Cupid's Love

By IAmTheTrashCan

[***Warning***] [Possible spelling erros though it's been edited] [Possible triggering topics; read at own ri... More

Chapter 1 - Cupid
Chapter 2 - More Cupid
Chapter 3 - Who is he?
Chapter 4 - The meet
Chapter 5 - I'm Cupid
Chapter 6 - Dylan
Chapter 7 - The Blues
Chapter 8 - Sick
Chapter 9 - Elevator malfunction
Chapter 10 - What is this feeling?
Chapter 11 - Love?!
Chapter 12 - Who the fuck is Eric?
Chapter 13 - Is it me?
Chapter 14 - I never said that!
Chapter 15 - Blow pop
Chapter 16 - Flowers of all things
Chapter 17 - Tell me when you're sober
Chapter 18 - WHAT AM I DOING?!
Chapter 19 - I can't say it
Chapter 20 - You're not good enough
Chapter 21 - What loser?
Chapter 22 - Awkward
Chapter 23 - Plan
Chapter 24 - This was a mistake
Chapter 25 - You Idiot
Chapter 26 - I'm sorry!
Chapter 27 - Hold on..!
Chapter 28 - Where am I?
Chapter 29 - Mud
Chapter 30 - Clingy
Chapter 31- I only love you
Chapter 32 - I DIDN'T CONFESS!
Chapter 33 - Five is a Crowd
Chapter 35 - I'm Angelina Doyle
Chapter 36 - I am too...
Chapter 37 - Wrong Move
Chapter 38 - Two idiots
Chapter 39 - Starting Plan
Chapter 40 - Operation reject him
Chapter 41 - One too many rules broken
Chapter 42 - One too many chances
Chapter 43 - Memories
Chapter 44 - Remember me Cupid
Chapter 45 - Tell me what I missed
Chapter 46 - Cake
Chapter 47 - He can get drunk?!
Chapter 48 - Forgetting and Regretting
Chapter 49 - It's A Date
Chapter 50 - Returning the Favor
Chapter 51 - You Finally Did It
Chapter 52 - Don't Leave Me Like This
Chapter 53 - Open Up To Me For Once
Chapter 54 - Moving On
Chapter 55 - Toy
Chapter 56 - Issues and Breaks
Chapter 57 - I D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ Need You
Chapter 58 - If You Promise
Chapter 59 - Tickets
Chapter 60 - Fun at the fair!
~Notice~
Chapter 61 - Cupid's Love
Chapter 62 - The Day After
Chapter 63 - Aphrodite
Chapter 64 - Bad Intentions
Heyoooo!
Chapter 65 - Attempt 1: Mischief
Chapter 66 - Attempt 2: Passion
Chapter 67 - Vacation Gift
Chapter 68 - Attempt 3: Force
Chapter 69 - Tie
Chapter 70 - Surprise?
Chapter 71 - Deal
Chapter 72 - Foul Play
Chapter 73 - I Can Explain...
Chapter 74 - The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 75 - Rules, Rules, Rules!
Chapter 76 - Her
Chapter 77 - Odd Ones Out
Chapter 78 - Amusement Park
Chapter 79 - Will You
Chapter 80 - Marry Me?
Chapter 81 - Liar
Chapter 82 - Oh, Brother!
Chapter 83 - Dearest Mother
Fun Facts!
Chapter 84 - Tell Me More
Chapter 85 - Mount Olympus
Chapter 86 - I Don't Mind
Chapter 87 - I Remember You
Chapter 88 - Loose Ends
Chapter 89 - Honesty
Chapter 90 - Immortality
Chapter 91 - It Can't Be
Chapter 92 - Reatheen
Chapter 93 - Decision
Chapter 94 - On The Run
Chapter 95 - What a Day
Chapter 96 - Birthday Surprise
Invitation
Chapter 97 - The Big Day
Chapter 98 - The Reception
Chapter 99 - Honeymoon
Thank You

Chapter 34 - Who is she?!

1.2K 58 8
By IAmTheTrashCan

***DYLAN'S POV***

"Oh, some girl who was looking for you, a relative maybe?" 

My heart dropped and my anxiety rose.

I got up.

"A—a—a r—relative...? I—no, it can't be, no, no, no you must be wrong," my eyes filled with fear and I felt like I was going to pass out.

"Dylan, are you okay? Hey, you don't look so good..." Cupid walked up to me and grabbed my hand.

"Ask her who she is..." I whispered.

"Okay, but tell me if you aren't okay, alright?"

I nodded.

***

***CUPID'S POV***

I opened the door again.

"I'm going to need to know who you are and for you to state your purpose here," I said trying to sound scary, but it probably just sounded lame.

"Uh...I'm Angelina Doyle, but known as Angelina Porter, I'm Dylan's adopted sister," she explained.

"...Oh...I'll be back again..." I slammed the door.

***DYLAN'S POV***

Cupid slammed the door, walked up to me, hugged me tightly, and said nothing.

What's going on? Who is it?!

"Dylan, I know you don't want to hear this because you have a bad past with your family but it's a relative...she's your...sister, adopted sister..." he was still hugging me as a way to calm me down, but it wasn't working.

Those words pricked me like a billion pieces of shattered glass or maybe I was the shattering glass, whatever it was, it was an all too familiar painful feeling.

The sister that replaced me? The child that could give my parents the thing they wanted most? The reason I was kicked out of the house...?

I felt as though everything was not okay like the life I built away from my good-for-nothing parents became tainted with old melancholy memories.

Why is she here? Why look for me? Is she going to tell me off for being different? I don't want to feel the way I did when my parents sent me away, I don't want to be afraid of people again. Why can't they understand that I still feel pain, the only thing I can't feel is love...but I've changed, Cupid is proof of that...would they still hate me? I still can't feel love for them, but I can for Cupid. No, that would get them pissed, they would be mad that I love him but not my own family... Why was I born like this?!? Why me?

"Dylan, you know you can cry if you need to, right?" Cupid reassured me.

"Y—yeah..." I said as hot tears escaped my eyes. 

Cupid knew I was crying because he quickly pulled away from the hug and wiped away my tears.

"I'll be back, I need to speak with her real quick," he walked out the door.

***CUPID'S POV***

I walked out the door.

"I'm sorry, but can you come tomorrow or something, Dylan isn't doing so well right now..." I tried to politely tell her.

"But I have no money and nowhere to go," she worriedly explained.

"Here, there's a motel close by, this can buy you a room for about 6 nights and some food, maybe even more," I said handing her a wad of cash.

"O—okay, just tell Dylan I want to talk to him..." She looked a little disappointed and pained as she turned and walked away.

***

When I walked back into the apartment Dylan was nowhere to be seen.

I walked up the stairs towards his room and saw a note on the floor.

It read:

"Hey, Dylan or Cupid or both, basically, we noticed a bad vibe coming from downstairs so we decided to dip since we might have been interrupting something." ~ Demon boy and Melody, 6:47 pm.

It was already 7 pm meaning they must have left a while ago, the door was closed so Dylan was probably in there...hopefully he didn't go outside again.

I quietly opened the door.

Just as I expected Dylan was on his bed under his blanket quietly curled up.

I walked up to the bed, sat down next to the pile of sadness, and placed a hand on what I assumed was his back.

"Are you okay Dylan?" I asked trying to comfort him.

The only response I got from him was a weak hum.

You know what? I'm sick of him always having to deal with shit like this on his own.

I got off the bed, kneeled to his level, and then yanked the blanket away from his face.

Having done that revealed a pink-faced Dylan with teary eyes and a hitched breath.

I wiped away his tears.

"Look, Dylan, I know you don't have the best memories of your family, but I want you to know and get it through your head that she is not your family. She was adopted, she does not know much about who you really are and maybe that's why she's here, you need to stop thinking of the worst-case scenario. Judging by the disappointed and pained look she had on her face when I told her you're not feeling so good right now shows a lot about what she came here for. If she was here to tell you off, she would have probably just barged in not giving a fuck and done so, but she didn't, so stop beating yourself up over the bad things, okay?" I had looked into his eyes with a serious expression the whole time I had spoken.

As I stood up he sat up.

"You're...right, I'm sorry for being stupid and inconsiderate," he rubbed his eyes.

I sat in front of him on the bed, grabbed his hands, and moved them away from his face.

"You are not stupid or inconsiderate for being afraid of something you have every right to be afraid of," I said, hugging him tightly after.

He hugged me back.

"So, are okay talking it out with her? If not, then I can just tell her that you're not ready," I said, still holding him afraid that if I let go he'd fall apart again.

To my surprise, he dared to let go unlike me, "No, I'll talk to her, I'd feel worse if she wasted money coming here for nothing."

"Good. I'm glad you're facing your fears, also I'm sorry our date didn't go the way it was planned to go," I gave a sad smile.

He blushed, "Wh—whatever I don't really care about that," he crossed his arms in front of him.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm sure you didn't because you totally didn't think I looked attractive in this outfit," I chuckled.

"How did yo—No I didn't! Not one bit! In fact, get out of my room! You creep," he pushed me off of his bed.

"Oh come on Dylan don't deny it, unless you want me to make you admit it?" I raised one of my eyebrows and smirked.

"Get out you pervert!" He pushed me out of his room and shut the door as well as locked it.

Damn it, now I have to sleep on the couch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 4.8K 27
I'm Finn Vasco but that's not quite important right now. I'm a pretty sarcastic guy if I'm gonna be honest. I'm closed off and I literally only have...
King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

3.2M 122K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...
752K 21.8K 23
Beau HATES Oliver Fowler. But Oliver doesn't hate Beau.. quite the opposite actually. Oliver is the univeristies 'Golden Boy', adored and admired by...
49.8K 4.9K 65
"Oh no," the blond shook his head. "Oh no?" another man asked. "What's oh no?" "Will has the look," he looked at his partner in horror. "The 'we're g...