Scared By Twilight

By Rose_Veiws27

Attachments are bad, or they were until I was sent to a foster family in Forks. The Blacks wanted to take me... More

C~1: Soon, Another Escape
C~2: First Day In Hell
C~3: Dr. C
C~4: Stories And Truths
C~5: Cullens Get Real
C~7: Mirrors All-Around
C~8: Brighter Than A Shooting Star
C~9: Senior Birthday
C~10: I Hate You
C~11: Pack Of Wolves Or Family
C~12: Over Come Fear
C~13: Volturi, Greeting Or Threat
C~14: My First Birthday
C~15: Life After School
C~16: Horror Story That Never Ends
C~17: Graduating But Not Much Party
C~18: Your Scars Are Beautiful.
C~19: Rocky Climb
C~20: A Bite Of Victory
C~21: Words Fail, Music Speaks
C~22: You Can Stop
C~23: Camp Soul
C~24: First Campfire
C~25: Water Logged Disagreement
C~26: Sounds Familiar?
C~27: Check Yes, Juliet
C~28: Cheaters Never Win
C~29: The Lunar Riders
C~30: Fire Of The Hunter
C~31: Unexpected Pick Up
C~32: Wedding Prep
C~33: A Thousand Years
C~34: Good Or Bad Dream
C~35: Stupid Phone Calls
C~36: I Want To Try
C~37: Just Sick! Okay!
C~38: Blood Won't Stay Down
C~39: Baby Names And The Baby!
C~40: Do-Re-Mi
C~41: Why Can't I Help?
C~42: No Room For A Human
C~43: The Grove
C~44: Moons Light
C~45: The Grove Origin
C~46: Terrible Mission
C~47: Immortal Run-In
C~48: Diner Rush
C~49: Reintroduction
C~50: Sparing Match
C~51: Wanting To Hate You
C~53: Sweetest Christmas
C~53: Night Before A War
C~54: The Volturi, A Second Meeting
C~55: The Real Enemy
C~56: A Bite To Last
C~57: Not The Only New Life
C~58: Welcome Home
C~59: Leftover Ideals
C~60: Yes To The Dress
C~61: Breaking News
C~62: New Friends
C~63: First Her, Now My Sons
C~64: Man Behind It All
C~65: Lies To The Wrong Brother
C~66: Lunar Gem Or A Grave
C~67: The Criminal And The Ball
C~68: Costumes And Reality
C~69: Human Meal
C~70: Mask Is Slipping
C~71: Together But Kept Apart
C~72: Blood Moon Twins
C~73: Mr. And Mrs. Hale
C~74: Forever

C~6: Homerun Gone Wrong

2.1K 41 0
By Rose_Veiws27

I wash my hair quickly and rush out into the kitchen "Good afternoon!" I say grabbing a piece of toast leftover from breakfast. I quickly put on my favorite sweater over my white shirt and head towards the door "And where are you going in such a rush?" asks Billy looking up from his paper.

I smile and sit down "Bella and I were asked to go play baseball with the Cullens."

For some reason, Billy didn't seem to like them, Jacob walks out and sees his face "E going to hang with the Cullens again." he asks patting me on the shoulder, I nod "You know it." I say standing.

"No you're not." says Billy, I close my eyes and turn around "Please, you wanted me to spend time with Bella, I like spending with Bella, but how can I do that if I don't go with her and her boyfriend's family?"

Billy seems even more annoyed by the mention of Bella dating Edward. It's been what? two, three weeks since we've met the family and he still can't get over it "Please? You want me to get that A for history, Jasper's my partner."

Billy considered this before sighing and nodding. Jacob and I beam and head outside "If you want you can take on of the bikes." he suggested, my face lights up "You finish one?"

"Yeah. I was hesitant on telling you because I noticed a couple of days ago you booked a plane ticket to Arizona."

I stop on a dime and turn to him, I booked because at the moment I was sure "Jacob...I did that on an impulse, and I'm starting to think...I don't want to leave Forks." I admit. Jacob's face turns to one of shock "What?"

"I mean Hayden, Peter, and I are supposed to be the band for Prom and I admit that for once I've made friends and connections and your family is amazing...So yeah." I say with still a little uncertainty.

Jacob smiles and hands me the keys to the bike "Enjoy and I'll see you for dinner."

"For dinner," I repeat and head towards the bike. When getting on and starting it up the bike purrs to life, I nod slowly as I rev the engine "Oh yeah."

I quickly follow the directions Bella sent me to an open field. Storm clouds gather in the sky as I pull to an enormous field in the lap of the Olympic peaks. The Cullens and Bella were already there.

"Hey! Sweet ride!" shouts Emmet. Esme comes over to greet me giving me a hug "Good to see you, Eva. Now Bella's already taken umpire if you want to be the scorekeeper." she suggests, I walk with her over to the side of the field.

I smile "Um, how about announcer, snarky remarks, jokes here and there?"

"Perfect."

Everyone gets in their places and Jasper stands next to me as the game begins. A deep rumble of thunder shakes the forest. I pick up a stick off the ground as everyone turns to me "Good day sports fans, it is a fighting day on the pitch for regular people, but a great day for Vampire baseball!!!" I shout.

Everyone laughs. And as the game begins I realize quickly that it's extraordinary. Bella stays by Esme who plays catcher. Alice pitches with lightning-fast speed. Edward and Emmett take positions in the outfield.

Rosalie smashes the ball with the aluminum bat. It cracks like thunder and is followed directly by real thunder. My eyes widen and I raise the stick to talk "You see that folks gotta be a home run!"

The ball shoots like a meteor deep into the forest, rocketing through the trees. Edward disappears after it. Rosalie darts around the bases, almost a blur. Jasper leans over talking "Just wait."

Edward races out of the forest with the ball and whips it to the home plate. 

WHAP!

Esme catches it a millisecond before Rosalie slides in.

They all look to Bella who nods "You're out."

"AND IT'S OUT FOLKS!!!"

Carlisle was up next and hits a line drive. Edward and Emmett race for the catch, diving 15 feet and colliding with such might that it sounds like enormous boulders falling. They miss the ball, Dr. C is safe!

"Looks like an out on the field for the E boys what will they do next!!! Next up to bat is Jasper, I don't think any of that training the army gave him will help him here folk!" I shout. Jasper looks to me hurt and shakes his head "Shut up."

He twirls the bat and whacks the next pitch deep into the forest. I shout out of pure joy as Edward starts to chase it, but then Alice suddenly Gasps and shouts "Stop!"

Everyone turns and with their vampiric speed rushes back to the home plate. Alice joins and explains "They were leaving and then they head us."

Who?

When?

What?

Edward quickly instructs Bella to put her hair down and holds her close, I look to Jasper "J, what's going on?" I ask, he bites his lip and shakes his head "We shouldn't have brought you both here." he says pushing me behind him.

"Jasper what's wrong-"

"Stay quiet."

I wanted to protest but suddenly, we all turn as one toward the edge of the forest. There's a faint rustle then three people emerge. As they near, I see their bare feet, then the deep red of their eyes. The center male holds up the baseball.

"I believe this belongs to you," he says and tosses the ball (his casual toss is still blindingly fast) to Carlisle who easily catches it and smiles politely "Thank you."

The man continues "I'm Laurent. This is Victoria. And James."

Carlisle nods "I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us." 

"Our apologies. We didn't realize the territory had been claimed."

"Yes, we maintain a permanent residence."

The three newcomers exchange a look of surprise.

"Really? Well, we won't be a problem anymore."

"The humans were tracking us, but we led them East. You should be safe." says Victoria, so they were the murders everyone was talking about.

"Could you use three more players?" Laurent asks, everything hung in the air as Laurent pushes "Come on just one game."

I gulp and look to Edward his eyes were locked on James. I could feel Jasper grab my hand as his eyes were also locked on the same target. Carlisle sighs "Sure. A few of us were leaving anyway. We'll bat first." he says and throws the ball at Laurent, which lightning speed Victoria catches it making me flinch.

"I'm the one with the wicked curveball."

Emmett nods "We'll see about that."

Within the excitement of the new game, Carlisle nods to Edward and Jasper. Jasper clutching my hand begins to lead me away first as to not draw attention. Once a fairway away a breeze blows. Bella's hair ruffles and so does mine.

I look back to see James stop and his nostrils flaring, excitedly, eyes locked on Bella and I. He begins towards us "You brought snacks."

All the Cullens push Bella back behind them, while Jasper and I don't move. James growls back. Laurent and Victoria line up behind James.

"They're with us. I think it best if you leave," states Carlisle.

"Yes, I can see the game is over. We'll go now. James?" commands Laurent. But James' eyes don't leave Edward or Jasper. Laurent puts a hand on James' shoulder, and finally, James backs into the woods with his cohorts, disappearing. Once they're gone, Esme immediately gathers up the bats.

Carlisle faces the boys again "Get the girls out of here. We'll follow them."

Jasper quickly leads me over to the bike while Bella and Edward head for the jeep. I look to Jasper "What so he's chasing us now?" I ask.

"I could feel it, Edward's and I's reaction set him off. James lusts for the hunt." Jasper explains. I pull at him "What does that mean?"

Jasper grabs my shoulder holding me still "We're a large clan of strong fighters all protecting two vulnerable humans. We just made this his most exciting hunt ever. My job right now is to get you away from Forks."

Away from Forks, but then Jacob will think I stole his bike to run away. But if not James would follow my scent there, Jasper quickly gets on the bike as he explains the plan "We can tell your family something to cover for you-"

"There's already something." I state, Jasper looks up at me as I continue "About a week ago I bought a plane ticket to Arizona, it was the cheapest flight, Jasper I'm so sorry. But I can easily call Jacob and said I drove there on the bike." I admit to, Jasper didn't seem to care about it right now.

I get on the bike behind him and hold on as he speeds us off. I bite my lip at the thought of leaving, I never wanted this, for once I wanted to say somewhere. Jasper looks back at me for a second  "I know and I'm so sorry." he admits.

I had to remember the friends I made, Jess, Mike, Eric, Anglea, Hayden and his friend Peter. I bury my head into Jasper's shoulder trying not to cry, but everyone would be okay if we left. 

That's what's best.

Even if it puts me back on the run.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 7.6K 29
||Book one in The Protectors Series ||Twilight ||COMPLETED: October 3, 2017 CURRENTLY BEING EDITED. ❝Seventeen, running from innocence, like it's a...
131K 2.8K 22
Fifteen year old Maddie Hunter lost her parents when she was five years old due to a house fire. She was saved from sharing the same fate and was pla...
508K 9.5K 44
"Forever?" Jasper asked holding tightly on my hand. "I'm forever and always yours" A smirk appeared on his pale white face from my responses. Suddenl...