I Used To be Best Friends Wit...

By MiaCaesar

Josephine and Finnick used to be best friends when they were children. Then Finnick moved to the palace. Befo... More

I Used To be Best Friends With the Prince
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's Thank You Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 Pt. 1
Chapter 30 Part 2
Epilogue
Thank You!
Reasoning
Authors note... again

Chapter 12

3K 87 52
By MiaCaesar

Alright my wonderful people I jsut cruched out another part for my readers because i love you all so very much. It's not the best but i hope you like it!

            “I beg your pardon?”

            “I mean you’re the other woman Finn’s loved. Not some mistress. He told me I wasn’t the first woman he loved,” Ella said sitting on the bench. “I do love him. This isn’t just some play for the throne or his money.”

            “I never said it was,” I said sitting with her. “I’m sorry if I put a wedge in your relationship,” I said.

            “You must hate me,” Ella said.

            “No, I don’t. You’re too nice to hate. I’m glad you love Finn and I can see you make him happy,” I said.

            “Not as happy as you make him though. I saw you two dancing. He cares about you,” Ella said.

            “We were best friends once upon a time,” I said with a small smile.

            “You two were more than just friends. I heard a lot of the conversation,” Ella replied.

            “I’m sorry,” I sighed.

            “It’s ok, it’s hard not to love him. I just hope you don’t hate me and that maybe we can become friends,” Ella said.

            “Like I told Finn, I’m glad you two make each other happy. That’s all I’ve ever wanted for him. However that does not make this any easier for me. In different circumstances I bet we could be very good friends but I care about Finn a lot and it’ll just be hard for me,” I explained.

            “That’s ok. I understand,” Ella nodded.

            “I’m sorry,” I apologized again.

            “It’s not your fault,” She shrugged. Suddenly she hugged me. “Thank you for understanding that I do love him and thank you for not trying to ruin our marriage,” she said.

            “No problem,” I said hugging her back. “Do you mind leaving me alone? I just need some time to compose myself.”

            “Of course, I hope you come back and enjoy the party,” Ella said standing. I nodded and watched her go inside and close the door. Once I was sure it wasn’t going to open anymore I dropped my head into my hands and began to cry.

            “Jo,” I heard someone say from behind me.

            “Go away James, I just need to be alone right now,” I said wiping the tears away as another round began to fall.

            “Josephine, what happened?” he asked coming and sitting down next to me.

            “James you should go back and enjoy the party,” I muttered wiping my eyes again.

            “Not until you tell me what’s wrong,” he said wrapping his arms around me and soothingly rubbed my back.

            “I just had a conversation with Finn and then one with Ella. I admitted I was still in love with him… they both heard it. And then I tried to let Ella down easily about being friends with each other. That was fun,” I sighed.

            “I’m sorry Jojo,” James sighed holding me.

            “It’s fine. I knew it would be hard coming and seeing him after so long and I knew he was engaged and I knew that there was a chance I would still be in love with him. I knew it would all happen. There’s no one to blame but myself,” I said wiping my eyes one more time before standing. “How’s my makeup?” I asked.

            “You look fine,” James said standing up as well.

            “James,” Kira said coming out.

            “Kira you have amazing timing. How is my makeup?” I asked standing up.

            “Have you been crying Josephine?” she asked.

            “Damn it! You lied,” I said turning and facing James.

            “James your mother says you need to mingle with more people,” Kira said looking at him. “Come on Josephine let’s get you cleaned up so you can go mingle as well,” Kira said coming up to me and leading me back inside. We stayed on the outskirts of the party until we got to the doors and then we quickly went to my room. She fixed my makeup and then smiled at me.

            “Want to talk about what happened?” she asked.

            “Not really I just want to go back down and get really drunk and then pass out,” I said while standing up.

            “Are you sure?” she asked.

            “Yup,” I nodded. “Let’s go,” I said. Together we went back to the ball smiling. “I’ll see you around. Thank you for helping clean me up,” I said to Kira and then went to the bar.

            “What can I get you little lady?” the bartender asked smiling at me.

            “Can I get a Jameson on the Rocks?” I asked.

            “Yeah,” he nodded serving me the drink.

            “Thank you,” I smiled swiveling my in chair to watch everyone mingle. I saw James and Kira dancing and laughing, the kind and queen talking to people, and Finn and Ella talking frantically in the corner.

            “Hey you,” Peter said coming up and smiling at me.

            “Hi,” I said smiling.

            “So where did you disappear to?” he asked sitting down next to me.

            “Me and Finn went and talked,” I said taking another big gulp of my drink.

            “Oh,” Peter nodded. “What about?”

            “Our relationship, or him wanting a friendship type thing. And then Ella came out, Finn left, and we had the same type of conversation minus me admitting I’m still in love with him,” I said.

            “Jo, are you ok?” Peter asked looking at me.

            “Of course,” I said. “Bartender!” I called looking at the bartender.

            “Yes?” he asked coming over.

            “Can I get another Jameson?” I asked.

            “Sure thing beautiful,” he said winking at me. He refilled my glass and I took another sip.

            “Thanks,” I nodded.

            “Jo how are you really?” Peter asked.

            “I feel like shit ok Peter? I admitted to my childhood best friend that I am still in love with him and his bride to be heard it all. I knew it was a mistake to come here,” I sighed downing the drink quickly.

            “Want another one beautiful?” the bartender asked seeing my glass was empty.

            “Absolutely,” I nodded.

            Three more refills later I was flat out drunk. “Hey hey Peter, hey Peter. You wanna dance?” I asked and then giggled.

            “I think you’ve had enough to drink tonight missy,” he said taking away my drink before it could be refilled for the seventh time.

            “My name’s not Missy its… holy shit… I can’t remember my name,” I slurred staring at Peter.

            “Your name is Josephine,” Peter said smiling slightly.

            “That’s right. Gosephine… You know what that sounds like? It sounds like gopher seen,” I said and then burst out laughing.

            Peter smiled and then helped me off the stool. “Let’s get you to bed alright beautiful?” he said wrapping his arm around my waist.

            “Okie Dokie Artichokie,” I said and then giggled again. He shook his head as we made our way though the masses. Soon we were out the door and up in my room.

            “Come on, on the bed Jo,” Peter said walking me towards the big bed.

            “But Peter I don’t wanna go to bed,” I pouted fighting weakly against him. When it was obvious I wasn’t going to comply anytime soon Peter swooped me up and tossed me onto the bed. I began laughing loudly as Peter got me a couple water bottles out of the fridge.

            “Drink these,” he said opening one and handing it to me. I Drank down the cool liquid and then looked at Peter.

            “I think I’m gonna be sick,” I groaned scrambling up and stumbling to the bathroom. As soon as I got to the bathroom my stomach tightened and I began to throw up Peter was behind me in seconds holding back my hair and rubbing my back. After a few painful minutes of throwing up and another few minutes of sitting by the toilet to make sure I didn’t throw up again I felt confident I wouldn’t throw up anymore tonight. I swished around some mouthwash that Peter handed me and then he carried me back to the bed.

            “I’ll check on you in the morning ok?” Peter said tucking me in.

            “No, pleaseeee stay,” I said slightly slurred.

            “Alright,” he agreed taking off his shoes, jacket, tie, and shirt and then joining me in bed.

            “Thank you Peter,” I said looking up at him.

I was suddenly very aware of our closeness. I slowly leaned forward until our lips touched. It was nice… better than any other kiss I’d ever experienced. His hands lightly grabbed my waist while mine threaded through his hair. Just before the kiss deepened he pulled away and let out a shaky breath.

“Why’d you stop?” I asked blinking.

“As much as I didn’t want to you’re still intoxicated and you’re hurt. I don’t want this to be a drunken mistake. If we get together I want both of us to be completely sober and totally in our right minds ok?” he said and then kissed my forehead.

“You’re a really good guy Peter,” I said closing my eyes and curling up next to him.

“And you’re one amazing woman Josephine,” Peter said closing his eyes as well.

“That kiss was by far one of the best kisses I’ve ever experienced. Maybe even the best,” I murmured slipping into dreamland.

“That was by far the best kiss I’ve ever had,” Peter whispered just before I crashed.

This last part was somethign i like jsut thought if and i love it! What do you guys thinK? Team Peter or Team Finn? Please Comment, Vote, Check out my other stories and tell your followers and friends about my stories.

Please give me our input. Let me know what you thought about Ella and Jo's conversation and about Peter and Jo in general. Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 239 27
•THIS STORY HAS MANY MISTAKES• •All copyrights reserved• We both head upstairs to the restroom that's right across from my room. "Hey Jack look we h...
36.3K 471 28
When Kate and Finn are reunited after 10 years, will love blossom? Or will the distance between them cause problems?
15.1K 540 32
Troian and Keegan? Best friends. What happens when one day when they realize they love each other, and no longer want to continue with their current...
266K 5.9K 43
It was all supposed to be a normal day for Camilla. But the shocking news of wedding the Prince of Jade Kingdom wasn't something she had in mind. Thr...