Chapter 20

I hear my alarm going off and I'm so tired. I don't know why Niall wants to leave at five in the morning. He hates mornings, but he always wakes up so early. I roll out of bed and turn off my alarm, so Whitney doesn't wake up. I stumble to the bathroom to start getting ready. I don't know what Niall's plan is for today, so I decide on making myself look nice. Even though we will be in the car for a couple hours Niall might not want to go straight to the hotel.

I'm so tired that it is taking me forever to get ready. I hear a knock on the door and assume it's Niall telling me to hurry. I open the door to find Melanie glaring at me. She was enraged when she found out I was going to New York with Niall. The way she is looking at me now is freaking me out.

"I need to go to the bathroom." She looks at me like I should have known.

"Oh sorry. I will get out of your way." I grab my makeup bag to put in my suitcase. I will finish curling my hair when Melanie is done.

I left my suitcase by Niall's door last night, but I can't seem to find it this morning. I open Niall's door a crack to see if it is in his room, but it isn't. I look around the hallway and it isn't there. I go to the kitchen to see if Niall put it there. When I walk into the kitchen I see Niall sitting at the counter eating.

"I can't find my suitcase. I need to put my make up in there." I'm a little worried that Melanie took it.

"I put it in the car already. You are taking forever, so I got everything ready to go, so when you finish we can leave." Niall takes another bite of his cereal.

"I would be done, but Melanie had to go to the bathroom. I just need five more minutes and then I will be ready." Niall nods his head at me. "How is your hand today?"

"It's fine. A little bruised, but good." Niall shrugs like it's no big deal.

"I still think it's stupid that you punched that guy. He could press charges and you could have really hurt your hand." I look at Niall with a stern face, but start talking again when I see his facial expression. "Quit rolling your eyes. You could have gotten hurt. " I walk over and smack the back of his head.

He smirks at me and I decide Melanie should be done by now, so I walk back to the bathroom.

-------

Niall P.O.V

I keep eating my cereal as Charlotte walks away. I'm trying really hard not to get upset with how long she is taking. Since that party with Zayn, she has been different. She tries to hide it, but we can all see through it. She won't talk about what happened. Zayn hasn't worked, so I can't ask him. I look down at my hand that is a little bruised from the guy I punched last night. Charlotte just hasn't had the best time recently. I hope the trip to New York will be fun for her. I only have to work for a couple hours on Thursday, so the rest of time we will hang out and explore.

"Are you kidding me? Melanie you are completely insane." Charlotte starts yelling and I know this can't be good.

I stand up and grab different fruit and some granola bars for Charlotte to eat for breakfast. Now that her and Melanie are fighting we will have to get out of here quick.

I hurry and go to their bathroom to see what's going on. I walk in to find Melanie holding scissors and Charlotte holding her curling iron with a cord that has been cut a dozen times. Charlotte and Melanie ignore me while they glare at each other.

"Your stupid hair will look like shit no matter what you do." Melanie taunts Charlotte. Melanie know that Charlotte won't be mean, but I'm kind of hoping Charlotte will be.

"At least my hair looks washed unlike your face." Charlotte barks back. I look at Melanie and she looks so mad.

"Niall seems to like how my face looks. I can't say the same for you. I don't think any guy likes how you look." Melanie says while letting a smile spread across her face.