27 percent ✓

By livflower

completed: 08/27/18 -shortlisted for Fiction awards- May Springer enters her Senior year of high school with... More

the boring stuff
cast
one ➶ hospital visits and speeding tickets
two ➶ police escort and parent support
three ➶ bad boys and lost toys
four ➶ detention and unwanted tension
five ➶ chemo therapy and leaving a legacy
six ➶ facing fears and changing gears
seven ➶ skipping class and the jackass
eight ➶ new friends and a deep cleanse
nine ➶ explaining and shaving
ten ➶ dinner parties and a little smartie
eleven ➶ an all nighter and a firefighter
twelve ➶ morning glory and a foreign story
thirteen ➶ bald heads and loose threads
fifteen ➶ raining and draining
sixteen ➶ falling and appaling
seventeen ➶ mayors and players
eighteen ➶ summer and a bummer
nineteen ➶ decorations and frustrations
twenty ➶ applied math and the psychopath
0.1 ➶ questions
twenty-one ➶ high school party and a little tardy
twenty-two ➶ making a splash and a little crash
twenty-three ➶ its a crime to ryhme sometimes
twenty-four ➶ medicine mountains and drinking fountains
twenty-five ➶ waking up and a shaking checkup
IMPORTANT
twenty-six ➶ flowers and showers
twenty-seven ➶ adoption papers and skyscrapers
twenty-eight ➶ impromtu trip and a tiny warship
twenty-nine ➶ a small scare and a teddy bear
thirty ➶ thursdays are for forts and exports
0.2 ➶ old stuff
thirty-one ➶ tattoos and refuse
thirty-two ➶ football and downfall
thrity-three ➶ breakthrough and overdue
thirty-four ➶ homecoming and numbing
thirty-five ➶ emergencies and uncertainties
this did not just happen...
thirty-six ➶ afterwards and utter words
epilogue: drunk dudes and funny nudes
authors note: the end
bonus chapter (1)
Important Notice!

fourteen ➶ enthusiastics club and a ticket stub

13.6K 466 89
By livflower

A/N: thank you guys so much for 1k reads and #166 in Humor! It boggles my mind that it's only been published for two weeks and it has already reached this far!

Chapter fourteen: Enthusiastic's Club and a ticket stub. //edited//

Once I had ran out of the room in a fit of rage I may or may not have kicked a random car in the parking lot, making the alarm sound. Causally I had walked away, but the alarm of the car still hasn't turned off and it's still blaring in the parking lot.

No big deal, it's only been three hours. I have calmed down now.

"May? Are you ok?" Allison asked, very unlike her.

I shook my head if my thoughts and nodded. "Uh, Yea."

"Than why is Adam being so moody lately?" Emma asked, almost like she knew that Ally would have asked if she hadn't.

"He's being moody? I haven't even seen him all day."

Now that I think about it, he wasn't in math when I had gone there and had my rage fit. He probably would have been proud if he saw it—but he didn't.

"Okay, anyway," Summer said loudly getting everyone's attention. "Matter at hand—Enthusiastic's Club has started."

Right. It was lunch time and we were hidden in the alcove of a unused classroom in the back of the school near the gym.

Sounds fun, right?

I don't even know how I became a member, you run in here crying once and they inaugurate you into the club without permission right away.

"The student council is swamped preparing for the football games, so we've been handed the job to plan the homecoming dance!" Summer said while clapping her hands excitedly.

I rolled my eyes, were we really expected—only four people—to plan for the dance, alone without any outside help?

This was going to be a disaster.

"Emma, you are on decorations. Allison, you are on music—find some cool DJ or something, and May your job is to get the football players to help us."

My head shot up from the desk at the mention of the football players but Summer interrupted me before I could speak. "I'll be on publicity and getting the word around, the theme this year is 'Carnival'."

"Um, why am I trying to get the football players help?" I asked, holding up my hand in the air like a child trying to get attention.

Allison mugged me with her elbow. "It's because your up close and personal with Adam, the captain."

I huffed, she had a point. The football players would be great to get them on our side, it would convince the rest of the population on attending this dance.

"Ok fine."

Summer pretended to get into a huddle and she put her hand in her circle, and when no one else followed suit she yelled. "Break!" And threw her hand in the air before running out of the classroom.

Everyone else followed behind, but slower and went there deprecate ways. I knew that the football players would be having a small practice during lunch so I headed to the field to see if Adam could convince them.

I reached the field in a matter of minutes and saw them all running plays, huddled in the middle before slamming out and slowly running the play, learning and analyzing the field.

I walked up to the sidelines and felt as if I should have a pen and paper with a feather in my fedora in order to fit in with the crowd.

Or at least some Pom-Poms. Everyone watching in the bleachers where either fangirls or the high school local newspaper that was waiting to get a word out of the coach.

"Hey Coach?" I asked over the loud screaming from the crowd.

"If your another high school kid from the newspaper I have nothing to tell you." He grumbled as he kept his gaze forward.

"Um no, actually it's May Sprin-"

"May Springer?" He asked, turning around fast so that he could see my petite figure. "With the way Adam goes on about you I would be sorry not to answer your questions."

Blushing I chose to ignore it, he was probably just talking about how he hung out with me, or gave me a ride to school today. Yea, that's it.

"I'm actually with the Enthusiastic's Club and I—"

"Those damn high schoolers keep coming up with more clubs than they could fund nowadays. They should just have Football, Soccer and Basketball." He said, throwing his clipboard on his table next to him and sighing loudly.

"Your entitled to your own option but I was actually wondering if I could talk to Adam for three seconds." I said, slightly exaggerating how long it would take me to talk to him.

He nodded and turned to the field, cupping his mouthing he yelled. "Allioni! Hurry over!"

Adam jogged over full uniform and when he reached us he took off his helmet and I almost swooned at how hot he looked doing what he loved.

See, this is why I liked him.

Holly guacamole! I like him, since when?

Eh, I guess I've always had that little tug on my heart whenever he was around.

"Hey Sunshine." He smirked, completely ignoring the fact that his coach was right next to us.

"Umm, I have a couple of questions for you." I murmured, not liking the look the coach was giving me.

"Sure, lets go to the bench." He declared as he dragged me over to the seat and sat me down.

"Oh-ok, so, Umm, myclubisdoingthehomecomingdanceandwewerewonderingifyouwantedtohelp." I rushed out, flustered.

Adam chuckled. "Your going to have to slow down there Lightning McQueen."

I rolled my eyes and repeated. "My Club is doing the homecoming dance and we were wondering if you wanted to help?"

"Well I hope your not doing homecoming. That'd be a lot of people."

I slapped him in the arm and he just bellowed out a baritone laugh that had my heart soaring above cloud nine.

"You know what I mean." I grumbled.

"Yea sure I'll help, what do you need me to do?"

Me?

May! What in the heck did you just think! Hormones do not function in my favor right now, I hate this.

"Just get the football team to help advertise." I said.

"Aye aye captain." He said, saluting me before strutting towards the center of the field, only to halt and trot back.

Rummaging through his bag he chucked a piece of cloth at me. "See you on Friday Sunshine!"

Grabbing it off my face I looked and turned beat red when I noticed it had the number 30 on it—his jersey number.

Embarrassed that everyone was looking at me I rushed off the field as I heard Adam start to talk to his teammates.

Was he joking?

This has got to be a joke...right?

Nope it wasn't, as I reached my locker to put my stuff and the jersey away I noticed that Adam had opened my locker and taped a ticket stub to the inside of it with a letter that said.

See ya soon (;

I threw my head back and groaned, his was a psycho  for thinking that he wasn't going to get judged by going with me.

He's too good for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 9.1K 65
When you're a seventeen-year-old girl with anxiety disorder and a gorgeous, popular girl that absolutely hates your guts for who-knows-what reason bu...
400K 9.4K 45
Copyright © 2014 by casey pascoe. All rights reserved * * * One mistake and he is forced to spend one hour a day with her. Ugh. One mistake and sh...
237K 7.9K 45
"I have cancer." This sentence is something that Clare never wants to come out of her mouth. Clare, who has had cancer for years, is starting to give...
4.9K 288 39
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...