The King Of All Vampire Kings...

By S0NDREENJ

Book 1 of (The Awakening Series) {#1 Supernatural} {#1 Paranormal} {#1 Lycans} {#1 Vampire Romance} {#5 Royal... More

~CopyRight~
It's been a long time coming
~Introduction~
M a i n C h a r a c t e r A e s t h e t i c s
~The King Of All Vampire Kings~
|1| ~The Awakening~
|2| ~The Chosen~
|3|~Kings~
|4|~ Kings Part 2~
~Cast & Updates~
| 5|~Sweet Escape~
|6|~ Dungeons to dreamhouse~
|7|~Pervert~
|8|~Compulsion ~
|9|~Spaghetti~
|10|~No Choice~
|11|~Dogs & Leeches~
|12|~Blanky~
|13|~A Game Of Chess~
|14|~Red-Headed She-Devil~
|15|~Judgement~
|16|~Beauty Bias~
|17|~Stockholm syndrome~
|18|~Royal Traditions Part 1~
|19| ~War Plans ~
|20| ~The Bite~
|21|~Royal Family~
|22|~WTH~
|23|~ Traits of a queen~
|24|~The Truth Will Set You Free~
|25|~A Mural of Tales ~
|26|~ Your Burning Me Alive ~
Come Stalk Me!!!
|27| ~ Mr. Meany && The little old lady~
|28| ~ Training~
~Cast & Updates Pt 2~
|29| ~ Creepy, creeper and creepicious~
|30| ~ Sick and Sadistic Piece of S**T ~
Holly S**T
|31| ~ Predator ~
|32| ~ Its getting hot && spicey~
Covers
|33| ~ French Kiss ~
|34|~ The City That Never Sleeps~
|35|~ You can't talk sense into the senseless~
|36|~Hunting The Hunter Beast~
|37|~Thrilling Kill~
|38| ~Equal Measured Attraction~
|39| ~Bond Understood~
|40| ~Fluent In The Langauge of Idioms~
|41| ~Putting Together Two && Two~
|42|~Intro into a New World~
|43|~BonFire~
|44|~Attack~
|45|~Stake Your Claim~
|46|~Claimed~
|47|~The Wilde Wolf~
|48|~The Battle of Power~
|49|~ His side ~
|50|~ Time To Taste~
|51|~Time sensitive ~
|52|~Time To Talk ~
|53|~Time To Think~
|54|~ Time to protect ~
|55|~ Time To Bathe~
|56|~Time is Ticking ~
|57|~ Alone Time ~
|58|~ The Time Of My Life~
|59|~ Now Is Not the Time ~
|60|~Its Time to Act ~
|61|~Showtime~
|62|~Timeless Night ~
|63|~Just My Luck ~
|64|~Friend or Foe~
|65|~ An Angry King~
|66|~ A Drunk Mind Speaks a Sober Tongue~
|67|~Cyprus Island Palace~
|68| ~ Say Thank You Princess B**ch ~
|69| ~You are the one~
|70| ~I'll never kiss and tell~
|71|~Then and Now~
|72|~Royal Traditions Part 2~
|73|~Pledge Of Allegiance ~
|74|~The Storm~
|75|~ The Pleasured Filled Passionate && Desired Night~
|76|~The Highly Favored~
|78|~The Witch~
|79|~The Untold Story ~
|80|~The Premonition~
|81|~The Timeline of Events~
|82|~ The Position Of The Moon~
|83| ~ The Warning~
|84| ~The Queen Has Awakened~
|85| ~Bow Down B**ches~
The End of Book One
~What's Done is Done~
|The Luna|~ Bonus Chapter~
|The Cold Hearted King|~ Bonus Chapter~
|Book 2| Captured By A Ruthless Vampire King
Cover Artist Alert
|We're coming Pt 1 |~ Exclusive Bonus Chapter~
|We're coming Pt 2 |~ Exclusive Bonus Chapter~
|The Calm Before The Storm |
|The Calm After The Storm |

|77|~The Chosen One~

45K 2.2K 159
By S0NDREENJ

Claire POV.
Unedited.

I pace around in the library, pondering over the information Victoria has revealed to me. Each passing second a bright fire pit, of rage courses through my veins.

How could he? No that would be a dumb question? The real question should be why would he? No that would be another dumb question. I know why Nicklaus did what he did.

I know Nicklaus. I know firsthand what he is capable of. But placing Alec in the dungeons because of a little crush is a little overboard.

No killing him would be a little overboard my subconscious speaks up. Shut Up! I mentally tell myself.

Alec means nothing to me. Well, I don't have any feelings for him. At least not, how I care about Nicklaus. But I do care! I don't know why but I feel connected to him as well. I don't know. The point is Nicklaus knows that.

That's exactly why he placed the man in chains in the first place. New Flash! They are all in chains my subconscious speaks again.

Arghhh... Shut up. I snap at myself.

I'm going fucking crazy. My monster doesn't agree with my anger. She thinks it's a waste of time. I'm sure she does because she is a leech!

Now, the human side of me is bothered. Really, really bother about this whole ordeal. Nicklaus shouldn't be able to just throw a person in the dungeon because he feels like it. No one should! Everyone should be granted with some type of chance to explain
themselves. Human and Vampire alike.....

This exactly what I meant....

I can't allow my species to continue to live in chains while I live freely or live in fear. I guess Nicklaus and I shall have this conversation sooner than later. I will not allow it. But I do need to learn more about both species to undo the mess my beloved created in the first place.

My eyes scan over the massive row of the Historical Nonfiction section once again.

The sound of the door opening makes me turn in the direction of the doorway. "Your Highness, What's wrong," Commander Vlad ask me as he comes inside. "I can feel your frustration through our bond."

"Claire!" I snap. How many times do I have to remind him to call me, Claire? And what did you just say to me," I ask, leaning my head over and turning my entire body in his direction. "What do you mean you can feel my emotions through our bond?"

Commander Vlad shuts the door behind him. "The moment you accepted my loyalty I became a part of you. Any vampires that you accept shall be bonded to you. Normally, it takes a while before the bond is sealed, but things are always different when you are concerned," he explains.

"I don't get it. A sealed bond gives any and every one front row seats to my emotions."

"Precisely," he advises. "Well, something of the sort. We can feel what you want us to feel. When you want us to feel it," he explains. "We can communicate with you if you grant us access. Right, now you're like an open book. "

My frustration increases. This is what I mean. I don't know much about what I am. I don't know where I come from, or much about who I come from. How the hell am I supposed to lead two entire species, when I'm completely blind?

My head starts to pound just thinking about it. Suddenly, the weight of the world weighs heavily on my shoulders. Commander Vlad is watching me with a strange expression, most likely trying to understand my sudden mood change. Join the club! So am I. My emotions are all over the place.

Ignoring his concerned stare I ask, "And how long have you been able to feel my emotions?"

"This is the first time that I really been able to feel them," he answers honestly. "King Nicklaus can feel them as well. He has been trying to speak with you but you blocked him out."

You damn right l blocked him out! He's lucky I haven't found his ass and fried him to a crisp by now.

"Where is he?" I ask, turning to face the window where you can see the crashing waves coming down. Right now, I wish I could go adrift lost in the sea, stress and worry free.

"All of the Kings are running over the plan with the security detail," He explains to me. "He shall be in shortly after."

"How long into departure," I ask him.

"Maybe an hour or so," he tells. "Is this what this is about? Are you nervous about the summons?"

I almost die from laughter. Sure I am. My hand starts to fiddle with pendant around my neck. Commander eyes locks on my hand movement.

"Are you sure you're okay," he asks, with caution. Are you sure you okay? I almost snap at him until the library door swings open and the intoxicating scent of fresh burning cedar wood and expressive cologne invades my lungs. I don't need to turn around to know who's coming in.

Xander and Nicklaus scents are quite similar but oddly different. I'll be able to identify their distinctive scents without the sense of smell.

I'll be able to identify their distinctive scents in my sleep. I'm in love with their scent. It's my favorite smell.

"Brave one," calls out Xander as he enters the room. "Your emotions are driving your foolish beloved crazy. What's going on?"

Not really feel like being bothered, I ignore him. Tears threatening to escape as I continue to study the crashing waves. I can feel the heat blazing from Xander and Vlad burning stares. Refusing to allow anyone to see me cry, I hold my tears back and raise my head in Xander direction. "I'm fine," I lie, staring at him without giving away my emotions.

"You're an awful liar," he calls me out. He sees right through me. "Leave us," Xander orders, as he draws closer.

"Your Highness," says Commander Vlad, ignoring Xander directions, only to ask for mines.

I nod my head, signaling that he can leave and he follows my request with no dispute. Look at that! Commander Vlad loyalty really does lie with me, over all.

"His loyalty officially lies with you," Xander's voices my thoughts out loud.

"Yeah, it does," I agree, while slightly opening the window. The sound, smell, and feel of the ocean fresh wind floats inside of the room. We stand in silence for a while, listening to the wind, taking deep breaths of the air, embracing the bight moon, along with the twinkling stars, purplish, and dark bluish sky.

"Claire," he finally speaks. "There is no need for you to continue this charade of acting as if nothing is wrong. I can feel your tornado of emotion spiraling out of controls. What is going on in your pretty little head, brave one?"

What isn't? I sigh. Xander watches me intensely. I know he isn't going to drop it. I know him, just as well as he knows me. In fact, Xander is most likely the only vampire who truly understands me.

With that in mind I ask him, "How can the blind lead the blind?"

Xander silvered grey eyes sparkles to life. "Claire, out of all people is speaking in riddles," he teases. "I wonder where you got that from."

I laugh slightly, and playfully shove his chest. "I learned from the very best leech that the leeches have to offer."

"Damn right you did," he smirks, beautifully. Damn him....And that beautiful smirk of his. "No seriously, brave one. Could you further elaborate? I don't understand your meaning behind your words," replies Xander, sitting down, and patting the seat beside him, indicating that he would like for me to take a seat as well.

I plop down beside him. "I don't know where I came from, just like most humans in this day and time. I don't know much about your people history..." I correct myself, "Our people's history, either."

"The only thing a blind leader can do is lead their followers astray. Things need to change, Xander. How can I convince two entire species to be receptive to change? When I don't even understand how to adapt to the changes going through my body," I explain.

"How can I expect other vampires to show a glimpse of humanity? When their King doesn't show a glimpse of his?"

"What do you mean," he asks me, confusion evident on his handsome face.

"It doesn't really matter, now does it." I ask him, crossing my arms."Once a monster! Always a monster."

"I see," Xander responds, sheepishly. Then, he starts to stare into space. We sit in silence after that and my mind continues to roam. What's understood doesn't have to be explained. Xander knows I'm right.

I start to play with the cool emerald attached on to the pendant around my neck, this raw intense and unfamiliar emerald that I can somehow wield.

The jewel feels good against my skin. The power is truly highly addictive. So far, I've been able to do whatever I wanted to do with it. I have been able to make people follow my every command. Out of nowhere, a thought suddenly appears. I can force Nicklaus and the others to co-exist. That would be perfect. We can all live in harmony. I can force the much needed change, with one word. I wonder if that's the route that I need to take.

I sit quietly and think over the idea. Everything will be like it should be, equal and balanced. I contemplate. The only problem is if I go down that route. I'll be no better than any of them.

I would be forcing them against their will. I mean, it is one thing to use this power to stop violence! To prevent blood-shed or to protect the ones I love.

It's a whole nother ball game to use this power for personal gain no matter, how much good it would bring. Things need to change, now and they shall.

Change is inevitable. No one can stop it. But there is a way to go about things.

Sometime it's better not to fight fire with fire. My mind continues to drift and I think about everything I have been through. Everything that I have overcame, ever obstacle. Xander cool hand being placed on to my lap chases my thoughts away.

"Do you remember what I told you that day I took you out of the dungeon?" Xander suddenly ask.

"Which part?"

"The part that applies to you in this very moment," he responds placing his hand over my own. "I admitted that your fearless nature awakened something inside of me that has been long buried," explains Xander. "I declared that you were my savior. All of our savior," he proclaims.

"And I meant every word. There's a reason why, I'm called the cold hearted King. Without trying, you melted the frozen wall around my heart that took centuries to build in a day. You can achieve the impossible, Claire. Don't ever forget that!"

I lower my head, think over his words, and place my attention elsewhere.

Xander gets up and makes his way over towards the door, leaving me alone with my own thoughts. Before, he exits he turns to say, "Nicklaus selected you as his Chosen because he was too afraid to accept you as his beloved. How quickly has that changed," he asks regaining my attention.

"I once told you that the players are so focused on the king. They truly underestimate the power of the queen. How many people have underestimated you since that day and how many of them were proven wrong," he asks.

"I disagree, but sometimes it's best to just, agree to disagree," I recite the same exact words that I stated to him for what seems like so long ago.

He flashes a charming smile. "I agree with that, brave one because I truly believe in you, even when you don't believe in yourself."

With those last words he leaves me alone with my own thoughts.

I stay back in the library and think about everything Xander has said to me. His points are always valid. But it's still his point of view. I feel how I feel and no one can change that.

After, another five minutes goes by I decide to get up and finally do what I came here to do. Read about Vampires and Humans history. The unfamiliar power of the emerald buzzes around my neck as I stroll down different sections of the library.

In this moment, my hands seem to have a mind of their own, grabbing many different books without me even paying attention to the titles. The power from the emerald buzzes to life with each book selection, but zaps when my hands touch the spine of one tilted with one word in a language that I don't understand.

"Electus," I state the title out loud. All of the other books in my hand fall to the ground as I carry the book to a table at the end of the section.

The book looks ancient. The dark brown cover sparks underneath my fingers with the first touch. The book is full and massive from the outside it appears to be worn from old age.

However, everyone knows not to judge a book by its cover. Excited to start, I absentmindedly flip open the crisp and white, freshly reserved first page. "This book is dedicated to The Chosen One." I read the fancy cursive writing out loud. As soon as the words fall from my lips everything slows in motion around me. My heart starts to pound, skin starts to tingle, and my neck itches.

The unfamiliar power awakens, bright electric emerald green lights flashed, and the wind is knocked out of me like a thousand scenes, and memories float throughout my head.

The world shifts around me and suddenly a soft and sweet voice is heard from the other end of the table.

"Finally! We meet at last my sweet Claire, The Chosen One."

<🌑>
Happy Awake Day. Please don't forget to hit that golden star ⭐️ comment and follow.

It's My Birthday! Just a quick announcement! I will be traveling all next week 😌, which means no update next Friday. There shall be four more chapters in TKOAVK. Today is a double update!! 😉 talk to me nicely. I love you 💕 all. Enjoy!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583 56 18
Book One is finally complete, please look forward to Book Two, The Chronicles of Arnora: The Zemorian Invasion! Thousands of years ago there was a gr...
608 197 14
Lycan's were the first beasts created by the moon goddess to protect gods creation; the humans, from Lucifer's creation; the Vampires. Once the dark...
292 3 1
I live in a world where I am nameless. I live in a world where I do not matter except or unless I am owned by someone. I do not have rights, freedoms...
2.5K 26 41
"I didn't think that the first night at my new college would end with me getting my back broken. And not in the fun way. I'm kind of annoyed about it...