UMSHADO

By VanRahdBooks

A story about a woman who finds herself in a situation she never expected and it changes her whole life forev... More

CHAPTER 1.
CHAPTER 2.
CHAPTER 3.
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 8
Chapter 9
CHAPTER 10.
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15.
CHAPTER 16.
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 18.
CHAPTER 19.
CHAPTER 20.
CHAPTER 21.
CHAPTER 22.
CHAPTER 23.
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26.
CHAPTER 27.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 27.
CHAPTER 28.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 28.
CHAPTER 29.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 29.
CHAPTER 30.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 32.
CHAPTER 33
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 33.
CHAPTER 34.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 34.
CHAPTER 35.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 35.
CHAPTER 36.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 36.
CHAPTER 37.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 38.
CHAPTER 39.
Continual of Chapter 39.
CHAPTER 40
Continual Of Chapter 40
CHAPTER 41
Continual Of Chapter 41.
Chapter 42
Continual of Chapter 42
CHAPTER 43
Continual Of Chapter 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
Continual Of Chapter 45
CHAPTER 46
Continual Of Chapter 46
CHAPTER 47
Continual Of Chapter 47
CHAPTER 48
Continual of Chapter 48
CHAPTER 49
Continual of Chapter 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
Author's Note.
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 4

4.8K 257 10
By VanRahdBooks

CHAPTER 4.

Here I am at the court room with both my parents, younger brother and sister cousin, my uncle and his wife then Mbuso with his parents and other family members. I can't believe I'm getting married and never have I ever thought that it will be in a court room full of strangers and worse I'm getting married to a man I've only met once, I don't know him and do not love.

Tears have been falling non stop since the weekend because my mother blamed me for buhle's disappearance and when Mbuso said he didn't hear the phone because we were " Sleeping " When mbuso and hi s family left and I got into the house I was met by a fist from my father when my mom told her that I had already slept with umbuso. They didn't even let me explain what really happened and I still have a black eye from my father.

When Mbuso and his family saw me they were shocked. I tried to cover the bruise but it wouldn't let me... Being a yellow bone sucks sometimes. I wipe my face as the judge is busy talking about marriage and all you can feel in the atmosphere is tension. Some of the people are happy but my parents, me and this man standing next to me we are not. I can feel his anger, hatred and all of that is directed to me. I can't believe my parents decided to sacrifice me just so their precious name won't be dragged through the mud.

Judge:" Please face each other and repeat after me.... Look at each other " We face each other, I lift my head then look straight in his eyes and I see annoyance

Judge:" Now since you don't have any vows you wrote for yourselves, please repeat after me"

Mbuso:" Can you skip all of that and just go to the part where we say I do" I hear my cousin gasp in shock but I'm not shocked at all.

Judge:" Lungi Mazibuko are you here at your own free will and no one is forcing you to be here to marry this man. If so say yes and if not say no". The temperature in the room changes to like zero degrees despite that it's summer. I think about what the judge says and 100℅ part of me doesn't want this at all but my family didn't ask for this too.

Me:" I am here on my own free will" I answer and hear loud sighs and he asks mbuso the same question and also gives the same answer I did.

Judge:" If there is anyone here who doesn't wish these two to get married speak now or forever hold your peace" I look at my dad begging him one last time but he doesn't say anything just looks at me with no emotion whatsoever.

Judge:" Please take her hands and repeat after me " My hands were tucked under my arms coz I'm so cold and shaking so I pull them out and he takes them and I get shocked to feel that they are so warm. I thought they would be cold just like how he looks.

Judge:" Do you Mbusowezwe Gumede take uLungile Mazibuko to be your wedded wife. To love and to cherish. In sickness and in health. In good times and in bad times. For richer and for poor. Till death do you apart? "

Mbuso:" I do ". He doesn't even hesitate but answers looking at me like he's bored.

Judge:" Do you Lungile Mazibuko take Mbusowezwe Gumede to be your husband. To love and to hold. In sickness and in health. In good times and in bad times. For richer and for poorer. Till death do you apart" I'm literally shaking like I'm going faint.

Me:"I...I... I do" I say mbuso holds my hands tight .

Judge:" I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your wife" I know he's not going to kiss me but I'm wrong. He brings my body close to his, puts his hands on my face and kissss me but I don't kiss him back coz my mouth is closed but then he bites me and I gasp then he takes that opportunity to get his tongue in me and forces me to reciprocate. His kiss is hard but his lips are so soft and I almost moan but then he stops. I hear giggles and I get so embarrassed

Judge:" I give you Mr and Mrs Gumede everyone " He starts to clap and soon everyone in the room joins him and they all clap then they leave us with our witnesses. Mine is my cousin sims and his, is his brother.

We sign our marriage certificate and yes we are married in community of property... Which means what's mine is his and what's his is mine. As of today I'm rich.... Don't know how rich I am but I am rich and that doesn't make me feel at ease at all because for all I know he could be criminal. We leave the office and he's with the same driver he was with on Friday. We sit in the backseat and the driver drives off. He is sitting next to me and I'm looking outside the window as we pass building after building.

Mbuso:" I'm your husband now. You better get used to me" I ignore him

Mbuso:" How many times must I tell you to look at me when I'm talking to you"

Me:" Why are you doing this... What did I ever do to you? "

Mbuso:" Your sister fucked with a wrong man and unfortunately for you, you're the one who's gonna be paying for her sins. I feel cold chills run down my back when he says that then my head starts aching.

Me:" Where are we going? "

Mbuso:" The hotel to have lunch with your family then after we fly to Joburg "

Me:" Fly how because we don't have an airport here? "

Mbuso:" You'll see, your dad hit you again? ". Yes and it's all your fault.

Me:" He didn't " He gives me oh really look. We arrive at the hotel and mbuso takes my hand, I try to pull it off but he grips tight then opens the door. Everyone is here, they came here after they left us at the court. I look around and see it's like some sort of wedding reception but it's so heartbreaking for me because I never imagined the day I get married will be the saddest day of my life.

I feel like a part of me died today. My parents are sitting with my now in-laws and I don't see my uncle and his wife anywhere and my heartbreaks even more. We go to them and sit down.

MaGumede:" Welcome to the family lungi. I'm glad to have another woman in the family " She hugs me smiling

Me:" Thank you ma" His dad smiles and looks at me like he feels sorry for me. My parents don't say anything, I think they don't want to and I'm not sure if I want them to say anything.

Mbuso:" I know that this isn't what we expected to happen but because of buhle's actions I had to protect my family's name and honor. So since we don't know anything about each other with my wife here, I was thinking if you all can give us space and time to get to know each other, when we're ready we would invite all of you over and have a family dinner" He wasn't asking for permission he was basically telling them.

MyDad:" We won't bother you. Take as much time as you need, even years if that's not enough" I couldn't expect more from him because I know he doesn't care about me at all.

Fatherin-law:" We understand son. You and our daughter in-law can take as much time as you need and we won't put pressure on you" his mom agrees

MaGumede:" But as for me and your aunt lwethu you can call us anytime, especially when Mbuso gives you trouble. First thing in the morning I'll be there. Don't hesitate to call us ".

Me:" Thank you ma" I look at my mother and she looks like she wants to stick a knife on my eye "

Me:" Can I be excused, I want to talk to my brother and sister "

MaGumede:" Go ahead dear, mbuso will introduce you to your brother in-laws" We go to their table

Me:" Good afternoon " My brother stands up and hugs me tight. We hug for the longest then let go and I hug Sims too.

Mbuso:" This is my brother Siyabonga and that is Zipho the last born ".

Me:" Nice to meet you both " I lift my hand to shake theirs

Siyabonga:" No hugs for us?.... Wow. " he says playfully then gives me a side hug

Zipho:" we are family and so we deserve those hugs too. Come here " My heart gets warm a little bit and I smile for the first time today. He gives me a full tight hug like the one my brother gave me.

Mbuso:" That's enough zipho. Get yourself your own damn wife you can hug like that " The boys laugh. We sit with them and the guys are talking and laughing and I'm playing with my food. I'm hungry but I can't eat and this damn headache.

Sims:" Made you don't look good, drink some water "

Me:" Let's go to the ladies room" I stand then mbuso takes my hand

Mbuso:" Where are you going? "

Me:" To the ladies room. Do I need permission to go there.... Can I? " I know I've disrespected him, the whole table gets quiet

Mbuso:" You do. Go" Mxm we leave and as soon as I get inside the ladies room I pour water ony face.

Sims:" I can't believe he said that! " .

Me:" I feel like this is one big nightmare that I'm having. A series of bad dreams that continue to happen from the last 2days and they are not going to stop anytime soon "

Sims:" He likes you luh, the way he looks at you wow"

Me:" Are you serious right now sims? " She's annoying me right now

Sims:" Seriously I have experience with men and I know when a man wants a woman and that man wants to be in your pants so badb"

Me:" You know what?, I can't with you right now! "

Sims:" He's going to want to tap that ass tonight when you get to Joburg "

Me:" Oh my God just stop! . I don't need this and I didn't ask for this. My parents didn't even care whether I wanted it or not. It should have been my choice not theirs and you're also busy telling me how mbuso wants to to fuck me!..." I scream at her

Sims:" Ssshhh..... I'm sorry. It's not fair to you sis, I'm so sorry " We hug then I clean my face

Me:" Can you give me some pills the aching won't stop " She gives them to me and I drink.

Sims:" It's just stress sis, you'll be okay, hold on for me and be strong. You'll get through this " We leave and go back to them.

Mbuso:"it's time to go I sigh then Sims and I hug and I wipe tears off her face.

Thami:" I'll see you soon okay and well talk on the phone everyday " He kisses my forehead and hugs me too. I go to my parents and hug them too but they don't hug me back and it's fine.

Mom;" I hope he makes your life a living hell for stealing my daughters happiness "

Me;" How can you say that mama?...baba "

Dad:" Just go"

Mbuso:" Come lungi let's go" God he heard.

Me:" I love you both goodbye". We head inside the and I sit down and buckle up and close my eyes. The car off it goes to somewhere just outside standerton like were going to Balfour but we take a gravel road that leads to somewhere. He is looking at me like he's studying me

Him:" How bad is your headache? "

Me:" To a point where I can't open my eyes" He fishes out for something in the glove compactment and comes out with pills

Him:" They'll help with the headache drink" I drink them then he presses a button and my seat moves backwards making it easier for me to sleep then I see him taking out his laptop and I close my eyes aand dose off.

I feel someone shaking me softly, I open my eyes and see mbuso's face. I look around and see that we're inside a small private jet that carries about 4 passangers. I don't remember getting inside the jet...he must have carried me and I'm heavy.

Mbuso:" Wake up. We've landed "

Me:" Did you drug me? "

Him:" Why would I do that?, you had a headache and I was trying to get you some rest " I just nod. I unbuckle then get up and make our way to the car, my whole body is stiff and the only thing I want to is fall face down and sleep.

His phone keeps ringing and he declines all the calls. I won't ask who's calling because it's none of my business. I can feel his eyes on me but I don't dare look at him because I'm scared of what's going to happen when we get where he lives. He's so silent like he's not in the car with me or even breathing, I don't know how he does that.

The drive continues for about forty five minutes then we enter a posh neighborhood of houses, the architecture and lighting of the houses is out of this world and you can tell only the rich live here. Once we enter the gate the drive continues for another ten minutes then the car drives straight into the garage and stops.

My heart is beating so fast I feel like I'm going to have a panick attack. He gets out of the car and Frank opens my side of the door and I get out and just stand there.

Him:" Follow me" He looks at me and I look at Frank and I don't know for what reason maybe for protection or assurance. He's waiting by the door and when he sees me coming he turns and I follow him.

That's all I've been doing since he turned my life upside down is to follow him. We enter what I know is the kitchen but I don't get to look around because he's not giving me a chance and my head is bowed down too. I'm not ready to face this reality that I'm now going to live but I made a choice and I have to stick to it.

We get on the stairs and I try to be as fast as him but my legs won't let me, so I stop and take off my wedges, he stops too and waits for me and when I'm done I follow him again this house is huge. We stop at this door and he opens it and heads for me to enter and the first thing I feel is how thick and soft the carpet is and I almost sigh coz my feet enjoy it.

There's this huge bed it's a king size and the headboard almost takes the whole wall and there's some sort of decoration of steel bars on the headboard, they are part of it....that's weird. His phone rings again and he declines the call for the eleventh time it's not like I was counting and I wonder who's calling him.

Him:" There's an en suite bathroom and walk in closet there on your right, your clothes are also there with everything you will need.

Me:" Ok"

Him:" Aren't you hungry because you didn't eat the whole day? "

Me:" I'm not hungry I just want to sleep"

Him:" Fine I'm going out. Dont wait up dear wife "

Me:" I don't care" He looks at me one last time before closing the door then a few minutes later I hear a sports car driving out.

He's gone and I sigh deeply then make my way to the bathroom and take off all my clothes and get in the shower. The water is just how I like it hot so I scrub myself clean. I want to cry but I'm too drained... I'm exhausted.... I feel numb... I am numb.

I get done showering then wear my pj's then throw the many pillows on the bed on different directions of the bedroom then get in bed. The sheets are silk, they smell fresh and clean. I bury my face on the pillow and sleep like I'm dead on my stomach.

I'm still sleepy when I hear the shower is on and I look at the clock on the wall and it's 3am. He just got back from wherever he was at and now he is washing off some woman's smell off of him. I hear the shower door opening and so I lay on my stomach again and close my eyes so he won't notice that I'm alert of him.

I can't believe he's going to sleep in the same bed I'm sleeping on, why couldn't he just show me the guest bedroom to use it and not have to worry if he's going to touch me and that thought makes me panick. He switches off the lights, gets in the bed facing me and I can feel his fresh breath on my face and I know his body is close, not too close but close enough because the moment he got in the bed I felt this warmth from him.

I can feel his eyes on me and I don't know if may he's waiting for me to open them up or ask him where he was at but I'm not going to do that. I turn my head and face the other side and he sighs faces the other way and sleeps.

I don't know when I fell asleep but I'm awake because my body everyday at 5:30am automatically wakes me up. I open my eyes and see mbuso is deep in sleep facing me. I go to the bathroom and do my morning routine then go to the walk in closet and wear my under garments and long dress then leave the bedroom and mbuso is still sleeping. I still remember the way to the kitchen and I get there and find a woman who's about in her late fifties stirring something in the pot and she must the help I think.

Me:" Good morning ma " She turns and looks at me and smiles and her smile is warm

Her:" Good morning Mrs Gumede. I didn't realize madam will be up so e early "

Me:" I'm an early riser. My name is lungi mazibuko, oh sorry ma it's Gumede now "

Her:" Nice to meet you madam and I'm Sophie dlamini but you can call me madlamini "

Me:" Nice to meet you too ma and you can call me lungi not Mrs Gumede "

Her:" Mnumzane gave me strict instructions that I must call you either mrs gumede or madam " Who cares what he said but it's his house and staff so I won't argue.

Me:" Madam will do, can I help you with anything" For now I say to myself

Her:" Sir said you'll tell me what to do around the house "

Me:" Just do what you've been doing ma but I'll clean our bedroom, do his laundry and I'll also cook "

Her:" Does that mean you're going to cut off my salary and the days I work? "

Me:" No ma I won't do that, you'll continue to get the same salary you've been getting. How many days do you work here? "

Her:" Monday to Friday from 5:30am then on the weekends 7am to 2pm"
That's crazy why would mbuso work this woman such crazy hours

Me:" Do you have a family? "

Her:"I do madam. I have 5 grandkids that I live with" She takes out her phone and shows me their pictures and they are all cute.

Me:" Your grandkids are beautiful "

Her:" thank you madam"

Me:" So when you're here this early who's watching them? "

Her:" The oldest who's 15. They understand that I have to work for them "

Me:" Where are their mother's if you do think me asking? "

Her:" They sometimes come home or call and sometimes they don't show up for months"

Me:" I'm sorry to hear that ma. How much is mbu....my husband paying you? "

Her:" Eh eish madam maybe you should ask him " What is she afraid of

Me:" I will. What do you use for transport? "

Her:" I take taxis madam" What?

Me:" Where do you live? "

Her:" Soweto at snake park "

Me:" It takes you how many taxis to get here? "

Her:" 3 madam sometimes 2" You does mbuso know where this woman lives and why is she using taxis when he can get someone to take her home

Me:" Excuse me for asking soany questions. I just want to know more about you since I'll be staying here. You've worked how many years for him? "
Her;" I understand madam. It's going to be a year now " She stars to put everything on the kitchen table and makes fresh coffee. I start to plate for myself when I hear doors opening and closing, more like someone banging them closed, then hard thud footsteps like he's in a hurry... Like chill dude.

He gets in the kitchen and my breathing starts to change because I don't know what he's going to say. Will he say something or ignore me. I feel him standing behind me then he turns the chair I'm sitting in and I see he's only wearing pyjama pants and his chest is bare and he has that v-thing men have that leads to his crotch. He tilts my head up with his finger and then gives me a kiss full on tthe mouth. I miss him back shocked at his action.

Him:" Morning my lovely wife "

Me:" Morning my husband " He smirks

Him:" Madlamini unjani"

Her:" I'm good mnumzane " She leaves us alone in the kitchen.

Him:" I thought you were gone. I wake up and I'm alone in bed"

Me:" I'm an early riser" He turns to go sit on the opposite chair and I almost gasp loud but I close my mouth fast....shocked at what I'm seeing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.3K 2.3K 102
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED] What happens when you fall in love with your enemy? Well you do know what happens, your family abandons you and all...
2.1K 139 5
Who's more dangerous? A man in love or a woman with nothing to lose? Is love ever enough? If it is, at what cost
143K 8.4K 81
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] 'Who knew me celebrating my sister's wedding to rejoice and enjoy the wedding jingles and all that nonsense will le...
6.1K 327 35
They thought they could pull me down but they couldn't. They thought they will have the last laugh but who is having the last laugh now