For That Special One (Special...

Od theonlyphyn

"I promise I'll come back..." It was a promise she had vowed not to break, because breaking it would break he... Více

For That Special One (Special A Fanfiction)
Chapter 01-Identity
Chapter 02-The Academy
Chapter 03-The New Boy
Chapter 04-I Want To Challenge You Nagisa!
Chapter 05-Confession?!
Chapter 06-Test Or Trip?!
Chapter 07-Your Loss
Chapter 08-Hikari, That Idiot
Chapter 09-A Visit From The Hillocks
Chapter 10-I Can Catch Any Wave But Not His Heart
Chapter 11-Lily Where Are You From?
Chapter 12-Evidence
Chapter 13-The Road Of Honesty And Humiliation
Chapter 14-The Meeting Of The Heirs And Heiresses
~❤~A Special Saint Valentine~❤~
Chapter 15-I'm Back
Chapter 16-Revelation Of Truth
Chapter 17-Caught-Part One
Chapter 17-Caught-Part Two
Chapter 17-Caught-Part Three
Chapter 18-Fighting Over A Holiday Trip
Chapter 19-Forgive Me
Chapter 20-Just A Cup Of Tea
Chapter 21-Summer Plans
Chapter 22-Shocking Summer Holiday
Chapter 23-Hawaii, Land Of Pure Jealousy?
~Chapter 22 In Nagisa's Eyes~
~Chapter 22 & 23 In Kei's Eyes~
~Chapter 23 In Adam's Eyes~
Chapter 24-Summer Job?!
Chapter 25-Fireworks; Autumn Awaits
Chapter 26-Autumn Tea Festival
Chapter 28-Date
Chapter 29-Crush Those Losers
Chapter 30-Sakura's Holiday Treat
Chapter 31-Stories Of The Past
Chapter 32-Nagisa & Ryuu (Final Chapter)
Author's Note

Chapter 27-Family Reunion

166 6 0
Od theonlyphyn

Chapter 27-Family Reunion

{read the A/N if you're confused by the end of the chapter}

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"This isn't going to end well."

Kei nods, understanding the situation. Nagisa's father wasn't welcomed by any of the Takishimas ever since he married, and when his wife was with a child, be it theirs or an adopted kid, he was forced to go out publicly under Sho Alberto, instead of Takishima Sho. His full name, however, still kept his family's name, and his wife's family name. His close friends, and Kei's grandfather knew he changed to Takishima Sho Alberto, just to piss the old man even more.

"Maybe grandfather decided to welcome his son back?" Kei questions, but Nagisa simply shakes her head. She doesn't believe in grandfather suddenly becoming nice to them. She had heard from her parents, who'd always go for a family reunion with her mother's relatives, where her Grandpa Mason Alberto would welcome them with wide arms. Not the strict man who controlled his children's happiness, who couldn't feel happy that her father had found love with someone he didn't get a chance to know because he was that stubborn.

She knew there was something behind Grandfather Takishima's generosity. She just hoped that Grandfather wouldn't take notice of them, but the invitation clearly showed otherwise. They would be in for a show in which her family would be humiliated by her father's relatives and her Grandfather. The entire helicopter journey was long, and extremely quite. Neither Kei or Nagisa uttered a word.

The helicopter took them to a private jet, in which they obediently boarded. Neither wanting to displease their family invitation, even if they disliked it. They set off at two in the afternoon from Japan, which meant that they would reach London by five in the evening.

The cousins sat side by side, separated by an aisle. The stewards on the plane thought they were both tired, but in fact, they were extremely deep in thought. The family reunion worried them. What was it going to be like? Can Grandfather stand being in the presence of the Alberto's, even if only a few members showed up?

The eleven hour-long flight didn't help. As they reached the city of London, there was no time to wander around or familiarise the surroundings. Kei and Nagisa were taken into the mansion, and into different rooms to ready themselves. Nagisa was shocked to have seen an outfit laid out for her, and a vanity with jewellery to match and a collection of makeup items.

Kei stepped out of his room in a navy blue tuxedo the same time Nagisa stepped out of hers. She was in a floor length turquoise gown that was off the shoulder. Long, gold patterns snaked around her medieval-style sleeves as she wore a rounded gold chunky bracelet on her right hand. The dress had an awkward looking slit from the knees, showing off Nagisa's calf and her shiny gold pumps.

"I didn't make the slit on purpose." she says sheepishly. "It tore when I was about to put on my heels."

Kei didn't say much as they were both escorted to the ballroom in which the reunion would occur. Even before they could reach the grand doors of the ballroom, they could hear someone announcing the arrivals of various family members.

"Let's welcome the youngest and most successful man, Takishima Satoru, whose wife couldn't make it today." the announcer said. "Next, we have Sir Mason Alberto and his middle daughter, Mrs Alice Maisy Alberto."

Nagisa's breath hitched as she heard that her grandpa was here, but she let out a sigh as they acknowledged their presence. Before she knew it, she found herself at the doors, two well-dressed men in tailcoats opening the door, their head bent out of respect. She didn't understand why there was a need for such a grand setting for a family reunion. When with her mother's relatives, even a nice picnic where everyone would have fun was a good enough reunion, despite their family's rising status.

"Now we have the future heir, Takishima Kei, son of Takishima Satoru, walking in with..." the announcer hesitated. "A date, I presume."

"Wait, what?" Nagisa could hear her aunt exclaim. Alice Maisy was only a few steps away, and she narrowed her eyes at the announcer. How could he assume Nagisa was a date during a family reunion? A family reunion! No one brings a date to a family reunion! She had learnt about body language during her university years and she could tell the announcer knew who her niece was. He kept looking towards a particular direction, and her grey eyes followed. Low and behold, it was her sister's father-in-law. Alice Maisy came along because she knew things wouldn't end well tonight. A particular man was out to provoke, and she had to do something.

Her intuition was right, and she had to warn her sister. She didn't want a bloody battle that could potentially ruin them. Her father was already fuming mad and drama would only please Nagisa's paternal grandfather. After all, inviting them here was just the beginning.

Nagisa couldn't fit in with her paternal relatives. So she left Kei to find his brother by himself and talk to her aunt and grandpa.

"Grandpa Mason!" she says happily, launching herself into her grandpa's arms. Mason laughs heartily, all the crinkles by his blue-grey eyes showing that he was elated to see his granddaughter.

"I haven't seen you in such a long time, Nagisa." Mason laughs. He was glad of his granddaughter's presence, because he didn't know what he would be capable of doing if he didn't see the innocent child that bound the two families together by marriage. He was well aware of what Samuel Robeguise had done from Alice, but he chatted with her to catch up on what they have missed from the other's life and heard Nagisa's view on Samuel.

Before they knew it, Nagisa's parents arrived. There was a hushed silence as the two walked in, before whispers filled the ballroom.

"Well, since we've nicely invited the Albertos, here's Takishima Sho Alberto, Takishima Satoru's older twin, and his wife, Melissa Alberto." the announcer said, and Nagisa smiled. At least he bothered to recognise and acknowledge her parents.

Nagisa smiled and went to envelop her mother in a hug as they went for some refreshments. Sho, her father, decided to go talk to his relatives, including his twin whom he has not spoken with in more than a decade.

When they were both young, no one could tell Sho and Satoru apart, but as they grew older, their personalities were far from similar. Being one minute older than the Satoru suddenly wasn't the sole difference Sho had with his brother. Indeed, they were both extremely hardworking and talented in the field of business, sharing their love of fighting, but their appearances were no longer the same. Having a baby face meant people not taking you seriously, especially when you're at your first meeting.

Satoru never learnt his lesson from the brothers' first meeting with the Takishima Group. Their opinions were taken lightly, since they both had their beards cleanly shaved, their gel-less hair giving them an even more youthful appearance. Sho didn't like it. He didn't want to stay the baby faced, cute boy his older relatives fawned over. He wanted to be the mature businessman ready to take on the world.

From then on, Sho gelled his hair to give himself a more professional look, and kept his facial hair neat to look more mature. Even then, he wasn't satisfied, he even wore glasses to make sure he had the look of a businessman, rather then the childish look his twin brother had. Their father always thought Satoru would be more outstanding, but it was Sho who had more potential.

Grandfather always thought Sho would be the one taking over. He changed his mind the moment the twins brought their future wives. He didn't approve of Midori, Satoru's girlfriend, but when Sho arrived, he approved immediately.

Grandfather's biggest mistake was to allow Sho to expand to America by himself. He had met Melissa Alberto, and fell deeply in love with the American beauty. Melissa was beautiful, but it was not what he wanted. He wanted to keep the Japanese tradition, for his sons to marry Japanese women for the continuation of the bloodline, the proper traditions despite being based in both London and Japan.

Midori, despite her tomboyish looks, was welcomed into the family, but Melissa would change their family. Grandfather didn't want that. And because of Grandfather unwilling to give Sho his happiness, the future leader of the Takishima Group was gone. He didn't leave without a trace, because in three months, a man named Sho Alberto set up a company that was to be based in Hawaii.

It could've beaten the Takishima Group, but Sho refused the support Mason Alberto wanted to give. It showed how much potential Sho had, because Sho's company was directly below the Takishima Group. If not for Kei, the Takishima Group would've been tied.

Grandfather would do anything to stop Nagisa from helping the company, to give her problems. He would have to consult his specialists. He couldn't hand Sho the title of being on top with a silver platter. He didn't want it to be handed over. Satoru was trained under him more intensely after Sho left. The younger boy couldn't possibly lose.

"Satoru." Sho greeted his brother stiffly, noticing how his twin still stayed baby faced at the age of thirty-five. Satoru's face was smooth, his face extremely well shaven. His hair was still the childish and youthful one they had when they were seventeen. He was already twice as old, what was he trying to do?

"Sho!" Satoru exclaims happily, smiling brightly at his twin. Sho looked so old, as if they weren't the same age. "Do they ask you to dress up as sailor girls when you're late? Or place that idea in proposals? I can't believe that they think I'd look pretty for a girl! And a young one at that!"

"No, they don't." Sho replied. He disliked how Satoru could be so naïve and whiny. In five years, they would be forty. When would that man even mature!

"Oh come on!" Satoru says, angering his twin a little more. "Do you always keep the beard and the glasses? I mean, don't you want to look more youthful rather than like a grandfather?"

Well, Sho wanted to snap at his twin, at least they don't ask a thirty-five year old man to dress up as a sailor girl!

Ten years. They haven't seen each other in more than ten years. Satoru never changed. Sho never changed. Both personality and appearance were no different from when they were nineteen.

"Has life been easy on you?" Satoru asks. Sho could see that he was genuine, and it was one of the attempts he made to seem serious.

"Life's never easy. It wasn't handed over on a silver platter." Sho says coldly. He never liked being born rich. It meant that he would never grow up to learn how it was to fight for your education, your chance to chase your dreams. Sho didn't like how Satoru didn't appreciate it.

However, his mindset wavered slightly when Nagisa was born. He wanted to give her the world, but still teach her how to appreciate it. Even his daughter, half as old as Satoru, could think of being more appreciative than the twin who was a minute younger than he was.

He didn't even notice when he unconsciously looked towards the direction of his only daughter, talking to his wife, Melissa. It was then he knew for sure, coming back was worth it, and not once did he regret leaving the Takishima Group for Melissa. It brought him more happiness than being the head of the Takishima Group.

"You really love them both, don't you?" Satoru says, smiling brightly. "It's so sweet! Fatherly love, and true love that still persists in the ever changing world! Most people claim this kind of love is rare in businessman, but Sho...you are special!" Satoru's voice was slightly high-pitched at the end, and Sho could only shake his head.

For a moment, Sho thought his twin was being okay, chatting as if he was a normal human being. He was so wrong.

"There is nothing special from loving my family." Sho replies, his voice extremely monotonous to show Satoru that he was annoyed.

"You left for that special one!" Satoru exclaims happily, oblivious to his irritated brother. "I mean, that special lady over there that brought you happiness more than any arranged marriage!"

Sho continued to glare at his twin as the young looking man known as Takishima Satoru, the top of the Takishima Group, gushed over his love story. Thankfully this was just a family reunion, not as embarrassing as meeting in a public or business-related event.

However, no matter how whiny and childish Satoru always acted, he would forever be Sho's younger brother, his twin. Sho didn't want his brother's personality in any other way. Come to think of it, Satoru seemed more like the rightful candidate to lead the Takishima Group. Sho was never the type to like inherited the hard work of others. He'd rather do it himself.

"It was nice to see you again." Sho admitted quietly. Satoru smiled as he heard every word from his awkward brother. It was nice to see him too.

"Nice to see you, Mason Alberto. Thought I'd never see you in the flesh after I rejected your daughter from being one of us." Grandfather slides next to Mason, who's sipping some champagne. Mason wanted to shake his hand, because he felt obliged to. After all, they were in-laws, even if he didn't approve of Sho marrying Melissa.

"Yeah, it is. I never expected myself to come to one of the Takishima family reunions you organise. Especially one out of the blue." Mason says, hinting his unhappiness.

"Oh, Mason. I can assure you this was not out of the blue. I mean, I've planned this day for a few weeks with Aoi and Samuel. Oops."

Mason glared at Grandfather. He wouldn't flare up. It would mean giving in, soiling the reputation he, as the head of the Alberto family had built up over the years. Mason was a man worth respecting, and he would do anything to keep his role model position. His story of literally starting from scratch since his family declared bankruptcy to his high position now made many admire him. Including his son-in-law Sho and granddaughter Nagisa.

If it was a reaction Grandfather wanted, an unexpected reaction Mason would give. Before he knew it, Grandfather hushed the room, having all eyes on him as he walked towards Sho and Melissa. Nagisa and Alice were both holding each other back from making a move. Mason smiled. Alice must've told Nagisa to confirm the younger girl's suspicion.

"Well, at least someone showed up after...I can't even remember the years since you last stepped in, Sho." Grandfather speaks as he walks towards Sho and Melissa. "And isn't it wonderful to have you here Melissa, and a pity that Midori couldn't make it."

Nagisa's eyes narrowed as she glared at Grandfather. What was he trying to do? It was just a family reunion, and he couldn't keep it at that.

"It is fantastic to have your father, Mason and your younger sister Alice Maisy to join us. However, we would rather not have your weird ways mingling with us." Grandfather speaks, smirking evilly at Nagisa and her grandpa, who joined her and her aunt Alice. "We Takishimas prefer our families close by. If anyone moves to another country, the family moves. If their job forces them elsewhere, either their entire family move along, or they go alone. We don't support having our family so widespread."

"Yeah!" a voice said in the crowd. None of the Albertos could make out who it was. "I heard that the main family stays in America!"

"And while Sho is travelling all around the world, his wife is in Hawaii. And what precious daughter is that adopted girl if she's in Japan?" Grandfather pointed out. The room erupted in chaos, everyone commenting on how Nagisa's family wasn't living together. Grandfather was staring down at Grandpa Mason.

He was waiting for one of the Albertos to break and get angry.

Never did they expect Sho to crack from the anger and the thick tension in the air. Melissa tried to grab his arm, but he shook her off. He walked right up to Grandfather, and glared at him.

"Nagisa's my own flesh and blood, she's not adopted!" Sho shouts loudly, and the entire room was silent. "You have no right to insult my family, because last I checked, you were all focused on business rather than family bonding!"

"Last you checked?" Grandfather scoffed at his son. "That was what? More than ten years ago?"

"Well, at least he admitted to lying about adopting his daughter!" someone else pointed out from the crowd, and there was astonished gasps throughout the ballroom.

"She wasn't adopted? How could he lie to his own family members?"

"How can anyone even trust Sho if he wasn't even honest about his daughter's identity?"

"Can't believe Sho's like this. I bet it's that American woman's fault. She and her family must've bewitched him with their ways."

Nagisa cracked next. And she couldn't help it.

"Stop saying such bad things about my parents!" she shouts, effectively silencing the whole room. Alice stands behind her, smirking. "At least they love each other. And it was unconditional, it wasn't arranged for them!"

"What do you know about adults, you child!" Grandfather spat at Nagisa. "You didn't even deserve to be born!"

Kei was slightly distanced from the commotion, with his father and Sui, who was clutching his arm tightly.

"Why is Grandfather doing this to them, Kei?" Sui asked his older brother. Kei couldn't even bring himself to answer. For once, he didn't know what to do to help his cousin. They were already badly humiliated, as Grandfather's word was as good as law.

He couldn't do anything to his Grandfather, his elder. It was the respect he was taught, but the behaviour of his cousin's family and his uncle was understandable. Grandfather angered them and humiliated them so bad even a normal person would lash out, filial piety or respect forgotten in the heat of the moment.

"Father, you invited us here for a family reunion, not some gala in which you can just blatantly humiliate my family." Sho says calmly, but anyone could see the anger and hurt flashing in his eyes, as Melissa holds onto his right arm in an attempt to calm him down.

"And even during a family reunion, your daughter isn't even presentable." Granfather spat back, eyeing Nagisa with distaste. He could see the threads coming out from the slit she made, the lack in effort and makeup. Sure, everyone could tell she was a natural beauty, but he wanted effort. Effort in which the girl didn't have.

"If this is just a fancy ballroom masking every insult you want to throw at us, this isn't the place for us to be." Mason Alberto says, glaring at Sho's father. "If you'll excuse us, we'll take our leave now. I don't see the need to stay here anymore to have my family extremely upset."

One by one, the Albertos filed out. Nagisa spared a glance towards Kei and Sui, but Sho ignored his twin. None of them wanted to stay there any longer. Not with everyone just there to mock them for all the things they see fit to insult them with.

"Before we part again, I think we'll take a train to France, visit someone familiar." Grandpa Mason says, and the rest nod in agreement. They wouldn't want to stay in the Takishima mansion. They've had enough that night with Sho's family, and refused to stay in the grand guest rooms. Even sleeping on the scratchy carpet of a train seemed better than being close to the man who could not even produce a genuine smile when his son found love in such a busy world.

Nagisa smiled at the thought of seeing her Aunt Diana and Uncle Hugh. They moved to France after their marriage and stayed there ever since. Yes, they came over during family reunions and gatherings, but their business was only centred in Europe only.

In less than three hours, they were standing outside the train station and waiting for Diana and Hugh to pick them up. What Nagisa didn't expect was the little six year-old girl that was screaming her name.

"Nagisa! Yay you're here too!" Lily says happily. "Oh and hi mom!"

"Lily!It's so nice to see you!" Nagisa exclaims, rushing to hug her young cousin. However, at the exact same time, Alice had a different view on Lily's presence.

"Lily, aren't you supposed to be asleep in Aunt Diana's house?" Alice asks her daughter, who paled. Lily started giggling, a trait Nagisa saw. The young girl would always do that if she were guilty or had did something and was in denial.

"Well," Lily says slowly, giving her mother the puppy dog look. "Aunt Diana said I could come."

Alice sighed before getting into the car.

The next morning, they had fun in the small family gathering, and everyone was laughing by the time they finished the spread Diana prepared with the cooks.

Nagisa was called off to talk privately with her parents, her aunt Alice and Grandpa Mason before she returned to Japan.

"Nagisa, whatever happened in that London mansion was just to taunt us since your grandfather looks down on all of us. I hope this doesn't affect your relationship with your cousin." Aunt Alice says calmly. "I know your relationship with your cousin Kei has been rather strained since you've only met this year."

Sho and Melissa both smiled at their daughter apologetically. They didn't want her to come, to catch a glimpse of how Sho's family didn't like them, even when Sho was technically disinherited and disowned the moment he chose to leave with Melissa.

"Nagisa, promise us you'll try and be nice to your uncle and cousins. I don't want us adults ruin how you interact with your relatives." Melissa gives her daughter a hug, and Sho comes in to make it a sweet family hug.

"Kiddo." Grandpa Mason places his hand Nagisa's shoulder. "Just leave the adult problems to the adults."

"Sure." she replies, and they all say their goodbyes. Before Nagisa could blink, she found herself at the airport, waiting for the next flight that would take her back to Japan.

Nagisa knew she wouldn't want to destroy the relationship between her and her cousins, Kei and Sui. She couldn't let Grandfather get in the way. If she was affected by him, he would know from her relationship with her cousins. It was all Grandfather, Kei and Sui had absolutely nothing to do with it. She couldn't bring herself to put innocent people in the wrong.

Nagisa filed out of the plane with all the other passengers, not caring about how her back ached from eleven hours sitting economic class and thinking over everything.

When she walked out of the automatic sliding doors, she saw Kei standing there. What was he doing there? Didn't he have better things to do?

"Nagisa." he says, greeting his cousin. "My dad and I decided I should come fetch you back to your apartment, and to apologise about what happened in London."

"I'll be fine." Nagisa replies. Now that she's back, there's more important things to fret over than the utter humiliation in London. Or specifically one thing. Or guy.

{published 06/11/2014}

A/N:
Okay, explanation here.

Basically, in the Special A manga, Kei's father (aka Takishima Satoru) was not a Takishima at all. His wife, Kei's mother (aka Midori) was a Takishima, and Satoru merely married into the family.

Since this is a Fanfiction, I decided to alter it a little bit. Satoru in my fanfic is born a Takishima, and has a twin. His wife, Midori, was supposedly rejected by Grandfather until Sho (aka Nagisa's father, Satoru's twin) brought Melissa for approval.

I hope none of you are confused...but if you are, do message me on wattpad! I'll try and reply and help you understand as soon as possible :)

Next Chapter might come sooner than you think! ;)

Enjoy Reading! Do vote and comment, because I'm participating in the wattys! I may not stand that high a chance, but it doesn't mean I'm giving up on hope completely!

theonlyphyn <3

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

6K 218 8
Hinata and Kageyama start dating their first year of high school. They're happy, living their life as a couple. But who would guess that a simple cla...
45.8K 854 25
She like me but why? No one has ever liked or loved me. "Do you know what did you just say?" I ask so she can take it back. "Yes, yes I know Shota an...
697 29 3
Summary: During his last mission with Class 3-E, Nagisa Shiota's life became a living hell as all of his classmates, except him, were killed by their...
102K 2.7K 26
I'm Alondra Sanchez. Boring and normal human girl. Or so I thought. My sixteenth birthday comes around, and I receive the news that I will be attendi...