the book shop > j.l < MID EDIT

By rogerlennonqb

in which john lennon finds more than just books inside the book shop (editing in progress) More

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
cast list
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
EIGHTY - 1962
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGHTY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR
EIGHTY FIVE
EIGHTY SIX
EIGHTY SEVEN
EIGHTY EIGHT
EIGHTY NINE
NINETY
NINETY ONE
UPDATE
sequel??
preview of newness
NINETY TWO
NINETY THREE
NINETY FOUR
NINETY FIVE
NINETY SIX
NINETY SEVEN
NINETY EIGHT
NINETY NINE
ONE HUNDRED
Epilogue
NEWNESS

twenty four

1.1K 46 3
By rogerlennonqb

john

john slept until ten thirty when he was woken up by mimi.

"come on john. stop wasting away," she said.

when he got up, mimi was already dressed, she asked him if he wanted to go to the florist with her to get flowers for his mums grave. he replied telling her he'd go later on with penelope, which surprised mimi considering he'd not gone since she'd died.

after having breakfast he got changed into some blue jeans with a red and white button up shirt tucked in the top few buttons unbuttoned of course, with it being quite warm outside he didn't bother to grab a jacket, and he set off towards penelopes.

as he reached her apartment door he noticed penelopes front slightly ajar. as he was about to knock penelope swung the door open making him jump.

"oh hi john, i was just about to come and wait outside for you, it's far too stuffy in here," he sighed happily as he'd assumed the worst.

"did you sleep well?" he asked as they walked out of her apartment complex.

"yeah not too bad, you?" she replied as they reached her car, "also where are we going first?"

"like a baby," he smiled, "and could we pop to a florist so i can get some flowers for my mum?"

"of course," with that they both drove to the nearest florist. johns mother happened to be buried at the same graveyard as penelopes, so penelope suggested if he needed some time alone she would go and visit her.

penelope picked out a bouquet of lilies, her mother's favourite, and a single rose for johns mother's grave. her insisting it's only polite to do so. john picked out a bouquet of daisies.

when they were both back in penelopes car, penelope turned her head to him, "are you ready?"

"as ready as i can be," he replied smiling weakly. penelope nodded her head and patted his thigh reassuringly. and off they went.

john felt almost dizzy walking through the gates of the cemetery but penelope grabbing ahold of his hand certainly helped him out. he led her in the direction of his mother's plot. when they neared it john noticed somebody already standing there, it was mimi.

"my aunt mimi is over there, would you like to meet her?" he asked, penelope looked skeptical at first meeting his family and all, but agreed anyway.

they approached the grave which made mimi snap her head up to john as she was on her knees rearranging the flowers and throwing out old ones. she smiled at him and stood up, then noticing the girl stood a few feet behind him.

"hey mimi, i uh, i got these for mum," he passed her the bouquet and she smiled sweetly at them as she put them on the ground to be rearranged,

"oh they're lovely john, she would've loved them," johns eyes brightened at the compliment, "and who's this then john? you going to introduce me?" she said nodding her head in penelopes direction.

penelope realising she'd been addressed stepped forward slightly but john grabbed her hand and pulled her next to him.

"this is penelope, penelope this is my auntie mimi," mimi smirked at john remembering their conversation from just the day before.

"lovely to meet you ma'am, i'm sorry for your loss," penelope spoke politely,

"oh the infamous penelope. lovely to meet you dear, please call me mimi. are those for the grave?" mimi asked pointing to the bouquet in her hand.

"actually these are for my mum, but this is for the grave," she handed the rose to mimi.

"ah goodness julia loved roses, said they were the prettiest flowers of them all. thank you love," penelope smiled proudly at her choice and then spoke up,

"it was nice meeting you mimi, i'm going to give you guys some time," she said, "my mums grave is just over there if you need me," she pointed to a grave not too far away speaking to john.

john nodded and smiled at her as he kissed her cheek, she walked off completely flustered that john had done that in front of his aunt.

he watched her walk off still smiling, until mimi cleared her throat. john snapped his head towards his aunt and blushed.

"she's a nice girl john, much nicer than those girls you usually spend time with," mimi spoke up as she went back to her knees to sort out the new flower arrangements.

"she's great mimi," he kneeled beside her and looked to the gravestone in front of him. his heart ached to see it but it didn't hurt half as much as he thought it would.

"goodness, who are you and what have you done with my john," she joked, happy to see john changing.

"it's all her mimi, she's so -" he tried to find the right word, "good, if that makes any sense. she doesn't judge me and she listens to me. she understands me."

mimi nodded. "your mother would approve of her too. she'd talk about how pretty she was but then she'd love her more for the way you talk about her."

john smiled happily at the thought of his mother and penelope getting on with each other.

"right i'm going to give you some time with your mother. will you be back for dinner?" she asked standing up after finishing the arrangements.

"i think i'm spending the day with penny actually," he replied,

"okay, well im going out at five so i won't be back til late, i've been invited to meet with Jane for wine, so i suppose i'll see you tomorrow." she patted john on the shoulder as he nodded his head and she left. not before shouting goodbye to penelope who reciprocated.

john swiped his finger over the small plaque photograph of his mother and smiled faintly.

"alright mum. long time no see," he imagined she was right in front of him and it wasn't just a gravestone. "i'm sorry i haven't visited you, it's just been so hard you know? but i'm getting better mum, every day becomes easier. and penelope she's helping me, she makes it okay to be sad and, she understands me. like no one else ever has." he glanced up to see the girl he was talking about, she was in practically the same position as him but she looked far more comfortable sitting in the dirt.

"anyway, i'm gonna go now mum, but i promise i'll come back soon. i love you." he placed a kiss on his fingers and tapped the headstone. he stood up and made his way over to penelope.

she looked so beautiful today, she'd pinned her hair up but because of her hair being short she had wispy bits coming out and it was completed with a blue ribbon weaved through it. she wore a blue dress with white daisies covering it. john thought the blue complimented her eyes.

she looked over to him as he neared her and got off the ground.

"you alright?" she asked,

"yeah i've never felt better actually," he grinned at her. he was so surprised with how he felt on this day of all days. he was happy, as if he were finally coming to terms with how he's feeling and not trying to fight or deny what happened anymore.

penelope dusted her hands off and took a step closer to john, squinting her eyes lightly, "i'm happy you're happy john," she gave him a sweet smile then turned to look at the headstone which read, "Sabrina Dawson 1926-1956".

"bye mum," she said quietly.

the both of them walked back to the car and headed towards the pier agreeing that they could waste the day away there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 723 27
Something for all Beatles fans to relate to! Read for yourself the struggles, activities, and confessions of a Beatles fangirl! (New chapters every w...
1.5K 84 26
Who would've thought that a small, local church would bring two polar opposite people together. That was the thought that ran through a teen boy's he...
85.6K 2.4K 33
"We grew up together thinking of each other as best friends, but these last few weeks have been like us really getting to know each other, getting to...
2.9K 71 14
Sequeal to BOOK 1 and BOOK 2 More troubles, love, magical and .....Paul.