The King Of All Vampire Kings...

By S0NDREENJ

Book 1 of (The Awakening Series) {#1 Supernatural} {#1 Paranormal} {#1 Lycans} {#1 Vampire Romance} {#5 Royal... More

~CopyRight~
It's been a long time coming
~Introduction~
M a i n C h a r a c t e r A e s t h e t i c s
~The King Of All Vampire Kings~
|1| ~The Awakening~
|2| ~The Chosen~
|3|~Kings~
|4|~ Kings Part 2~
~Cast & Updates~
| 5|~Sweet Escape~
|6|~ Dungeons to dreamhouse~
|7|~Pervert~
|8|~Compulsion ~
|9|~Spaghetti~
|10|~No Choice~
|11|~Dogs & Leeches~
|12|~Blanky~
|13|~A Game Of Chess~
|14|~Red-Headed She-Devil~
|15|~Judgement~
|16|~Beauty Bias~
|17|~Stockholm syndrome~
|18|~Royal Traditions Part 1~
|19| ~War Plans ~
|20| ~The Bite~
|21|~Royal Family~
|22|~WTH~
|23|~ Traits of a queen~
|24|~The Truth Will Set You Free~
|25|~A Mural of Tales ~
|26|~ Your Burning Me Alive ~
Come Stalk Me!!!
|27| ~ Mr. Meany && The little old lady~
|28| ~ Training~
~Cast & Updates Pt 2~
|29| ~ Creepy, creeper and creepicious~
|30| ~ Sick and Sadistic Piece of S**T ~
Holly S**T
|31| ~ Predator ~
|32| ~ Its getting hot && spicey~
Covers
|33| ~ French Kiss ~
|34|~ The City That Never Sleeps~
|35|~ You can't talk sense into the senseless~
|36|~Hunting The Hunter Beast~
|37|~Thrilling Kill~
|38| ~Equal Measured Attraction~
|39| ~Bond Understood~
|40| ~Fluent In The Langauge of Idioms~
|41| ~Putting Together Two && Two~
|43|~BonFire~
|44|~Attack~
|45|~Stake Your Claim~
|46|~Claimed~
|47|~The Wilde Wolf~
|48|~The Battle of Power~
|49|~ His side ~
|50|~ Time To Taste~
|51|~Time sensitive ~
|52|~Time To Talk ~
|53|~Time To Think~
|54|~ Time to protect ~
|55|~ Time To Bathe~
|56|~Time is Ticking ~
|57|~ Alone Time ~
|58|~ The Time Of My Life~
|59|~ Now Is Not the Time ~
|60|~Its Time to Act ~
|61|~Showtime~
|62|~Timeless Night ~
|63|~Just My Luck ~
|64|~Friend or Foe~
|65|~ An Angry King~
|66|~ A Drunk Mind Speaks a Sober Tongue~
|67|~Cyprus Island Palace~
|68| ~ Say Thank You Princess B**ch ~
|69| ~You are the one~
|70| ~I'll never kiss and tell~
|71|~Then and Now~
|72|~Royal Traditions Part 2~
|73|~Pledge Of Allegiance ~
|74|~The Storm~
|75|~ The Pleasured Filled Passionate && Desired Night~
|76|~The Highly Favored~
|77|~The Chosen One~
|78|~The Witch~
|79|~The Untold Story ~
|80|~The Premonition~
|81|~The Timeline of Events~
|82|~ The Position Of The Moon~
|83| ~ The Warning~
|84| ~The Queen Has Awakened~
|85| ~Bow Down B**ches~
The End of Book One
~What's Done is Done~
|The Luna|~ Bonus Chapter~
|The Cold Hearted King|~ Bonus Chapter~
|Book 2| Captured By A Ruthless Vampire King
Cover Artist Alert
|We're coming Pt 1 |~ Exclusive Bonus Chapter~
|We're coming Pt 2 |~ Exclusive Bonus Chapter~
|The Calm Before The Storm |
|The Calm After The Storm |

|42|~Intro into a New World~

85.4K 3.7K 1K
By S0NDREENJ

Claire Pov.
Unedited.

The northern packhouse is warm and full of life. Younger werewolves (male and female alike) are walking around, laughing, and talking—unguarded. The children are running all through the house with no care in the world. Older she-wolves are in the massive kitchen, cooking and gossiping about who's mated to whom.

At first, I felt self-conscious about walking into a kitchen full of wolves. But every single one of them offered warm smiles and talked about fattening me up. It made me feel welcomed as if I belong here even with me being human and all.

This place is sort of Utopia, a completely different world. I have never seen anything so loving and carefree as they are. They are like one big family, which is completely the opposite of the savage beasts they are rumored to be. You would think that they're not even at war like they didn't just bury so many of their kind. It's astonishing, to say the least. And I am caught off guard. This isn't what I expected.

After breakfast, Beta Rendell offered to show me the rest of the packhouse. I said yes because Alec and his girlfriend are still asleep, and Mecca is still doing God knows what with Alpha Maddox, who has just explained to me about the world of the werewolves.

Beta Rendell takes his duty as a beta seriously. He tells me that he spends most of his time traveling between the other territories.

There are several territories of werewolf packs that are around this mountain. According to him, before the Awakening—the Luna Blood Moon of 2081, as he called it—there were a total of fifty packs in North America, who were constantly at war with one another. Now there are only four left: the Northern Pack, the Eastern Pack, the Western Pack, and the Southern Pack. Pack members who had lost their alphas joined in one of the remaining packs, so most wolves who live around the territories originated from a fallen pack. Alpha Maddox gave them their own settlement and still offers his protection and loyalty.

It's amazing how these creatures who were once at war are now united as one. I have a newfound respect for the werewolves. I'm truly impressed.

If humans were smart enough to come together instead of allowing another species to tear us apart, things would be so different. The werewolves are living proof of that theory. One thing that I have noticed is that the hatred of the werewolves—Beta Rendell included—for vampires runs just as deep as the vampires' hatred for humans.

Beta Rendell has been asking me questions about my life as a slave, which is kind of unsettling. The way he speaks about Nicklaus and Xander bothers me, but I honestly can't blame him. Perhaps Mecca is right about me. The vampires may have lost the war of breaking my courage, but maybe they do have my mind.

I should be happy that I'm surrounded by people that hate leeches. I mean this place is amazing, right? So why do I feel like a traitor?

"We're going to have a bonfire tonight in honor of Luna Mecca's return," says Beta Rendell, as we continue to walk through the hallway.

He's giving me a tour of the wing dedicated to the lost Luna, Mecca. I still can't believe that Mecca is a Luna? She's so, crazy.

"It's a miracle that she survived those monsters for all those years. She has always been strong, but damn."

My lips curl into a smile. That's exactly how I felt when Mecca first told me her story.

"Yup. Crazy ole Mecca is tougher than a box of nails. I'm glad she has returned to her mate. They look great together," I confess, smiling like a maniac.

"Crazy ole Mecca." He laughs, his dark eyes glowing yellow. "You really are something special. I have never met anyone that has the balls to call a Luna anything but Luna."

I laugh along with him.

Beta Rendell has that effect on people. He is so hunky and charming. It's hard to believe that he is a werewolf because he acts human. Well, they all do.

"They have always been perfect for each other. And no matter how long they had been separated, he refused to search for a second‑chance mate," he says.

Mecca has already told me that once a bond is broken from a wolf, they can accept a second-chance mate if the moon goddess allows it. Vampires can also have a second-chance beloved. Apparently, every species but humans can have a chance of finding love twice.

"What about your mate?" I ask. "Surely, she can't possibly be okay with you doing babysitting duty all day."

Beta Rendell's smile deepens.

These supernatural men are all so goddamn gorgeous, vampires and werewolves alike. Gosh! I swear I'm surprised that I didn't faint when we walked past the young wolves who were training. They were all hot with those sweaty muscles and abs, literally six-packs . . . eight-pack . . . ten‑pack. Jeepers creepers! I'm sure the other human girls were in werewolf sex heaven, drooling as they walked by them. Meanwhile, I couldn't get the blood-thirsty, bipolar, pantie‑melting ass-kissing king out of my head the entire time.

Unbelievable. I know.

"My mate was given to our goddess a long time ago," Beta Rendell says, switching his gaze in my direction.

Given to his goddess? What does that mean? Oh no, he's not . . .

"I'm sorry to hear that," I tell him. "If I knew, I would have never . . . I'm—"

"Claire, it's okay," he assures, stopping in front of a balcony door. "My kind and your kind alike have both suffered enough from their kind. Before and after the last Luna Blood Moon, some things are just out of our control."

I don't respond. Honestly, I don't know how to. Based on my observation, a mate bond is like the beat to the heart of these werewolves. They can't live without each other. The memorial hall dedicated to Mecca says it all. Alpha Maddox was never truly himself without her.

Beta Rendell is an amazing man. I know this even though I just met him. If this man is a shell of who he used to be before he lost his mate, that she-wolf had really won the lottery when they lived—bonded together.

"She was a lucky girl," I tell him, smiling slightly.

His lips quirk into a half-smirk.

"I was the luckiest guy in the universe." He pauses, running his hand through his dark hair. "I started to think my luck ran out until my wolf laid eyes on a golden goddess in the form of a human who was willing to give her life for another wolf," Beta Rendell says, as he holds open the balcony door for me.

I take a moment to process his words. If I didn't know any better, I would think that Beta Rendell just made a pass on me. Maybe it's just my human mind playing tricks on me?

I shake my head slightly and step onto the balcony. The enchanting view takes my breath away. The mountain is surrounded by a pure‑white, snow-frosted forest. The thick mist around us feels cool on my skin.

I take a step closer towards the rail. I can see some wolves preparing for the bonfire.

Beta Rendell takes a step closer towards me like he's afraid I might fall over or something. He places his arm on top of the rail, leans over slightly, and then flickers his gaze over to me. His eyes shift from brown to yellow.

I turn to face him completely, studying him without saying a word. Suddenly, his eyes turn back to their natural shade as he chuckles.

"You're truly remarkable."

I shake my head in response. Beta Rendell is starting to show his coo-coo side.

"You didn't show any fear in the presence of my wolf, Claire. It's one thing—to be brave for a crowd and to find the courage to save a person you care about. It's a whole different situation to show no fear when you're alone, to stare head-on in the eyes of the world's most dangerous animal. You're truly remarkable, Claire. Somehow you managed to slip through the cracks that those monsters attempted to stick you in. There's something about you, Claire. A human-like you could change it all."

"Thank you," I say, not really sure what he is implying, but I do know there's sincerity in his words.

"No. Thank you, Claire. You make me feel . . ." he responds, placing his hand over the top of my own."

"Ouch!" he says, snatching my hand away quickly.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He's shaking his hand like it was just burnt.

"Yes," he responds, still studying it. "I feel like my bones were just crushed."

"Sorry. I didn't mean to."

"You didn't do anything, Claire." He flashes me a soft smile. "Are you forgetting that I'm the one who tried to touch you?" Beta Rendell's eyes sparkle with amusement. "It may just be a charley horse," he continues, studying his hand again closely.

I tilt my head to the side. "What's a 'Charley horse'?"

He bursts out laughing and shakes his head. His eyes flicker from brown to yellow.

"You don't know what a charley horse is?" he asks, lifting his thick and dark left eyebrow. "Have you ever been tickled before, Claire?"

Tickled? What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Suddenly, his soft bear-like hands start to tickle me. I burst out laughing. Some of the wolves below carrying the logs lift their heads up to stare at us, then they laugh along with us.

Beta Rendell picks me up off the balcony floor and tickles me harder. I throw my head back as laughter explodes from my lungs.

Then suddenly, I see two red orbs staring up at me. My neck snaps back as I jump out of Beta Rendell's hold.

"Claire, is everything okay?" he asks.

"Beta," a woman calls, addressing him.

My attention shifts to the balcony doorway, and I'm met by a doll face, she-wolf beauty. She's tall and thin, like a supermodel. Her dark hair is pulled into a high bun, her brilliant hazel eyes stealing the entire show. She is an expressionless beauty.

"Farrah," acknowledges Beta Rendell.

They stare at each other for a long-drawn-out moment.

"I thought Beta Hunter already took you home," Beta Rendell says.

She doesn't respond. She switches her focus onto me, and I have her undivided attention.

"Where are my manners?" Beta Rendell questions himself.

"Claire, this is Farrah Wilde, Alpha Maddox's oldest niece. Farrah, this is Claire, the human that saved Luna Mecca."

Farrah gives a slight bow and asks, "Beta Rendell, can I talk to you in private?"

"About what?" He slightly grinds his teeth.

She turns to face me. "I will not discuss werewolf matters in front of a human."

Okay, so someone doesn't like me. I mean it's not what she said, but how she said it. I watch her emotionless face closely.

Beta Rendell's body goes stiff. "This human saved your uncle's mate," he responds. "You will show Claire respect."

Most humans will probably feel uneasy or uncomfortable, but I'm not that human.

I bite my bottom lip and turn to face Beta Rendell. Somehow I can sense that his wolf is present, struggling to keep his control.

What is it between these two? I can't distinguish if they are lovers or enemies, or both. The tension in the room is so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

I clear my throat. "It's okay. I want to go check on Alec anyway."

"No, it's not okay," growls Beta Rendell. His eyes narrow in on Farrah. "We don't treat our friends like outsiders."

"And we don't treat our lovers like outsiders either," spits Farrah.

Oops, she has dropped a bomb.

Beta Rendell's eyes flash yellow. His wolf has completely taken over. "This is not the time or place to discuss nonsense," he spits back.

"Nonsense!" she yells. "You have a fucking nerve."

They start to bicker back and forth in a language I don't understand. Beta wolf's eyes are glowing yellow; Farrah's are a shining gold.

Meanwhile, I'm in between the two, feeling so out of place. I open the door, attempting to get the hell out of dodge.

"No, I'll take you," says Beta Rendell, walking towards the door.

Farrah shoves past us as she makes her way out of the door herself.

Again, I feel like I have just been sucked in between a lover tornado.

I stand in silence, giving Beta Rendell some time to calm down. His fingers turn into claws, his face dripping in sweat. He releases a frustrated sigh.

"My apologies, Claire."

"It's okay," I respond. I really don't feel anything. I have nothing to do with their situation. He has no reason to apologize.

"Come, I'll take you to the guest chambers so you can get ready for the bonfire," he offers.

* * *

After Beta Rendell walked me to the room, I quickly took a shower and got dressed. Mecca had ordered some she-wolves to drop me off some clothes.

I'm wearing some black skinny jeans and a cashmere sweater of the same color. They even found me some black leather boots with cute, bulky heels. I feel like a ball-kicking superhero.

I stare at myself in the mirror. The last time I looked in the mirror was after Nicklaus and I shared that hot and steamy kiss. I touch my lips. Just thinking about his sweet, seductive lips colliding with mine makes me shiver. I wonder if he's okay. I know the werewolves attacked King Cyrus's penthouse, soI hope Nicklaus and Xander are safe. I will probably never say it out loud, but I miss them.

I laugh to myself. If I was with them, I wouldn't have to say anything at all. Neither one of them knows how to stay out of my head. Gosh, I really miss them. I'm starting to turn into one of those obsessed, typical human girls. It seems like I'm infatuated with the vampire kings that have taken over the world.

Pathetic. I know.

Snap out of it, Claire, I tell myself, closing my eyes. You are better than that.

I escaped without having to lose my life in the process. I'm free. There's no need to look back. There's nothing or no one to look back at.

I tell myself those exact words over and over as I stand in the bathroom, but for some strange reason, my mind and heart refuse to accept my thoughts.

I release a deep sigh and start to focus on applying some makeup. I fill in my brows, then I place a tad bit of foundation on just like Jadis taught me. Oh gosh, I forgot about her. She is still in chains, most likely losing her mind and body in the kingdom of breeders. How can I ever be truly free while my first friend is still being held captive?

I grab the edges of the sink. My head feels like it's about to explode.

"What's wrong, brave human?" asks Mecca from behind me.

I turn to face her. She looks beautiful, as always. She's also wearing some black skinny jeans and a black sweater. Her hair is curled and pulled into a nice updo. Her lips are painted scarlet—simply beautiful.

"I'm fine," I lie, refusing to place my problems on her shoulders. "I'm just a little tired."

Mecca flashes a smile. "You're a bad liar, Claire," she tells me.

"I know, but tonight isn't about me. It's about celebrating your freedom. It's about celebrating your return home." I drop down to one knee, just like how Beta Rendell showed me. "Welcome home, Luna," I tell her, slightly bending my head down in submission.

Mecca stands in front of me and pulls my back up from the floor. She lifts my chin up slightly. Her brown eyes shift to yellow.

"Claire," she says with a low growl, "you will never bow again for anyone. You are my friend." Her eyes are filled with raw emotions. "You are my equal." She pulls me into a tight hug, extremely tight.

"Ouch!" I pull away slightly. "Mecca, I'm human."

She releases that beautiful, crazy ole laugh of hers.

"My apologies, human," she says, her eyes filled with amusement. "Now, tell me what's bothering you?"

I part my lips to say something but then decide to close them. How could I tell my she-wolf friend I miss the same people that held her captive? How can I tell her I miss the same people who held me captive? I have never felt so weak.

Someone knocks on the door.

"Claire, can I come in," asks Alec.

Mecca raises an eyebrow. "Oh, he knocks," she says, smiling like a Cheshire cat.  "Come in, human. You have about five minutes to make a baby."

My jaw drops. She didn't just say that. There goes crazy ole Mecca. God, I love her.

"No need to come in, boy," she tells him. "It's time to go." She walks over towards the folded clothes and hands me a black fur coat. "Are you ready for your first bonfire, brave human?"

I nod, then follow her out of the door.

<🌑>
Awake Friday
Please don't forget to hit that golden star ⭐️ comment and follow. I'm sorry for the late update. I have been asleep in the dream world all day. Don't kill me Love Bugs 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

593 197 14
Lycan's were the first beasts created by the moon goddess to protect gods creation; the humans, from Lucifer's creation; the Vampires. Once the dark...
7.4K 452 40
Without thinking, I inhaled sharply, causing her scent to overwhelm me. My muscles tensed, ready to spring towards the girl in front of me and sink m...
877K 39.4K 44
***HIGHEST RANKING IN VAMPIRE*** #3 - 26-9-2018 #4 - 13-8-2018 and 23-09-2018 #5 - 29-8-2018 and 5-9-2018 "What happened?" It's all I can muster at t...
57K 1.4K 42
The Quarter is quiet. Marcellus controls the vampires. The wolves live like outcasts in the Bayou. The Witches have a rocky peace with the vampires. ...