Chapter 28

Charlotte P.O.V

"Hey Niall I got a text from Cheryl asking if we wanted to go to dinner and a musical with them. What do think?" It's been a couple days since I saw Niall in his office with Melanie and Amy, but nothing has changed. Niall is a little grumpier towards Harry, which doesn't explain anything. It's strange, because Niall has no reason to be grumpy. I have tried getting Niall to be nicer, but that only makes him mad at me so I stopped.

"I guess we can if you want. What musical? Liam is so weird when he is with Cheryl and Cheryl is very dull. I will be drinking a lot at dinner." Niall says sounding grumpy.

"Niall be nice! The Yale drama club is putting on a production of Fiddler on the Roof. That is my favorite musical. What's yours?" I am still trying to learn everything about Niall, but he has become closed off again.

"I don't know. I don't really like musicals." Niall shrugs at me.

We are currently in his bedroom. He is laying down and I'm sitting on the floor reading some magazine article about skincare. I look over at Niall and he has his eyes closed and both arms resting above his head. I quietly stand up and walk over to him. Niall takes a deep breath, but I jump on him. He jumps a little bit, but sits up and wraps his arms around me. I smile at him and he smiles back, but his smile doesn't reach his eyes like it usually does. I push him so he is laying on his back again. I then swing one leg over his body so I'm straddling him.

"What are you doing Charlotte?" Niall looks up at me and I see the hope in his eyes.

"Trying to make you happy." I bend down and start kissing him. I thought he would be eager to kiss me, but he doesn't put much effort into the kiss. "Whats wrong?" I mumble against his lips. Maybe he is grumpy, because nothing sexually has happened between us for a couple weeks.

"Nothing. I just don't feel like making out." Niall looks away from me and I know that there is something else going on.

"You have been like this since I went to work with you. What has gotten into you? You always want to make out." I stare deep into his eyes. Begging for him to open up to me.

"When did you and Harry get so close? I thought Louis was your bff." Of course this has something to do with another guy. If it isn't Zayn then its Harry.

"Beth is my bff." I try not to sound annoyed, but I think I failed.

"I'm pretty sure if Beth was your best friend then you would have apologized already." Niall sits up and glares at the wall.

"How did you know about our fight?" Niall sighs and I wish I could take that question back.

"Well, Beth and I thought that since you and Harry are so close then we should be close too." Niall smirks and it worries me.

"You two didn't sleep together or anything, did you?" I hesitantly ask.

"Have you and Harry?"

"No Niall. We are just friends. He likes Beth so much. I'm pretty sure its love, but he says its too soon for that."

"Do you want to?" What? Why would Niall think that?

"What has gotten into you? I don't want to kiss anyone, but you." I'm getting real tired of Niall's jealously. I know that part of the time I try to make him jealous, but right now it is silly.

"You guys are always whispering and alone together. He was the only one who could help you at the hospital." Niall looks down and I understand why he is upset.

"I was blaming you for everything at the hospital and everything you were saying was only making me more upset. I took all of my frustrations out on you, which isn't fair at all. That's one of my many faults. When you are in a relationship with me, you become my punching bag. I'm sorry." I rest my hand on Niall's shoulder and he finally looks up at me.

Different From The Rest (Niall Horan AU mature)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें