Vic and Mike Fuentes are my b...

By Penguin182

Alexandra Dayne never thought things would get better. She'd hoped and dreamed that her band, The Unknown, wo... More

"Vic and Mike Fuentes are my brothers? MOOM?!"
Chapter 1 - "I have brothers?"
Chapter 2 - "Hit the road babes..."
Chapter 3 - "True or False; Vic And Mike Fuentes are my brothers"
Chapter 4 - The Unknown And a boyfriend who moved to San Diego 2 years ago...
Chapter 5 - (Title is too long)
Chapter 6 - Darling, you'll be okay
Chapter 7 - The end might just be the beginning
Chapter 8 - 20 Questions with Pierce The Veil
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - They Say That Love Is Forever
Chapter 11 - Don't Panic
Chapter 12 - This Is My Breakdown
Chpater 13 - Nightmare
Chapter 14 - This isn't Rocket Surgery
Chapter 15 - Can't let go
Chapter 16 - String Me Along
Chapter 17 - Your mouth should be quiet because it never tells the truth
angry authors note!!!!!
Chapter 18 - You're Just A Bitch!
Chapter 19 - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
Chapter 20 - The Surface Shines While The Inside Rots
Chapter 21 - We're Falling Apart To Halftime
Chapter 22 - I don't ever want to lose my best friend...
Chapter 23 - Some days can feel like razor blades
Chapter 24 - Wake me up when September ends
Authors note! Character update!
Chapter 25 - When Darkness Turns to light
Chapter 26 - Lights Out Poughkeepsie
Chapter 27 - Can you tell i haven't slept very well?
Chapter 28 - About that life... Sort Of
Chapter 29 - Hooligans got big hearts
IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 30 - Making Christmas
Chapter 31 - I've Been Acting Like I'm Strong...
Chapter 32 - .. But The Truth Is I've Been Losing Ground...
Chapter 33 - I'll Stop The Whole World
Chapter 34 - Now I'm Finally Content
Chapter 35 - It as The Roar Of The Crowd
Chapter 36 - And I Sure As Hell Meant All Of It
Chapter 38 - I Swear I Could Never Burn Out Under Your Starlight
Chapter 39 - Tears On The Runway
chapter 40 - If this is what he wants and it's what she wants...
Chapter 41 - If There's a Future, We Want It Now
Authors note

Chapter 37 - Nice Guys Finish Last, I Take Pride In That

2.1K 62 31
By Penguin182

Chapter title is from the song, Love Me like You Used Too by You Me At Six.

Also, guys coud you please check out another story i'm writing? It's called ''Jenna Falls'' It is a Tonight Alive and All TIme Low fic its kind of Jenna and JAck mostly but it involves quite a bit of both bands and high school black fingernail Alex Gaskarth. SO GO READ IT! I used High school black finger nail alex and current Jack Barakat. Alex will grow up eventually but please go read that i will really love you if you do and i noticed that i kind of mixed the authors notes at the end of the last VAMFAMB chapter so just excse the part where it says that hte chater title is from the song that this chapter title is from. I love you all dearly and i have up to chpter 40 written adn i am currently working on 41. comment what you think  and let me know if youre still enjoying this. Sorry for any spelling errors in this authors note if you even read it. I still love you even if you didnt. but you should still go read my TA ATL fic. 

Chapter 37 – Nice Guys Finish Last, I Take Pride in That

It had been about a week since the whole Titanic incident. I’d had my interview at Hot Topic on the Tuesday but hadn’t received a phone call yet. I really hoped I got the job. The Unknown boys and I would be going into a studio tomorrow to work on our first EP. It was going to be called Breakdown. We would be getting the pleasure of working with Alex Gaskarth and John Feldman on our EP. This was really exciting and I felt like we were finally going somewhere. We weren’t on a record label or anything; we were just doing a self-released EP which kind of made everything way more exciting than it already was.

“So are you finally going to do a studio version of Sunsets Without You?” Kellin asked over the phone as I leaned down looing through the fridge.

“Probably. Depends.” I said as I moved tonight’s dinner and grabbed the box that contained left over pizza. I set the box on the counter and Kellin said,

“Depends? On what?”

“It depends on if I’m mentally stable enough to belt that one out. I might not be able to do it.”

“If Tay could do Windows In Heaven, you can do Sunsets Without You.” Kellin said, sass dripping from his voice.

“No need for the sass, young man.” I responded, using the big sister voice on him.

Very rarely did I have to use the big sister voice on him as he was more of a big sibling than I’d ever been.

“Sorry. So I hear you guys are considering covering Remembering Sunday by All Time Low. I think your voice would sound really good on that song, so you should do it! And you said you’re writing with Alex, right?” Kellin said.

“Yeah. What are you getting at?”

“Get him to sing Juliet’s part and that would just be vocal magic!” He said excitedly.

I laughed and said, “We’ll see. We were actually thinking of putting at least one cover on the album. We’re thinking either Playing God by Paramore or Lonely Girl or The Edge by Tonight Alive.”

“I definitely think you guys should put one of the Tonight Alive songs on there. Probably The Edge. It seems to suit your voice better.”

“You think so?” I said finally grabbing a slice of pizza and taking a bite.

“I mean, you sound just like Jenna, but that seems to be easier for you to sing. At least it did on your guys’ acoustic cover. That was beautiful by the way. I get chills every time you sing and it’s like, yeah, that’s my big sister!”

I laughed and said,

“How sweet, Anyways Kellin, I’m getting a really dirty look from Tony so I’m going to let you go.”

“Why are you getting a dirty look?” He asked, going a bit protective.

“Probably because I’m sitting on the kitchen counter talking on my phone and eating pizza. Left over pizza. Pizza that was his… Bye Kellin, I love you!” I said the last bit really fast and hung up.

Tony slowly walked over to me and said,

“That’s my pizza.”

“Really? I didn’t know.” I said sarcastically.

He came over to me and stood in front of me, resting his hands on the counter on either side of me. I had one leg on either side of him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and pulled him closer to me.

I took another bite of the pizza and he glared at me.

“Want some?” I said smiling.

He took my pizza from me and finished the rest of it in a few bites.

“Hey!” I said sadly

“It was my pizza!” He argued.

“Fair enough. Where is everyone? The house is far too quiet.” 

“Girlfriends.” Was all Tony said.

I looked behind me at the pizza longingly. When I turned my head back to look at Tony I almost flinched at how close we were.

“You know,” He said quietly, “I could kiss you right now.”

“Why don’t you?” I asked.

“I don’t usually kiss girls on the first date.”

“Oh, so this is a date now?”

“Yep!”

“Not the most romantic date I’ve ever been on.”

“Pretty sure this is the only date you’ve been on.”

“No! It’s my second, you asshole. My luck’s not that bad with guys!”

“How do you think this date’s going so far?” he asked, grinning.

“Pretty swell if you ask me.” I said with a smirk.

“Good enough for a second one? Who knows, maybe you might get your kiss on a second date.” He said

I glared and said,

“Possibly.”

“Tomorrow night. I’ll show you what a real date is.”

“I’m in the studio tomorrow, Tony.”

“When aren’t you in the studio, then?”

“Saturday. I’ll be home all day and night Saturday. But I’ll be back in the studio on Sunday.”

“Saturday, we’ll go out on Saturday then.”

“So, day after tomorrow?”

“Yep!”

“It’s a date.” I said, smiling like the idiot I am.

“It is. Just one question…” He said, his voice shaking

“What’s wrong?”

“What are Vic and Mike going to think of this? I mean, you already dated Jaime and now possibly me?”

“Vic wasn’t joking when he said he thinks we’d be good together. He honestly thinks we’d work.”

“He does?”

“Yep. He told me himself. He might have told me to uh… go for it? I think that’s what he said. I don’t know. It was like a week ago. But yeah, he said that if I like you and he’s pretty sure that you like me that we should totally go for it and he’d be okay with it and I asked how mike would feel about it and he said that mike was on his sid-“ I didn’t get to finish my rambling as I was cut off when something hit my lips.

His.

He was kissing me. Holy shit… TONY WAS KISSING ME! My mind freaked out.

What do I do? Do I push him away? Kiss him back? This is your first kiss, Alexandra! Don’t mess it up! Yes I was 20 and had never been kissed. Is that so wrong? I’d had 2 boyfriends, 1 date and was currently experiencing my first kiss at the age of 20.

Before I had time to react, he pulled away.

“I thought you didn’t kiss girls on the first date?” I asked, feeling my cheeks turn red.

“You were rambling. Sorry. I probably shouldn’t have done that.”

“You want to know something funny?” I asked.

“What’s that?”

“I’d never been kissed before that.”

“Never?” He said in astonishment.

“Never ever. That was my first kiss.”

“Oh. Sorry.”

“Don’t be…” I said wrapping my arms around his neck. His hands went to my waist and I smirked.

“Down for a second one?”

I laughed but kissed him.

When I pulled away he laughed.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” He said, blushing.

“Tony! You’re blushing!” I said laughing and poking his cheek.

“Stop!” He said laughing, trying to pull my hand away from his face. Being apparently incredibly strong for my size, my hand wasn’t budging.

WE ended up wrestling, but not really. It was more of us just fighting against each other; me trying to poke his cheeks and him trying to move my hands away from his face. My phone started ringing in my back pocket and Tony and I both stopped.

“You going to answer that?” He asked.

I slowly pulled my hands away from him and pulled out my phone.

It was an unknown number.

I took a few steps away from Tony and answered my phone.

“Hello?” I said hesitantly, turning my back to Tony.

“Hey, Name buddy!”

“Alex?” I said, walking towards the living room, to sit on the couch.

“Yeah, Hey!”

“Hi, How’s it go-Ah!” I screamed interrupting myself as tony wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and picked me up.

“You okay?” Alex asked, flustered.

“Yeah. Tony’s just being weird. How’s it going?” I asked as Tony carried me over to the couch and sat down, with me still on him.

“Good. Would it be okay if I brought a friend to the studio on Sunday? I heard you guys were thinking about putting Remembering Sunday on the EP and he’d be perfect to sing Juliet’s part.”

“How’d you here that? We literally just started considering that today.”

“Kellin told me.” He said trying to act innocent.

“I’m going to kill him. Just don’t tell anyone else okay? I want it to be a surprise for the fans.”

“Alright. I won’t. I’ll text Kellin and let him know. Okay?”

“Okay. Thank you Alex.”

We then said our goodbyes and I turned to look at tony. I was now sitting between his legs as he watched TV.

“Spongebob? Really?” I said looking at him.

“Is that a problem?” He asked slowly wrapping his arms around my waist.

We spent the rest of the day watching cartoons on the couch, and talking about everything and nothing.

---

(AN: For the texting, Italics is her, bold is the other person)

The next day, we were in the studio.

John Feldman was here already and we were just waiting on Alex and company.

“Alex is on his way.” John said after looking at his phone.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I looked at it.

I decided where we’re going tomorrow. Do you own any dresses?

I raised an eyebrow at Tony’s text and responded.

Yeah. Why?

I set my phone down in my lap and Colten said,

 “I just made us a Keek account. You guys need to download the app and log in to the account. It’s a band account so we’re all going to update it, whenever we feel something worthy of sharing.”

I laughed and said,

“Oh Keek. I already have my own account so I have the app. But okay.”

He gave me the password and I logged in.

Our profile picture was just our logo since we hadn’t taken any photos of us with Sam and Ty yet. We only had pictures of the band when Kendra was around.

Colten clicked the new video button and made it so the camera was facing him and me.

“Hey keek! We got a keek! Keeky keeky keek!”

I looked at my phone again after it vibrated and saw another text from Tony.

Where it tomorrow night ;)

“Guess who’s got a hot date tomorrow night!” I yelled after reading the text.

Colten almost dropped his phone when I said that.

I was suddenly tackled with hugs by Ty, Taylor and Sam.

“They grow up so fast!” Taylor yelled into my ear.

“Alexandra, what do you have to say about this?” Colten asked, still recording.

“I don’t like this at all!” I yelled

“You heard it here first. Alexandra hates us!” Colten said. Sam, Taylor and Ty got off of me and the door to the studio opened.

 Alex walked in and I jumped up to attack him.

I hugged him and said,

“Reunited and it feels so good!”

Alex laughed and hugged me back.

“Hey name twin!” He let me go and I went back and sat where I’d been before.

I picked up my phone off the floor and decided to text Tony back.

Will do! :P

“Who are you texting?” Alex asked suggestively before sitting down beside me.

“Tony.”

“Oh. Lame.”

I laughed as he pushed me onto the floor.

“You want to go, Gaskarth?!” I yelled standing up and facing him.

“I thought you said you guys were already friends?” A deep Australian accent said behind me.

“Holy shit…” Tyler whispered.

“Dude…” Sam said.

I turned around and came face to face with an intimidatingly tall boy with blond hair. He had a lip ring and wore all black. He had black vans on with black skinny jeans and a Glamour Kills shirt underneath a hoodie and leather jacket. He wore dark sunglasses and had his hood up so I couldn’t really tell who he was, but he sounded extremely familiar.

This guy had to be at least 6 feet tall.

“You’re really tall and it’s really intimidating.”

The boy giggled and I became a little bit less stiff as he had the giggle of a child.

He laughed softly and said,

“You look terrified.”

“Some extremely tall guy is standing in front of me with his hood up and dark sunglasses. Wouldn’t you be scared to?” I said in response.

“Alex, this is the guy who I said would sound really good on Remembering Sunday if you guys do it. Plus he’s here to help.”

I nodded my head slowly and still stared at the boy. The boy pulled down his hood and looked even more familiar than he sounded. He pulled off his sun glasses and I smirked.

“My name’s Lu-“

“Luke Hemmings.” Sam, Ty and I all said at the same time, finishing his sentence.

“Wait, that guy from 5 Seconds Of Summer?” Colten asked.

“Yes, Colten, He’s the singer.” Taylor said.

“I think we need to do Remembering Sunday now. Like right now.” I said to my bandmates.

They all scrambled to grab their instruments.

Alex helped Ty and Sam with their guitar parts and I ended up chilling with Luke while all the boys did their parts.

Luke and I sang through the song a few times and changed some things before we were satisfied.

“Wait, sing that part again.” He said

“Which part?”

“Neighbours said she moved away.”

“The neighbours said she moved away, funny how it rained all day. I didn’t think much of it then but it’s starting to all make sense. Oh I can see now that all of these clouds are following me in my desperate endeavour to find my whoever, wherever she may be.”

“Okay, so, on the ‘funny how it rained all day’ I think you should kind of, like, almost yell the words ‘all day’. I don’t know it might give it more emotion and a bit of a rawer edge to it.”

I did what he said and he high fived me afterwards as it sounded absolutely epic. I’d done it the same way Alex did on Straight To DVD.

“Let’s take it from the ‘neighbours’ part.” He said.

We sang from that part all the way to the end.

“Whoa, that sounds awesome, you guys!” Colten said from where he was sitting with his bass.

“It sounds really cool when you do it, because you totally sound like Jenna from Tonight Alive.”

I laughed when Alex said that before he added,

“But you kind of look like Tay Jardine.”

“She’s one of my best friends so that’s actually really funny.” I said with a little laugh

By 6pm we’d recorded Remembering Sunday and were now working on a song called ‘Don’t hate the game, hate the player’ with Luke and Alex.

“By reading the first few lyrics that you’ve got I’m assuming that this is about Jaime?” Alex said.

“Yep.”

“Who?” Luke asked, completely oblivious.

“I mean, it’s also kind of about Cade as well but yeah.” I said.

“I’m lost.” Luke added.

“Jaime and Cade are the only 2 guys I’ve ever dated. They both cheated on me.”

“I am so sorry. Man that sucks so much.”

“Meh, I’m over it. It was about a year ago so, I’m okay.”

“I heard that you’ve got a date tomorrow night, yeah?” Alex said.

“Maybe.” I said as I felt myself blushing.

“With who?” Alex asked, nudging my side.

“Tony.”

“Perry?” he asked with a little gasp, the song completely forgotten.

“Yeah…” I said unable to hold back a smile.

------- 

so... LUke Hemmings, EH?! yes i just said, Eh! get over it! I am proud that i put luke in there i just really felt like it would work if you didnt like it oh well to late now it happened cant change the past. lets just move on and learn from it. I love you all and once again, PLEASE GO CHECK OUT MY ATL TA FIC!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! IT ALSO HAS A BIT OF YOU ME AT SIX!!! AKA sexy drummer Daniel Flint 

if you read this write Black Finger Nail Alex in the comment section with a smiley face 

i love you!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 396 7
After his failed suicide attempt, Kellin just wants to do everything right this time. He's planned it all out, scheduled everything, and now all he h...
11.5K 514 30
Anna has lived a troubled life, her dad abuses her, her twin hates her, and her mothers dead. She does has someone to help her though the pain, Jaime...
15.5K 370 26
Tony's 5 year marriage comes to a quick end when he comes home to find his wife, Charlotte, in bed with his best friend and band mate, Mike Fuentes...
694 153 38
Kellin's a normal college student with friends that drink way too much and party way too loud. But that never mattered. He's comfortable with it. Sur...