Turning the Tables [Shoto Tod...

By AsheDragon_Warrior

PLEASE NOTE! This is the SECOND part of this story. The overview is copy-pasted below. ~ If she had the chanc... More

Hello Again!
Chapter 66: Is he toying with me?
Chapter 68: Why bother?
(⚠️) Chapter 69: Don't do it! (⚠️)
Chapter 70: Who ordered pizza?
Chapter 71: You paved the way
Chapter 72: Blink
Chapter 73: Why bother...
Chapter 74: It terrified me
Chapter 75: I wasn't active
Chapter 76: Kikai-chan!
Chapter 77: You're a good person
Chapter 78: Villainous!
Chapter 79: The answer is no
Chapter 80: Let's talk about yours
Chapter 81: Mr. Aizawa?
QnA - Part 2!
Chapter 83: Dress like what?
Chapter 84: It's nice to be back together again...
Chapter 85: The Room King
Chapter 86: It's not that interesting...
Chapter 87: Ultimate moves...?
Chapter 88: What is going on?
Chapter 89: It's my hobby so...
Chapter 90: Love???
Chapter 91: Thank you for shopping here!
Chapter 92: This is embarrassing
Chapter 93: I don't like this...
Chapter 94: A hundred slots
Chapter 95: Someone's quirk-
Chapter 96: Full of warmth!
Chapter 97: Minus points!
Chapter 98: Do something...!
Chapter 99: ...didn't pass?
Just an update :')
Chapter 100: We need to talk
Chapter 101: You first
Chapter 102: That's not very healthy
Chapter 103: ...are you serious?
Chapter 104: How peculiar...
A Rant
Birthday Special
A/N
Objective Completed!
Writing Prompts!
July 1st
Long time no see?
Chapter 106: A sneaking suspicion

Chapter 82: Let us begin then!

3K 150 166
By AsheDragon_Warrior

Before this chapter starts, a quick shoutout to fridbjorglilja123! They're new to writing, to check out their stories and give them a little love, constructive criticism, and some positive comments!

(If you're following me and want a shoutout for you and your story, just reply to my thank you on your message board!)

'Meet up at her house.'

That's what Yaoyorozu suggested we do.

So here I found myself, in front of the huge gates of her house, with all the papers she had listed.

It had been exhausting to say the least.

Since I wasn't allowed near the house, I had to request for a couple police officers to go ahead and scour the house to try and find these stupid pieces of paper.

I pressed the call button next to the gates. "Erm... h-hello?"

"(L/N)! Come in, come in! I've got some tea waiting for you."

The intricate wrought iron gates swung open smoothly, and —feeling somewhat out of place— I walked up to the huge mansion.

The huge, carved double doors were flung open, inches from hitting my face, and Yaoyorozu excitedly ushered me in.

I frowned, giving her an odd look.

"O-oh. My apologies for my haste. I hope I'm not being over-enthusiastic? I don't usually have the opportunity to talk finances with anyone."

"Ah... I see."

Suddenly feeling rather awkward, I tilted my head, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. Uh..." I took a sweeping glance around the room, spotting multiple doors. "Where are we going?"

"Right! Right. We usually use the hall when entertaining guests, but seeing as it's simply the two of us... I thought we could go up to my room to discuss matters?"

"Alright then... lead the way."

~

A couple twists and turns through gorgeously decorated hallways and one trip up a grand staircase later... and I found myself entering a huge, extravagant bedroom.

As I glanced around, all I could think about was how many meals a person could get out of this.

She sat down at a small table, and I followed suit, sitting across from her.

"Have you brought all the papers?"

I nodded, pulling the sheets out of my bag. "All of them. It was a little hard to find them all."

"Let us begin then! Our tea will arrive shortly."

~

I flopped backward onto the plush carpeted floor, feeling drained.

"Sorry, (L/N). Just a couple more calls, alright? We're almost done."

I glanced out a window.

It was getting dark.

After a moment of contemplation, I stood up, and made my way over to the light switch at the side of the door.

After I had flicked it on, I closed the curtains one by one.

Sitting back down, Yaoyorozu flashed me a grateful smile while letting out an "mhm" into the phone.

"Perfect! Yes, yes. Of course."

As she hung up, I raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

"I can finalize everything for you tomorrow."

"Thank you, Yaoyorozu."

She smiled. "It was my pleasure to help a friend."

I tensed.

Her eyebrows drew together. "(L/N)? We... we are friends, right?"

"Sorry... I'm still not completely used to the concept, but yes. I think we are."

Her smile reappeared.

"You should probably stay the night. It's too late for you to head home. I can have a guest bedroom prepared for you?"

"Well, I—" My voice came out as barely a whisper.

"Ooh, and I could let you borrow a pair of my pyjamas! We can't let you sleep in those..."

She was getting excited, but slowed as she saw my expression. "Don't worry, I'll make sure your clothes get cleaned!"

She had lit up at the idea of me staying over, and I couldn't find it in myself to refuse her.

"Okay."

She beamed.

~

And so I found myself wearing a set of (F/C) silk pyjamas, sitting cross-legged on Yaoyorozu's floor.

A cup of decaf tea was balanced on its saucer in my hands.

They really like their tea here, huh? Too bad Chai isn't here...

The tension in the air was a palpable thing as we sipped the steaming hot liquid.

"I heard th—"

"Do you—"

I broke off, and so did she.

"S-sorry, you go first," I said sheepishly.

"O-oh. Alright. Thank you, (L/N)..."

She paused, but it seemed to drag on as she collected her thoughts.

"I realized rather quickly... that Todoroki wasn't talking to me because he liked me."

Surprise shot through me.

"It was only logical —considering how he made a point to ignore you— that something had happened. And... and I must admit, I felt a little crushed... He's just— just so... great."

I could tell that she was struggling to find the words.

"Take your time."

She smiled weakly.

"He's smart... and cute... and hot... and never purposely mean. I just could help but find myself seeing him as a little more than a friend. And when he told me that I was pretty... well, I..."

She trailed off, staring into her cup.

"Before you go any farther, maybe I should tell you a bit about our 'disagreement,' since you ended up dragged into it."

"(L/N), you don't—"

"It's only fair. Bakugo... he overheard our conversation in the hot springs, and he confronted me about it."

"That man has no tact." She muttered.

I let out a huff of agreement. "Yeah... though it's never really purposeful."

She raised her eyebrows, but didn't comment.

"He scared me a little—" her face morphed into one of surprise— "and I ended up agreeing to showing him the scar..."

I tugged awkwardly at the sleeves of my borrowed pyjamas.

"I was already in my pyjamas at the time, and I lifted my shirt... and..."

"And that's when Todoroki appeared," she finished for me.

I nodded, fighting the tears welling in my eyes.

"So he thought that you two were...?"

I nodded again.

She placed her tea on the table, before scooting to my side to wrap and arm around my shoulder.

I stiffened at the sudden touch, before relaxing.

"I-I'll try not to get any snot on your expensive pyjamas." I laughed emptily as I used a knuckle to rub away gathering tears.

"(L/N)..."

"I know... I know..." I sighed.

"Give me one moment." She slowly pulled away, walking up to a dresser. After a second of digging through the drawers, she returned, presenting me with a nice embroidered kerchief.

"O-oh... thanks. I'm not sure I can keep a clean conscience getting snot on something this nice either."

That got a small smile out of her. "Just use it, (L/N)."

She pushed it into my hands. "Then we can move onto cheering you up."

This is completely unedited. But I wanted to at least get this out for you guys.

I'm now way beh8nd on my chapters now, but we'll figure that out later.

If you haven't realized it already... Momo isn't a b*tch in this fanfic. I actually love Momo, and (personally) I think that she's too kind for her own good. I fell like someone could easily take advantage of her thoughtfulness.

Lots of bonding time coming up :)

Also, for those who want to try, here: https://buddymeter.com/quiz.html?q=uEd2cre

Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Till next time, bai Marshmalløws!

-Cøcøa-Malløw

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 7.4K 28
(Todoroki Shoto x reader) Y/n is a girl with a bad past. But that doesn't keep her down. She's powerful, friendly and confident...
4.1K 125 15
Y/n L/n is a new student in Class 1a. Things are a bit different from what she imagined though, something is wrong with nearly everyone in the schoo...
59.1K 1.2K 10
Since a few days you felt like someone's watching you. In a cold starry night you were suddenly kidnapped by some newcomer villans. TRIGGER WARNING...
967 2 29
*Book 1 of 2; Complete* *Previously titled "Fire Melts the Ice of Uncertainty" * *She/her* THIS WILL SOON BE REWRITTEN Not everyone in the world...