Secrets To Keep

By huff_la_puff

Harry finally tells everyone he loves about his past--with the help of his best friends of course. He also ma... More

Author's Note
A Full House
Talk To Me
Secret #2
Secret #3
The Box
Telling The Weasleys
1st Year
2nd Year
3rd Year
Luna ♡
Free Day
4th Year Part 1
4th Year Part 2
5th Year
Dinner
6th Year
Seventh Year
What's Wrong With Me?
Seventh Year Part 2
Seventh Year Part 3
Seventh Year Part 4
Seventh Year Part 5
Seventh Year Part 6
S'mores and Sunsets
Seventh Year Part 7
"I'm here for you,"
Seventh Year Part ???
Author's Note.
Extra Chapter
Seventh Year Part 9
Seventh Year Part 10
Question
Soccer and Announcements
Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests
I Passed!
HPSC 11- Albus Dumbledore
She's Strong
Seventh Year Part 12
Seventh Year Part 13
". . . Wow. Er, you look,"
Dinner
Cast I guess?(not update technically)
Seventh Year Part 14
Hippogriff Rides
Seventh Year Part 15
Seventh Year Last Part (omg)
Aunt Petunia
Mr. Lovegood.
The Dreaded Speech.
The Feast
First Class
Stormy
A New Mark
Damiana
Quibbler & Letters
Hogsmeade Weekend
HEEELLLLPPPPPPP
Professor Potter?!
Quibbler Interview
Halloween
Animangus
Potions and Braids
The Cat With Green Eyes
The Wandering Cat
The Howlers
Untitled Part 69
He's Dead
Christmas
Happy Birthday
End of the year
The MC Home
Round Up
The Marauder's Children's Home
Advertisement
Skye and Ellie
Owls, Interviews, and Goodbyes
Shopping
Look What I Found!
Wanna Be Friends
Daily Prophet
The Attack
St. Mungo's
Don't Leave Us
Presents for Harry
Good Bye. We'll Miss You
Ellie
Muggle Music
Diagon Alley
3 a.m. Fun
Lily Evans
Fleur and Bill
Big Brother Talk
Movie Night
Return to Hogwarts
Black Lake
Slytherin Sisters
The Life of HJP
Time Capsule
October 31st
Bullies
Authors Note
Hogsmeade
Christmas Holidays
Marry Me?
Yes, idiot
Delilah May Shultz
Skeeter
Andromeda Tonks
Christmas
School
Classes (Again)
Lily Potter
Luna's Birthday
Anniversary
VictoireWeasley
I wanna do that!
Fleur
A Series Of Birthdays
Wedding
Surprises
Year 2001-2002
Siblings
Healer Visit
It's A . . .
Christmas
.
Evil Snake
Eventful
March 18th 2002
Visiting Home
Meeting
F e e l i n g s
Goodbye Feast
Spaghetti Dinner
Summer
epilogue part 1
epilogue part 2
e x t r a

"What's wrong with Hagrid?"

873 29 15
By huff_la_puff

A Few Weeks Have Passed

Harry was sitting in the sitting room, reading A Professor's Guide: Defense By: Daniel R., when the Floo flashed. He looked up, beginning his normal procedure. "What did you tell me that night you caught Mione, Ron, and I wrestling?"

She instantly replied, "Lift up your shirt."

Harry smiled, letting her through. "Hello, Minerva. Would you like some cookies? Kreacher made some today."

"Yes, thank you," She told him gratefully, looking around. The place had really changed. It was no longer black and dark, but now the walls were a bright white, with brand new furniture in most rooms, and new --both wizard and Muggle-- appliances.

He lead her to the kitchen. "Is everything alright? I thought I was coming up to Hogwarts in two days, not tonight."

"Everything's . . .well . . .it's Hagrid." She told him, a concerned look on her face.

Harry's head shot up from where he was looking at a photo. "What? What's happened?"

"I don't know, I'm sorry." She told him with a shake of her head. "All I know, is he won't come out of his hut."

"Okay..." Harry sighed, beginning to pace. "Okay, uh...can I come up tonight? I can just come a day early? Wait, I have to meet with Aunt Petunia...umm, I can just come back that day though--" He began muttering.

"That might be best. He refuses to answer." Minerva told him, following him to his --Sirius' old-- room.

There were five suitcases. Before he'd had a chance, she had already muttered, "Reducere {Reh-deh-doo-chee-a-ray}, and his suitcases were small enough for a Barbie.

He tucked them in his pockets, told her, "I'll meet you at the Floo. I need to talk to Kreacher." She nodded, leaving him in the room alone. "Kreacher," He called.

With a 'POP' Kreacher was there. "Yes, Master Harry?"

"Kreacher, I have o go to Hogwarts and get settled, help Hagrid, but then tomorrow, I'll be back around 10, my aunt and cousin are arriving around lunch time. Can you make some Muggle foods?''

"Yes, Kreacher will make food for your...family."

"Thanks, and Kreacher? Please try to relax tonight, you've benn working so hard lately."

Kreacher nodded. "Master Ron says bad things about Master Harry's Muggle family. He says they're as bad as the evil killers that killed Master Harry. Kreacher does not like them. Kreacher does not"

Harry grimaced. "yeah, well, I need to go. Bye Kreacher."

"Master."

Harry ran down the stairs, skipping several. "Minerva, is my scar problem going to be an issue, with school?"

'No, you'll do fine, I should think. You didn't hurt during the day, correct?"

"Correct. Just ached some."

She threw the powder in. "We'll figure everything out. HOGWARTS!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Harry pounded on Hagrid's door.

"I ain't comin' out!" Hagrid yelled.

"Hagrid! It's Harry! I just wanna talk!" Harry yelled through the door.

" . . . " The door slowly creaked open. Hagrid peeked out, pulling Harry in, before slamming the door again.

"Well, that was rude!" Came Minerva's muffled voice.

Hagrid sat down at the table Harry knew so well. "Dinner? Was jus' about tah make it."

"No thanks, I ate earlier, I'll make tea though," Harry said, standing up and going to the cupboards.

"Thanks, 'Arry." Hagrid sniffled, once Harry handed him a mug.

Harry nodded. "Not a problem. What's wrong? Minerva said you wouldn't answer her."

Hagrid sobbed. "I was in the Forest earlier--" He cut himself off with another flood of tears.

"How come?"

"F-Fang likes to go out sometimes, an' an', oh HARRY!"

"What? Is Fang okay?"

This seemed to make Hagrid cry harder.

Harry patted his back.

They sat in silence until Hagrid calmed himself. "Help me-help me dig a grave for 'I'm."

"Of course. Now?"

Hagrid nodded. "I know you probably want ter use magic-"

"What?" Harry asked, having been busy looking for shovels. "Oh, I figured we'd do it by hand."

Hagrid smiled. "Yeah, yeah. He liked ter dig, Fang. But those bloody spiders, since Aragog died, they've been ruthless!"

Harry nodded, beginning a hole.

''Ripped poor Fang apart. By time I got there-"

Harry did not need the details.

When they had finished, Hagrid dropped Fang in it, and they covered him inn silence.

Hagrid started crying, and Harry rubbed his arm. "Want me to say something?" Harry offered.

Hagrid nodded.

Harry smiled sadly when he spoke. "Okay, so, Fang. Hey buddy, I hope you're happy, wherever you are. I remember the first time I met you. You jumped on top of Ron, and licked us both. Then in second year, we took you into the Forest with Ron and I, you were so scared, you barely looked at us for a week. You've always been here, something normal in our crazy lives, and I speak for Ron and Hermione, when I tell you we will really miss you Fang."

"Tha' was beautiful 'Arry! Thank you." Hagrid cried.

Harry shrugged. "No problem. Want me to leav you alone now?"

Hagrid shook his head. "Nah, yer fine. I'll walk you up tah the castle."

"Thanks. Say Hagrid? Any tips for teaching?"

Hagrid laughed. "Jus' be yourself with the kids. They'll love or hate yeh. No inbetween. Do yer best, teach 'em lots, and reach out to 'em, show yeh care. Tha's all yeh've gotta do. They'll love yeh anyway. How couldn't they?"

Harry blushed. "Thanks."

"Don' mention it."

"Come help me unpack?" Harry asked once they'd reached the doors.

Hagrid shrugged. "A;right."

Harry showed him to the Gryffindor Head's quarters. "The password's Nargles," he told Hagrid. "Just in case you ever need me." He explained.

"Where'd yeh get the paintin'? Looks awfully personalized."

"Luna painted it, the crown, books, and lightning is for Ron, Hermione, and I. Then Gryffindor colors, and a quote from my Dad. I like it."

"Luna's talented." Hagrid said, admiring the paining.

"Yeah," Harry agreed, stepping through the hole.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

They had finished unpacking, and Hagrid said he was tired. "Alright, good night Hagrid."

"Night Harry, good luck tomorrow."

"Thanks."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry dressed himself for bed, in pajamas that were too small, because he didn't want to bother with enlarging them. He had just finished putting some cream on his burning chest he'd gotten from Andy, when he heard a knock. Forgetting to put his shirt on, he went to the door.

It was Minerva. "Oh, hey Minerva, I figured you'd have gone to bed."

She shook her head with a laugh. "Oh, no. Too much work. I came by to ask how Hagrid was, how your chest was. I see you've just put on the creams?"

Harry looked down. "Er, yeah. Forgot to put on a shirt. Sorry. Would you like to come in?"

She stepped through the hole.

"You're meeting with your aunt tomorrow." She clarified.

Harry nodded. 'Yeah, we're meeting at Grimmauld."

"I will need your help with preparations. School starts soon. Can you be back by two o'clock?"

''Yeah, definitely." Harry promised.

Minerva sighed with relief. "Thanks Harry, the other professors are busy. I can take a look at those lesson plans if you'd like?"

Harry handed her a mug of coffee, and then walked over to a desk. "That, would be great."

When he came back, he laid a folder down on his mahogany coffee table. "So," he started. "I was thinking for the first lesson with everyone, we could get to know each other, the rules, ask each other questions about ourselves, as well as what we know. What do you think about that?"

"Well," She nodded, "I agree it's a good plan. They'll all want to ask questions, you'll need to get to know them too. What kind of--"

So, that night they stayed up until one AM planning and talking, before they crawled into their separate beds, falling asleep.

That night, Harry had no trouble falling asleep, but he had no idea what the next year would bring...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 5.4K 30
Book Three in the Call Me Series Embry has lost the love of her life and is still struggling with the pain every passing day. And with the summer end...
251K 6.7K 57
Summary: Isadora Talia Potter never thought she would ever be loved. She was just the freak of number four with a weird freaky mark on the inside of...
322K 9.6K 72
❝ 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 (𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐝), 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 �...
127K 3K 85
WARNING: My first language is not english, i can write wrong... but If i do, you're Welcome to correct me You and your brother Harry Potter is raised...