High On Life

بواسطة bejeweled_30

Nida Khan's got everything a girl could possibly want; riches, style, popularity, charm, A grades, and a far... المزيد

1: New School
2: Being Nice
3: Butthurt
4: Unexpected Weekend
5: Getting To Know You
6: Meeting The DhoomBros
7: Hints
8: Je T'aime......Pas !
9: Saviour Or Tormentor
11: I'll Take Care Of You
12: Birthday
13: Party Catastrophe
14: Teddy Bear And.....Secrets?
15: The Challenge
16: Bipolarity At Its Utmost Peak
17: Bromance Or Romance?
18: Sheer Disbelief
19: Words Which We Never Said
20: Love Triangle?
21: Shocker
22: Destiny In A Mere Paper
23: Fate Revealed
24: Nighttime Romance Gone Wrong
25: High On Love
26: School Madness
27: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 1)
Author's Note
28: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 2)
29: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 3)
30: Confused
31: Love And Family
32: The Concealed
33: Agreement And Tension
34: Revelation Of The Truth
35: Good Times
36: The Engagement (Part 1)
37: The Engagement (Part 2)
38: Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gaye
39: Affliction
40: The Fault In His Love
41: Little Moments
42: Numb....
43: The Unexpected Bend In Our Road
44: Seven Days....Seven Decades
45: Sajna Teri Judaai.... Meinu Raas Na Aayi
46: Day One At Camp
47: Just One Chance?
48: Another Day, Another Memory
49: A Departing Soul's Secret Wish
50: The Truth Was Out
51: The 'To Be's' Outing
52: Masquerade Ball
53: Qubool Hai
54: Feels
55: Lost The Battle
56: First Time
57: Bailed Out
Author's Note
58: Losing It
59: The Inevitable
60: Judaai
61: Untold Memories
62: Unanswered
63: Did Time Really Heal Both Ends?
64: Hope?
65: The Plan
66: Pleasing Awkwardness
67: We Found 'Us'
68: His Love Potion Worked
69: Love Makes Life Live
70: New Year, New Beginning
71: Crucial Meet With The Truth
72: Back To All That Once Existed
73: Shidzi Ever After
74: Blessed
Epilogue
Author's Note
Fam Jam

10: The Race And Its Aftermath

3.5K 266 142
بواسطة bejeweled_30

I took my seat along with many other students of our school. The participants for the swimming race were getting ready in their locker rooms while we patiently awaited their arrival.

Yesterday was quite a narrow escape from death. If he never saved me, I wouldn't even be here today. If only I were able to thank him for saving my life.....

As I sat there quietly, this random girl comes up to me.

"Hi." She says, quite cheerful. Weird. Itni subha subha kaun idiot cheerful hota hai.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Umm.. can you tell me where the boys' locker rooms are?" She asks. Boys' locker rooms? What does she wanna do there? Unpleasant thoughts had started to evade my mind but I quickly pished them away and answered. "You go straight and then take right."

"Thanks a lot. Hafsa, by the way." She smiled and held out her hand for me.

I shake it, saying. "Nida. Pleasure to meet you."

"You too. Umm.. can I sit here with you when I come back? If you don't mind, that is?" She says reluctantly.

"Of course you can Hafsa. I'll save your spot." I smiled at her, and she leaves.

Just this one guy encircled my mind. Why is Shehry so complicated? Why do I sometimes feel I'm still unable to understand him completely? The minute I start to think I've understood him, he begins doing things which make me feel that I didn't.

It was about time Hafsa returned and took her seat beside me.

"So, what year?" She asks me.

"Freshman. You?"

"Sophomore. I'm new here, by the way." She tells me. Great. Another new student. What's up with Richard Shane admitting students in the middle of the year? As if 30 students in each section wasn't enough already. I mentally frowned.

"Oh nice. But why'd you join so late?" I asked.

"Actually I was in Pakistan and we had sudden plans to move here, due to a few reasons, hence the late admission." She explains.

"Right. Hope you enjoy your time here." I smile at her and she smiles back saying. "Thank you."

All of a sudden, the participants started heading out in the pool area for the race and the girls in the audience went wild the minute the guys came out.

"Well, I think I'm gonna enjoy my time here." Hafsa winks at me.

"Haan haan, eye candy jo dekhnay ko mile gi." I chuckled as I nudged her and she lets out a shy smile.

"Waise, yahaan ke ladkay itne buray nahi hain. Pakistan mein to chichoron ki lines lagi hoti thi, humaare girls' wing ke baahir." She rolls her eyes, explaining the weird atmosphere of separate schools.

I laugh. "Did any chichora ever bother you?"

"Don't even ask. It was part of my routine to deal with a new flirt everyday." She chuckled.

"I don't blame them. You're quite pretty." I complimented her with a warm smile.

"Aww, you're sweet. Thanks. You're no less, yourself. I'm pretty sure you must be facing the same situation, huh?" She winks.

"Not gonna exaggerate, but yes. But I guess it isn't as bad as in Paki."

"As expected. You're beautiful." She says with a cute smile.

"Thanks." I give a shy smile.

"So.....who's the lucky guy?" She asks.

"Huh?" I ask, unsure of what she meant.

"No boyfriend?"

"Oh. Nope. Single as a pringle." I wink and she laughs.

"Me too." She gives me a high five.

We turn to the participants and my eyes caught sight of Shehry. He....was.....effin.........shirtless !!!!

He looked so oh my God, I can't even explain. He flexed his arms and those fine lines on his biceps bulged out on his skin. His six pack abs were so toned just like those actors in movies making him look 'oh so perfect' !  Damn ! Gym-ing at its very best. I could feel my stomach twist itself and my heartbeat rise as I just gawked at his perfection. He ruffles up his hair which made him look even sexier. Oh God, I should stop now !

I quickly looked down feeling all heated up in the face. I sure hope Hafsa didn't notice me checking out Shehry's beyond perfect demeanour.

"Everything okay?" She asks upon noticing my sudden change in sanity.

I look up to face her. "Yeah. Yeah. Everything's fine." Just some hottie among the participants, making my life hell.

"Are you sure?" She smirks.

"Aye !" I push her gently.

"You know, you seem like a fun person. Let's hang out at recess today and get to know each other better." She smiles.

"Sure. I'd love that." I say back.

The freshmen year guys were to race first so they took their positions, including Shehry.

He slipped on his goggles as he stood in his spot. Alongside him was Harry, who looked fine for any other girl, but definitely not fit for my taste.

"Ready.....On your marks......." Mr. Lee yelled in his microphone and then finally shot his gun in the air, signalling the start of the race.

And in jumped all the guys. The pool was quite large and deep. Thank God. I didn't take part or I'd be dead the next minute. The guys swam across in full speed.

Shehry started slow. He was last. Oh my God ! What the hell is he doing ?!

The rest of the swimmers got slower. And right then, Shehry took up his pace and sped across to the end, overtaking the others, who gawked at him in shock and tried speeding up. Shehry touched the ribbon at the end and headed back to the starting point which had now become the finishing line of this race. Such a clever tactic. I just sat there in utter surprise. How badly I wanted to cheer for him along with the rest of the girls but I kept quiet.

I glanced at Hafsa who was all tensed up. Ummm.... why? She's new here, isn't she? Oh, she must have a relative or family member there.

"Who you with?" I ask her.

"I..uh.....no one. I hardly know anyone. I'm just very....enthusiastic for no reason." She chuckles at the end.

"Uh huh." I dropped the topic and shifted back at the race.

And the guys were gaining up on Shehry, but he was too fast for them. He finally swam towards the finish line and finally won this race.

The girls in the crowd screamed their hearts out as they applauded wildly. I just applauded while Hafsa did the same as the rest of the girls in the audience. Okay, weird. She doesn't even know Shehry !!!

Soon all other races ended and then came the medal distribution part. Shehry was given the first medal and he looked so happy and proud just standing there. Well, he obviously deserved it.

Hafsa breaks me out of my ruminations. "Do you know any of these guys?" Hafsa asks, gesturing towards Shehry, Harry and Ahmed as they stood on their respective ranks.

"Yeah. They're in my class." I smile.

"Right."

The competition had finally ended and the students started leaving.

Shehry's POV:

YAHOO ! I just won the swimming competition. I stood at my rank stand with my head held high.

I glance at the audience, noticing girls screaming and I suddenly froze at the sight in front of me. Hafsa was freakin' sitting with Nida ! No, practically talking to her ! This is so not cool.

My childhood bestie and the girl I turn a confused lover for, are hangin' out. Allah hi khair karay.

But how did she know Nida was the one? Uff not 'the one', I meant the girl who people tease me for. Zaroor Hussain ne hi bataya hoga.

And wigh that being said, Hussain appears. Speak of the devil.

"Hey bro, congra...." Before he could complete, I pull him to the side and glare at him. "Oh beghairat ! Tujhe kis ne kaha tha ke meri zindagi ki do ehem ladkiyon ko milwa. Do you even know what that means ?! Disaster kaminey, COMPLETE DISASTER!" I said dramatically.

"Yo, calm your chaddi. What the hell are you on about?!" He says annoyed.

"Abbay woh dekh !" I grab his collar and turn him to that sight.

His mouth turned an 'O' shape and just an 'Oh' escapes.

"Oh ke bachay, ab kia karoon ?!" I facepalm myself and he laughs.

"And who gave you the permission to laugh ?!" I glared at him.

"Chill maar. What can they possibly do to harm you?!" He says calmly.

"What can they possibly not do to harm me?!" I respond.

"Dude, calm down ! This isn't that bad. Trust me, I've seen worse." He puts his hand on my shoulder and I just sigh.

"Oh really? Like what?" I roll my eyes.

"Like once, I took this girl on a date for coffee, while I was already dating another girl but didn't ask her out. And BAM ! Both bitches turned up in the same place." He shakes his head in disappointment and my mouth fell wide open.

"Saale, ladkiyaan mujhe se pehlay patta li, aur bataya bhi nahi?" I hit his arm.

"Tune kabhi poocha hi nahi." He chuckled.

"Jeez ! That is bad ! I mean two girls on the same place. Should've dumped the other one, at least. Mera advice leta, khotay."

"Oh please ! Tujh se to aik hi ladki sambhali nahi jaa rahi. Mujhe chala do ladkiyon ko handle karne ka advice denay." He snorts, holding in his laugh. I punched his arm.

"Ouch !" He yelped and glared at me. No matter how pissed his statement made me, he had a very valid point.

"Fine, then why don't you tell me what to do in a situation like that ?!" I point towards the two, giggling as if they were besties.

"Naah bro, I'm done with girls." He raises his hands in defence and turns to leave.

I can't believe my own brother turned his back on me in my time of need.

He suddenly turns and calls out. "Go with the flow ! See how things unfold. Nobody's gonna eat you up. Well......unless tu meri jaisi harkat karay."

I laughed at him and he returns a thumbs up. I smiled and left for the locker rooms wearing my shiny gold medal. I changed into my black T-shirt and gray hoodie, paired with black jeans and white sneakers. I dried my hair and set them in their regular quiff and exited the locker room only to see Nida in front of me.

"Congrats." She smiles and before I could say anything back, she leaves for her route.

I could've stopped her but after how I behaved with her yesterday, I wasn't so sure.

I grabbed my bag from the locker and left for the main gates. I felt cold, despite the weather being just 15°C. I zipped up my hoodie and snuck my hands into its pockets.

Feeling a little pale, I sat on my bike, but before I could start it up, Hafsa sees me.

"Heyyy ! Congo Shehry ! Pehlay bhi pro tha har cheez mein, aur ab bhi. Proud bitch !" She winks at me and gives me a warm hug. Aah ! A hug felt so nice and warm right about now. I hug her back weakly. What was wrong with me?

"Thanks bitch." I pull he cheek and smile faintly.

"Are you okay?" She asks, putting her hand to my forehead.

"Yeah I'm fine." I lie.

"No you're not. You're burning !" She says, worriedly.

"Forget it. I'll just go home and take medicine. So, how are you going home?" I ask.

"Taxi." She says.

"Hop on. I'll drop you home." I offer.

"Thanks." She smiles and hops on behind me.

She's the second girl to ever ride on a bike with me. Funny how I don't feel all ticklish inside me, the way I always do with Nida. No matter how much I hate to admit it, it was an amazing feeling. Very soothing and just.....perfect.

She puts her hands on my shoulders and I start the bike, feeling really weak. I felt my vision become blurry and slowed down a little and halted the bike almost halfway home, on a pavement.

"Shehry, what's wrong?" She asks, shocked.

"I..I'm feeling a little d...dizzy." I got off the bike and felt everything twist and turn in front of me. My sight became blurry and Hafsa held me by the arms, trying ro steady me.

"I'll call Hussain. Sit." She helps me sit down on the ground. I felt my vision clear a little bit, but my head hurted badly. She sits beside me and pulls my back to her chest, leaning me against her, so that my condition improves. She was shivering slightly as she dialled up Hussain.

I could tell she was nervous. I put my hand on hers, which was on my torso, just to calm her down.

"Hey, relax. I'm okay." I whisper though my head was killing me.

"No you're n....Hello? Hussain? Shehry isn't feeling well. He might faint. Come quick. We're near Central Park. Hurry ! He can't drive in this condition." She says worriedly and Hussain assures her through the phone.

"Shehry, you'll be fine. Relax." She smiles down at me.

"Thanks Hafshay." I managed to utter the cute nickname I had for her, since kindergaten.

"Aww. You remember?" She smiles.

"Mein kabhi bhoola hun?" I smile back.

I get off her and sat in front of her, supporting myself with a light pole, fixed into the pavement. My vision would become blurry every now and then, and I felt a little nauseous.

"Hafsa." I whimpered, breathing heavily as I felt like puking.

"I'm here, Shehry. Let it out. You'll feel better." She grabs my waist and puts my arm around her shoulders, holding me steady as she helps me stand.

I finally puked out whatever I ate in the morning, in a small trash can on the pavement and she just looked away,

After I had finished bawling out, Hussain arrived, in just 10 minutes. He's fast. Just hope he passes his driving test. I mentally chuckled. He came to my other side and helped me into the car.

He asked Hafsa to take the wheel and she nodded. Good thing she knew how to drive. He sat on my bike and started it up.

We went home. The car ride was pretty much silent all the way since I didn't have even the strength to talk.

We reached home and mom instantly put me to bed and gave me medicines. Looks like the freezing pool water really got to me. I hope I get better by tomorrow. I don't wanna miss my Organic Chemistry test.

___________________________

Alright guys, short update. But just letting some of you know, that in the last chapter, it wasn't Harry who pushed Nida into the pool. It was Dave, a random guy in Nida and Shehry's class.

Oh and one more thing. I really need your feedback on how the story is going. Is it too boring? Do I need to change anything? If so, do let me know. Hopefully, you'll soon get better chapters :) Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

39.1K 3.1K 24
This book is very amatuer! ***************** This story is inspired from CRAZY RICH ASIANS (a novel and movie) Shehnaaz gill is happy to accompany h...
226K 16K 59
Mohabbat cheez hi aisi hai, Kabhi hoti hai apno se, Kabhi hoti hai sapnon se, Kabhi anjaan raahon se, Kabhi gumnaam naamon se... Why does destiny alw...
About us. بواسطة H.

قصص الهواة

32K 1.2K 36
The story of Hussain and Hania,which will make you laugh,cry and maybe melt your heart a bit too. Going through a lot of things in their life at such...
296K 13.8K 31
Marriage...a very beautiful word yet full of life surprises. If one gets married with the love of their life, then it's beautiful. But what about a f...