NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT (BUCKY...

By sssluuutforsebstan

COMPLETED THIS BOOK DOESN'T CONTAIN SMUT, IT'S LABELED MATURE FOR OTHER MATURE THEMES. "I'm Daisy," I said... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
CREDITS
10/15/2021

Chapter 33

3.8K 120 23
By sssluuutforsebstan

TW: None
Word Count: 2100

I stored the design of my potential suit in one of my file cabinets randomly. No one ever goes for the file cabinets. I quickly deleted Tony's suit design from my computer and went back to working on company stuff. I heard a knock at my doorway and I turned to see Tony in it.

"What's up?"

"I got a notification saying that my files were hacked into. Do you know anything about that?"

"I've been working on company stuff," I said innocently. "Maybe it was a false alarm."

"Maybe," he said, drifting off in thought. "What's wrong with your hand?" He asked, noticing that it was wrapped.

"Accidentally punched something hard."

"You punched the metal arm, didn't you?" He asked, sitting down in the chair next to me.

"How'd you know?" I asked, looking at my hand.

"You were being vague about it," he said with a smirk. "How's that thing going?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you and Bucky like a thing?" He asked and I crossed my arms.

"Maybe," I said, shrugging. "You don't need to know."

"I guess you're right," he admitted quietly.

We sat and talked about anything that'd come up for the next hour or so. I was typing something when I heard footsteps coming down the hallway. Tony and I both turned to the door to see who it was.

"Hey," Bucky said, sighing. I discretely removed the bandage from my hand and smiled at him.

"Hey," I said back to him.

"How's the hand?" He asked. I held it up slightly.

"It's fine." I knew if he knew it was hurt, he'd somehow blame it on himself. I saw Tony look at me suspiciously.

"Well I'd better get going." Tony stood up from his chair. I told him bye before he left and Bucky stole his seat back.

"Can I look at it?" He asked holding his right hand out. I sighed before giving him my hand. "It's bruised, maybe we should wrap it just in case."

"I'm sure it'll be fine," I said, taking my hand away and smiling at him. He saw the bandage on the floor and picked it up.

"Let's wrap it," he said before I reluctantly gave him my hand again. "It's funny that it's warm. It's like you had it wrapped and then took it off. Why'd you do it?" I sighed and threw my head to the back of my chair dramatically.

"I didn't want you to worry, I guess," I said. "Can you do it a little tighter?" He pulled on it lightly.

"Better?"

"I need like tighter tighter," I said, sitting back up before trying to take the strip from his hand.

"I can do it, doll," he said, pulling on it.

"That's good," I said before he secured it.

"What have you been working on?"

"Company stuff," I said, motioning to the monitor.

"That's fun," he said, grabbing a paper from my desk. "What's an arc reactor and why are you trying to find a replacement for it?" He asked and I took it from him.

"It's from a company project," I said, getting up. "I stopped working on it though."

"Why?" I shoved the paper in a file cabinet.

"There's just no need for it," I said, sitting back down. "How was your first day back at working out and being a badass?" I asked, laughing.

"You really think I'm a badass?" He joked, smiling. "It was rough. I'm a little rusty, but I'm sure I'll be able to get back to where I was. I don't know if you intentionally did this, but when I punch, I feel like I have more like power."

"Oh yeah," I said with a laugh. "It's because it's lighter. You can move it quicker with still having the same effects because of the extra weight I put in the hand."

"Wow," he said, blinking. "You're so smart," he said, seemingly truly amazed.

"I feel like you're mocking me," I said cautiously, with a laugh.

"Not at all," he said, sitting up in his chair. "Just the way you know that it'd be better for fighting and you're so cute when you explain it. I could go on."

"You're so sweet," I said, blushing lightly. I heard my cellphone start ringing, so I dug through my bag to get it. I read the caller ID. "Shit," I said, reluctantly answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Brooklyn, sweetheart," my mom said and I cringed at the sound of her voice.

"It's not Thanksgiving already, is it?" I asked, moving my chair before setting my forehead on Bucky's chest.

"Of course not," she said with a laugh. I hated that laugh. "Your father and I have been seeing you in the news a lot. We've actually seen a lot more than we wanted to. Don't get me started on those pictures." My eyes widened and I removed my head from him. I didn't know what to say next.

"D-did you like them?" I asked, obviously not thinking, before silently cringing and tensing up.

"Not particularly," she said with exasperation in her voice. "Your father and I are worried about your recent outbursts, so we're coming down to stay this weekend." My eyes lit up.

"You can't do that, I have a roommate now, there's no room," I said smiling.

"Now don't sound too excited about that, dear," she said with a sigh. "Well, we'll still come down for the day tomorrow."

"The day?" I asked, disappointed that she didn't just give up.

"I know you'd want it to be more, dear, but your father and I can't go back and forth all weekend. Maybe we can," she said trailing off at the end.

"No, no it's okay. Tomorrow's perfectly fine."

"Alright. Your father and I will be down tomorrow. Hopefully in the morning, but you know how your father gets. Can't wait to meet your roommate. Hopefully she's not as messy as you."

"Well she's a he, so," I said, quietly, instantly regretting saying it. I heard her gasp and start to yell at me. "Alright it was good to talk to you, I'll see you tomorrow. Love you!" I hung up the phone quickly and looked to Bucky.

"Who was that?"

"No time, I need to go jump off the roof," I said, standing up. He grabbed my left wrist quickly and I looked at him. "It was my mom. Her and my dad are coming to visit tomorrow."

"That's not so bad."

"Because it's horrible," I said, sitting back down. "They're stuck up and terrible. I can't do anything right with them around. They saw the pictures, so they probably think I'm going crazy, which, I don't know. Maybe I am. They rarely ever call and I usually only see them on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Why do they have to do this to me?" I asked, putting my head in my left hand.

"They can't be that bad," he said, rubbing my right arm with his left hand.

"They still call me Brooklyn because it's my god-given name," I said, looking at him. "Oh god, I'm going to have to call you James all day tomorrow because they're going to insist it's what to call you."

"Oh," he said quietly. "Maybe I should stay here all weekend."

"No, please don't do that to me," I said, grabbing his hand. "I'll be dead by Monday."

"Are they really that bad?"

"Yes," I said without hesitation. "To put it in perspective, I only see them on Thanksgiving and Christmas because it's acceptable to have tons of wine. Maybe I'll just get moderately wasted before they show up tomorrow."

"No," he said, kicking my foot lightly. "It could be a lot worse, Dais. They could've called and said that they're moving in."

"You're right," I said, thinking. "But I was planning on surprising you by taking you somewhere tomorrow."

"Oh really?" He asked with a smirk on his face. "We'll have time to do that later."

"Maybe I won't want to later," I said, laughing. I heard a knock at the door and I turned in my chair to see Tony opening the door.

"FRIDAY said you were the one that hacked into the files," he said, crossing his arms.

"Why would I even do that?" I asked, crossing my arms like him. He thought for a moment.

"Maybe to," he trailed off. "I'd say make improvements, but you're not that smart." He laughed and I threw a pen at him.

"Get out of here, Stark," I said, laughing too. "But then again, I'm sure I couldn't even hack into your files. You programmed the security yourself."

"So you admit that I'm smarter?"

"If it makes you feel better," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, are you still good for the gala for Cap's 98th and America's 240th next Saturday?" He asked, seemingly suddenly remembering.

"What gala?" I asked.

"You know, I sent an email," he said, getting quieter. "You know, maybe I forgot to invite you, but it's a thing."

"You're an asshole," I said, laughing.

"Thanks, Dai," he said, uncrossing his arms. "You're invited too, Barnes," he said, addressing Bucky. "Can't have Cap's birthday party without at least two old men."

"Can you invite Jess and Lissa?" I asked, smiling at him.

"If I have to," he said, shrugging. "Give me their names again."

"Well I'll just bring Liss, but I want Jess to be able to bring Kayla. I'll send you their info in a text."

"You're lucky I tolerate you," he said, turning around. "Also," he turned back around. "Impromptu party tomorrow night. Just the few of us."

"God I wish I could go, but my wonderful parents are paying me a visit."

"Is it Thanksgiving already?" He asked, looking towards the calendar on the wall.

"Nope. They're worried about me because of my recent outbursts."

"Good luck with that," he said, laughing. "The party will start at ten though, so you should be able to come."

"Can I invite—"

"Yes," he said, rolling his eyes. "You shouldn't have to ask anymore." He turned around to leave.

"Wait," I said. He turned around. "Can you hand me the pen I threw at you? I was using it." He picked it up and tossed it at me.

"You're the asshole," he said, leaving the lab. I quickly texted Tony Jess's info so I didn't forget.

"So I was thinking," Bucky started. "What if we invite Steve to show up randomly tomorrow? You said your parents were obsessed with him, so maybe if they meet him and know that you're friends, they'll be less mean."

"You're a genius," I said, smiling. I started to text Steve. "I'll tell him to come around noon."

"Sounds perfect," he said with a chuckle.

When we got home later that night, I struggled to make the apartment spotless. I knew that they'd complain about it either way, but the least I could do is try.

"Dais, this is the fourth time you've swept this rug," Bucky said from the couch.

"Because I have to use my left hand, so it's not as effective. Do you even know how hard it is to do stuff with only—" I stopped, realizing how insensitive I was going to sound. "A sports bra and shorts on?" I asked, trying to save the awkwardness.

"No, but I'm thoroughly distracted."

"I'm glad," I said, laughing. He stood up and grabbed the vacuum from me. "What are you doing?" I asked, trying to get it back.

"You're working so hard, go sit down." He put his left arm around my waist and kissed me on the cheek.

"Fine," I said, sitting. I looked around and realized the windows needed cleaned. I stood up and grabbed a cloth and spray from the kitchen. I made my way to the bench and got on it cautiously.

I heard the vacuum shut off before I felt his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me off of the bench. He gave me a few kisses on my cheek.

"Go relax," he said, setting me on the ground. He grabbed the cleaning stuff from me.

"I'm going to go lay down," I said, planting a kiss on his right bicep, only because he was facing away from me and I'm short.

I turned around and went into the kitchen. I grabbed another cloth and different spray and started cleaning the outside of the fridge.

"Daisy," he said loudly, scaring me slightly. "I can see you in the window."

"Of course you can."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 225 23
After Tony and the rest of the avengers had found you laying in a forest with barely any memories of your previous life, you became an avenger yourse...
59.3K 1.2K 33
This is a new version of my Winter Soldiers book, I'm hoping to write this one longer with more detail. (Pretend your right arm is the metal one lol...
200K 5.4K 27
Possible! Peter Parker x Reader ~β€’~ After the Death of your mother, your father has been hiding his emotions behind a shield. Once you find out who w...
251K 7.4K 143
Y/N Rogers got the healthier genes compared to her twin brother, Steve. But they both got an equal amount of stupidness and stubbornness. Due to this...