Patience

By Kris_Stien

She the patient, she needs patience in him finding a cure He has to be patient with her condition World class... More

Authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25*
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29*
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35*
Chapter 36
Medical words
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40*
Chapter 41*
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Eighteen months later...
Another two years later...
Forty Years Later...
Tip

Six months later...

2.2K 72 22
By Kris_Stien

"I can't believe we've finally settled in" Harry fell down on the red armchair.
"I thought we would have to keep unpacking boxes till we were eighty." he let his head fall back, arms resting on each side of the armrests.
 "You are so dramatic." I laughed, laying on our new grey couch under my red blanket.

I slowly let my eyes roam over Harry's body, he looked so good sitting there in his white t shirt, ripped jeans, his legs open to give his junk all the space it needed, I wanted to sink down on my knees and give him a treat for all his hard work. Harry practically moved all our stuff in our new house alone.

After Harry signed the contract to start to work at University Hospital in Brussels, Belgium, we started to look for a house or apartment in the hospital area. It wasn't easy, we wanted something without stairs because that's easier for me, Harry really wanted a garden and a space to create a little gym. With help of our friends, my doctor Maarten and his wife Elisabeth we found a huge three bedroom house. When I first saw the pictures I told Harry it would be too big for us but he insisted on visiting it and it was like when Harry and I first met, love at first sight.

When you come in through our black front door you can go through a door at the left to the living area with a fireplace. Passing on through there is a dining area with a big wooden table to seat lots of people. Left from the dining area is a white kitchen with a little breakfast bar. The whole backside of the house, from the dining area and the kitchen is covered with a huge window overlooking on our beautiful garden with our jacuzzi.
If we want to go back in the house from the garden there is a back door that brings us in a hallway with doors to the kitchen, Harry's gym and the garage.
If we would go back to the hallway by the front door and go to the right that hallway would lead to Harry's office, a room with no designation so far, the master bathroom, two medium sized bedrooms and the master bedroom, which was so big we could use it as a ballroom. Behind a wall on the left side a big hidden walk in closet and on the right side our en suite bathroom with a huge rain shower.

"Monday will be your first day at the hospital, are you nervous?" I ask Harry. The past six months we have been so busy with looking for a house, preparing the move, looking for painters, a cleaning lady, setting up a Belgian bank account... and Harry had to make sure all the documents for his medical license were okay to work here too.

"I'm mostly nervous about the teaching. I always had interns before but now I will have to be in front of a class. I will teach in English and I do understand lots of Dutch words but I'm afraid language will be a problem while I'm teaching." Harry was so insecure about his ability to speak Dutch but to be honest he was so good at it. Since we started to learn Dutch five months ago he made a lot of progress, more so than me and I'm the one who spends more hours studying.
"It won't, it isn't teenagers who you will have in front of you. It are adults who already have been studying medicine for five or six years, who thought about what interests them the most and have chosen neurosurgery as their speciality because they think it's interesting and they think they can make a difference in that medical field. You will do great." I smile at Harry who gets up and comes sit down next to me.

It turned out Harry did amazingly well, his students loved his way of teaching, they adored him and Harry really liked it. Teaching a the university is just one day a week, he also has one day where he is teaching his students in a skills lab, one day for his research, one day for seeing patients which is the only day Harry has to work late, and one day for his surgeries. He is on call one week every two months but it doesn't get as crazy as in London because he has so many residents to help him. It means that Harry can spend more time with me at home and he loves it. He has also started to play golf with Maarten and some other colleagues. Harry loves it here, he looks much happier than he did in London.

Since I told my parents about the move and my dad walked out on me I haven't heard from them. I sent them a card and some photos of our new home shortly after we moved in but I got no response. Today, three months after we moved in our new house I received a letter from my mother telling me how happy she is we settled in and how beautiful she thinks our house is. She wrote how happy Harry and I looked on the picture I had sent her and how glad she is I finally found the one. She wrote the letter behind my dad's back so I guess he is still mad at me. I'm sad about it, I don't understand how he can let me go like that but it's his choice.
Anne comes over every two months and we video chat every Wednesday night. She is such a lovely woman, I'm lucky to have her in my life. She took over the mom role from my mother, I can call her twenty-four-seven. I even call her mom and she loves it.

Tonight Harry has a surprise for me, he has been teasing me about it all week but he doesn't want to say what he is planning.
Before he went to work this morning he announced that I don't have to cook, he will bring take out with him after work.
We made the rule to have dinner together every night and discuss our day and catch up. Often we eat at the breakfast bar in the kitchen but tonight I have set the table in the dining room. It will be dark by the time Harry comes home so I put on the little lamp on one side of the dresser while on the other side I will light a couple of candles. I set the dinner table with our white plates and decorate with some candles and flowers.
Harry and I both love red, all over the house are little red details like red pillows on the couch, red sheets on the bed, a red rug in the living room.... I used red again while preparing the dining room, red napkins, candles and the red roses Harry gifted me the other day...
When the dining room is ready, I only have to light the candles before Harry arrives, I went to the bathroom for a hot shower. I washed my hair and made sure all the unwanted hair from my body was removed, just to make sure I am prepared for any situation. After my shower I straighten my hair and rub my body with lavender scented body oil before I lay down on our California king sized bed in our bedroom.
At six pm Harry texted that he was leaving the hospital. I get out our bed and pull on a red panties and a gartered corset with stockings, a matching satin gown and black pumps. I hurry into the dining room to light the candles before going to the kitchen where I can hear Harry's exact arrival. I hop up the kitchen counter and try to sit in a sexy pose. After ten minutes I hear the garage open, Harry's car drives inside and the garage shuts again, then I hear Harry close his door and open the inner door, footsteps are coming closer. When the door of the kitchen opens I hold my breath "Schatteke, ik ben thuis!" (honey, I'm home!) he yells while setting his bag down. I have to stop myself from giggling, he sounds so adorable when he speaks Dutch.
Harry puts the light on and turns around before he freezes when he sees me. His jaw on the floor, eyes bulging out.
"Hi babe, had a nice day?" I ask while I try and fail to hop gracious of the counter, I walk towards Harry and let his eyes wander over my body. I stop right in front of him and kiss him passionately, Harry's hands explore my body.
"You look so beautiful." Harry whispers against my lips when we break apart.
"Are you hungry?" I nod, so together we start to plate the Chinese take out and go to the dining area.
"Romantic." Harry comments with a mischievous grin as he enters the room. Harry smiles at me, "Looks like you wanted to make my special night, extra special."
"Every night with you is special but yes I wanted to add something to your surprise." I peck Harry's cheek before he helps me sit down.
We eat and talk about our day, Harry says nothing about what he has prepared for me and I am getting nervous. He insists on clearing the table while I go to the living room to lay on the couch but after thirty minutes Harry isn't back. I start to wonder what is taking him when he comes in with a big smile on his face.
"Do you want your surprise now?" He as, he looks a little nervous.
"Yes, yes, yes!" I hop on the couch. Harry pulls a black scarf out of his pocket
"Close your eyes." I do as I am told so Harry can cover my eyes. He helps me up and guides me through what I think is the hall, maybe to his office or one of the guest rooms. I hear Harry unlock a door, I didn't even know there was a door locked, in my head I go over all the rooms I was in today so I can find out where exactly in the house I am.
We move again till Harry turns me "When I say you are allowed, you can pull your the scarf off." Harry says. I nod and take a nervous breath.
"Okay, now." I do what I am told and pull the scarf off.
"Oh my God!" I cry out, tears springing into my eyes. We are in the room that isn't used yet, the wall in front of me is covered with pictures of me and Harry and all the things we have done together. There are pictures of us at the field when we weren't a couple yet, from the first time we visited Belgium, our tripto Greece, ... In the middle of the picture is a piece of red paper with black letters that says "Will you marry me?" I look at Harry who is down on one knee in front of me, big smile, glassy eyes.
"My sweet, beautiful Kate, we have been through so much together, good and bad things and after everything there is one thing in life I know for sure..." Harry takes a deep breath and looks to the ground before he looks at me again "I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Would you please make me the happiest man in the world and become my wife?" A sob escapes from my throat, I open my mouth but nothing comes out. Harry's hopeful eyes are set on my face. I swallow hard and clear my throat.
"Yes of course, I will marry you." Harry smiles and slips a big white gold ring with a huge diamond on my finger before he stands up, pulled me in his arms and kisses my cheek.
"I love you so much." I cry.
"I love you too, beautiful. Do you like my surprise" Harry asks
"It is perfect, You are perfect." I said before I crash our lips together for a passionate kiss.  

A. N. : Hello 👋🏻
This is it, part one of the epilogue.
I have to admit it makes me a little emotional.
I hope you liked it? Let me know and please show me your love and press the 🌟.
Tomorrow the second part, I hope you're excited.
Have a nice Friday!!
All the love,
K. x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 273 16
[ON GOING] - Harley Jenkins, a patient and kind-hearted therapist, helping hundreds of people with their problems while her own heart is on the verg...
207K 4.7K 58
Highest ranking - #1 in #harrystyles,#harrystylesau and #psychiatrist "You saved my life doctor...thank you so much" she smiled. "No, that's what yo...
417K 16.3K 30
Harry's lived in London all his life and is one of the best doctors in the country. He has a family that loves him, money, and a cozy little cabin in...
326K 14.3K 53
[sequel to medicine] ☤☤☤ "i'm doing all this... this becoming. i'm becoming a mother, i'm becoming a doctor, i'm becoming a girlfriend and maybe a w...