UMSHADO

By VanRahdBooks

A story about a woman who finds herself in a situation she never expected and it changes her whole life forev... More

CHAPTER 1.
CHAPTER 3.
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 8
Chapter 9
CHAPTER 10.
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15.
CHAPTER 16.
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 18.
CHAPTER 19.
CHAPTER 20.
CHAPTER 21.
CHAPTER 22.
CHAPTER 23.
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26.
CHAPTER 27.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 27.
CHAPTER 28.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 28.
CHAPTER 29.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 29.
CHAPTER 30.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 32.
CHAPTER 33
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 33.
CHAPTER 34.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 34.
CHAPTER 35.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 35.
CHAPTER 36.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 36.
CHAPTER 37.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 38.
CHAPTER 39.
Continual of Chapter 39.
CHAPTER 40
Continual Of Chapter 40
CHAPTER 41
Continual Of Chapter 41.
Chapter 42
Continual of Chapter 42
CHAPTER 43
Continual Of Chapter 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
Continual Of Chapter 45
CHAPTER 46
Continual Of Chapter 46
CHAPTER 47
Continual Of Chapter 47
CHAPTER 48
Continual of Chapter 48
CHAPTER 49
Continual of Chapter 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
Author's Note.
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 2.

5.1K 275 25
By VanRahdBooks

Dad:" Why is everyone still in the kitchen, did you not hear the cars hooting outside?, go outside and welcome them" We all go outside and start ululating, making happy noise. My mom is in her bedroom sleeping I think, I don't know if she's allowed to be outside and shame I feel very sorry for her but there's nothing I can do to make her feel better. Sims and I leave our aunts outside and other cousins and we go to the kitchen to prepare refreshments for the elders.

Sims:" I wonder what's going to happen after they find out that buhle is gone"

Me:" I think they'll just ask for their money back and leave..... I mean there's nothing they can do".

Sims:" I hope so sis"

We finish preparing drinks and snacks then leave them on the table for our aunts to take them to the living where everyone is sitted then we go to sit in my bedroom and my brother enters and closes the door behind him.

Thami:" Guys why are you sitting here it's so hot, you should be outside under the tree shade"

Me:" It's also hot outside thami yoh and where were you because I haven't seen you since the morning."

Him:" I went to see my friends couldn't stand the tension in the house"

Sims:" Buhle and her drama, one day she's going to regret what she did"

Him:" I doubt the spoiled princess will regret it " We all laugh.

Me:" Let's take a walk and go to the shops, it's not like we're needed here"

Thami:" Yeah plus maybe we'll buy 12 savanah and hide them then we'll drink them here in your room luh "

Me:" I'll buy them but they shouldn't see us" I take my R300 on my purse then comb my afro then look at my long sleeve orange maxi dress and I look good then we leave.

Thami:" Aw my beautiful yellow bone sister, if only it was you getting married I would been on top of the world right now really happy! "

Me:" Ugh please, I need a boyfriend first then all of that will come later" We laugh

Thami:" what happened to Paul I thought you liked him? "

Me:" He got tired of me because you know how dad is and so he couldn't deal with it"

Thami:" He didn't deserve you and it's his loss" He puts his arm around my shoulder and the other around sims shoulder we continue to walk.

Me:" Ncooh thanks lil bro" I pinch his cheek, he smacks my hand off and we laugh.

Thami:" I'm taller than you so I'm your big brother " I roll my eyes.

The cars outside our yard, they are huge SUVs all in black color, yoh I have never seen such huge cars. We pass them then go straight down the road to the shops. We are laughing making jokes and as we're walking there's this huge Porsche car maroon matte in colour and it looks absolutely beautiful and out of place because it is just standing there on it's own.

The windows are tinted and you can't see inside but you can make out the figures in the car. When thami sees the car he makes all kinds noise praising the car and talking about all the stuff it has and does blah, blah, blah and we laugh at him. As we pass the car about few minutes there's this thing that tells me to look back and I do and see the window of the car we have passed has been rolled down. Someone has opened it and it feels like they watching us and it freaks me out.

Me:" Guys maybe we should go back home, I don't feel safe"

Thami:" What's wrong luh? "

Me:" I don't know, there's this weird feeling like something bad is going to happen and it's scaring me "

Thami:" Why don't you guys go back and I'll go buy the stuff. Stay in your room and I'll find you guys there". He kisses my forehead then leaves and we head back.

We pass that car again and I try to look inside but it's dark. We get home, go to my room and we can hear the families arguing and it doesn't sound good at all.

Sims:" I think the in-laws have been told that their bride is M.I.A" She laughs but I just shrug my shoulders.

Me:" Cousin I have this feeling at the pit of my stomach that something bad is going to happen "

Sims:" Don't worry sis, the only thing bad that happens is gone and so we don't have to worry. They'll take their money and go. Simple as that " She claps her hands.

Me:" I hope you are right sis " Right then my aunts come followed by my dad and one of them is crying.

Me:" Ncane what's wrong?"

Dad:" Both of you take these blankets and cover yourselfs and follow your aunt "

Me:" Dad what's going on you're scarring me? "

Dad:" Do as I say Lungi now!"

Sims:" Mama what's going on?"

Her:" I'm sorry Lungi I really am" She takes the big blankets and cover me with it and does the same to sims and we're just standing there dumbfounded not really understanding what's going on.

She takes my hand and gives it to sims and we hold hands and she takes mine to hers.

Her:"follow me" She leaves I'm in the middle and sims is behind me. We follow her to the living room and it gets quiet and I finally realise what is about to happen and my heart drops..... No!, God don't let it be please!.... Show me that I'm wrong.

Tears fall down on my face behind the blanket and I wipe them off because I know if dad sees them, he'll be mad at me. They sit us down then I hear my uncle talk.

Uncle:" We hear your demands and it is the right thing to do. These are also the other beautiful flowers you can choose to replace the one who disappointed all of us. Any of them would make a beautiful daughter in-law." Oh my God it is really happening. My dad and uncles have decided that one of us is going to replace ubuhle, how can they do this to us?. My tears won't stop falling

Someone:"we have another request here "

Uncle:" talk"

Someone:" Since your daughter has shamed us and disrespected our son, we want him to choose for himself who will replace your daughter " huh?, what?

Dad:" But we haven't finished other matters" My dad says angrily

Someone:" That will follow after but for now we want our son to come and choose for himself "

Dad:" Fine. Tell him to come! ". The person leaves to go call my sister's fiancee. I move my hand under the blanket and search for sims hand and I find it and hold it for dear life. I hear my uncle whisper next to me

Uncle:" I'm sorry my daughter but I know he's going to choose you". This time I don't try to hold back that I'm crying and I just let it all out.

Dad:" Don't you dare embarrass me like your sister. Do you hear me Lungi? " I keep quiet

Dad:" Do you hear me Lungi? "

Me:"ye... Yes dad"

Dad:" Wipe those damn tears off " I do as he says but they continue to still fall.

The atmosphere changes when they get in. I haven't seen him but I feel him, his presence and aura is too strong yoh I fell goosebumps covering my whole body and I shiver. I grip sims hand much harder then I hear her winces I loosen my grip.

He is sitting down somewhere on my left I think because I can feel his eyes on the left side of my head like he can see me through the blanket.

Uncle:" MaMtshali come on this side so you can take off the blankets off their heads so son in-law can choose who he wants" I hear my aunt approaching

Person:" Cha" (No) the room goes quiet and I hold my breath thinking he doesn't want any of us and this and I cross my fingers and pray that I'm right.

Uncle:" What do you mean no? "

Him:" Ngikhetha lona " ( I choose her). I don't know if he pointed at sims or me and I just hope it's sims hw chose.

Uncle:" Ok son, maMtshali lift off the blanket so he can see her "

Him:" I'll do it myself " His voice is not to deep but it's scary. I feel like I'm going to pass out. I feel sims letting go of my hand and standing up and I breathe out deeply and I'm about to thank God that he didn't choose me, when I feel the blanket being taken off my head and I close my eyes not wanting to open them because I know I'm going to see the man who has just turned my life upside down.

Him:" Lungi" He says and I fall apart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.2K 6.7K 54
She only knows one home that she has ever lived in and that is the orphanage. She has many questions about who she is and how did she end up there. S...
Mnakwethu By Lulu

Short Story

1.8K 94 7
Zasembo: Zolani sila sobabili manje usihlalise izinsuku ezinhlanu sobabili la endlini yakho Wake wezwaphi kuthiwa iyenziwa lento oyenzile? Asikwazi u...
103K 6.6K 48
When your husband tells you that she has met someone else and wants to marry her. What would you do? Stay still and see what Noxolo would do.
135K 8.1K 57
what happens when she sneaks her way into his cold heart and makes him feel things he has always denied himself to feel.