Your Venom

By ShrinkingViolet

Lexie Moon seems perfect but everything in her life is fake. Her parents divorce is destroying her and her sc... More

Your Venom.
Your Venom - Chapter Two
Your Venom - Chapter Three
Your Venom - Chapter Four
Your Venom - Chapter Five
Your Venom - Chapter Six
Your Venom - Chapter Seven
Your Venom - Chapter Eight
Your Venom - Chapter Nine
Your Venom - Chapter Ten
Your Venom - Chapter Eleven
Your Venom - Chapter Twelve
Your Venom - Chapter Thirteen
Your Venom - Chapter Fourteen
Your Venom - Chapter Fifteen
Your Venom - Chapter Sixteen
Your Venom - Chapter Seventeen.
Your Venom - Chapter Eighteen
Your Venom - Chapter Nineteen
Your Venom - Chapter Twenty
Your Venom - Chapter Twenty One
Your Venom - Chapter Twenty Two
Your Venom - Chapter Twenty Three
Your Venom - Chapter Twenty Four
Your Venom - Chapter Twenty Five
Your Venom - Chapter Twenty Six
Your Venom - Chapter Twenty Seven
Your Venom - Chapter Twenty Eight
Your Venom - Chapter Thirty
Your Venom - Chapter Thirty One
Your Venom - Chapter Thirty Two
Your Venom - Chapter Thirty Three
Your Venom - Chapter Thirty Four
Your Venom - Chapter Thirty Five
Your Venom - Chapter Thirty Six.
Your Venom - Chapter Thirty Seven
Your Venom - Chapter Thirty Eight
Your Venom - Chapter Thirty Nine
Your Venom - Chapter Forty

Your Venom - Chapter Twenty Nine

1.8K 7 0
By ShrinkingViolet

Hey guys!

Seriously can not thank you enough for all the votes, comments and reads!

Honestly, I'm so greatful!

Thank you, please keep on commenting and reading!

Enjoy the next chapter, ox

Chapter Twenty Nine: Resting.

Things have gone from bad to worse in the last few weeks. With all of us taking careful watches and none of us able to feed, we've all become irritable. The arguments have stretched on, with everybody ignoring each other for hours on end, and the arguments sometimes leading to possible fights, having to be broken up by the by standers.

The craving for blood has become too much, all of us wanting the one thing that seems so far away. Red refuses to change our course, promising we'll be hitting civilisation but nobody believes him, all of us tired, irritable and consumed in temptation.

* * * * *

Waking up, I moan, wishing I could sleep for longer but knowing I won't be able to drift off again. I sit up and see Seth on his watch, his body facing away from me as he keeps an eye on the door to the barn. His body is leaning forward and he yawns, struggling to stay awake. Smiling, I get up and walk over to him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey babe" I say, kissing the top of his head before going and sitting next to him. I lean against him and he smiles, his arm around my shoulder as he yawns again. "Go and get some sleep" I say and he shakes his head.

"I have to finish my watch" he replies and I roll my eyes.

"I'll do it. There is no way I'll be able to drift off now, you might as well go and get some" I say.

"I can't expect you to take over, honey" he yawns.

"Just go. You'll regret it later when we start walking" I say and he nods, kissing the top of my head.

"Thank you. Sure you'll be Ok?" he asks and I nod, watching him go over to his sleeping bag and drifting off.

Sitting back into the watch, I listen for any unusual noises. As I sit in the watch, I start to worry about everything that could go wrong right now and how we'd handle it. If there was an attack we'd all be killed, none of us can fight like this. I sigh, wishing we could get to a town and feed, bring up our strength again.

Shivering from the thought of an attack, I try and move my mind on to something else. I settle on home, thinking about my family. Have my parents noticed I'm gone? Have they done anything to try and find me? Or are they too caught up in their divorce, as usual? Has Dexter noticed? Of course he has, he's the only one that cared about me.

I think about school, wondering if they've broken up for the summer yet. I think about Casey, unsure if she's still angry with me or simply doesn't care. I wonder if her and Rex are together yet, judging from the signs she gave after I dumped him. How are Mitzy and Rose? Is Casey taking her anger out on them, as usual? Maybe they're all in Spain, just like we planned earlier this year.

I sigh, realising how much my life has changed in such a small amount of time. Earlier this year all I cared about was my popularity and I lost that. My only worry was Rex and my fake relationship, but now that's over. I planned to go to Spain and relax, but now I'm on the run, killing humans and the vampires who are hunting me.

Although there are negatives, there are positives. Casey was never a friend, she was more of a boss than a friend. Rex wasn't a boyfriend, he was just being used as one.

But now I have the gang. Red, Logan, Meadow and Dustin aren't just my protectors, they're my friends. And Seth . . . Seth is a proper boyfriend, somebody who I love and care for, not just somebody I'm using to get higher up on the social chain.

Somebody stirs from behind me and I look back to see Red sitting up and stretching. I smile, turning back round and keeping a watch. "Morning" Red says, walking towards me and sitting down.

"Morning" I reply, trying to keep my tone bright.

"How come you're keeping watch? I thought it was Seth's turn?" he asks and I shrug.

"I woke up and offered to take over. He looked exhausted, didn't want him falling asleep on the job" I say and he laughs lightly.

"You should go back to sleep, you look tired too" Red says and I shake my head.

"I'm Ok. I won't get back to sleep anyway. Although, you should take your own advice, you look shattered" I say and he laughs again.

"Nah, I need to check the maps" he sighs. "Although, I don't think it'll do much good, my course isn't exactly keeping everyone happy. However, I haven't heard you complain"

"I guess I know that you're doing this to keep us safe. Sure, it might not be the most easy route, what with the lack of hunting opportunities, but it's the safest. We have somewhere to sleep every night instead of under the stars, in open danger. I know you're only picking this route because you want us safe, because you care about us" I say and he smiles.

"I know I want you guys safe but I'm putting you at risk by not keeping our strengths up" he sighs.

"Don't worry about that. We complain and stuff but we know that we'd be in so much more danger if we picked another route" I reply.

"Thank you, Lexie" he says and I smile.

* * * * *

"Urgh, I think I'm going to die!" Meadow complains and I bite my lip to try not to snap at her.

"We'll be at a town soon" Red promises as we sit under a tree, applying more sun cream.

"How much longer?" Dustin asks.

"We could get there today but we'd have to really push ourselves, give it everything we've got. I'm not sure we can do that" Red says and I sigh.

"Realistically, we can do it but it comes at a cost. We'd have to use the last of our strength" Logan adds, looking over the maps.

We sit back, the news not what we wanted to hear. I lean against Seth, wishing the town was closer. He plays with my hair and fight the bitter tears that threaten to appear, not wanting to cry about it in front of everyone. Meadow stomps off, evidently angry about Red picking this route, and Dustin follows, trying to calm her down.

"I've done this so wrong" Red sighs, walking off and I feel a pang of guilt for him.

"Red, come back" I call and he pauses, looking at me.

"What?" he asks.

"Don't walk off, mate. You've not done this wrong. We understand, it's just that the blood lust is getting to all of us and we're very irritable today" Seth says and Red comes back, sitting down and looking angry at himself.

"No point worrying about the route. We'll get there soon. Why don't we cut this break and leave now? It might help us get there quicker" I suggest and Red nods.

Meadow isn't happy about us cutting the route but agrees, knowing we might have a hope of getting to the town today. Struggling to even walk, I find it hard to believe I'm meant to be pushing myself. Seth keeps his hand tight on mine, helping me as I stumble around. I'm meant to be the strongest and yet everyone is helping me? I sigh, wondering how that works.

* * * * *

"I can smell it!" Meadow says excitedly.

"Oh my goodness, that has to be the best smell on earth" Logan sighs and I smile, looking at the huge town in the distance.

"Everyone up to it?" Red asks and we all nod. The town gives us something to work towards, getting closer with every step.

The smell is lovely, the blood calling to me as my cravings increase, the temptation helping me along.

* * * * *

We find an old factory to hide out in, dumping our stuff and a making beds before we leave. Red, Seth and I slit from the others, both of them wanting to keep an eye on me as we hunt for the first time in weeks. We travel around the large town, looking for dark alleys and unsuspecting humans. "I love window shopping" Red says gravely, looking at the humans we pass with hunger in his eyes. I shiver at the term, but continue looking for alleys, finding a few but knowing they're too close to the town centre. We'd be easily caught.

Finding a suitable alley, we perch ourselves and wait. The hunt begins.

* * * * *

Three humans later, I start to make my way back to the factory with the others. My temptation is satisfied and I feel a lot better. Seth smiles at me, holding my hand as we weave through the town.

When we to the factory, the others are waiting for us, everyone in better moods than they were before. We sit in a circle, talking about everything and anything, none of us particularly caring about the conversation, just wanting to reconnect after weeks of ignoring each other and snapping.

"Do we have to move on tomorrow?" Dustin asks.

"What do you mean?" Red asks.

"I just wanted to know whether we could stay here for a few days" Dustin explains. "I mean, we could all do with a few days rest and I doubt anyone is tracking us at the moment. If they are, who cares? We're all well fed and it we're rested we won't be defeated"

"I agree with him. We deserve a break" Meadow says.

"So do I. I say we make the most of this situation, hunt some more and rest. None of us wants to get like how we were" Logan agrees.

"Plus, I could train. I need some more of it, you and Logan promised to teach me and we haven't had the time. This could be the perfect time to start" I add and Red nods.

"I have to say, it sounds like a good idea. Why not make the most of it, as Logan said?" Red says and we all smile, liking the sound of this new plan.

* * * * *

"Go!" Red shouts and Logan attacks me, locking my hands behind my back. I stay clam, raising my leg and kicking him in the chest, weaving out of his hands before he's sent flying back into a wall, the sound echoing around the room. I smile, leaping across the space and sitting on Logan's chest, locking his hands above his head as I breathe over his neck. "Good. Go again" Red says and I wait for Logan to attack. He jumps on my back and pushes me to the ground, pinning me down. But not all is lost. I raise my legs and kick him in the chest again, rolling on to him and pinning him down.

He laughs and we cut for a break, Red and Logan talking excitedly about how fast I've picked up the new skills. Seth comes over and wraps his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close and kissing the top of my head. "Fancy a break from this?" he asks and I nod, wondering what he has in mind. "Lets go" he adds and I raise an eyebrow.

"Hang on, we can't just leave" I say, looking at Red.

"Of course we can" he says, pulling me up and taking me out of the factory.

"Back before dark!" Red calls and I smile, thinking about how much of a parent he sounds.

* * * * *

"I can't believe we're here" I breathe.

"What did you think we'd be doing?" he asks, smiling at me.

"Anything but this! It's so . . ." I pause, lost for the right word.

"Normal?" he suggests.

"Exactly!" I exclaim and he laughs.

"Well, you're right, it is very normal" he says and I laugh too.

We're sitting in a restaurant, the waiters passing us with weird looks, taking in our old, dirty, sweaty camping gear and turning up their noses. Seth holds my hand under the table while I gaze round, feeling self conscious as every one looks at me, whispering and wondering.

"I honestly can't believe we're here" I say and he laughs again.

"Why not?" he asks, smiling curiously at me.

"We're meant to be on the run, not sitting back and relaxing, not sitting in a restaurant and acting normal. It's just very surreal at the moment" I say, trying to take it all in.

"We may be on the run but it doesn't mean we can't do things like this" Seth shrugs. "Now, what are you going to order?"

Both of us order steaks, asking for them rare and patiently waiting. Seth keeps an eye on me as humans pass and the temptation kicks in. But it's not as strong as before. I hunted yesterday so the temptation is kept under control, still there and trying to turn me, but controllable.

The steak is wonderful, bloody and juicy. I ignore the salad and the chips, focusing on the huge piece of meat on my plate that leaves me wanting more. Seth watches me with a careful eye as soon as the blood touches my tongue, making sure the blood doesn't make me wild and full of temptation, making sure it doesn't persuade me to attack a human.

Of course, he shouldn't worry. The blood is enough for me and, if anything, it satisfies me so I don't want any more. Seth pays and I wonder where he got the money from. I raise an eyebrow as he pays and tips the waiter, but he just smiles and shrugs, taking me hand and leading me away.

We walk through town for a bit before going to the park. I lay on the grass beside him and he smiles, pulling me close and kissing me. We talk for ages, making the most of our alone time, something we very rarely have.

"We should be getting back" I sigh as the sun starts to set.

"I suppose so" he replies, looking disappointed.

"We can go out tomorrow. We still have a couple more days to rest" I say lightly and he smiles.

We walk back slowly, wanting to make every second count before we go back. When we do get back every body is looking anxious, watching the sky and then the door.

"Where the hell have you been? I said back before dark!" Red shouts and I can't help but laugh.

"Sorry, it's just that you sound like a parent" I laugh and that starts Seth off.

"I guess you're right" Red smiles as the others join in with the laughter.

"We're going hunting, you two coming?" Logan asks and I look at Seth, who shakes his head and then winks at me. It takes a while to click but when it does, I smile at him. More alone time.

The others leave and when they do, Seth scoops me into his arms and kisses me, making me giggle as he carries me to the centre of the room. As he goes to kiss me, I yawn, blushing slightly as he laughs.

"You should sleep" he says and I shake my head.

"I don't want to waste this" I reply.

"Lexie, you need to sleep. Like you said, we still have a couple more days" he reminds me and I sigh.

We come a compromise. I'm on Seth's lap, the sleeping bag wrapped around me, as he takes the watch and spends time with me.

* * * * *

Things are great for the next few days. My days are spent training and resting, spending as much time with Seth as possible. We decide that we should rest more often, staying in every town we reach for a maximum of three days, just to rest and hunt. Nobody has any complaints about this new plan, although Red worries about being 'sitting ducks'.

Nobody bothers us as we stay and there are none of the usual arguments, everyone feeling at ease as we sit about and do nothing, besides hunting. Yeah, being on the run became a lot easier . . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
190M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
5.4K 248 6
Tvd x to x tw In which the Scooby gang, the Mikaelson's and the pack watch the life of Charlotte Stilinski. The biological daughter of Derek Hale and...
3.8M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...