Scared By Twilight

By Rose_Veiws27

Attachments are bad, or they were until I was sent to a foster family in Forks. The Blacks wanted to take me... More

C~1: Soon, Another Escape
C~2: First Day In Hell
C~3: Dr. C
C~4: Stories And Truths
C~5: Cullens Get Real
C~6: Homerun Gone Wrong
C~7: Mirrors All-Around
C~8: Brighter Than A Shooting Star
C~9: Senior Birthday
C~10: I Hate You
C~11: Pack Of Wolves Or Family
C~12: Over Come Fear
C~13: Volturi, Greeting Or Threat
C~14: My First Birthday
C~15: Life After School
C~16: Horror Story That Never Ends
C~17: Graduating But Not Much Party
C~18: Your Scars Are Beautiful.
C~19: Rocky Climb
C~20: A Bite Of Victory
C~21: Words Fail, Music Speaks
C~22: You Can Stop
C~23: Camp Soul
C~24: First Campfire
C~25: Water Logged Disagreement
C~26: Sounds Familiar?
C~27: Check Yes, Juliet
C~28: Cheaters Never Win
C~29: The Lunar Riders
C~30: Fire Of The Hunter
C~31: Unexpected Pick Up
C~32: Wedding Prep
C~33: A Thousand Years
C~34: Good Or Bad Dream
C~35: Stupid Phone Calls
C~36: I Want To Try
C~37: Just Sick! Okay!
C~38: Blood Won't Stay Down
C~39: Baby Names And The Baby!
C~40: Do-Re-Mi
C~41: Why Can't I Help?
C~42: No Room For A Human
C~43: The Grove
C~44: Moons Light
C~45: The Grove Origin
C~46: Terrible Mission
C~47: Immortal Run-In
C~48: Diner Rush
C~49: Reintroduction
C~50: Sparing Match
C~51: Wanting To Hate You
C~53: Sweetest Christmas
C~53: Night Before A War
C~54: The Volturi, A Second Meeting
C~55: The Real Enemy
C~56: A Bite To Last
C~57: Not The Only New Life
C~58: Welcome Home
C~59: Leftover Ideals
C~60: Yes To The Dress
C~62: New Friends
C~63: First Her, Now My Sons
C~64: Man Behind It All
C~65: Lies To The Wrong Brother
C~66: Lunar Gem Or A Grave
C~67: The Criminal And The Ball
C~68: Costumes And Reality
C~69: Human Meal
C~70: Mask Is Slipping
C~71: Together But Kept Apart
C~72: Blood Moon Twins
C~73: Mr. And Mrs. Hale
C~74: Forever

C~61: Breaking News

425 11 4
By Rose_Veiws27

"To be or not to be!"

"I am Iron man."

"Chose me, love me-" the line is cut off as Major flips to another channel trying to find something to watch, Whitman sat on the couch reading a book while his brother did this, he looks to the clock.

8:37

"Mom was supposed to be back by 6:30." he points out, Major shrugs "They're women! Aunt Alice probably made them get drinks or something."

"I don't Aunt Alice would go that far, mom doesn't drink and wouldn't she call to tell?"

Major says nothing utterly focused on the TV; Whitman rolls his eyes looking around. "Speaking of which, where's dad?"

"In the other room on the phone with that J. Jenks guy."

"Do you know why?"

"My hope is that we're getting driver's license soon."

"We can't drive."

"Maybe it's for the future? Or they're honeymoon." Major scoffs, Whitman goes back to reading, "I don't see what you have against marriage."

"Please, it's the death of all joy-" Major stops just staring at the screen and leans forward "Oh shit!" he shouts. Only then, Jasper walks out of the other room, still on the phone. "Son, please keep it down. I'm on the phone." he starts before turning back.

Whitman looks up, and his book falls from his hands. "Um, dad, maybe you should hang up," he says, gulping. Jasper looks to his boys, both of their expressions a mixture of shock, graveness, and fright.

"Hey J, I'll pick them up tomorrow morning, but I need to go." Jasper finishes hanging up, moves around to the back of the couch, and upon seeing the TV drops his phone.

"Our breaking news, a car was found off the highway, crashed into a tree. The dashboard was found bloody, and the car itself stretched up. The car is owned by Evangeline, a 21-year-old woman from Forks." the report states, a picture of Eve from before her transformation appears on the screen and the crime scene.

"Police say that is could be the result of drunk driving, but the car is in terrible shape, there are big amounts of blood, and Evangeline's body is nowhere to be found. Evangeline's last known sighting was at a bridal shop in Seattle, with her female side of the family finding a dress for her wedding...The police will continue to investigate, is this case really the result of drunk driving or is something more sinister aboard. I'm Jessie-"

Major mutes the Tv not wanting to hear any more "You don't think she really was drinkin-"

"Your mother doesn't drink, and she wouldn't be this stupid." starts Jasper picking up his phone and grabbing a jacket. "Get your jackets on we're leaving." he orders, Whitman stands "Where are we going?"

"We're gonna head over to your grandparent's house. Grab anything you need you boys are sleeping there," reveals Jasper stuffing items into a backpack. Major and Whitman do as told, and the three-run through the forest to the Cullens house.

Jasper walks up to the front door knocking, he wasn't calm, and the boys could tell their dad was distressed, angry, and scared. Esme is the first to open the door, and upon seeing her son's face takes him in her arms.

Once inside, the boys are given room to sleep in while the others are downstairs trying to figure out want happened. Alice plays the news report one more time before sitting off the TV. "Eve doesn't drink, and she would have a high tolerance anyway."

"She said she was gonna stop by the hospital." points out Rose, Carlisle shakes his head. "She never came in, never made it. So then that puts the car between the dress shop and the hospital."

"But where's Eve." begs Jasper drawing attention to him, sitting down he runs a hand through his hair "She's not in the car, she's not home, it's been over 3 hours-"

"Jasper we're not gonna know anything until the police give us the okay to check it out." states Edward, Bella looks up "Let me call my dad, he could probably get us in there first thing in the morning."

"But we're not going to dismiss the fact that this wasn't some guy road-raging, Eve wouldn't lose her cool for that nor drive on the edge of a drop she's terrified of heights," affirms Jacob. Jasper looks to him sighing, "Your point?"

"That a human couldn't push her off the road."

This hangs in the air gravely, and of course, it hung above the boy's heads. Upstairs already in nightwear, they listened through a vent in the floor that leads to the living room. The two brothers raise and look at each other "So they think some did this on purpose." states Whitman.

"Some creature at least..." draws Major, the two nod "Vampire."

"Could it be Caius?" starts Whitman, Major nods "Who else...and if they got mom-"

"Don't say that!"

"Got as in kidnapped, maybe we're next, or our family is."

"Well, then we have to wait."

"Don't you understand if we are next, then our family could die. And mom..." trails Major getting choked up, the fact of the matter was that someone wanted half-bloods like the boys, Eve, and Renesmee gone.

Just then, Whitman's eyes light up, and he pulls out a book from his bag "A location incantation! We could use it to find mom! We just need one of mom's things, and then it'll take both of us to perform the spell."

Major smiles. "See, I told you playing down your vampire side would be useful!"

"You said that focusing on magic was unhelpful-"

"Whatever, so what do we need to do?" he asks, clapping his hand. Whitman reaches into his bag, pulling out a carton of chocolate milk. "First, I need you to drink this," he says, shoving it to Major. "Why?"

"You only ever drink blood; you need real food to fuel your magic," he says, standing and looking around the room, and Major stomachs the drink. "What are you doing?"

"Looking for something of moms, this is dads old room so theirs gotta be something in here-"

"Will a ripped sports bra do." gurgles Major, Whitman turns back to see him holding it up. Nodding, he sits down, and Major throws away the carton licking his lips "That tasted great!"

"It's chocolate milk, no wonder," mutters Whitman opening up the book turning to a page and holds out his hand, which his brother takes. "We have to say these words together: Paikkaan, jossa kadotettu itkee, näytä meille missä on varastossa."

"Got it Parik..aogd...dada...whatever."

"Say it with me, take a deep breathe and focus on mom," orders Whitman, the two close their eyes imagine Eve in there heads. Her eyes stared at them in love, her voice that so many times sang them to sleep.

"Paikkaan, jossa kadotettu itkee, näytä meille missä on varastossa."

Upon saying these words, a vision appears in there head. A grand castle, in a town surrounded by the forest "Iceland?" asks Major opening his eyes, Whitman rolls his "Romania!...which is across the ocean, so lets head downstairs and tell everyone where mom is." he says standing. Major grabs the edge of his shirt. "Wait, we can't."

"Why not? This isn't a game; this is mom's life."

"I know, but we can't drag anyone else's life into it. We have to get mom back ourselves."

"Are you kidding? This isn't about us doing daring-do this about mom and dad's lives and even worse their marriage." whispers Whitman, Major lets go raising an eyebrow "Okay so we have to stop the bad guys from ruining mom and dads wedding...Whit wake up, mom would do it for us...and I say it's time we got out there and showed everyone we're not little kids anymore! That we can handle the world! We could handle high school if we wanted!"

Whitman shakes his head "The speech was great, but we don't have passports, and we can't drive!!!"

Major bites his lip, thinking before smirking, "Did dad say he was gonna pick up something tomorrow morning from Mr. Jenks? I mean, he only calls him for things like divers licenses or passports!" he hints, popping both Ps.

Whitman takes a breath thinking, he wanted to save his mom more than anything and for the first time...Major was right no one else could be dragged into this "Fine! But we still can't dri-...damn...but I know someone who can."

"Great when dad leaves to check out the crash we'll take the chance and leave-"

"But remember this isn't a game; this is mom's life."

"Don't tell me things I already know."

"Promise you'll take this seriously."

The two brothers stare at each other, each had something to prove and a mission in mind.

"Deal."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.2K 2K 26
Brinley Holt just moves to Forks, Washington to help her parents out since they decided to move up here. Mom works in Port Angeles, and dad works at...
100K 4.2K 84
โ˜„๏ธŽ โ‹†ยทหš โ‹† *. โ‡’ ๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐‚๐Ž๐๐’๐“๐„๐‹๐‹๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’ ๐’๐‡๐ˆ๐…๐“ โœงโœงโœง "What did you see?" "I'm not sure" Alice replied, "do you know anyone c...
145K 4K 61
Janetta Swan is Bella's older sister. She has lived in Forks all her life. Janetta has a secret: she is a supernatural being. She has been able to ge...
196K 4.6K 23
"...I don't draw on my body to make myself look badass, no, it was never that way. I see you glance at them whenever your sister comes in. You're int...