UMSHADO

By VanRahdBooks

A story about a woman who finds herself in a situation she never expected and it changes her whole life forev... More

CHAPTER 1.
CHAPTER 2.
CHAPTER 3.
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 8
Chapter 9
CHAPTER 10.
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15.
CHAPTER 16.
CHAPTER 17
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 18.
CHAPTER 19.
CHAPTER 20.
CHAPTER 21.
CHAPTER 22.
CHAPTER 23.
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26.
CHAPTER 27.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 27.
CHAPTER 28.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 28.
CHAPTER 29.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 29.
CHAPTER 30.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 32.
CHAPTER 33
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 33.
CHAPTER 34.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 34.
CHAPTER 35.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 35.
CHAPTER 36.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 36.
CHAPTER 37.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 38.
CHAPTER 39.
Continual of Chapter 39.
CHAPTER 40
Continual Of Chapter 40
CHAPTER 41
Continual Of Chapter 41.
Chapter 42
Continual of Chapter 42
CHAPTER 43
Continual Of Chapter 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
Continual Of Chapter 45
CHAPTER 46
Continual Of Chapter 46
CHAPTER 47
Continual Of Chapter 47
CHAPTER 48
Continual of Chapter 48
CHAPTER 49
Continual of Chapter 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
Author's Note.
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 18.

3.4K 176 3
By VanRahdBooks

SOMEWHERE IN DURBAN.

I'm running really late this morning and I was suppose to have opened the shop by now its 6:30 am and we open at 6 am, when we have a function to prepare for but someone was just being difficult and I didn't sleep at all last night God just thinking about it....let me not go there. I park my car outside the shop and see my two best friends and co-workers have arrived. I'm not going to hear the end of me being late again.

Me:" guys sorry I'm late " I unlock the door and we get inside, they don't say anything and I can feel their eyes drilling a whole on the back of my head. I make my way to the small kitchen we have and start preparing for the platters for 40 people we are suppose to deliver for at 10 am at some office where they having a business breakfast meeting and the platters are all different.

Me:" Guys I apologised now...please don't give me the silent treatment " I turn around and look at them and they are just standing there folding their arms.

Karabo:" Ayanda this can't go on anymore " she says and I sigh.

Me:" Not now karabo please....it's still early " I look at both of them

Lilly:" the time is never right with you aya...look at you...you're a mess "

Me:" I know friend " I look down and cover my face beacuse I really feel like crying. I feel their arms hugging me and I hug them back, telling myself I'm not going to cry.

Me:" I know it's hard guys but please don't give up on me because I really need you and can't do this without you. I'll fix it I promise you"

Lilly:" We know you will but I hope really soon ayanda before he fixes you for good " that's what really scares me

Karabo:" But we'll kill him before he kills you and we'll hide his body"

Lilly:" we'll burn him first the chop him to pieces and dump them all around south africa so no one will find him " we all laugh because I know they'll do it and I love them to bits.

Me:" You guys are crazy and I love you just the way you are " we break the hug

Lilly:" why don't you take a cup of coffee and get yourself together then come back "

Me:" Thanks guys I owe you alot...I'll be back " I go to the office we share, make coffee and go through my phone and no messages from him. I say a silent thank you to God that my boyfriend hasn't phoned me....yet. I drink my coffee silently then finsh and join the girls. We prepare everything quickly cause yesterday before we left we had some preparations done so we won't do too much this morning, and by nine am we are done.

Me:"Lets load up guys and deliver." We are excited because the business is only a year old, so getting clients sometimes is not easy as we had hoped but we're hoping that since other business man and business women that will be there where we are going to deliver the platters, they'll enjoy our food and ask for us to cater for their future business functions aswell.

We arrive at the office and a receptionist takes us to the other side of boardroom and we place all the platers and drinks then leave.

ReceptionLady:" Here is the other half of the check and thank you for your services "

Me:" Thank you and please don't forget to recommend our business to other people and also you guys can call us anytime whenever you need us "

ReceptionLady:" we'll do " we shake hands with her and leave.

Karabo:" Done for today....so why don't we go to Mug and Bean and have late breakfast " she suggests and we all agree and drive there and order

Lilli:" It's friday today so any plans guys? " she asks as were eating

Me:" Nope..no going out for me...I need to rest " I tell them

Lilly:" What happend yesterday....how bad was it? "

Me:" Same as always, it wasn't that bad " I lie to my friends and I feel bad

Lilly:" I dont understand why can't you just leave him "

Me:" You know lilly that leaving a guy like tshepo is not easy....he hangs out with gangsters and you know how... how scary he can be " I blink fast so they won't see I'm tearing up.

Karabo:" Eish I know girl, I just wish he showed you that side of him when you first started going out" I wish he did too.

Lilly:" One day he'll meet his match and I'm just surprised that he hasn't broken something in your body yet" I don't say anything because I know for sure he has broken my ribs and he phoned his doctor friend for help and give me something and I hid that from them.

Karabo:" Maybe he'll meet more than his match"

Me:" I curse the day I met him " I really do

Karabo:" he doesn't deserve you, and you my friend one day you'll meet someone who'll be worthy to call you theirs." I place my hand on top of hers

Me:" Yeah right....the day I get out of this situationship I'm not jumping into any relationship, I'm going to stay single for aslong as I want " we all laugh and we continue talking about everything. I don't check my phone because I just want to enjoy being with my friends.

Me:" You know what....we should go out and celebrate, I'ts been a while since we went dancing and I think we should do a sleep over after the club " They squeek and people look at our table and we laugh.

Karabo:" and I know just the place...It's new and they opening it tonight "

Lilly:" hell yes we are and lilly we're sleeping at your place tonight "

Karabo:"so why don't we go and do a little shopping for tonight and tomorrow " we agree then pay the bill and leave but first we go and check shop and tell security of the building that we'll be back on monday and leave.

We go shopping aand I buy a black long loose sleeveless jumpsuit and lilly buys a freakem dress that barely covers her ass and thando cause she's tall she also buys a freakem dress that exposes her long legs. we leave the mall and head to my place and I take all the things I'm going to need for the weekend and leave going to karabo's place so she'll collect her things too and then go to lilly's place where we are going to spend the weekend. We arrive and they get started on the wine that was on lilly's fridge.

Lilly:" You want a glass of wine?"

Me:" still too early, I'm going to nap guys. wake me up at 5 so I can cook before we leave, we can't drink on an empty stomachs "

Karabo: " we are starting the party now "

Me:" alcoholics " we laugh and I leave them and go to thando's spare bedroom. Lilly has a sugar daddy that pays this flat for her and has asked her to stop working because he says he'll take care of her but you know these man they are unpredictable.

My name is Ayanda Sibiya and I'm 27, originally from witbank, both my parents are dead and I was their only child. I lived with my grandmother then she died and then I had to live with my father's brother who took over my parent's house when they passed away. I lived with him and his family until he kicked me out the second year after I finished my matric. I was doing piece jobs by then and I had managed to save some money that I will use to go to durban and start a new life.

I met karabo and lilly when we were all working at kfc. Most of the time we would work the same shifts and so we bonded and became great friends. When I told them that my uncle has given two weeks to get out of his 'house' they were shocked and then I told them that I am leaving Witbank and going to be living in durban and they said they are coming with me because we come from fucked up families and no one will miss us.

With the money we had, we managed to get a place to rent. We struggled to get jobs because we were knew in the big city and didn't know that much of it but we get piece jobs, part-time jobs here and there and sometimes we would go for 3 months jobless and sometimes one of us or both would find jobs. I consider these girls my family and I'll do anything for them that's how tight and close we are.

I later found a job at Jet, karabo got a job at KFC and lilly was working Spur. We moved out of the place we lived at when we first relocated when we found better jobs. I found a job at woolworths later that year and the income was a little bit better cause it made a difference and we went to the CICP to register a catering business.

Then one lucky day we met this lady who was relocating to joburg and asked us if we wanted to rent a flat and we agreed because she knew lilly from work and so we moved to her place and we lived there. lilly met her sugar daddy and he took over and payed the flat 6 months in advance and it was a huge stress reliaver and we we were so ngrateful.

This one time we went to mug and bean and there were some guys sitting behind us they arrived after us. When we finshed eating one of them asked if he could pay for our bill because he said and I quote "Beautiful women like you are suppose to be spoiled dined and pampered so please ladies allow me to pay your bill " and we agreed little did I know what I was getting myself into.

He asked to take me out and he was charming so I agreed and we dated and the first 5 months were good then on our seventh month he showed me his true colours. It's a year now since I've been with him. My friends know that he physically abuses me slaps here and there but they don't know how bad it gets. It sounds easy when someone sasy why don't you just get out and leave him but when someone has a hold on you emotionally...you not going anywhere.

His name is Tshepo and he is 37, he lives at his own place and works for a delivery company, they deliver expensive furniture that is imported by private clients, the company he works for specialises in that. I have my own place that I rent it's not fancy just a one bedroom flat with a kitchennete and siting room as well as the bathroom.

I hear someone calling my name and I can't make out who it is. They shake me roughly this time and I panick and scream
Lilly:" ayanda! ayanda!, It's me....shhhhh don't cry" I feel disoriented, who's crying now?

Me:" Lilly what's wrong why are you crying? " her face is full of tears

Lilly:" you were screaming for him to stop...kicking you...you were screaming in pain aya" oh God she hugs me and cries

Me:" hey I was just having a nightmare...don't cry now " I look around the room and see Karabo standing there looking at me like she wants to kill me and tears are falling down her face.

Me:" karabo....." lilly continues to cry

Karabo:" WHAT AYANDA WHAT?!....we know how bad he hits you okay...we've seen the marks on your back...yes we know...." she's shouting. " you want tshepo to kill you and take you away from us huh.....look at you....you miserable ever since you met that scumbag and you're proctect him "

Me:" what NO!, I'm not protecting him! "

Karabo:" yes you are!, everytime we ask you if he hits you or what's really going on...you lie! lie! and lie!. Why ayanda why!? " I've never seen her this angry

Me:" You don't understand " I say tears rolling down my face

Karabo:" Then make me...make us understand please aya " I look at my friends no my sisters and see what I have done to them by bringing this man into our lives and it breaks my heart knowing that I hurt them by keeping things from him.

Me:" he has anger issues and he takes them out on me. I don't say anything because I know it's going to hurt you guys more than it does me and I don't want that for you."

Lilly:"but you want it for yourself...right?"

Me:" No " I cry

Karabo:" well I'm not going to lose a sister and one of my best friends, I'll be damned if that happens "

Me:" you're not going to lose me guys " I'm nor sure about that

Karabo:" we already have. You're not happy aya, the laughs and smiles you share with us don't reach your beautiful eyes...you are always tense and panick whenever he phones you" she breathes out deeply, wipes her eyes and gets on the bed with us and we hold hands

Lilly:" you have to choose aya. It's either your life and us or him."

Me:" It's you guys always " I tell them.

Karabo:" then break up with him and we'll even come with you so you won't be alone and won't be able to convince you otherwise "

Me: "I will, on monday I'll call him to come at lilly's place, I promise " I know its the right thing to do and I'm going to do it. I'm tired of livin my life in fear.

Me:" I love you guys and thank you for being here " we hug

Them:" we love you too "

Karabo:" uhm is this te part where we are suppose to kiss and fuck each other? "

Me:" eeewwwww " I say we all laugh our asses off

Me:" let me go cook so we can eat before we hit the club "

Lilly:" already did...it's seven pm now and you needed the rest " God I'm blessed to have these girls in my life.

Me:" Thanks guys lets go eat and get ready " we leave the the bedroom and eat steak, gravy and pap...hey don't judge us, we love our pap.

Karabo and lilly take the bathroom first and I'm the last one, so by the time I get out of the bath, they almost halfway done and I start getting ready dressing up and do my make up. I hear my phone beep and I know it's tshepo and for a minute I panick. I look at it see 3 missed calls from him and I delete them and the message before I even read it because I know it's nothing good.

Karabo:" Aya come out!, we gonna find the club full if we don't leave now" she can be impatient sometimes.

Me:" Coming I'm almost done" I finish dressing up, wearing my wedge sandals with my jumpsuit and then I take my purse and see if all I'm going to need is inside it then leave.

Lilly:" I wish you'd wear tight clothes you know....you have a great body aya like damn....not that loose thing you wearing"

Me:"Stop it, I love what I'm wearing and I feel comfortable"

Lilly:" But...."

Karabo:" no lindi leave her alone, lets go guys" i giggle

Me:" Damn ya'll look hot yeses" we laugh. Lilly is tall and she's wearing that freakem dress and 6 inch stilettos and a peruvian weave wow, and karabo is short, she's a size 32 and also wearing heels but they not tall because if she doesn't wear them sometimes she looks like a 18 year old and she hates that.

Karabo:"You too look hot...now let's take these shots and go shake our asses" we drink shots of vodka neat and i feel my throat getting warm.

Me:" damn this is strong....the uber is here guys...we are not driving because we are going to get drunk. lets go bitches and turn up! " we scream and leave the apartment and the uber driver takes us to the "Mile High Club".

We get there and the line of people waiting to get in is long.

Me:" Oh look at the line...there's no ways are we getting in "

Lilly:" Relax I know those bouncers, just follow me bitches "

Karabo:" I'm not surprised" she says and so we follow lilly and stand infront of the other group of girls.

Lilly:" Hey boys " she greets the bouncers and they look at us

"hey you!..can't you see that you have to wait in the line like the rest of us" says some girl who did the whole contour thing wrong.

Bouncer1:" Ah my girl lilly how you doing baby?" we look at each with karabo

Lilly:" Beautiful as always you know me " she says

Bouncer2:" we sure do and your friends are gorgeous too" he looks at us from head to toe and looks at the jumper i'm wearing for too long and i start to feel uncorfortable and the other bouncer elbows him

Bouncer1:" I have just the perfect table for you...follow me" then he presses an earpiece and tells someone to come in the front and the other girl loses it and calls us all kinds of names but we don't hear as we get inside and we're swallowed by the music inside.

Me:" Wow this place is amazing....it even has a second floor" karabo says

Bouncer:" V.I.P only on the second floor"

Lilly:" thanks mark for getting us in " so the bouncer's name is Mark ohk, I thought he might have a scary name since he's big and strong

Him:" anything for you baby girl " he smiles at lilly and I get a sense that there's more going on between these two and we are going to ask her. He takes us just below a v.i.p area above us that has a glass wall but you can't see inside maybe it's the office I tell myself.

Mark:" Sorry girls I can't take you to the vip..this is the best I can do "

Me:" thank you mark we are grateful " I smile and he seems to look at me like he's trying to read me or sees something and I don't know what and I just don't like it.

Mark:" Let me know if you guys need anything. I'll send my girl tina here to get you something, enjoy your night ladies" lilly kisses his cheek and the he leaves us and we sit down.

Karabo:" ok what was that about? "

Me:" please do tell us " I stare at her

Karabo:" no I meant him looking at you like that " she corrects me

Me:" I know it freaked me out too" I honestly say

Lilly:" He's a good guy. I've known him for a year, so don't worry about him...he's just protective thats all " huh?

Me:" protective of what lilly?....God I hope you didn't tell him anything about me?"

Lilly:" It might have slipped up okay and I was worried and so I ended up telling him about tshepo "

Me:" I could kill you right ! "

Lilly:" I'm sorry okay. I'm just scared of losing you I'm sorry "

Me:"I know you mean well. I'm sorry for snapping at you " damn liily and talking about my business.

Lilly:" We can't let that scumbag ruin our night "

Karabo:" ncoooh look at you guys....group hug" we laugh and hug then the waitress comes and we order a bottle of champagne, we can afford it.

We see the girls we left outside passing by us and going to the vip area and their leader gives us a look and smirks and they all laugh looking at our direction.

Lilly:"I don't like her "

Karabo:" she's just an ugly bitch wearing all that heavy make up to hide that alcoholic face she has under there." we burst out laughing really hard

Me:" lets not mind them guys, were are here to have a good time." we click cheers to that and right on que the dj plays rihanna's song cheers to freaking weekend and we stand up with our glasses and start singing loud with the song and dancing to it too. The Dj keeps them coming playing one after another and we're singing non-stop. Man it feels so good to be out with your friends and having a good time and not stressing....but deep down I am a little. I know tshepo is going to be pissed that I didn't answer his calls and call him back and I am scared.

karabo:" hey don't do that, don't think about him" this one she knows me

Me:" I'm not " she raises her eyebrow and I laugh

Me:" ok I'll stop" we don't leave our table, we dance there, just chilling having a great time and guys come to ask if they'll join us but we decline nicely and they leave us alone. It's now midnight and we're feeling hungry so we order a meat platter

Me:" guys when are we leaving? " I ask them

Lilly:" 2 am " I laugh shaking my head because if it was up to her we'd stay there the whole night and leave in the morning, thats how much she loves clubs and dancing.

Me:" I'm going to the ladies to powder my nose, would you ladies like to join me ? " I ask them twanging

Karabo:" we good for now ma'lady " she slurs terribly and we crack up. I ask one of the bouncers where's the ladies room and shows me and make my way there and there's a line and I really wanna go I can't wait that long.

I come back and make my way to the v.i.p area and ask the bouncer if I could use the ladies room there but he refuses and I sigh and turn back when he stops me and lets me pass to use the ladies room there and I get inside and do my business, wash my hands then leave the toilet and collide with that contour gone bad girl and she pushes me out of the way and I just look ar her...like how old are we?.

I ignore her and I'm about to turn when I feel this shudder from the back of my neck going all over my body and my skin gets covered in goosepumbs and I freeze not understanding what is going on because this is a different one and not the one I get when tshepo gets next to me or touches where i just want to crawl out of my skin and runaway.

This one feels different. I look behind me but all I can see is a passage that is a little dim and there are doors, I shake my head and push her and walk away and go to where we are sitting. We eat the meat platter and its kinda okay but hey...then karabo opens another bottle of champagne and we continue to drink. I look at the time and see it 1:30 am and I know we have to go now.

Me:" Guys we're drunk now so it's time we go home "

Karabo:" yeah...you right...lets go bitches " she's drunk. I waive at the waiter and he comes at our table.

Me:" uhm we'd like to pay our bill "

Waiter:" ma'am everything is on the house. Someone payed your bill" what hell no, we're going to be kidnaped or owe someone and i don't want that. Fuck is it Tshepo who has paid the bill...Fuck, I'm fucked

Me:"thank you but we had already have our own transport and thank whoever paid our bill " he nods and leaves.

The girls and I leave the club and when we get outside we see mark standing next to a huge SUV.

Mark:" girls I 'll be taking you home. Your uber driver was paid so don't worry and I'll sleep better knowing I left you home where you're safe."

Me:" can we trust him lilly? " I might be drunk but not that drunk to go with a stranger who just happens to offer us a lift

Lilly:" yes we can don't worry friend" so we get inside with mark driving and he takes us home. We arrive at lilly's place which he already knows because he didn't ask for direction and we get inside the elevator and then the flat.

karabo:" thanks mark baby " she says giggling

Me:" thank you marh, good night mark " go sleep in the spare bedroom and karabo doses off as soon as she's under the covers but before I sleep I check my phone and see 8 missed calls and 10 messages from tshepo and I delete all of them, then I hear groaning sounds and oh damn lilly and mark are fucking... I fall asleep hearing those sounds.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 318 34
They thought they could pull me down but they couldn't. They thought they will have the last laugh but who is having the last laugh now
134K 8.1K 57
what happens when she sneaks her way into his cold heart and makes him feel things he has always denied himself to feel.
140K 8.4K 81
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] 'Who knew me celebrating my sister's wedding to rejoice and enjoy the wedding jingles and all that nonsense will le...
50K 2.2K 102
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED] What happens when you fall in love with your enemy? Well you do know what happens, your family abandons you and all...