𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗿𝗜𝗻𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗴𝘂�...

By Hermohermoine

A story in which a quiet town is home to the quiet girl, A.J. Jones who would do anything for her twin brothe... More

Cast
We can't live without a home
The book
Jason's killer
The Black hood
Trading schools
The tales of Nancy Drew
The Red Circle
Becoming serpents
The fight (serpents vs. bulldogs)
Race with ghoulies
The snake charmer
The snake charmer pt.2
Dad is getting out of jail!
Trading schools again?
Sorry another not a chapter
Riverdale High
Introductions & vandalism
Knight in shining armor and party for dad
Retirement party= breakups
No more Peabody or Blackhood
"Happy Pickens day!" *not*
The case of the missing pickens head
My brothers girlfriend cleaned up a dead guy
The Shadow lakes house
He's like Dracula
Hunger strike
They found the car
Saving Cheryl
Carrie the musical
Carrie the musical pt.2
Guess who's back in town
I'm not stupid he didn't do it
Reggie shot Fangs?????
Dads to the rescue
The ultimate sacrifice
Waking up and new information
The real retirement + arrests = "The best day ever"
Court Room and The Pool Party Fail
Not a chapter
Ethel
Ethel pt.2/// Griphons and Gargoyles
"What the heck is a Speak Easy?"
I'm not property of Malachai.
Definietely not my style
Manhunter
Do you wanna drive
Everyone loves my outfit
Your family
Keep Fighting
Have you seen BadBoys 2
You have no food!
The Queen of England?
Princess
The floors are nice
Just Talk
I'm happy with life
Candy Store Songs&Dark Secrets
Understanding
Talks of the Future
First Challenge: 'Secrets, and Sins'
Challenge 2&3: Not Tonight
The Final Challenge: A Job Well Done
Leaving time
Promposal&Revamped Business Alliance
Assitance Transferred
A Load of Crap
Diggin Up a Body
Not a Sidekick
The Harpy
My Challenge
The Final Betrayal
Epilogue
Don't Hate Me
GUESS WHAT!!!!

Lots of I'm sorrys and "The what King?"

1.8K 28 2
By Hermohermoine

Sweet Pea's p.o.v.

"Alright well nice meeting you Josie, " I told the girl starting to get up from where I was sitting. "Sweet Pea wait, " I turned around and she grabbed the collar of my sleeveless shirt and pulled me down into a kiss. I pushed her hand off roughly. "What the heck? You know I'm dating A.J., " I spat at her she looked down at her nail, picking at the polish.

"I know but A.J. gets everything I think it's time someone gave her a reality check, " she replied in a bored tone. I scoffed "Whatever stupid northsider, " she watched me turn around when I heard a really loud splash. I turned around and suddenly the music stopped. In the pool sinking to the bottom was an unconscious A.J..

I ran over but Archie pushed me out of the way and dived in the pool descending quickly. He got back out of the pool with her limp body in his hands. As soon as he put her on a chair I stormed up and shoved him. "What the heck dude that's my girlfriend, " he scoffed. "Yea right last time I checked she only tried to leave because you had your tongue down Josie's throat, " I turned to her and watched her move around a little before opening her eyes slowly.

"Princess, " I whispered rushing over to her she pushed herself farther back in the chair and pulled her knees to her chest. It felt like someone hammered my chest when I noticed her quivering lip. By now everyone was watching. "Princess I'm sorry, " I whispered again feeling a tear run down my cheek when Jughead pushed forward and turned to me. "I'm a take her home okay, " I wanted to beg for him to let me but I knew her nor anyone else would let me so I replied with a curt nod and turned around headed towards my bike. I need a drink.

**********************
A.J.'s p.o.v.

The drive was short an quiet which was fine cause I didn't want to talk to Jug. Now I sat in my closet with the door closed holding my arms to my chest listening to NF. I jumped when a knock came from my door. The door opened revealing Reggie holding a paper Pop's bag and two to-go cups.

His grin was almost contagious when I took out my earbuds and looked up at him. "Hey A.J., " he greeted "Hey, " I replied patting the carpet in front of me signalling for him to sit. He did sit down crossing his legs handing me a to go cup. "Double chocolate, " he said, I grabbed it happily like a kid on Christmas.

"And I got you some onion rings, " his words started to become quieter when he pulled the smaller bag put of the big one with the same pop's logo on it. I grabbed that bag too and sighed. "Thank you Reginald, " we feasted in comfortable silence when I remembered.

"Guess what, " he looked up from his cheese tots curiously "What, " I patted his leg giddy. "Your talking to the serpent queen.... Well kind of the co-queen or maybe co-captain. Yea that makes more since, " I said suddenly doubting myself. "That's cool, " was all I got in reply when the silence enveloped us again. It was starting to become overwhelming.

"Okay I wasn't just here to bring you food Kira, " I looked up at him suprised. He hasn't called me Kira since we were dating. "Then what you come here for? " I asked trying my best to not let the come out as rude as it sounded. "To say that Sweet Pea never did anything. That too perfect jerk didn't do anything, " I looked down trying to block his voice out not wanting to hear what he had to say.

He said he loved me. He lied. My head got pushed up by my chin pulling me back to Reggie's face. "You gotta listen A.J. he was going to get up when Josie called him back he turned around and she grabbed his collar forcing him to kiss her. He didn't kiss back. He pushed her hand off and backed away they exchanged a few angry words, but I think Josie wants this. She wants you to hate him. When we broke up you know what she told me? She said 'You were supposed to be making A.J. jealous but I guess I'm gonna have to get deeper into her inner circle than that. ' I didn't think anything about it I was drunk Josie to me was nothing but a rebound. But what I'm trying to say is. Josie did it, " the last part came out like a first year old snitching on his sister but I didn't care I stayed focused on my onion rings trying to process what I was being told.

I rubbed my temple with my pointy finger guilt quickly overcoming me. "I'm such a jealous jerk dude, " he nodded and I smacked his arm and he grinned back. "Well now that you know the truth I'm gonna leave and go back to the being your ex slash best friend that hates your new boyfriend," I giggled and nodded. "Bye Reggie thank you, " he grinned again before walking out of mine and Jughead's room.

I sighed and walked into my closet. What to wear? What to wear? I questioned myself not wanting to go in my sweats that I was currently wearing.

I checked myself in the mirror and ran for the door. "Where you going? " my dad asked and I giggled slightly. "My boyfriend cheated on me except for he didn't and I gonna go apologize," I didn't take time to listen to his reply before I texted Sweet Pea to meet me at Pop's and bolted out of the door.

*****************
Sweet Pea's p.o.v.

I found myself sitting at the bar in the Whyte Wyrm, my only friend being the brandy in my hand. My phone buzzed and I checked excited to see if it was A.J. Helix Jump notification. I only have that game because of A.J. I shook my head trying to snap out of my sad daze and then deleted the app.

I remember A.J. being at the bar and me in Fangs both thinking she was drinking, but she was to good for that. She didn't drink till late at night it was just Dr. Pepper. I grinned and felt a tear fall down onto my lip. I wiped it off quickly and felt my phone buzz again.

I pulled my phone out again and turned it on.
Princess 😘
Meet me at Pop's xoxo
Plz

I stared at it shocked and ran for the door. I breathed in the warm air happily. I wrapped my leg around the worn leather seat and felt a smirk appear on my face. The engine roared to life and I headed towards Pop's.

I threw open the door and grinned at the waiting A.J. who sat in front of two chocolate milkshakes. I speed walked towards the booth and sat down across from her. "A.-" "Shut up, " She whispered. "I'm not good at apologies but I want to try. I'm sorry, " she paused taking a breath. "I'm sorry for the times I hurt you.I'm sorry for the times I've lied to you and for every other reason you have to be mad at me. I know my apologies prolly don't mean crap to you but aside from that all I can do is promise to try to do better in the future. If there is a future, " she grabbed my hand and I looked up to meet her eyes.

"Sweets I love you. Your the best part of me the thought of you with someone else kills me, " I looked back down at my shake. "Please say something, " she pleaded my eyes met hers and she had a tear slowly sliding down her cheek.

I wiped it off with my thumb. "I love you to princess... Now come here, " she pushed herself out of her side of the booth and walked over to mine sliding in beside me. I pushed my head down in her lap and felt myself slowly fading into the abyss called sleep.

**********************
A.J.'s p.o.v.

I can't believe he actually forgave me. Now his head lay in my lap asleep. I was drifting too when my phone started buzzing. I groaned pulling it out of my pocket Sweet Pea not budging. When I finally achieved my goal I pushed it to my ear.

"A.J. it's Hot Dog. The ghoulies have him, " Jughead's voice replayed in my head. "We're on our way, " I told him before he could finish and hung up. I shook Sweat Pea awake and he groaned. "Sweets its Hot Dog. "

**********************
"Are you sure it was Hot Dog?" I questioned Fangs and he nodded. "It was him except for he was skinnier I don't think they're feeding him, " I nodded." We're lucky those monsters aren't slow roasting him on a fire, " Sweets stated I rubbed my thumb over his knuckles gently trying to calm him.

"Whats our play Jones, " Toni asked. "Well we'd be going behind enemy lines, outnumbered open to attack from all over and risking another gang war " I looked over to my brother waiting for him to finish when he glanced to me signalling I had to. "Welp no serpent left behind right? That includes our spirit animal" I told the crew and they all agreed. "Guys last time you went into ghoulie territory you were beaten to within in inch of your lives, " Betty stated causinge me to roll my eyes. "We're gonna be quick Betty okay they won't even know we were there, " Jughead told his girlfriend trying to comfort her.

"They'll have back up this time, " Cheryl said and I nodded ready to get this over with and this dress off.

"Okay well then I'm coming with you," Betty shot. Here we go." No, " Jughead replied bluntly. " No don't you dare tell me it's too dangerous, " I looked over to the other serpents watching their amused faces as they watched this play out. "The serpent queen is a warrior queen so if you on the front lines then so am I, " If Betty is Jughead's serpent queen then I guess that would make Sweets my king.

"Okay, " his smirk was intense but sweet. "Lets bring Hot dog home shall we, " We all nodded ready to go and save our favorite slobbery fluff ball.

******************

Hot Dog's whimpers sent my heart in a sad frenzy. "It's been an hour and no sign of anyone, " Toni stated in a bored tone. "Alright Sweet Pea, " Jughead started putting his bag of chips in the bed of the car that most us were standing in.

"I'm a need to you to keep look out, " Sweet Pea nodded and I watched from the back my nerves on end silently praying no one else would come. "Hey. Hey bud, " was all I heard and I watched Jughead scratch Hot Dog. I could feel the inside of my cheek getting tender from biting it because of the nerves.

He clipped the chain and bright lights came on. Get out of there, I silently told my brother even with knowing he wouldn't hear. "Hiya Jonesie, " she came out in fishnets with Malachi and the rest of the ghoulies behind her. "Welcome back to the Southside, " she greeted with a fake grin on her face. Betty stepped forward and, Cheryl grabbed her by her shoulder holding her back. "Cheryl, " Betty stated annoyed.

"Not yet cousin, " I completely understood where Betty was coming from I wanted to jump out of the truck and run up to them but I couldn't. "I thought that mangy mutt might get you to show up, " Malachi looked over to us and met my eyes I gulped willing myself to look away.

What's wrong with me? "We need to talk..., " Jug shook his head. "No we don't. Penny I'm here for the dog, " he told her sighing. Almost like he was relieved to get that out. "If you didn't want trouble why have you been sending spies all summer, " Penny questioned and I gulped again. "Trying to get in our business. Back off, " she told him harshly. "Unless you wanna replay a riot night" she shrugged like it was no big deal. Of course she was fine with riot night she was probably banking off all of that chaos.

"Yea. I've been sending scouts, I was looking for Hot Dog. Now that I got him, we're good, " I couldn't help but smirk at the fact that we had some hope to get out of this. He turned around getting ready to walk away. "Not so fast, " Jughead stopped sighed and turned around. "Your jacket-" I gulped talk about a turn of events. "The Southside isn't yours anymore. Which means your not the Southside serpents, " she spat.

"Really Penny a jacket, " my brother asked. She shrugged "Well we could always just take it off of your limp dead body, " I scooted over to Cheryl trying to be quiet. "Get ready Cheryl if anything happens shoot, " I whispered and she nodded in compliance.

"Aww I also heard pony tails a serpent now. Your Northside Queen-" she stepped closer and I noticed my hand clenched into a fist leaving red marks on my palm. "Maybe will go after her next, " She shrugged and Betty looked back at me genuine fear burning in her eyes.

"Fine Penny you can have the jacket as long as you and the ghoulies stay out of the northside, " I watched hoping they would say fine and be done with it but of course not. "Oh you don't get to make demands, " Malachi stepped foward, his brown curls bouncing with every step.

I never gave Cheryl the signal but I knew there would be hell to pay when I watched her arrow soar across the sky landing in Malachai's arm. He yelled stumbling back and Jughead turned around. "Cheryl, " my brother warned. "Told you I'm in the mood for some hell raising, " she commented. I scoffed "At what cost?" she never replied so I diverted my eyes back to the scene.

"That's it, " Penny started as she watched Malachi laying on the ground in pain. "Kill em all, " she instructed and my brother turned around. "Cheryl aim your next arrow right in between Penny's eyes, " Penny held her glove covered hand up signalling for them to stop.

"If you and your ghoulies take one more step she's gonna release that arrow, " he said pointing at her. I glanced over to Cheryl who was ready to release and severely injure whoever was her next victim. "Cheryl doesn't miss, " I yelled and my brother nodded. She shook her head like she couldn't believe what we just did.

"Congratulations you just made northside fair game," she told him her voice sickly sweet. "Come on, " Jughead told Hot Dog lightly pulling on the chain leash. "See you soon Jonesie, " Penny yelled. "And you to Princess, " Malachi yelled me and I looked away quickly to Jughead who was walking over.

Jughead pulled Hot dog up in the bed of the truck. He came over to me and I squatted down to pet him. His tongue flew over my face as I giggled "Stop it. Stop it, " I pleaded not really wanting him to quit. I rubbed my hands over his fluffy fleece and he panted happily in response causing me to giggle again. I looked through the window at Sweet Pea who coincidentally was staring at me through the mirror.

***************

"Hey Dilton came by to see you two today, " my dad voice rang through the house. "Did he say why, " my brother asked. I pulled out a bowl then poured in the milk and pulled the off brand fruit loops from the cabinet and poured them in. I grabbed a spoon and sat down at the table.

"Nah wouldn't talk. Wierd kid, " my dad said finally walking into the kitchen. "Yeah, " I agreed I glanced over to my brother who was slicing something but I couldn't tell what. I honestly didn't care.

"How's Hot Dog?" my dad asked sitting down. "He's sleeping under the trailer but-" he glanced at me in the corner of his eye. A quick signal for me to finish what he was saying. "He's bouncing back, " my dad smiled. "Thats good, " I nodded stuffing a spoon full of cereal in my mouth.

"How are you, " my brother stopped and sighed. When my dad looked at me I quickly diverted my eyes to my fruit loops leaving them there. "Not easy sense the crown, " my dad asked when Jughead walked over to the table. "Well, " he started pulling out the wooden chair and sitting down in it.

"Penny's got the northside in her sights, " he started "Cheryl's a loose cannon, " I said. "And Betty's a target and uh, " he bit his lip. "We're not even the Southside serpents anymore," I finished for him and he nodded. "Oh screw the Southside your a serpent by blood, and no one can take that from you or anyone of us, " my advised and my brother grinned.

******************

I sat in between Jughead and Betty in the back of Archie's car. I looked over and there Sweet Pea was on his motorcycle right beside us. I smiled at him and he smirked revving his engine. We got to the swimming hole and started to strip into our bathing suits.

Her swimsuit

Sweet Pea noticed my swimsuit and smirked causing me to giggle. I pulled my pants down and the last thing I remember was a strong force from behind when I fell in the water. I paddled myself up out of the water and found a smirking Jughead. I splashed him with water and he grinned pulling his shirt off and taking his beanie off and jumping in himself.

Sweet Pea jumped in and I swam over to him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he held me closely. He grinned pulling me under and holding me down. I struggled under his arm and finally pushed myself up. I swung my hand at him bringing water with it and he grinned before grabbing my wrist and twirling me around into him. I sighed giving up "Fine. You win," I grumbled causing him to chuckle.

*****************
We sat around a fire Archie and Sweets made once again segregated into our couples. "Guys no matter what happens in court this was the best day I guy could ask for, " Sweet Pea nodded. "Archie-" I started holding my stick with burnt marshmallows on it. "What if you made a break for it, " the question left the group in a grim silence but they all knew the subject would come up.

"Passed that tree line is a road that goes through the mountains to Quebec, " my brother finished. I glanced to Veronica who was clinging to Archie like a shy child getting forced to meet new people. "There's serpents there that'll keep you supplied, " I added. "You don't deserve this Arch, " Betty sounded like she was about to cry.

"Yea and what if I do, " Archie replied and I stared shocked. "Archie why would you say that, " Veronica questioned. "Because I'm guilty., " we all stared confused. "I didn't kill Cassidy but I left him alone with Andre and if I hadn't walked away that night he might still be alive. And not just Cassidy all of it all of last year. I didn't kill someone but I could've. I have to take responsibility for that, " I kept my eyes to the ground wishing none of this would've happened when I felt a squeeze on my hand. I looked up at Sweet Pea he grinned and I smiled back sadly.

*********************
"Sweet Pea you never did tell me what happened, " I stated. "Exactly what Archie said. We chased him into the woods I knocked him down. Archie punched him I kicked him a few times when that creepy guy came and told us he could handle it. I didn't really know what to do so I followed Archie and left. When I got to you I heard the gunshot. I didn't know he was gonna kill him A.J. and now Archie is gonna go to jail and he's not the only guilty one, " a single tear fell down Sweet Pea's cheek and he quickly wiped it away.

I pulled his face towards me. "Your not guilty okay neither of you are. Whatever happens in that courtroom is not because Archie is guilty it's because he threatened the wrong person, okay? You did what you thought was right as long as you keep doing that then you'll have me right beside you. Understand?" he nodded and smiled.

I pushed my lips onto his and the outside world exploded into fuzz. It was just me and Sweets. I pulled away leaning my forehead against his "Just you and I against the whole world."

*********
"A.J., " Sweet Pea said while I lay against his shoulder staring at the flames of the small fire. "Yea," the other four had all split up going to their own sections probably to talk or something, but it was nice and peaceful now. "You know I love your right?" I looked up  at his big brown eyes and nodded. "I love you too Sweet Pea," he smiled and pecked me on the lips before looking back down at the fire while wisps of smoke flew into the air.

***********

I sipped on my mountain Dew sitting across from Jughead when a light wrap came from the front door. My brothers eyes flickered to it nervously then he met min and as we both went to get up my dad walked in and pulled the door open. "Hi Mr. Jones are Jughead and A.J. home today?" Dilton's voice rang through my ears and I smiled when my dad opened the door farther letting the boy in.

"I'll get the bikes warm, hurry up" my dad told us before stepping out of the door. "Dilton now is not really a gold time okay, " my brother said causing me to scoff at his cruelty. "Ben and I we thought it was just a game. A stupid roleplaying game, but it's not it's so much more, " I could feel my eyebrows sliding up my head in curiosity.

"He's real, " I didn't know what Dilton was talking about but the severity in his voice scared me enough. "Who, " my brother softly started to push. "Who is, " Dilton froze. "Look we gotta get to Archie's trial, " I aid grabbing the keys.

"The gargoyle king, " Dilton replied. "I'm sorry the what king? " I questioned. "The gargoyle king, " he repeated his words sending goosebumps down my spine.

"We can't really talk right now, " my brother replied softly. "Do you wanna wait here?" I asked "Yea get some rest," my brother added. He nodded, "okay, " he responded before pulling out the wooden chair and sitting down. I took one last glance at Doiley before walking out of the trailer behind my brother.

"All arise, " the sheriff said as we all stood and sat back down in our seats when the judge sat down in his. "Has the jury reached a verdict? " the judge asked. A man who looked to be in his mid forties stood. "Your honor we have not, " he told the judge. I sighed and shifted in my seat suddenly uncomfortable.

"We're deadlocked six to six and it's not gonna change, " the room busted into a fit of whispers and quiet chatter. "So be it, " the judge replied in a slightly annoyed tone. "The jury is dismissed thank you for your service," the people stood and quietly filed out of the courtroom. I started to tug at my dress hem nervously. My eyes flickered to Archie who leaned towards his mom.

So what happens now? he mouthed. What a good question. What the hell does happen now. Archie said something else to his mom but I couldn't read his lips.

The blonde woman stood clearing ber throat. "Your honor in loo of another trial the state would like to offer a lessened sentence. Instead of prison 2 years of time served and 2 years in juvenile detention if he pleads guilty to the crime of manslaughter, " she quickly glanced to Archie. I chuckled softly Archie wouldn't be dumb enough to take that.

Then I remembered what he had said yesterday about being guilty and suddenly my chuckle came to abrupt stop and I was silently begging Archie not to take the deal. "Your honor, " Mrs. Andrews objected standing up. "I'll take the deal, " Archie said standing up as well. The sudden Archie no's tugged at my heart.

His mom pulled him to the side and they shared some words. "Your honor I accept the deal, " Archie repeated and I could feel a single tear fall down my cheek. "Son let me get this straight though its legally within your rights your ignoring the advice of your council? Your mother? " he nodded "Yes your honor I'm guilty, " another tear. The judge leaned foward. "Mr. Andrews the court accepts your plea of guilt you will be taken directly from the court to the Leopold juvenile center, " two more tears.

Suddenly the police were dragging Archie out of the courtroom and tears were falling down my cheeks quickly. I felt two arms on my shoulders. I knew it was Sweet Pea I turned around a wrapped my small arms around his waist letting the tears take control.

"No you can't take him away he's innocent he didn't do anything," Veronica cried only making me sob harder. I willed myself to stop to go help comfort Veronica quickly wiping away the tears I turned off the faucet and there was no longer water.

I walked over and hugged Veronica petting her back soothingly and she cried harder. I felt her tears through my dress and I bit my now quivering lip.

***************
Jughead opened the door and walked in me closely behind. I threw it closed in frustration and Jug looked at me with his eyebrows raised. "Sorry, " a smile tugged at the edges of his lips but I didn't expect him to burst out laughing or anything with what just happened.

I noticed a map on the table and Jughead noticed soon after. "Dilton?" he called walking through the trailer trying to find him. I slowly picked up the paper that dilton left and unfolded it. I couldn't describe the drawing on it to you I just know it gave me the heebie jeebies and when I got the heebie jeebies something was usually wrong.

I flipped it around to reveal a map. I quickly glanced up at the map of Riverdale from Jugheads mystery board. They were super similar. "Yo Jug come look at this, " I yelled. He walked up to me and I shoved rhe paper in his hands. "Check that out, " I told him pointing from the paper to the map on the wall. We noticed the trees drawn know were right were an actual forest was and we looked at each other.

I quickly grabbed the keys and he pulled the door open and let me walk through first.

*****************

We waded through the woods with only one flashlight. We got stopped suddenly by a thing made of a branches and a skull that looked exactly like the picture of the "Gragoyle King" and I shuddered. When a few birds cawed and flew away me and my brother jumped.

He turned his flashlight slowly over to find dilton laying on the ground. Bowing with some wierd symbols carved into his back. "Dilton? " I asked softly silently pleading for an answer. No answer.

Me and my brother rushed over to the crouching next to them. "Oh my god Ben are you okay, " I muttered. Suddenly his eyes flew open and green stuff started to fall out of his mouth. "Help, " my brothers voice echoed through the woods but I knew. No help was coming.

Ahhh. Jk but honestly though I feel really bad for this taking so long. Like I've been really busy but that's not a good enough excuse right. Well I'm gonna try to have the next chapter posted by tomorrow or Saturday. Umm it's not gonna take five days again I promise. ☹️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 903 19
Jughead Jones is the son of FP Jones. He is the future Serpent king. He doesn't want the title but will accept it. What he doesn't know, is his Queen...
31.3K 585 18
After being broken out of The Sisters of Quiet Mercy, Eliza (Toni's Sister) starts falling for a fellow Serpent, Sweet Pea.
63K 1.8K 42
[BASED OFF OF THE MOVIE! I DO NOT OWN THE IDEAS! THIS IS SIMPLY A FANFIC!] Jughead Jones is a Senior in high school. He's one of the most popular boy...
28.8K 595 17
In which the Serpent Queen grows into who she was meant to be