๐—ช๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—œ๐—ป๐——๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ด๐˜‚๏ฟฝ...

By Hermohermoine

A story in which a quiet town is home to the quiet girl, A.J. Jones who would do anything for her twin brothe... More

Cast
We can't live without a home
The book
Jason's killer
The Black hood
Trading schools
The tales of Nancy Drew
The Red Circle
Becoming serpents
The fight (serpents vs. bulldogs)
Race with ghoulies
The snake charmer
The snake charmer pt.2
Dad is getting out of jail!
Trading schools again?
Sorry another not a chapter
Riverdale High
Introductions & vandalism
Knight in shining armor and party for dad
Retirement party= breakups
No more Peabody or Blackhood
"Happy Pickens day!" *not*
The case of the missing pickens head
My brothers girlfriend cleaned up a dead guy
The Shadow lakes house
He's like Dracula
Hunger strike
They found the car
Saving Cheryl
Carrie the musical
Carrie the musical pt.2
Guess who's back in town
I'm not stupid he didn't do it
Reggie shot Fangs?????
Dads to the rescue
The ultimate sacrifice
Waking up and new information
The real retirement + arrests = "The best day ever"
Lots of I'm sorrys and "The what King?"
Not a chapter
Ethel
Ethel pt.2/// Griphons and Gargoyles
"What the heck is a Speak Easy?"
I'm not property of Malachai.
Definietely not my style
Manhunter
Do you wanna drive
Everyone loves my outfit
Your family
Keep Fighting
Have you seen BadBoys 2
You have no food!
The Queen of England?
Princess
The floors are nice
Just Talk
I'm happy with life
Candy Store Songs&Dark Secrets
Understanding
Talks of the Future
First Challenge: 'Secrets, and Sins'
Challenge 2&3: Not Tonight
The Final Challenge: A Job Well Done
Leaving time
Promposal&Revamped Business Alliance
Assitance Transferred
A Load of Crap
Diggin Up a Body
Not a Sidekick
The Harpy
My Challenge
The Final Betrayal
Epilogue
Don't Hate Me
GUESS WHAT!!!!

Court Room and The Pool Party Fail

2K 35 8
By Hermohermoine

As most normal summers go I expected it to be days at Pop's and going to the Sweetwater River but unlike most summers my best friend was arrested right before it started. We sat in a burning courtroom like every day this summer. Here to support our good friend, Archie Andrews.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury the evidence and testimony of this report tell a dark story, " the blonde woman pampered in make up stated. "That Archie Andrews has had a history of violent behavior. That he started not one but two masked vigilante groups. That he assaulted an innocent boy with two broken legs. That he went wilding around the Southside of the town and threatened to shoot a man in the face," I winced the memory coming back to me.

Sweet Pea looked over to me and squeezed my hand. I leaned sideways onto his shoulder and found some comfort in this hot room. "I like your dress," Sweet Pea whispered his warm breath hitting my  ear giving me goosebumps.

Her outfit

"And while parting with his friends on his vacation in shadow lake Mr. Andrews ran into the woods and shot the victim Cassidy Bullik point blanke in the head, " I looked over at Sweet Pea knowing he knew what happened but he kept his eyes forward and his jaw clenched.

"Mr. Andrews claims that it was his girlfriend's father's doorman who shot Mr. Bullik. A shot he claims to have heard but not seen, " Sweet Pea shifted a little in his seat and I grumbled some mean words trying to get comfotable on his shoulder again.

"Who knows the truth of what happened that terrible night at Shadow Lake, " I wanted to yell "he does" pointing at Sweet Pea but Archie didn't want to get him involved. "I'll tell you who. That man," her long skinny finger stretching towards Archie and I glanced over to him. "Archie Andrews may be a varsity athlete and a gentle musician but he is also a cold blooded killer, " she said walking towards him then going to sit down.

"Ladies and gentlemen we know for a fact that Archie is constantly puts the needs of others ahead of his own. We know that he helped to solve the murder of Jason Blossom. We know that he offered friends and enemies shelter when they had no where else to stay. We know that he punched through a river of ice to save the life of his classmate,  Cheryl Blossom. Well let me remind you there were no witnesses to the actual killing. There was no murder weapon,  there was no motive,  at the end of the day all the prosecution has is cloudy testimonies from unreliable people, " I looked st Veronica and watched her face light up when Archie turned back to look at her.

"Now it is my solemn duty as a mother to protect my son,  but as an attorney it is my duty to adhere to the facts, " I snorted softly at how many times she used duty and Jughead nudged me in the rib. I looked over to him and smirked. "To the evidence, " she finished. "There is nothing here that proves that Archie Andrews is anything less than an innocent boy, " I could see Mr. Fred nod and so did I.

"Thank you, " Mrs. Andrews stated before walking back to her seat next to Archie. Archie leaned over to say something to his mom but I couldn't see what he was saying.

*****************
I was filling up my cup in the small water machine I watched it bubble and pretended like I wasn't paying attention to Josie's and Mrs. McCoy's conversation. "Just level with us mom. What do you think Archie's chances are? " Josie asked with Kevin standing beside her looking grim.

"I'd say it have to be about fifty fifty, " Mrs. McCoy admitted." But if it had to come down on a side Mrs. McCoy, " Kevin asked. Mrs. McCoy obviously didn't know the answer but I waited in case she came up with one."A.j., " Sweet Pea said I looked back at him and his pointed at my cup which was now overflowing.

I grabbed it and turned around to Sweet Pea. "Do you know where Archie is, " I looked over and saw Betty,  Veronica and Jughead heading to the stairs. "Well I dont but they prolly do, " I pushed my head towards them as a subtle way to point. He just nodded and started to walk to the stairs with me in quick pursuit.

We made it up the stairs stuck behind Jug, Betty and Veronica. At the top we found Archie sitting his mind obviously in some distant land based on the distraught features etched into his face glazed over eyes. "What you thinking about Arch?" I asked. He blinked and the light came back. "How your gonna walk out of here a free man, " Veronica stated sitting next to him.

"A place actually Ronnie, you an I have never been there but Betty,  A.J.,  Jug do you remember the Sweetwater swimming hole? " I grinned nodding. "I was just thinking about that, " Jug commented and Betty nodded in agrreance. "Why'd we very stop going?" Betty questioned "Do you remember when we got covered in leeches?" he asked I shivered at the thought. I remember peeling them off my skin crying because I was scared we were gonna die.

"Was that us or was that a movie? " Betty questioned looking horrified. "That was definitely us, " I giggled and the boys muttered a few words in agreement. "Well I wanna go, " Veronica said. "Me too, " Sweet Pea pouted and I giggled before Kevin ran up us.

"Court, " he heaved " Is back in session, " he barely finished before struggling for air again.

We walked back down the stairs back to the large room that felt really like a heater. "The jury is still deliberating, " the judge's voice echoed through the courtroom leaving an eery feel. "But I've dismissed them, " he stated leaving the crowd in a fit of murmurs and quiet whispers.

"It's been questioned and I have instructed them not to read anything about this case nor to discuss with anyone. We'll reconvene Tuesday morning after labor Day, " I felt Sweet Pea's eyes when he glanced at me but I was too focused on Archie.

The judge pulled off his classes and leaned toward Archie. "My advice to you young man, is to spend this weekend with your family and your loved ones. That's all, " The hammer rung through the room signalling we had to leave.

I walked over to Archie and his dad. We walked past cameras Archie looking away with his dad covering gave me a sense of strange comfort. I shrugged it off and walked with them for support. "Hey Archie," Hiram's voice rang in my ears and I internally groaned before turning around with Archie and Fred.

"Have a terrific weekend, ". " Fred, " Mrs. Andrews yelled out but it didn't help because Mr. Fred Andrews stormed up to Hiram and punched him in the face. "Dad stop, " Archie commanded. Archie tried to pull him back but it did not work so I walked over pulling him back with Archie,  while some other man held back Hiram.

"Guys lets go, " I told them after Fred finally gave up.

*******************

"Enjoy, " Pop told me putting the two shakes on the counter. "Thanks pop, " I commented before grabbing the milkshakes and walking towards our table. I stopped when I noticed Ben Button and Dillon Doiley sitting at a table playing a game. "Yo Ben,  Dilton what are you guys playing? " I asked curiously.

"Its called Griffin's and - " Dilton started before getting cut off. "Shut up Doiley, " Ben demanded. I walked away suprised and over to our table. I handed Sweet Pea the other milkshake and barely heard Betty say "If only we could find the gun that Andre used to kill Cassidy, " I pushed myself onto the pull up chair and Veronica nodded her head no.

"I've torn the Pembroke apart,  after the riots my father wiped any and all traces of Andre" Veronica stated exasperated. "Well he wouldnt bring it back and thats probably where he ditched, " Jughead commented and I groaned. "So what we go back Shadow Woods. We've looked, " I told them.

"Let's look again with metal detectors this time, " Jughead said throwing his hands lightly in the air. I rolled my eyes at him for being so dramatic and he winked at me causing me to giggle. "If we get Andre's gun then we can plant it on -" "No, " Archie stated cutting off Veronica.

"I don't want to spend what may be my last weekend looking for evidence that isn't there, " he said shaking his head. "Planting it who knows where," he finished. "Archie we have three extra days to prove that your innocent, " Betty interjected.

"What would you have us do?" I asked Archie not really caring what Betty had to say. He rubbed his face stressed "What the judge said,  after the worst summer I want us to have a great, normal labor Day weekend, " Jughead looked like he completely disagreed with the whole plan but I nodded hoping no one would notice the pain buried deep in my eyes.

"If that's what you really want...  Archiekins, " Veronica said so softly. "It is Ronnie, " "So what should we do?" Jughead asked buy before Archie could answer the bell rang signalling someone came in. I looked over and the familiar redheaded sometimes cold hearted Cheryl Blossom walked over.

"Greetings chums, I wanted to let you know that after the three amazing months I just had with Toni,  riding on motorcycles across the country. We're celebrating with an epic end of summer pool party at Thornhill. And your all invited. Of course given the fact that Archie will most likely be walking the green mile while the rest of us are walking the stage for graduation I understand if your not up for it, " I sighed,  annoyed by her rude comment.

"Invite whoever you want but give them fair warning,  I'm in the mood for some hell raising...  Toodles, " she told us before turning around and walking back to the door. "Toodles, " I said mimicking her happy shrug causing the core four and Sweet Pea to laugh.

********************

"We know Hiram is taking over the Southside because the ghoulies are making moves all over, " my voice low as I walked next to a shirtless fangs and Sweet Pea,  and my brother. "I need to know what he's up to, " I glared at him.

"We, " I reminded he nodded "right we, " his voice came out in an awkward tone while he scratched the back of his neck. "Alright Fangs, " I said slapping his back. "Your up, " I commanded. "We need you to find the ghoulies and their lair okay? " My brother explained and I stared at him expectantly waiting for an answer.

"If you see them we don't want you to engage with them okay, " I whispered again. "It's just a recon mission we can't risk another gang war, " my brother finished for me. "We just need a confirmation that whatever Hiram is up to has nothing to do with the serpents or Riverdale High, " "Will do.  Got it, " he replied before patting our backs and walking away with a bored Sweet Pea on his trail.

"Ay kids come here, " We walked over to my dad with a paint brush to Archie's arm.

"Come have a look.  I think it's my best one yet, " my dad's voice came out raspy and I walked over to the other side of Archie to check out his tattoo. "So, " I started looking at Jughead waiting for him to finish. "How does it feel to be an honorary serpent? " his question came out in a strange emotion that sounded like giddiness but didn't. Huh.

"It's pretty savage guys, " he answered his whipping around from Jughead to me. "Archie, " this time my brother starting with a glance to me. "The first thing we learned at Southside High was that you need to run with a crew, " my brother nodded "Survive. There are gonna be serpents in juvenile detention, " Archie's head bobbled up and down implying he understood.

"Find them, " I instructed.  "Sit with them, " my brother said.  "That tattoos gonna get you in but it's also gonna get you protected, " my brother finished. "Yea, " my dad's rumbly voice suprised me since I honestly forgot he was there. "Their right.  To a point, " he patted a red cloth over his newest artwork.

"They'll keep your body safe.  But you still gotta protect this ay, " his wiry finger tapped against his brain and Archie nodded trying to absorb it all. "I speak from experience, " he pulled his glasses off and pointed at Archie with them.  "Your mind is the first thing that goes when your locked up. If you can keep your head on straight you can get through anything, " he advised. 

"Just...  Keep your wits about your red," Archie smirked and my dad patted his shoulder.

***************

I stood with Archie and Reggie at Cheryl's party passing the football with them. " I really like your costume Jones, " Reggie said smirking before throwing the ball towards me. "Yeah is that smaragdine? " Archie asked causing me to giggle and shake my head no.

"Shut up its the closest thing I could find, " I grumbled before Archie smirked at me and the next thing I knew the ball was spiralling towards me. I stuck my hands out and grabbed it out of the air smirking back in my small victory.

( Her bathing suit.)

"Reg if I do go away, " I winced. The thought of such an innocent redhead behind bars seemed strange now. "You gotta step up and lead the Bulldogs, " he threw the ball and it landed with a thump in Reggie's hands. "I'm already captain bro, " he looked to me with that same annoying smirk,  then threw the ball. The leather felt good in my hands as I snatched it mid-air.

"I'm not talking about on the field," he stated holding his hands out signalling he wanted me to throw it to him. The ball flew out of my hands when I threw it "I saying you have to work with Jughead and A.J. to keep the peace, " I glanced back scanning the crowd for Sweet Pea.

He sat next to the pool with his feet in it in between Fangs and Josie. I turned around happy to see they were okay. "No more circles red dark or any other's, " Reggie shook his head before throwing the ball to me.

"Nah man I'm done with that bloody chapter, " I didn't care anymore what he had to say to be honest. I was starting to get bored. I turned around ready to walk over to Sweet Pea. When I looked over Fangs was gone and Sweet Pea getting up when Josie pulled him down and attached his lips to hers. Pain wrapped around my heart when I turned back around. 

"Hey guys I'm a go I'm not feeling very well, " worry lingered in their eyes but I didn't care. I walked back into the crowd looking for a trusted face to take me home because Jug had brought me. The crowd swayed to the beat of the music and it was starting to get to my head.

My breathing started to get heavy as I tried to keep my vision from blurring. Breath in breath out. Breath in breath out. It wasn't working my vision was no longer blurry it was fading into black. I stumbled trying to find a way out of the crowd. I fell backwards and the last thing I remember was the feeling of water enveloping my entire body. I didn't care anymore though,  because I was done. Sweet Pea cheated on me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 1.8K 42
[BASED OFF OF THE MOVIE! I DO NOT OWN THE IDEAS! THIS IS SIMPLY A FANFIC!] Jughead Jones is a Senior in high school. He's one of the most popular boy...
86.7K 1.9K 35
Jughead Jones the leader of a gang meets the innocent Betty Cooper, who has recently moved to her two best friends in Riverdale. She has been warned...
31.3K 585 18
After being broken out of The Sisters of Quiet Mercy, Eliza (Toni's Sister) starts falling for a fellow Serpent, Sweet Pea.
47.1K 642 19
COMPLETED~The life of Betty cooper and jughead jones take on the leadership of the south side serpents. Including Betty's full dark no stars. WARNING...