The Cured

De GirLegend99

Sequel to The Infected. They thought life would change to better after the annihilation and chaos, since they... Mais

The Cured
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue
New Book

Chapter 47

3.4K 189 124
De GirLegend99

And if I have to go, I will...

~•~ Chapter 47 ~•~

Louis' POV

I hissed angrily, squinting my eyes in the sun, as I limped on top of the rocks, pressing my palm against the open, bleeding wound on my thigh, my other free hand pushing away the brunches so I can walk through. The pain that had taken over my leg was indescribable and the heat was burning ever so bright down on me, I felt dizzy and dehydrated.

With no bags, food or tent, I had only my gun hanging over my shoulder, a knife in my boot and one bulletcase on my waistband. I lost everything when I practically committed suicide by running towards the fucking cliff. I hadn't even seen the edge, because I had Loki moving all over my face when I carried him. However, I'm glad I managed to throw him instead of taking him down with me.

I winced as a strong jolt of pain was sent through my leg, my entire sweaty face scrunched up. I pushed my way through the flowers and leaves, my entire body heating up as the sun burned mercilessly down on me, draining me completely. I was dirty, covered in filth and blood and I fucking hated the smell of shit that was around me.

Where the fuck did I get myself into?

I'm such a fucking dumbass some times, I swear.

"Ow!" I groaned when yet another jolt of pain took over my leg, having me stumbling on my feet on top of a few dry leaves that crackled under my boots.

All of a sudden, I heard a growl from behind the bush, my stomach churning in disgust and hate at the sound. With vicious eyes, I slowly turned my head, glaring at the two lifeless eyes that stared hungrily back at me through the leaves. Inhaling deeply through my nose, I tightened my fingers around my gun, ready for the attack.

Just as the zombie emerged through the bush, holding his arms forward, reaching for me with his dirty hands, I lifted my gun upwards, slamming it over his jaw, making him scream in pain, his head tilting backwards as he stumbled. The sound of the impact was so loud, it made me flinch when a crack followed. Just as he was about to attack me again, I bent down and pulled the knife out of my boot before swiftly striking his chest, making the motherfucker scream loudly in pain.

“Shh - be quiet - you fuck!” I hissed at him, aware that he has absolutely no fucking idea what I'm saying. Pulling the knife out of his chest, blood dripped on my hand and on the ground, before I stabbed his jaw, seeing the knife appear through his tongue as he held his mouth open that was soon filled with dark red blood.

Gagging at the sight, I pulled the knife out, a wet thunk reaching my ears, blood spritzing all over me as the zombie fell on the ground with a loud thud. Looking at his ugly face made me only want to spit on him. Thanks to zombies, I'm trapped in a fucking shield with no food or water and in danger. All of that, because the world is too fucking stupid to find a better solution than sending idiots like us to fight for them and eventually end up dead with no fucking conclusion in the end.

As more growls and screams of dry excitement were heard, I felt infuriated. Those bastards just love following whatever they hear. I should've stabbed that zombie in the head instead of the jaw, I would've been invisible now, not chased to get eaten for damn lunch.

Looking around, I tried to find a way that could get me close to the river. I need the water to heal my wounds if I want to make it out alive. My leg hurt me terribly every time I stepped on it, my wound shouting at me to stop. But hell, I couldn't stop, I don't want to die, not in this place, not by a fucking zombie.

Frantically pushing through the leaves around me, I limped as fast as I could away from the incoming voices, knowing they were coming near. Cursing under my breath, I swiftly wiped the blood off my knife on my shirt, the awful smell intensifying immediately.

I'm suddenly startled by a loud sound of an engine going off, making me come to a halt and snap my head around, searching. Was that a fucking car? There are people around here? Maybe it's the guys. A horn followed from meters away, making me jump, my heart skipping beats with anxiety while I heard the zombies coming after me.

“Go, go, go!” I heard a male voice shout, sending panic and hope all over my hurting body.

The engine roared again and the sound started fading as the car drove away, making me jolt up towards it. “No, no, no - wait!” I screamed, holding my hand out in hopes whoever was near me could see my hand through the bushes and trees. “Stop! Wait for me!” I yelled, my voice cracking at the end.

I increased the speed, pumping my arms by my torso with my gun in my hand, but my wounded leg wouldn't let me go as fast as I wanted to. The pain that was shot through my injury had me screaming and falling on the ground, hitting my face against a few sharp rocks, cutting my skin open. I winced, haunted by terrible amount of pain and blood all over my limbs.

The sound of the car driving off faded as I so stubbornly tried to drag myself on the ground, hissing with every move I made as the pain was heavily pounding into me. Oh my fuck, how did I get myself in such a mess? Screw everything about the mission, if I survive this, I'm done with the army group and Leo gets a fucking black eye.

The stupid meaningless sounds of nothing coming out from the zombie’s mouths pushed me further. I had to get away from these bastards. I need to get to the river, there's no way I will survive any battle if I don't get my thigh healed. Slightly dizzy and lightheaded, I blinked as my vision blurred momentarily. I'm going to pass out if I don't drink something soon, my throat is dry as desert.

Rocks in front of me started shaking as their footsteps slowly approached me. With a clenched stomach, I rolled over my side behind a tree, hiding myself from the zombies that popped out in front of me. Holding onto the blade of my knife, I crawled closer, preparing my next move while the two zombies sniffed around, their backs facing me.

Placing my sweaty palm on the hard trunk of the tree, I pushed myself to my feet, grunting lowly as I tried to ignore the pain occuring me. With a swipe to the left, I stabbed the zombie’s ear, making him let a loud yelp of pain before I pulled it out, spreading blood around. The zombie fell on the ground and the other one turned around, glaring at me for no particular reason.

Forcefully, I stabbed his chest, freaking out when his hands grabbed my shoulders as he tried to bite me. I shivered at the sight of his missing teeth and rotten bleeding gum, along with the black saliva staining his lips. Jesus Christ, how fucking filthy are they? Jerking him off me with a rough shrug, I pulled my knife out of his chest and punched him in the jaw, his body falling on top of the other zombie with faint noises of pain.

An angry scream got my attention, making me swing around and see a group of zombies storming at me, my wide eyes freezing with terror. “Fuck me.” I grumbled before sprinting away as fast as I could, half limping, half jogging. If I had my bag now, I would've dropped two bombs and killed them all in an instant, but I got none.

“I'm not gonna get eaten, I'm not gonna get eaten,” I repeated frantically to myself as I ran for my life. There is no fucking way I am becoming a zombie snack, I'd rather let that chicken, Cole, punch me to death with his poor hands than turn into a creep.

Suddenly, the bushes came to an end and I fell onto a downhill, rolling over the ground, rocks, dirt and leaves colliding to my bloody body and crushing against me hard, before I finally reached the bottom and came face to face with a small clearing. I groaned, barely having the strength to raise my head, my body giving up on me. My gun was beneath me, its position hurting my stomach as I laid on top of it.

“Fuck, this,” I hissed, having my palms flat on the ground before slowly pushing my weak midriff up, “shit.” I finished with a grunt through clenched teeth, tasting my own blood from my cut lip.

I breathed heavily, my lungs burning intently at the lack of oxygen. I was losing myself, I was growing heavier by the minute. I can't give up now. Inhaling deeply through my mouth, I looked up at the sky, seeing a few birds fly by. Please, God, help me. I have never, ever in my life felt more exhausted than this exact moment. But I need to keep going, I need to fight for my life.

I practically jumped when I heard bodies falling behind me as the zombies fell over the downhill, coming for me. Dragging my wounded body further away from them, I quickly grabbed my bullet case and counted my remaining bullets. I loaded my gun, the sound of it actually getting my killing mood on. Adjusting the heavy gun in my hands, I glared up at the zombies that positioned themselves on their feet.

This is it. There's nowhere else I can go, I have to fight them, no matter how many they are.

Aiming at the first one with shaky arms, I felt my heart tugging with doubt and hope simultaneously. I can do this. I can get through this.

“Let’s do this motherfuckers.” I hissed before pulling the trigger.

_____________________

A/N: This book is going to be very violent and graphic, so if any of you are very sensitive with that, read at your own risk. Thank you for the support xx

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

The Marshal De Alex Foley

Ficção Científica

22 0 10
(First draft now complete!) When Admiral Varhe crash lands on an old mining planet, he is thrust into the local conflict.
Dreadnought De Space Blonk

Ficção Científica

16 1 1
War is coming to the human kingdoms in the stars. A nascent empire threatens its closest rival for supremacy. Moria is one of the few warriors with...
39.1K 1.9K 15
Used and abandoned by laksh, Ragini was forced into another marriage by her grandmother. still broken, Ragini did not know what to expect from this m...
12 0 1
The year is 3024. Gen alpha never ended. Gen beta are few. Gen beta are the outlaws of this timeline. I am a Gen beta. Gen alpha found a way to be im...