𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗿𝗜𝗻𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗴𝘂�...

By Hermohermoine

A story in which a quiet town is home to the quiet girl, A.J. Jones who would do anything for her twin brothe... More

Cast
We can't live without a home
The book
Jason's killer
The Black hood
Trading schools
The tales of Nancy Drew
The Red Circle
Becoming serpents
The fight (serpents vs. bulldogs)
Race with ghoulies
The snake charmer
The snake charmer pt.2
Dad is getting out of jail!
Trading schools again?
Sorry another not a chapter
Riverdale High
Introductions & vandalism
Knight in shining armor and party for dad
Retirement party= breakups
No more Peabody or Blackhood
"Happy Pickens day!" *not*
The case of the missing pickens head
My brothers girlfriend cleaned up a dead guy
The Shadow lakes house
He's like Dracula
Hunger strike
They found the car
Saving Cheryl
Carrie the musical
Carrie the musical pt.2
Guess who's back in town
I'm not stupid he didn't do it
Reggie shot Fangs?????
Dads to the rescue
The ultimate sacrifice
Waking up and new information
The real retirement + arrests = "The best day ever"
Court Room and The Pool Party Fail
Lots of I'm sorrys and "The what King?"
Not a chapter
Ethel
Ethel pt.2/// Griphons and Gargoyles
"What the heck is a Speak Easy?"
I'm not property of Malachai.
Definietely not my style
Manhunter
Do you wanna drive
Everyone loves my outfit
Your family
Have you seen BadBoys 2
You have no food!
The Queen of England?
Princess
The floors are nice
Just Talk
I'm happy with life
Candy Store Songs&Dark Secrets
Understanding
Talks of the Future
First Challenge: 'Secrets, and Sins'
Challenge 2&3: Not Tonight
The Final Challenge: A Job Well Done
Leaving time
Promposal&Revamped Business Alliance
Assitance Transferred
A Load of Crap
Diggin Up a Body
Not a Sidekick
The Harpy
My Challenge
The Final Betrayal
Epilogue
Don't Hate Me
GUESS WHAT!!!!

Keep Fighting

905 18 0
By Hermohermoine

At 8:47 on a Wednesday morning. Archie Andrews died. At least, the Archie we knew. What returned to Riverdale was something different from the red headed boy-next-door. He was now a stranger, with dark hair and scars... both in and out.

"Two chocolates, one double chocolate, one vanilla, and a root beer float for Archie," Jughead sent me a confused glance as I sat diagonally across from him. Across from Betty and next to Archie. I knew now though that this was not just Archie he was different changed. Pop drew me out of my thoughts as he greeted the boy "Welcome home son." "Thanks Pop," I looked out the window and I could feel Archie follow my gaze. "Since when do you drink root beer floats," Betty questioned paying for the shakes and mine and Jughead's burgers.

"I guess I'm just not in the mood for a strawberry milkshake," Veronica turned to him from the other side of him and Jughead breathed heavily. "New hair, new drink, new haunted vacant look in your eyes" "Jug," I whispered to my brother. "Guys, Archie just lived through The Revenant. Let him order what he wants" Veronica grabbed his hand from under the table and he looked uncomfortable.

"So what'd I miss while I was gone?"

I laughed out loud and Archie turned to me "What?" he whispered "A lot." "Well, thanks to the town's quarantine orchestrated by my fathers, Pops was shut down and just re-opened. And he's also been attacking shipments to the Speakeasy. But thankfully I've hired the serpents as my full-time protection, and that service extends to you Archie. Oh and A.J. is my new business partner." I nodded "You one have to worry about Hiram's goons coming after you or your dad. You won't be able to see 'em but we have guys watching you, 24/7. And I have a possible lead that could diffuse this threat permanently," my brother smirked at me and I smiled back softly remembering the conversation I had with Fangs last night.

"What, Jug?" I pushed my burger into my mouth and took a bit out of it slurping my double chocolate shake. Jughead looked around and leaned making me sigh. "You can't tell anyone," he whispered to us. "Fangs is deep undercover in the gargoyle gang. He hasn't met the king yet, but he's working on it, and when we get access to him," he paused "We're gonna take him down," I finished and nodded. "My bet isn't that's its Hiram underneath the mask.... sorry Veronica," she shook her head "Don't be. I wouldn't put it past him," I sighed and took another gulp of my shake.

"Well there goes studying for the SATs."

Archie placed his cup down on the table. "What? SATs?" I nodded "Yea there this Saturday," Betty replied. His eyes filled with shock and I sighed "Don't worry Arch I will help you study and get caught up, okay? We all will," I nodded "I'm down."

Archie sighed leaning his head back against the booth. "I'm sorry Betty but your debit card was declined," Pop handed the card back to Betty and she stared down at it surprised. "I got you B, just put it on my tab Pop," Veronica instructed.

**********************
The next day

  First, second, and third period went by in a blur, but walking to fourth period I noticed Reggie sulking  in a corner across from my classroom. I walked over to my brooding friend "What's wrong Reg," he looked up at me and sighed. "Ver..." he exhaled deeply "Veronica broke up with you because Archie's back and your pretended like you understood that she doesn't want Archie to know but you really like her," his eyes widened surprised making me laugh. "How'd you know that?" I shrugged "You're one of my best friends Reggie I can tell when you like someone," his eyebrows jumped to the top of his head.

I saw in the corner of my eye Sweet Pea walk by "Sweets," his ears perked up at the sound of his name as he turned around with a smirk on his face. "What's up princess," I looked back at Reggie "What do you suppose is the cure for a heartbroken man," Reggie rolled his eyes and Sweet Pea noticed him turning to Reggie. "I suppose a Pops milkshake wouldn't hurt," I nodded and Reggie smiled softly

"As long as I don't have to pay."

I laughed and pulled a 100 out of my pocket that I out there when I pulled all that extra money out of my college money box. "It's on me boys," my boyfriend and best friend followed me out of school and to Pops leaving their cars and motorcycles, so we can chat as we walk.

When we got there we all ordered shakes while reggie ordered onion rings, Sweet Pea ordered cheese fries and I order tater tots. We talked about random things like football, the Speakeasy, the SATs, Fangs' exile came up once but I quickly changed the subject when I noticed Sweet Pea's sad looking face.

At 4:27 on the dot my phon started vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at it.

Beanie Boy 👦🏽

I looked up at the laughing boys. "I have to take this," they both stopped eventually and gave me the okay. I walked into the restroom and called my brother.

J- Hey we're going to Archie's house
Aj- Why?
J- Don't ask me you volunteered us, and it's our turn okay so meet me there okay
Aj- Alright Love you
J- love you
J&Aj- Bye

  I walked over to the table we were sitting out and placed thirty dollars on the table gently. "You two go have fun okay? Sweet Pea I'm giving you thirty dollars to mend this mans broken heart okay. What you choose to do with is your decision," Sweet Pea nodded with a smirk tugging at his lips and Reggie sent me a soft smile. "Okay, bye guys," I waved at them as I walked away.

"Bye Princess."
"Adios."

************************

"Iconoclast," after what seemed like forever we were now doing flash cards. "Iconoclast..." Archie  sighed sitting up straighter and putting his fingers in the bridge of his nose. "Okay, Iconoclast... that is..." I looked up at my brother and he pushed the cards down in his lap. "A person who attacks another's cherished beliefs," my brother explained.

"I'm in high school how am I supposed to know that?" he glanced at me and I shrugged not able to think of a good enough answer. "Why don't we start thinking about the SATs in terms of strategy. When I doubt, why don't you just... fill in all the bubbles marked D," I rolled my eyes as I graded the paper. "A.J. how did I do on the practice test. I ranked it, didn't I?" I looked up at him and gulped.

"Um..." I picked up the paper and Archie took it out of my hand. "I got a 600 on this part," I sighed "Thats your combined score, Arch," I looked back down at the book and flipped through the papers. "It's in the bottom 10th percentile," Archie looked down disappointed in himself when mine and Jughead's phone buzzed at the same time.

Fangy
👹

Jughead looked at me and I nodded "Alright guys, we gotta go. It's Fangs," Jughead explained to Archie, and Betty. "Do you want me to come with you?" Archie asked as I handed the book to Betty. "No. I'd stay and get a couple extra hours cramming in. If anyone's gonna get you up to speed it's Betty," I nodded and Jughead walked over to his girlfriend placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Bye."
"Bye."

I waved at the two before following Jughead out of the room. "Good luck," I told them.

******************

"Guys. I'm in," I was sitting next to Jughead across the table sat Fangs in Dilton Doiley's underground bunker. "Tell us everything," Jug instructed. "What happened?" I added. "The gargoyle king. The other guys told me he's impressed by my fizzle rocks sales, so he wants to invite me to his inner circle. They're having a ceremony tomorrow night. He'll be there," I gulped not liking how close Fangs was, because if he got caught it would be bad. Jughead just clapped excitedly, one single clap. "Fangs, this is huge. Where's it happening?" Jughead looked happy but I stared at the table not really wanting him to answer.

"A clearing in Fox Forest. Not too far from here. What do you want me to do?" Jughead looked at me and I held his gaze already knowing the answer he was going with. He turned back to Fangs with a smirk. "We want you to go," Fangs looked terrified as he turned to me. "Don't worry," I whispered "You're gonna have back up."

*************************

"SURPRISE!"

Archie walked in with his newly - dyed back- red hair. Archie laughed and looked at Betty with a big grin. "What is... what is all this?" I looked up at Veronica in a long shimmery silk black dress, she stood up on the stage looking good. "Well it was going to be a study party, but that was before you came back home to us," I noticed Reggie sitting next to Sweet Pea at a lone table and turned to my brother.

"I'll be right back," he nodded and I walked over to the boys. "So now its a study/ welcome home party, Archie," Reggie's jaw was clenched as he stared at Veronica. I spun the chair around and sat down on it backwards. "Children," I greeted sarcastically. Sweet Pea smirked at me and grabbed my hand but Reggie just smiled softly. "Complete with a musical a mouse boush by moi. So take a seat, lover, and let me entertain you." Reggie glared at the redhead as he took a seat in the table next to ours. I grabbed his glass and took a sip.

The smooth looking liquid, burned as it went down my throat leaving it on fire. I gagged "Gah, What is that," I whispered to him as Veronica started to sing. He chuckled softly before responding, "Hennessy." I gulped I do my best not to drink alcohol, considering what happened last time, but that was just playing awful. Reggie's eyes flickered to the redhead as the boy watched his girlfriend spill out a beautiful Spanish song. Reggie's glances soon turned into a full glare.

Sweet Pea sent me a look and I sighed before sending him a curt nod. "Reggie hasn't your mother taught you not stare," he turned to me but he still looked angry. I looked at Archie and his head twisted "I'll be right back," I whispered to the boys. They both sent me nods before I walked over to Archie kneeling next to him. "Hey, arch you okay?" he nodded and I smiled. "Just making sure," he nodded again with a fake smile this time and I walked back to my seat hesitantly.

A few seconds after I walked away from Archie he stood up and walked out of the Speakeasy. Reggie looked furious as he pointed at where the boy was sitting. "Hey it's okay," I whispered to him. He just rolled his eyes surprising me. If there's one thing Reggie's never been to me, it's gotta be being rude. Sweet Pea grabbed my hand against wrapping it in his. I looked up at him and hit hard into my lip knowing what he was thinking. Reggie was heartbroken I have to be nicer to him.

*********************
The next day.

It seemed like no time passed by when night came. Hiding behind the tree in the middle of the dark eerie forest, I could actually say I was scared. A new gargoyle walked up to the gang and I could tell it was Fangs by the posture and the hesitation behind each step. "Fangs Fogarty, kneel before your king," I bit down on my lip nervously watching him as he stepped forward and got on his knees. The gargoyle talked to Fangs a few seconds ago grabbed a metal pole and pushed it into the fire before pulling out again.

It was the mark on Archie's hip.
The symbol for sacrifice.

"To enter his kingdom, you must bear his mark. The mark of a gargoyle," I nodded to my brother and him and my dad knocked out the two gargoyles on watch. I watched horrified as Fangs pulled up his shirt and the gargoyle held the burning pole next to his skin. "Now!" Jughead yelled. I screamed as I ran out behind the tree ready to take down gargoyles.

"It's the serpents. Scatter," the gargoyles did as told and scattered. I ran over to one of them knocked it to the ground kicking it in the head, "Sweet Pea get Fangs!" I yelled. Jughead and I ran over to the 'king' Jughead kicked him to the ground. "You're mine!" I pulled the hood up and Jughead ripped of the mask. I gulped as the cold face looked up to us.

"Tallboy?"

**************************

I stood next to Sweet Pea holding his hand watching my brother punch a tied up Tallboy. He grunted as my father's fist came in contact with his face. "We all thought you were dead tallboy. Where you been hiding," my stomach jumped as Tallboy spit out blood. "A small town called Athens," Sweet Pea cracked his knuckles and I pulled away from his grip slowly. He looked down at me surprised and I sent him a small reassuring smile. "Gotta day it's good to be back. And Alice Cooper, she was liking extra sweet the night me and my boys broke into her house, and scared the crap out of her bitch daughter" Sweet Pea looked down at me and I clenched my jaw.

"That was fun."

Jughead leapt forward and punched him in the face. His laugh even sounded evil. "All right, lets cut to the chase," I stepped forward swallowing down her fears. "We know your working for Hiram. You've been dressing up in that little costume, like his mascot. So now you are going to help us rise him down," I was up in his face now. "I'm surprised your talking little serpent slut," Sweet Pea lunges forward and took the chance to hit him.

"You know what else was fun?" I backed away not wanting to know the answer. "Carving That symbol into Joaquin's forehead after I killed him," Fangs and Sweet Pea jumped of furiously. "Your dead," Sweet Pea yelled "You son of a bitch," I pushed Sweet Pea back this time. "What?" Fangs questioned angrily. "He killed Joaquin!" I bit the inside of my cheek angrily. My brother stepped forward to the bleeding middle aged man.

"What do you think Tallboy, huh? Should I let them tear you limb from limb or are you gonna help us get Hiram?" Sweet Pea was breathing heavily slowly calming his anger, and his loyalty to his friend get to him. "I know you have access to him," Jughead was kneeling next to Tallboy. "The man in black would never agree to meet with me. Not unless I have something that he really wants," Jughead and looked at me and I sighed before nodding, already knowing what my brother was thinking.

********************************

"Look guys I don't know if I can handle anymore quizzing," after restless sleep Jughead and I went straight to Archie's house after school. "That's not why we're here. We need your help, Archie. The gargoyle king is Tallboy. We have him locked in the bunker," Archie squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head. "Tallboy's alive?" I nodded "Yeah, he's been hiding in Athens."

"This is our shot to finally smoke out Hiram Lodge," I started. "But we're going to need bait to lure the man in black out of the shadows, and we're betting the thing that he still wants most... is you." Archie nodded slowly "Save your breath, guys. You don't have to convince me to take down Hiram Lodge. I'm in," Jughead smirked as him and Archie shook hands.

***************************

"I have the red pallidin. Him and his friends tried to ambush us in the woods. If you want him-" "I do," I pointed the gun at Tallboy's temple hating the feel of the nasty weapon in my hand. Sweet Pea held the phone up to Tallboy's mouth so he could talk to Hiram. "Where?" Sweet Pea looked at me and smiled. I faked a smile back not really knowing why I couldn't be happy. We had a plan I just didn't like it. "Usual meeting place. Nine o'clock," my dad Archie, and my brother watched as Tallboy talked through the phone.

"Understood. Good work."

***********************

A black Toyota pulled up and stopped at the other side of the bridge. I kneeled next to my brother as a man dressed in all black made its way out of the car and over to my dad who was dressed as the gargoyle king holding Archie who was on his knees. "You're not Hiram," the man looked up revealing his face and I realized who it was Claudius Blossom.

"Tallboy?" my dad pulled the mask off, "Looks like neither of us is who we were expecting," Archie looked up at the man. "What the devil," Archie jumped up and grabbed his right hand while Jughead ran over and grabbed his left. "Claudius Blossom," I walked over to the three boys and smirked. "Your not the man in black," Jughead deadpanned.

"What happened? Why would Hiram send you?"

"I don't know what you mean," he glanced at Archie before trying to run, but my brother got him before he could make it past a foot past him. "Save it for the judge, Blossom. You may not be the man in black, but his stink is in you. I'm making a citizens arrest."

***********************

"Hey can we talk?" I turned to my brother as we walked the path home. "What's up," he shrugged "I don't know. I feel bad I've been so busy we barely talk anymore," I chuckled softly. "That's not your fault what with a serial killer running around and all," I threw my hands up in the air dramatically "I mean jeez Jug we ain't got a sheriff so you got a job to do. Be the detective," he laughed this time making me grin, happy that through all this crazy he was still happy. "Hey so what's up with Reggie," I looked at the ground feeling bad for my best friend.

"He's having, uh girl troubles, that's all I can really say," his eyebrows furrowed as he glanced up at me before looking back down at the ground he was walking on. "You can't tell your twin brother that you tell everything to," I rolled my eyes and breathed out heavily.

"He and Veronica were kind of a thing so went Archie got back Veronica ditched him like a dog who got a new toy," my words turned into grumbles as I glared at the ground. "Oh," I looked up and almost magically we were already at our trailer. "Are you scared," I turned to him confused "Bout What?" he stepped up the few stairs and stopped at the doorway. "Um the SATs," I gasped the memory of the big rest we were taking tomorrow.

"Oh crap Jug."

He laughed "I'm gonna take that as I yes." I slowly nodded and he pulled the door open after unlocking it. He threw the keys on the table and walked into our room before coming back with books, like a lot of books

"Ugh does this mean I have to study."

***************************
The next day.

I twisted my pencil around in my small fingers and stared at white booklet in fear. "You have 30 minutes  to complete the first portion of the SAT math section. When you are finished do not skip ahead to the other sections. I will issue a five-minute warning for your convenience prior to the limit," Jughead glanced back  at me one last time sending a reassuring smile. I smiled back and he turned around."Do you all understand?" most of the class responded with nods and some with 'Okays' and 'Yea's'.

"Good."

"You May begin."

I pulled the stiff white cover open and read the question. I smiled as I wrapped a circle around c with my pencil. I might be okay. After flipping through several pages I glanced up and noticed Archie looking around, probably trying to cheat. He looked at me and I turned back to the test quickly. He looked back at his paper and leaned his temple onto his pointy finger.

I shook my head and looked back down. I answered several more problems and in the corner of my eye I could see Archie stand up and storm out of the classroom. "Is there a problem?" the teacher questioned. He kept walking to the door and Veronica stood up walking after him. "Archie-" she got cut off by the teacher.

"If you follow him out that door, it's an automatic zero," she rolled her eyes and stomped back to her seat.

************************

I rushed in the hospital right as Archie stormed out. "Jeez What was that all about," a small tear strolled down her cheek and swiped it off with my thumb. "Your broke up did you," she nodded slowly more tears starting to form and I pulled her into a tight hug. "How's he doing," I looked into the window Hiram's room and almost as if she felt my stare Hermione glanced back at me. I swear a smirk was tugging at her lips.

"We don't know yet, he just got out of surgery," I wondered if I really cared about Hiram being okay or if I was just being nice to Veronica. "I'm sorry V," I looked up at her and her eyes held a desperate longing look making me feel worse. She threw her hands in the air "I'm slowly going insane, like how can so many bad things happen at once," I stayed quiet. I didn't really know the answer.

"You got any advice," I shrugged letting my mind think of sentence. "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. You must do the thing you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt," she nodded like she seemed to understand what I was telling her.

"Keep fighting."

*************************

I followed my brother down the ladder into Dilton's bunker. I had to leave Veronica after I got a strange, and scary, text from Sweet Pea. Fangs groaned loudly, "Fangs, Sweet Pea What happened?" my brothers words echoed along the walls. Sweet Pea grabbed the back of Fangs' shirt. "Don't touch him. Don't touch him," I couldn't see much over Jughead but I could see they both looked terrified.

"What happened?" I practically yelled. I stepped out of the entrance and looked to the ground where they were staring. There lay a cold limp pile of a body. Then it clicked. It's Tallboy.

"Tallboy was just trying to escape... I don't know it was an accident," I stared in horror. "You gotta believe us," Jughead dropped to his knees and I did my best to keep my breathing normal. "What are we gonna do, Guys? Look at him. What do we do Guys. I told him not to come at me like that. I told him. What do we do? Look at him!" I stood behind Jughead "Shut up! Let me think," I flinched and walked over to the two nervous boys.

"It's okay," I whispered random reassuring things to calm them down, so Jughead could think of something because to be honest, I didn't have a clue. Fangs started to sob and a pulled him into a quick hug. I could almost see the light bulb beam above Jughead's head as he turned to us. "We're gonna through a party," I stared at him confused. Sweet Pea looked at me then Fangs who was trembling.

"Okay."

*****************************

Sweet Pea was shaking and I grabbed his hand. My brother walked over and Sweet Pea grabbed him by his collar with his free hand. "We're freaking out, dude," Jughead looked at me and even I couldn't held but let me hands tremble. I was terrified with that what happened.

"Hey, just keep it together, guys, okay?" Fangs shivered and I pulled Sweet Peas jacket off of me handing it to him hoping it'd be big enough. "It was an accident," I whispered. "As far as anyone knows Tallboy's been exiled. I exiled him," Jughead added. I pulled my hand away and stood in front of them "Relax, okay? Just grab a drink," Jughead grabbed a coke and shoved it in Fangs' hand.

"And party like your life depends on it," I added. Jughead walked over to the old truck and stood up on the hood of the truck. "Serpents..." Jughead clapped once "We have a lot to celebrate!" the crowd whooped and hollered happily. "We finally unmasked our foe, the Gargoyle King," Sweet Pea faked an excited holler and Fangs nodded slowly.

"Hiram Lodge, the man in black, is down for the count! And tonight we're welcoming back one of our own... Fangs Fogarty," I turned back to Fangs with a goofy grin. Sweet Pea placed his hand on Fangs' shoulder and shook it a little. "Serpents! Serpents! Serpents!" The crowd continued to chant till sirens blaring overcame tent city.

Jughead looked up nervously, and jumped off the truck. We all held our stare on the car wanting to know what we've probably been accused of now. "Oh god! They know about Tallboy," Fangs latched onto Sweet Pea and I shook my head. "That's impossible. The only people that know are us for and only few other people even know the bunker exists," I tried to reassure Fangs but even I was a little nervous. A man pulled himself out of the car and kept his eyes to the ground as he walked over to us.

The man lifted his hat and I could feel my whole body relax. "Dad?" My dad just smirked at my brother, "It's Sheriff Jones now, boy." He winked at my brother and I laughed replied flooding over my body. "Listen up! You're looking at the new law in Riverdale."

Sweet Pea pulled me into an excited hug causing me to laugh again. Unfortunately that's when my mind started to get the better of me.

Is this really a good thing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 776 36
betty cooper sister of sweetpea cooper has a crush on popular serpent jughead jones ( his brothers bestfriend). does he feel the same way?
86.3K 1.9K 35
Jughead Jones the leader of a gang meets the innocent Betty Cooper, who has recently moved to her two best friends in Riverdale. She has been warned...
21.4K 519 37
Jughead Jones came new in town to meet a quiet and shy Betty Cooper. She doesn't open up to anyone including her brother but maybe Jughead can change...
19.5K 174 16
Malaya Jones the girl who has her daddy big bad serpent king wrapped around her finger. She the one who stuck by his side when her mom, little sister...