraternity since I didn't get to experience the first four years of college?" I nod yes so he will continue. "The fraternity I almost joined was their frat house. They had been there for almost eight years. They were pumped I was there. I had fun, but couldn't focus so I left. They all see it as some form of betrayal. They were all about to graduate and Niall didn't even live at the frat house."