A Reason to Change | Connor x...

By sugarlizzz_

NEW BOOK TITLE - Previously known as "We Live, Therefore We Are" You never had anything against androids... I... More

Author's Note
Prompt
1 : F A S C I N A T I O N [1/3]
1 : F A S C I N A T I O N [2/3]
1 : F A S C I N A T I O N [3/3]
2 : C H A S E [1/4]
2 : C H A S E [2/4]
2 : C H A S E [3/4]
2 : C H A S E [4/4]
3 : T H E _ N E S T [1/4]
3 : T H E _ N E S T [2/4]
3 : T H E _ N E S T [3/4]
3 : T H E _ N E S T [4/4]
4 : R E S T I N G [1/4]
4 : R E S T I N G [2/4]
4 : R E S T I N G [3/4]
4 : R E S T I N G [4/4]
5 : E D E N _ C L U B [1/4]
5 : E D E N _ C L U B [2/4]
5 : E D E N _ C L U B [3/4]
5 : E D E N _ C L U B [4/4]
6 : L I G H TS _ O U T
7 : T H E _ B R I D G E
8 : C O N F L I C T E D [1/3]
8 : C O N F L I C T E D [2/3]
8 : C O N F L I C T E D [3/3]
9 : P U B L I C _ E N E M Y [1/5]
9 : P U B L I C _ E N E M Y [2/5]
9 : P U B L I C _ E N E M Y [3/5]
9 : P U B L I C _ E N E M Y [4/5]
9 : P U B L I C _ E N E M Y [5/5]
10 : K A M S K I [2/3]
10 : K A M S K I [3/3]
11: L A S T _ C H A N C E [1/3]
11: L A S T _ C H A N C E [2/3]
11: L A S T _ C H A N C E [3/3]
12: J E R I C H O [1/4]
12: J E R I C H O [2/4]
12: J E R I C H O [3/4]
12: J E R I C H O [4/4]
13 : S O _ C L O S E [1/5]
13 : S O _ C L O S E [2/5]
A/N (Not Dead)
13 : S O _ C L O S E [3/5]
13 : S O _ C L O S E [4/5]
A/N ( ! NEW BOOK TITLE ! )
13 : S O _ C L O S E [5/5]

10 : K A M S K I [1/3]

3.8K 146 81
By sugarlizzz_

Your alarm went off, the obnoxious ringing waking you up in an instant. You turned around groggily and turned it off, before reluctantly sitting up with a yawn and checking your phone.

Oh, mom texted me?

>> What's going on over there? Hope you're okay. Call me when you can.

You furrowed your brows in confusion, wondering what she could mean by that, and proceeded to dial her number.

"Hey mom."
["Hey, Sweetie. Good morning! How are you? Is everything okay?"]
"I'm doing good, everything's fine. I just woke up... Why do you ask?"
["Because of what happened in Detroit last night. Have you not heard? ... Look at the news."]
"I was probably sleeping... Hold on..." You got up to grab your tablet that was lying on the desk in your bedroom to check the news.

"At 2 AM several CyberLife stores in Detroit were raided."

"Different locations were hit in a coordinated attack ..."

"Most shops were covered with graffiti demanding equal rights for androids..."

"Pro-android graffiti was found in the neighborhoods of CyberLife's stores..."

"Two policemen were found in a state of shock near one of the CyberLife stores..."

"It has been confirmed that the attackers were a group of androids..."

"Holy crap..." You muttered.
["Exactly. It's all over the news... So how's work?"]
"It's alright. Been dealing with some interesting cases, but I'll tell you more about that when I have the time."
["... You should come visit sometime."]
"I will, soon. Promise. Hopefully before Christmas."
["That would be wonderful. You should bring Hank again!"]
"Sure thing. ... Oh, by the way, I got a new partner."
["Oh? Well, what about Hank?"]
"He's still my partner, mom. We've got an additional one."
["That's interesting. Who is it?"]
"It's... It's an android, actually."
["What? Really? Wow!"]
"Yeah, his name is Connor. He's a prototype that helps with... certain... difficult cases."
["Oh? What kind of cases?"]
"Well, uh... Cases involving androids, actually. Deviants, to be exact."
["I see... You be careful on your investigations, then! And he can come along to visit, if he wants to!"]
You let out a small chuckle. "We'll see."
["So, do you get along?"]
"Oh, uh, yeah... He's pretty cool..."
["That's great. I'm happy for you, sweetie."]
"Thanks, mom. ... I should probably get going. Gotta get ready for work."
["Oh, of course! Sorry for keeping you back. Love you!"]
"Love you too. Bye, mom."
["Bye, honey! Take care!"]
You hung up with a smile and made your way to the bathroom to get ready.

Once parked, you quickly exited your car and walked up the stairs of the building.
As usual, you were greeted by the android at the reception and the officers present.

"Good morning, Detective (L/N)."
"Morning, (Y/N)."
"Morning, guys." You returned their greetings much more happily than the previous day, despite still being as groggy as ever.
Passing the secured entrance, your heart instantly began beating much faster, in anticipation of seeing Connor.
Surely enough, he was sitting by your desk, and greeted you with a gentle smile as soon as he spotted you walking towards the break room for your morning coffee. You smiled back at him brightly, cheeks heating up immediately.
You entered the break room, not being able to stop grinning so damn happily, and took a deep breath to calm yourself down as you operated the coffee machine. Luckily, Reed was nowhere to be seen.

Stop smiling. Stop smiling.

Stop smiling, damn it.

You turned around with the cup in hand, trying to force a more serious look onto your face, before walking over to your desk.

"Good morning, (Y/N)." Connor greeted as you approached.
"Morning!" You responded cheerfully and sat down in your chair next to the android.
It was quiet for a minute, until Connor spoke up.
"You appear to be in a good mood today. Why is that so?"
You almost choked on the sip of coffee you were taking, hoping not to turn red. "I, uh, I don't know? I just am... I-is that bad or something?"
Of course, you would never admit that Connor is the main reason...
"No, not at all. I was just wondering, since yesterday's events would be rather traumatizing to most."
"Oh, well, I'm alright." You smiled at him.
"That's quite admirable. Not a lot of people would get back on their feet that quickly."
"Thanks, Connor. Being surrounded by... lovely people does help quite a bit."
"I'm glad to hear that. ... Will you be going to the park for lunch again?"
You smiled at the android. "We'll see."
He nodded in response, before turning his attention to the computer, while you started going through the paperwork on your desk, including a report of yesterday's events. You let out a sigh, grabbed a pen and got to work.

A few hours have passed, when Hank finally arrived.
"Oh, what brings you here this early?" You sassed the Lieutenant as he approached.
"Very funny, kid. ... I'm assuming you've heard the news?" He looked at you and Connor.
"Yeah, found out this morning." You responded while Connor nodded.
"Well, uh, I've had an idea..."
"Oh?"
"Yup... I made some calls... We're going to see Elijah Kamski to ask him some questions."
"Kamski? The Elijah Kamski??"
Hank nodded. "Uh-huh. Thought he might know some stuff that could be useful."
"Wow... That's not a bad idea, Hank. Let's get going!" You got up from your chair excitedly.
"Woah now, hide that lady-boner, Kiddo." Anderson joked.
"Oh hush, Gramps. At least I can still get it up." You shot back at him with a cheeky grin. "Besides, who wouldn't be curious to meet someone like him?"
Hank laughed. "Jesus, get outta here you little shit."
Connor just looked forth and back between the two of you, seemingly confused.
"Come on then. Get a move on, tin can." Anderson gestured at him.
"Of course, Lieutenant." the android replied while getting up from his chair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

DBH By moooo

Fanfiction

67.8K 2.3K 18
Connor, the Android sent by CyberLife and Lieutenant Hank Anderson are now armed with the task of taking care of a five year old girl after she survi...
130K 5K 37
"You love him, that's why you care so much for him," You thought. "You love him. You love him." -- Detroit is a bustling city-center, with those look...
254K 8.7K 23
*Follows the storyline of Detroit: Become Human* You've been working at Detroit City Police Department for a few years, being in the police force had...
29.5K 1.2K 20
Her brother and she had a vision. A vision where people would have the power to create life. Machines that would change the world. They both knew tha...