Secrets To Keep

By huff_la_puff

Harry finally tells everyone he loves about his past--with the help of his best friends of course. He also ma... More

Author's Note
A Full House
Talk To Me
Secret #2
Secret #3
The Box
Telling The Weasleys
1st Year
2nd Year
3rd Year
Luna ♡
Free Day
4th Year Part 1
4th Year Part 2
5th Year
Dinner
6th Year
Seventh Year
What's Wrong With Me?
Seventh Year Part 2
Seventh Year Part 3
Seventh Year Part 4
Seventh Year Part 5
Seventh Year Part 6
S'mores and Sunsets
Seventh Year Part 7
"I'm here for you,"
Seventh Year Part ???
Author's Note.
Extra Chapter
Seventh Year Part 9
Seventh Year Part 10
Question
Soccer and Announcements
Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests
I Passed!
HPSC 11- Albus Dumbledore
She's Strong
Seventh Year Part 12
Seventh Year Part 13
". . . Wow. Er, you look,"
Dinner
Cast I guess?(not update technically)
Seventh Year Part 14
Hippogriff Rides
Seventh Year Part 15
Seventh Year Last Part (omg)
"What's wrong with Hagrid?"
Aunt Petunia
Mr. Lovegood.
The Dreaded Speech.
The Feast
First Class
Stormy
A New Mark
Damiana
Quibbler & Letters
Hogsmeade Weekend
HEEELLLLPPPPPPP
Professor Potter?!
Quibbler Interview
Halloween
Potions and Braids
The Cat With Green Eyes
The Wandering Cat
The Howlers
Untitled Part 69
He's Dead
Christmas
Happy Birthday
End of the year
The MC Home
Round Up
The Marauder's Children's Home
Advertisement
Skye and Ellie
Owls, Interviews, and Goodbyes
Shopping
Look What I Found!
Wanna Be Friends
Daily Prophet
The Attack
St. Mungo's
Don't Leave Us
Presents for Harry
Good Bye. We'll Miss You
Ellie
Muggle Music
Diagon Alley
3 a.m. Fun
Lily Evans
Fleur and Bill
Big Brother Talk
Movie Night
Return to Hogwarts
Black Lake
Slytherin Sisters
The Life of HJP
Time Capsule
October 31st
Bullies
Authors Note
Hogsmeade
Christmas Holidays
Marry Me?
Yes, idiot
Delilah May Shultz
Skeeter
Andromeda Tonks
Christmas
School
Classes (Again)
Lily Potter
Luna's Birthday
Anniversary
VictoireWeasley
I wanna do that!
Fleur
A Series Of Birthdays
Wedding
Surprises
Year 2001-2002
Siblings
Healer Visit
It's A . . .
Christmas
.
Evil Snake
Eventful
March 18th 2002
Visiting Home
Meeting
F e e l i n g s
Goodbye Feast
Spaghetti Dinner
Summer
epilogue part 1
epilogue part 2
e x t r a

Animangus

710 31 8
By huff_la_puff

So, the picture ^^^ is Harry's animangus. I know most of the time, it's the same as their patronus, but I wanted it to be a cat, so...yeah.
----------------------------------------------

(Day after the Halloween Ball)

Ron had slept over on Harry's couch that night, while Luna and Hermione had gone back to their dorms.

Harry was in the shower, and Ron was still asleep, snoring loudly. 

KNOCK

KNOCK KNOCK

There was a frustrated sigh, and then a pause until someone told the portrait, "Rest in peace."

It swung open, and Minerva walked in, saw Ron, and sighed again. She tapped his shoulder, "Mr. Weasley!"

He rolled over, so she decided to take...drastic measures. She did hope he wouldn't hate her afterwards, but if he did, what could she do about it? "Aguamenti!"

He jumped up, spitting water out of his mouth. "What the Bloody f--"

"Yes, Mr. Weasley?"

"Hey, Professor." Ron grinned sheepishly at her gaze.

"It's Minerva, remember."

"Then, call me Ron, please."

She nodded. "Ron, where is Harry?"

"Right here!" They heard him yell. He was in ripped jeans and a loose t-shirt, but it clung to his chest as he hadn't dried off yet. "Sorry for being late, Minerva. I must not have heard you come in. I've just gotten out of the shower."

Ron looked over at him and said seriously, "Mate, I have no idea why you don't dry off with magc."

Harry shrugged. "Sometimes I forget. I was raised Muggle, Ron."

"Yeah, well, whatever you do, don't let Charlie see you like that. I think he was serious when he said you were--"

"Okay! I get it! Anyway, what are you doing here, Minerva? Fancy a biscuit?"

She shook her head amused. "No, no. I just came to inform you I have the registry you needed."

"Oh! Yes, would you mind helping with it...in the kitchen?"

Ron glanced between the two. "Uh, I'm going to find Mione. See you later Harry. Thanks for letting me stay."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just sign here, and you're done." Minerva told him.

Harry did so, and purple sparks shot from the paper, making a duplicate of the paper, but much smaller--around the size of a driver's license.

"This, you should carry around with you at all times. Especially until you're on the list of animangi, but even after, otherwise, you can get sent to a cozy cell in Azkaban if the think you're unregistered. Do you understand?" She explained.

"Yeah. I'll keep it in my sleeve, with a sticking charm." He reassured her. "It looks...great. I didn't think I'd ever have one of these. When can I see my form?"

She laughed. "Well, you'll have to help me brew a potion."

Harry's eyes went wide. "But, Im terrible at Potions! Even with Horace, I was using different instructions. I'm unteachable in that subject. Most, really, I'm only good at Defense--"

"Harry!" Minerva admonished. "You did well, considering how much other things you were dealing with. Besides, I'm sure you'll do fine. I'll help you. By the way, have you told Luna?"

"No, I was planning to do it once I got the forms. if you don't mind..."

She laughed. "Go, go tell her."

As Harry walked out his rooms with her, she could be heard saying, "Ah, young love."

----------------------------------------------------------------
"Luna!" Harry called, seeing her with a baby Thestral.

"Oh, hi Harry." She called back, turning towards the sound of Harry's pants.

"I--I have something to tell you! I--oh my god--ran all the way here. Give me a minute." After several more deep breaths, he said, "I was waiting until it was official to tell you, but I'm gonna train to be an animangus."

"That's great, Harry." She smiled.

He nodded. "I signed the registration today, and I'm brewing a potion with her, I don't really know why--"

"It shows you what your form is. So you know what to think when you try to transform into it."

"Oh, that's really interesting. Can you tell me more?"

She shrugged. "It don't know anything else. Anyway, what are you telling the students about what happened? Damiana wants to know, as do several others. You have classes again tomorrow."

Harry sighed, rubbing his neck.
"It guess, the truth? I mean, I'll just say when there's storms like that, I get scars that hat branch out from one on my chest, which I got last May."

"Are you telling the rest of the public? I know you only talk to the Quibbler, but I'd need it in your words."

"Um, can we do it now?"

Luna nodded. "I'll take my memory and put what you say in. Just say start, and then end, so I know what to put in."

Harry nodded. "Okay. Start: Regarding the questions of my sudden 'sickness' in the school several days ago, I will explain why we [we being health professionals and I] believe it has to do with a scar. I got another scar the 2nd of May, a gift from Voldemort, using the Killing Curse. Since then, each time there is a storm with lighting, I have gotten a strike of lightning that branches out from the scar; on my chest. We believe it happens then because it is shaped like lightning. As far as we know, there is no cure. Done. Okay, will that work?"

Luna grinned. "Definitely."

Harry was rubbing at his neck again. "Does it hurt?" She asked, pulling his arm away.

"Yeah, bit."

"Here, let me help." She told him.

"Luna, I don't thi-" he stopped abruptly when he felt her kiss his neck.

"Did that help?"

"I--uh, yeah. Y-yeah, it did." He felt his face heat up.

"Um, Professor, oh, sorry! Am I interrupting something?" It was Lucas O'Malley, holding a broom.

"No, Lucas. We were just petting Thestrals.'' Luna answered.

He looked at her oddly. "What's that?"

Harry answered. "They're incredibly gentle creatures."

Luna nodded. "Only those who have seen death can see them."

"People avoid the, because they're a bit,"

"Odd." They chorused, then gave each other a look Lucas didn't quite understand.

"Er, right. I was gonna see if you wanted to play some Quidditch, but it's okay." Lucas ran off.

"I think you scared him." They heard Hermione chuckled.

"Hey Hermione."

"Hi Luna, Harry." Ron and Hermione greeted, starting to pet the Thestrals too.

Ron told them how the shop was doing, before he left, hugging Ginny, Neville, Luna, and Harry, and kissing Hermione.

"You seemed to enjoy that kiss, Hermione." Ginny snickered.

Harry snorted. "You should've seen her snog Ron the other day. I went to Hagrid's, we were all meeting, and when I walked in, they were snogging, and Hagrid was making tea, looking horrified."

Ginny and Neville burst out laughing leaning against each other. 

"Shut up!" Hermione demanded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 4.1K 130
"We're friends. We're the Marauders. We stick together, remember?" "Yes, Moony. I remember." One of them was mischievous and brave and had the perfec...
106K 5.4K 30
Book Three in the Call Me Series Embry has lost the love of her life and is still struggling with the pain every passing day. And with the summer end...
264K 6.9K 18
WARNING: Triggers will not be announced beforehand, and there will be some. Read at your own risk. Harry Potter came into the Wizarding World and w...
21.6K 140 16
Ever wanted facts, one shots and headcannons on your favourite next generation Harry Potter? What they do? They're Hobbie? They're fears? They're bes...