Billionaire's Ex-Wife ✓

De QuinnCatcher

Vivian Blanc had always love Liam Everhart ever since she laid eyes on him. With a stroke of luck, Vivian re... Mais

Billionaire Series Information
Introducing Billionaire's Ex-Wife
Billionaire's Ex-Wife
0. Billionaire's Ex-Wife
Prologue
I. Carpe Diem
II. Deviously Handsome
III. Watch My Baby
IV. I'm Vivian
V. Breaking the Chain
VI. Silently Take it
VII. Shape to Perfection
VIII. First Day of Work
IX. Shaddy Promotion
X. She Don't Buy Bullshit
XI. Lack of per se Proper Husband
XII. Like Marriage All Over Again
XIII. Frappuccino Boy
XIV. Something Serious
XV. The Assistant's Assistant
XVI. Humiliation, Threats, and Negligence
XVII. Fifty Cats
XVIII. Russian Spy
XIX. Stalkerish
XX. Not A Person Wall
XXI. I'm Not A Prostitute
XXII. The Golden Gates
XXIII. Another Contract
XXIV. Face Before Taze
XXV. My First Love
Mun Mi and Charlie [Extra1]
Everhart Meets Young [Extra2]
XXVI. Color Red
XXVII. Everyday Emotions
XXVIII. Adoption
XXIX. Blind Date
XXX. Marriage Contract
XXXI. Jackson's Party of the Year
XXXII. All Red
XXXIII. Good Boy
XXXIV. Disgusting
XXXV. Expressing Your Emotions
XXXVI. Lessen the Pain
XXXVII. New Girl
XXXVIII. Gold Platter
XXXIX. Escalation
XL. Horrible Excuse
XLI. Talk to Liam
XLII. Liam's Lover
XLIII. Ice Cream
XLIV. Many Misunderstanding
XLV. Hands of the Laws
XLVI. Fashion Crime
XLVII. Gaspable Situation
XLVIII. Jealous Husband
XLIX. Love Sick
L. Relationship
LII. Talking Drinks
LIII. Girl's Night Out
LIV. Alpha Male Syndrome
LV. Time for a Talk
LVI. How Do You Feel
LVII. Cobbler Night
LVIII. Dealing with Depression
LIX. Caramel Factory
LX. Flat Wheel
LXI. Dinner
LXII. Hell of a Hard Night
LXIII. Going Home
LXIV. Words aren't Tangible
LXV. Revol
LXVI. Princesa
LXVII. Official Date
LXVIII. Stages of Rejection
LXIX. The Detective
LXX. Old Visiters
LXXI. Ding. Ding. Fucking. Ding.
LXXII. Non-Existence
LXXIII. Golden Spoon
LXXIV. Child Negligence
LXXV. Expresso
Epilogue: Pair Bond
author's note

LI. Background Check

5.6K 243 44
De QuinnCatcher

Vivian's POV:

Waking up naked beside Liam was something I never thought would happen again, but nonetheless, here we are.

Naked.

Staring at each other.

And never would I believe in my ears; particularly when Liam asked: "Let's produce an infant together."

Infant? What the fuck?

And never would I believe the words coming out of my mouth, which was: "Infant? What the fuck? You mean baby, right?"

Then again, I'm getting ahead of myself.

The month started out the same, but it was colder than ever with the arrival of winter. Plus, there is also the fact that we are living in the bay.

I exhaled, feeling the numerous amount of bags underneath my eyes which made me exhale once more. Each day, I was basically crawling to work.

Ever since our-not-a-date at the restaurant where Liam approved of the questionable relationship between us at work, I wasn't able to face him. I was much too frustrated, angry, and oddly happy to even express the emotions. With each interaction, my face was always twisted the other way.

Then, there is also a fantastic problem at home.

Lisa's actions weren't out of the ordinary, and it seems that the guys are warming up on her. It still bothered me that Liam and Lisa knew each other but refused to talk about it. Plus, there is also the matter that I would be probing too much if I was asking.

The door open and Amoli basically danced inside. She stopped when she noticed my presence. "Hi," she said with the biggest smile in the world.

"How was the date with Matt?"

She shrugged, "Just another day."

"Oh, really," my voice was dripping was sarcasm. "So, the plan?"

"What?"

"The...plan?"

Amoli took a few blinks before chuckling. "Yeah. The plan."

I sat up from the bed, noticing how Marisa was sitting upward in her crib. "Amoli," my voice was stern.

"I know what you're going to say."

"I doubt it."

"I think Matt is changing."

My face told her exactly how I was feeling about this whole situation.
"And I know you don't believe me. But, if you were to go out with us tonight."

"Woah." I place a finger in the air to stop her. "Woah. Woah. Woah."
Amoli grabbed my hands as her eyes shine brightly. "Matt suggests an idea-" that fucker "You, me, him, and Liam-"

I threw my hands away, "Woah!" I shouted, not once but many times, "Woah. Woah. Woah. Hold the phone!" I laughed. "The four of us-" I circulated my finger and shook my head with a smile on my face, "No."

Amoli frowned.

"Don't you frown. You know how I feel about Matt and Liam."

"Yes. You prefer to minimize the time spent together with them."

"If you get it. Why are you asking me to-" I splatter out nonsense.

"Because-" she stood up in front of me, "I want you to see it yourself that Matthew Greyson is becoming a better man."

I folded my arms, "Li, we've known Matthew Greyson since high school. There is no way-"

"Viv-" her tone was low, "We promise we would support each other relationship. I was there for you through your whole Liam's phase. Is it so hard for you to be there for me when I like another guy?"

It wasn't a lie. Amoli was there from the beginning to the end. She was there for every teardrop, every late night tv show binge when Liam wasn't home, pick up every phone call. She never once complained when I balled myself inside her bedroom and cried about Liam.

I exhaled, "Fine. Dinner."

Amoli smiled and clasped her hands together. "We are going to have the best time."

"Can I at least know why Liam is there?"

Amoli shrugged, "Matt suggested it." She can clearly see the displeasure on my face. I don't know if she notices it or not, but things aren't great between Liam and me. "I'm not going to ask you to be nice or force you to talk to Liam. Just be there for dinner and get to know Matt a little bit better."

When Amoli left and with the door closed, I scowled the word: "Evil."
Because that's what Matthew Greyson is - the reincarnation of all that is sinful.

He knows Liam, and I aren't in decent talking terms right now despite our minor bonding due to work. I know in his sick mind, he is enjoying this like a comedy play.

After work, Liam and I went back to the house to prepare for our not-a-date.

"Why did you agree?" I asked him inside the car.

"Because I enjoy the restaurant, Matt suggested."

I lifted a brow, "Really?"

"Yes."

"This is not a date." I clarify the status between us.

He nodded, "Yes, I know."

When I reached my bedroom, it looked like a tornado attack it. There were clothes everything along with makeup scattering across the bathroom counter. I look at Lisa, "What happened? Did a rabid dog got in?"

"Oh!" I can hear Amoli's voice from the walk-in closet. She rushed out, "Which one?" She held up two dress.

"The blue?"

"Why do you sound so uncertain?"

"The blue," I put more power in my voice.

She looked at both dress and grunted. Immediately, she rushed back inside. I exhaled and went to take a shower. After washing my hair, I grabbed the shaver. I stood there, staring at it. Then, I put it back. "You do not need to impress no man."

With my slightly hairy legs, I stepped out of the shower with the utmost confidence. "This isn't a date. This isn't a night where you'll get laid; so why are you worried?" I scoffed at my own statements. I grabbed a bathrobe and started airdrying my hair.

I walked out and into the closet. Immediately, Amoli rushed past me with eight dresses. I glanced at the pile of clothes on the bed and Lisa, who was still sitting in the same position.

My hairy legs stop in front of the clothes. "Lisa?"

"Yes?" Lisa responded from outside.

"How are you settling?"

"Fine. Everyone is really nice." Now, I know she is lying already. Gosh, I'm such a negative nanny.

I found a pair of jeans and a basic white t-shirt along with ankle-length boots. "I'm glad you're adjusting." Now, it's a time to interrogate her a little bit. I want to fully trust Lisa, but her intention to keep her past with Liam a secret makes me a bit suspicious. "Did Amoli tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"The stay here is temporary." I put on my lingerie.

"It is?"

I pulled on the slightly ripped up pants, "Yeah. We still have an apartment."

I can hear her chuckling, "I don't understand. Why not live here?"
The t-shirt fell over my head, and I tucked it inside my jeans. "Because it's only temporary and the job pays well," I responded vaguely. "Taking care of a bunch of heirs can be quite tiring." I laughed.

"Oh. Why is it temporary?"

I pushed on the socks then boots. "Because they are leaving soon." I don't know how long the guys are staying, but I can't tell her about what happened either.

"They are? When?"

I look at myself in the mirror, "Soon," I walked out, "How do I look?" I spread my arms out.

She smiled, "Great," she responded as I went to grab a purse.

There is no way in hell I'm paying when I don't even want to attend the event, but I may see some souvenir or dessert I like.

"That's unfortunate. I really enjoy working for them." She tucks her hair back before peeking at me, "You seem to be pretty acquainted with them despite being a hired help."

I put the strawberry chapstick and small wallet in my purse. "Does it look like that?"

"Yeah. You talk to them like they're your friends, not employers."

I closed the purse. "We've met before that's why." I didn't face her; instead peek at her from the mirror in front of me. Lisa was looking around the room, "You seem to get pretty comfortable with them despite being strangers."

She took a few blinks and her fingers curled in. My eyes motion away when her head turned towards me, and I pretended to look for a perfume. "Yeah. I guess I learned to get acquainted with strangers from Marisa."

My suspicion only accelerates at her intention to hide her past with Liam.

I forced on a smile and turned around. "I'm happy you're here with us. Safe and sound." I sat down and held her hands. "If you ever want to go to the police. Don't be afraid to tell us. We will support you."

She smiled and nodded, "Thank you, Viv." She went into me for a hug.

"I know you don't want to go the police because you believe the system is broken and they can't protect both Marisa and you. Listen, Lisa, I may look weak," I whispered into her ear. "But, I know some people who can take care of your husband. Just say the word, and he will never hurt another person," my voice lowered in a death like tone.

Lisa's body jolted, and she moved away, "N-No."

She didn't deny it when I said husband, "Why not? He hurt you, Lisa! If he hurt you, then, he may hurt someone else! Jail is too good for men like him. He needs to learn his lesson."

Lisa chuckled lowly as if I'm joking, but I blankly stared at her. My face told the whole story that I will hunt down the man who hurt her. Her face seemingly paled at my words, and she swallowed harshly as the sweats dripped down her neckline.

The door opened, and Amoli pushed her elegant self out, "How do I look?"

I looked away from Lisa and smiled, "Love it!" I didn't want her to go back inside and change.

After we got ready, we head downstairs to meet the duo. They were both well-dressed as always. The four of us stood in a square and the three of them stared at me. I know they all wanted to say something, but they quickly pushed the words back into their throat.

Jack entered the room with a cup of yogurt. He looked around before his eyes landed on me. His eyes fell on my boots, "Going to the rodeo?" He eats a spoonful of yogurt before exiting.

I look down at my boots before my eyes landed on Amoli's fancy heels and the guys custom made shoes. "As you guys can see. I am the poorest; hence, I will not be paying for food." Not like I will anyways. The worst-case scenario is I climb out of the women's restroom and meet them at the house.

Amoli smiled, "Should we go?"

Everyone pranced out the door without a single word. I felt a pull on the sleeve of my coat and look back to see Lisa's swollen eyes. She swallowed, "Please don't hurt him."

I smiled, "I won't hurt him unless you want me to do it." She released my shirt.

When I walked out, and the door behind me closed; the porch light began to flicker. I grabbed my phone and scroll through the contact list. The sound of a car engine bustle through the air as I placed the phone onto my ear. It went to voicemail.

"Hey cuz. I know we haven't spoken for a long time, and I appreciate how you haven't intervened in my life, but I need a favor. I need you to do a background check on a woman named Lisa Maturo and her connection to the Everhart's family."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

30.3K 1.5K 41
Lucian Night, had only known Love once in his life. For him his love is Rose Olyphant. The wife of his brother, and sadly only woman he cannot get. A...
81.7K 3.6K 47
What happens when you set your heart on vengeance and falls in love instead? That's the question Michael Wright asked himself every second of the day...
46K 627 9
Viren was the only son of the biggest industrialist Rai Bahadur. He is the CEO of the company. He was a ruthless businessman for the outer world but...
965K 38.3K 68
A broken hearted Viola who had just lost her mother, her home and her fiance at the same time, was offered to marry the son of her savior. Moving to...