Long Story Short, The Condom...

By prinses1010

There's a story behind every person. There's a reason why they're the way they are. They aren't just like tha... More

Kicked Out ✔️
Baby Daddy ✔️
First Day Back ✔️
The Names Adams, Everly Adams ✔️
It Smells A Lot Like Your Ego ✔️
Some Deep Shit ✔️
My Story ( Part 1) ✔️
My Story ( Part 2) ✔️
We Are Just Friends ✔️
He's A Bad Guy ✔️
Snakes And Football Games ✔️
I'm Done ✔️
I'm Loving It ✔️
Burn ✔️
Ride Or Die ✔️
Ireland ✔️
What A Bitch ✔️
Sleeping Pills And Chocolate Bars ✔️
Little Kingdom ✔️
Baby Kicks And Back Pains ✔️
Another Letter ✔️
It's Go Time ✔️
Blake ✔️
Cheesecake ✔️
Ex-girlfriend ✔️
Wounds ✔️
Hideouts ✔️
The Snake's Leader Must Fall ✔️
Fat-Ass ✔️
Door Knocks ✔️
Brownie Please ✔️
Drunk Talk Is Real Talk ✔️
Steve ✔️
So This Is How I Die ✔️
Babyshower ✔️
Unexpected ✔️
Labor (Part 1) ✔️
Labor (Part 2) ✔️
Labor (Part 3) ✔️
She's Mine ✔️
Home ✔️
Leila ✔️
What The Hell Did I Get Myself Into? ✔️
Pool House ✔️
Xavier ✔️
Plot Twist ✔️
Nightmares ✔️
Mama Bear ✔️
Cake ✔️
Selfies ✔️
Morning Run ✔️
Never Alone ✔️
Name Reveals And Surprise Visitors ✔️
What Do We Do Now? ✔️
Crying Babies And Car Rides ✔️
Mommy Dearest ✔️
Confessions ✔️
Cold Hearted ✔️
My Names Jeff ✔️
Mission Impossible ✔️
The Silent Attack ✔️
It's Your Choice ✔️
His Decision (Last Chapter) ✔️
Epilogue
Thank You!
NEW BOOK!!!!
Bonus Chapter : Wedding Scene

Obsession ✔️

95.7K 4.2K 1K
By prinses1010

Everly's pov

" How is she doing?"

" She's stable but because of the blood loss, she's a little drained."

" But she's okay?"

I hear soft whispers around me. I hate it when people talk when I'm trying to sleep. Do they not see a soul that needs resting?

Wait where am I?

Resisting the urge to freak out on the voices, I open my one eye. I expect it to be burned by the early morning sun but it isn't. I open my eye further and realize it's dark outside.

I'm in a hospital room.

Memories of what had happened before comes crashing down my memory lane. The pain. The blood.

" The baby. Is my baby okay? Tell me my baby is okay!"

I hear a beeping go off next to me. It's a heart monitor from the visible lines going up and down. And the fact that I binge watch Grey's Anatomy on a regular basis to know a few of the basics.

" Take it easy Everly. You need to rest." Alexa calms me down.

I look at the doctor that is standing next to her, with pleading eyes.

I can't loose my baby. It's the only thing I have left for existing. It's the only thing that makes me feel comfortable with myself. Although the circumstances aren't as planned, it still brings me joy.

" Your baby is fine."

A sigh of relief leaves my mouth. My baby is okay, I'm okay, everything is going to be okay.

" What about the bleeding?" I question the doctor in clear confusion. Bleeding while pregnant with the amount of blood that I lost isn't always a good sign.

" Round about 20% of woman have some bleeding at the beginning of their pregnancy. Possible causes of the bleeding could be problems with the cervix or placental abruption. Normally woman don't bleed as bad as you did so we are going to keep you here for a few days just to make sure there are no further complications. "

After the doctor explains he walks out of the room. I look at Alexa, confusion written all over my face.

" Did you catch what he said? "

" Not a word. "

At least I know the baby is fine. That's the most important right now. A breath of relief once again leaves my lungs and a wave of fatigue replaces it.

" It's getting pretty late. I have to get going. I promise to be back early tomorrow morning." Alexa breaks my lingering thoughts.

She kisses my head and rushes out of the door.

Great. Now I'm all alone.

Before I could get comfortable in this comfy hospital bed, a nice looking middle aged lady walks in.

" Hi. My name is Margaret and I'm here to monitor the baby."

" Everly. Nice to meet you." I smile at the nurse. She pushes a tray with numerous of items on it that even Grey's Anatomy won't help me identify before coming to a stop next to my bed.

" So Everly, tell me, how's the pregnancy handling you?" she starts off as she gets everything ready for the ultra sound.

" It's been tough." I admit truthfully. It really hasn't been a joy ride with all the drama that has followed but I do notice a change in my mood with every day that passes by. I'm excited to welcome the jelly bean into my life.

I don't want to go into detail about all the ups and downs about my pregnancy with the stranger in my room so instead of explain my said words I settle with a small smile.

" Well look on the bright side. You made it through your first trimester and that's the hardest one to go through. "

She switches on the little screen and starts rubbing some jelly looking stuff on belly.

Her words make me feel more at ease. I did it. I made it through the most difficult stage of pregnancy. Although I almost didn't make it, I can't be more relieved.

" And here's your beautiful baby girl."

My attention snaps back to the doctor.

" I-it's a girl?"

Her eyes widen. I guess she just realized that I didn't know the sex of the baby.

" Everly I am so so-"

" It's a girl." someone says behind me.

I turn my attention to the door and watch a relieved looking Liam.

What in the name of peanuts is Liam doing here?

" Liam?" I question with wide eyes as my heart drops into my stomach and I heart the heart monitor start beating faster. Ah shit. Hopefully Liam doesn't notice the increase in my heart rate. That would be something I won't be able to live down.

Liam walks into the room to get a closer look at the screen.

" I'm so sorry for saying the baby's sex. I assumed you knew." Margaret apologizes.

I'm having a baby girl. In less than 6 months, a little me is going to run around.

" You should assume better next time." Liam spits out in clear anger .

" Liam stop it. It's fine Margaret. I don't mind. "

I glare at Liam and then look back to Margaret. She looks a little uncomfortable with Liam standing beside me and as much as I want to deny it, it feels good to have him beside me.

Margaret continues monitoring the baby and as soon as she leaves, the room fills with tension.

" What are you doing here Liam?" I ask still feeling the fatigue calling me to sleep.

" I came as soon as I heard. "

Aww- no.

" How'd you even know I was here? "I question with a raised eyebrow.

" I have my sources Everly. "

I nod in return. I don't really have anything to say to him. I really thought that after what had happened he wouldn't bother talking to me again. And guess what, he's standing here beside me, making sure that I'm okay.

" I'm just really happy the baby is okay." he points out all of the sudden.

For some reason it pisses me off. Sure he's trying to be sweet and all but I've handled this pregnancy all by myself and now all of the sudden he wants to worm his way in? I guess I'm still fed up by the whole Justin not being in my baby's life thing.

" Why do you care? " I snap and immediately regret it. I hate using him as a punching bag when I think of Justin. Not all men are the same. 

I hear him sigh.

" You are still fed up on the girl you saw at the mall aren't you?"

I don't answer. My heart still aches at remembering the encounter at the mall. I think I'm more upset with myself with allowing these feelings to cloud my judgment.

" Listen Everly. She is one of the gang's prostitutes. She has a very important session coming up that she can't mess up. I had to give her a few orders to reassure everything goes smoothly. What you saw was me showing her how to handle the guy she's going to be pleasing because he isn't an easy client. She means nothing to me I promise. "

There he goes with the prostitution thing. He makes it sound so casual. I really want to ask him on that but I'd rather not know the reason behind it. It's his life. Who am I to judge?

How come I feel a little reliefed by what he said? She doesn't mean anything to him... And that shouldn't mean anything to me because we aren't dating. Yet I'm happy about it.

" Okay. " I reply trying not to sound too relieved by his answer.

" Okay? Is that all you can say? Not even 'I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions'?"

" Nope."

He rolls his eyes but I see a little smile form on his lips making his dimples pop out more.

"So we cool now?" he asks with a hopeful look plastered on his face.

" Like ice."

He takes a seat in the chair next to my bed. We don't say anything. It's not an awkward silence though, it's more like a relaxing kind of silence. I guess we're both relieved that this eventful day has come to an end.

" Do you know if they have chicken nuggets here?" Liam breaks the silence.

I can't help but laugh.

Gosh, Liam can be an asshole sometimes but I can't stay mad at this chicken-nugget-lover-freak.

_______________________________________

A/N!!! (21/07/2021)

Guys please remeber that I'm not a doctor so don't come at me if your knowledge about situations like the one above is better than mine :(

Stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 458 27
"The good girl meets the bad boy, they follow the road of love. But while riding, they face many anti-love obstacles that try to stop them from being...
259K 7.6K 31
I pull up outside of his house and I don't move, "Want me to stay here so you have a ride home?" She shakes her head, "No. I'll probably get a ride f...
653K 15.1K 51
After an unpleasant two years away from her hometown, Chloe Woods is excited to return. She's looking forward to rekindling her friendship with John...
571K 20.7K 29
I think that sometimes the universe likes to play sick jokes on people. Like sometimes you drop the ice cream you've been craving on the floor before...