The Alpha's Mate (under const...

By Iamagalaxypotato

◼◼ COMPLETED◼◼ ◼◼Under Editing!◼◼ ◼◼Cover made by RitaS09◼◼ ◼◼Highest rank: #93◼◼ ◼◼BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE... More

Author's Note
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Author's Note
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
UPDATE! (Please read)
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
NEW BOOK PREVIEW!
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
THANK YOU: update
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five: The End
Question: MUST READ
BONUS: Chapter One
THANK YOU: The End
SEQUEL OUT NOW
Bonus Chapter: Layla's Pregnancy
Bonus Chapter: The Wedding Part 1
Bonus Chapter: The Wedding Part 2
Welcome Back or Good-bye

Chapter One

14K 349 31
By Iamagalaxypotato

(don't forget to check out the Alpha's Daughter too !)

Layla's POV

"Do you seriously have to go to the training camp?" My best friend, Tyler, asks, rolling over on the bed. He shoves fashion magazines off the bed with a huff. I glower at him in the mirror for making a mess.

"Yeah, sadly I do," I answer for the millionth time. I'm not actually upset about going. I'm ecstatic. Beyond ecstatic, in fact. Now that I am of drinking age, it'll be a whole lot more fun than when I was just a teenager.

"I don't know why you have to always train in the summer," he says, pouting. His phone dings with a new message. He ignores it.

"Ty, we've been over this, like, a thousand times!" I exclaim, rolling my eyes at him. He sits up. He spots another magazine and shoves it off my bed, falling with a flutter on top of the rest of the pile. I don't bother to yell or glare at him this time, it never helps.

"What's a thousand and one gonna hurt?" He smirks at me.

"This is what I get for having a human for a best friend," I mutter sarcastically, loud enough for him to hear.

"This is what I get for having a werewolf for a best friend," Tyler mimics me. I give him a glance in my vanity, trying to look intimidating, but failing, as I put on some powder.

"What do you even do at these camps?" He asks, curiously.

"We just train," I say, trying to be vague. I'm not really allowed to tell him about these types of things. He wasn't even supposed to know I was a werewolf. There's a long story behind how he found out.

Let's just say, it was extremely embarrassing. I don't care as much as I did back then, but I'm glad I can look back on that time of my life with fondness and dozens of laughs and smiles.

"Girl, that doesn't answer my question," he says, threatening me with a pillow.

"Ty, you know I can't tell you," I say impatiently. "Plus, you wouldn't really understand."

"I know, but I still want to know," he pouts a little.

"Ty," I warn him, glaring.

"Layla," he says in a high pitch voice, mimicking me.

"Can't you just drop it?" I beg him, touching up my mascara.

"No," he says shrugging.

"Wrong answer, buddy," I say, lunging at him. He jumps onto the bed, pillow in front of him, smiling widely.

"OK, OK, I'm sorry, geez!" He drops his pillow, and raises his hands in surrender. Clearly, he isn't actually scared. He knows I would never do anything to hurt him. He falls back onto my bed. A blush pink comforter covers the whole queen-sized bed, complimenting my white walls. Pictures crowd my plain walls, us at the beach, at a concert, and just simply hanging out. He is really my only friend.

"Good choice," I say, my canines retracting.

"I hate when you do that," Tyler says, fake gagging.

"Shut it," I say. I turn around, my eyes softly landing on his. "You know how much this means to me, Ty."

"I know, I know. Trust me, I've heard this lecture too many times."

"That means I've had to tell you too many times." He gave me a confused look. "By that I mean, you're stupid."

"Girl," he starts. I glare at him. "No fair. I can't ever challenge you."

"Quit whining, you're distracting me. I have to get ready for camp," Tyler rolls his eyes.

"OK. I have to get home anyway, mom wants me to watch Sophie." He says, unplugging his phone from the wall. Sophie is his little sister, whom I absolutely adore. She is just the cutest, sweetest little kid ever. I think I like her more than Tyler sometimes.

"Whatever. See you in September," I say, getting a little sad.

"I'm going to miss you," he says, giving me a sad smile.

"I'll miss you too," I say, wiping away a little tear. I've been going to camp for a couple of years now, and I still cry every time I leave.

"Love you, girl," Tyler walks out my door, blowing me a kiss.

"Love you too!" I call, hearing the front door shut behind him.

Now alone, I can finally think. I love Tyler so much, but this space will be good. I lug my half-full suitcase up onto my bed so I can continue shoving various clothing items inside. I want to make a really good impression. My pack, Blood Moon, was "absorbed", in a sense. The alpha and beta of my pack were caught in some serious legal drama. Nobody stepped up to run the pack.  Unfortunately, the pack was dissolved and everyone was dispersed to different packs. 

My fingers find the paper containing all of the information about the new pack I'm joining. At the top of the page, in bold letters, is the name of my new pack; Blue Mountain. Below is the name of my alpha and beta. I note that there isn't a luna listed yet. My heartbeat quickens at that realization. My mind can't help but wander to what the new alpha is like. I shove all of those thoughts out of my head. It's almost time to leave.

---------------------------------------------------------

This is the camp?" I ask in awe. My seatbelt is unfastened before he can even park his car. My knee bounces with nerves and excitement. Meeting new people has always brought on anxiety for me, but I love the opportunities it presents. Maybe I'll finally meet my mate; I am 21 after all. 

"Yep," my dad answers, parking his car. He gets out and pulls my suitcase from the trunk. Instead of being that stereotypical dad in books, movies, etc, he hands me the suitcase and offers to carry my snacks.

For as long as I can remember, he has done this. It's been just me and my dad for as long as I can remember. My mom was killed in an accident when I was very young. Still, I can feel her brush my hair out of my eyes when I'm having a hard time falling asleep. My heart hurts for a short second. I don't have the time to grieve for my mother right now; I've had eighteen years to do just that. 

I lug my huge suitcase into the house. I keep an eye out for anyone to help because, obviously, my dad is no help at all. I take in my surroundings, eyes wide with wonder. This house is a lot more extravagant than my old packhouse. I'm just about to ask a stranger where the bunks are when I'm interrupted. 

"Need some help?" A deep voice asks from the living room, which I was standing in. I jump at the sound of the voice. Turning to the voice, I take in his presence. I can just tell he is important by the way he carries himself. 

"Um, that would be-" I start, but before I can even finish, he grabs it from hands and carries it to a spare room. I suppose this house is big enough for individual rooms. I didn't think it looked that big from outside, but I guess looks can be deceiving. 

"Thank you, uh," I look at him trying to figure out his name.

"I'm Alpha Alexander," he says, reading my mind, or my expression. His brown hair falls in front of his deep grey eyes. I almost swoon as he brushes it away, smiling at me. I bow down my head, in both honor and trying to hide the fact I'm turning a bright red.

"Thank you Alpha." He smiles at me as I raise my head. His smile sends a shock through me.

"I'll send someone up to get you for dinner, Layla," he says. I realize I didn't even give him my name.

"How did you-" he leaves the room with a wink before I can finish. He's attractive, but not enough to pull off such a rude and cocky demeanor. I finally look around my room, in awe. It's gorgeous. How can they possibly afford such a nice house? 

My dad comes through the door suddenly, making me jump.

"Sorry," he apologizes, setting my stuff down. By stuff, I mean pretty much trash considering he ate half of my snacks on the way to the camp.

"Seriously?" I ask, suppressing a laugh. I can't stay mad at him for very long.

"I apologized all ready!" He laughs, throwing his hands up. Our laughter dies down as we realize its time for him to go.

"I'm going to miss you, dad," I say quietly, hugging him tightly. This was always the hardest part. In his arms, I take in his features. Whenever he drops me off, it seems to age him many years. His smile lines and crow feet are more prominent. "Are you sure the cafe will be okay this summer without me?"

"I'll miss you, too, Layla," he says, kissing my head. His hug seems tighter than before. "We'll be okay. Don't worry yourself too much about it."

My dad bought a cafe a few years ago and I've been working there since before opening day. He thought it'd be a good investment and an ideal job for me while I'm off at camp every summer. He always tells the other employees I'm just off vacationing or visiting family all summer. He's a great dad and a really good liar.  

We pull apart, and say our good byes. Eventually, he departs and I'm left alone to unpack. I start shoving my clothes into drawers of my white dresser. Now that I'm alone, I can get a good look around my room.

The walls are a light grey, almost white, and theres a dark grey wall-to-wall carpet. My bed sheets are black and the pillows are a dark grey. I lay back on my king-sized bed, and sigh. This is going to be my home for the next few months.

Suddenly, I hear a light knock on my door. I sit up to see who it is, even though I don't really know too many people. Walking into the pack house, I saw a few people settling in, but I didn't recognize anyone. I hope I'm not the only one from my original pack. 

"Hello!" A tiny blond greets me, opening my door slightly. She's wearing a pair of basic denim shorts and a purple tank top. She pulls off the effortlessly beautiful look. I think back to when I was getting dressed this morning and cringe at my try-hard outfit; a cream-colored tennis skirt and white cropped tank top. My white platform Converse suddenly feels out of place against her black flip-flops. 

"Hi," I say, welcoming her into my room.

"I'm Angie," she says. Her grey eyes are wide with kindness as she introduces herself.

"I'm Layla," I introduce myself, sticking out my hand for her to shake. She takes it with enthusiasm. 

"I was sent by Alpha Alexander to get you for dinner." Angie says brightly, not releasing my hand. She drags me out of the room. It isn't harsh and I almost appreciate the forwardness. 

"Thank you," I say, trailing behind her. My hands prickle with sweat and I worry she'll drop my hand, disgusted. I wipe my free hand on my skirt and slowly slide my hand out of hers. She doesn't seem to notice as we enter the kitchen. 

In the kitchen, I'm greeted by several pairs of eyes watching me. Specifically, guys. The girls give me glares. This was to be expected. Of course, the new girl is going to get possible mate looks and death stares. I stand my ground and try to shove my anxiety down. 

"Hi," I greet everyone. A few look away, a couple of waves, and I get more glares. This is going wonderful. I remember my pack being a little more welcoming, but I understand. It's pretty uncommon for someone my age to join a new pack. 

"Alright everyone, let's welcome Layla Mars to our pack!" Alpha Alexander walks in, smiling a little. Everyone straightens up and a few clap. I even get a few 'hi's'. There's a small handful of girls still glaring. 

"Thank you, alpha," I say. I turn back towards everyone. "and thank you for welcoming me to your pack. I understand that this is uncommon but I'm just grateful to have a pack again. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone this summer."

Alpha Alexander looks at me, smiling. If I'm not mistaken, he looks almost proud. I grin back. 

"So who's ready for dinner?" Angie claps her hands in front of her and everyone cheers. I can feel the Alpha's heated gaze on the back of my head as I move forward to fill my plate. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey!!!! This is my first werewolf story and I'm not 100% sure on some of the stuff in that universe. I just know the basics, from what I've read in previous stories.

Thanks for the support!

Word count: 2, 217

Don't forget to favorite and comment! ❤

Love,

Galaxy Potato

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 9.5K 66
Lucille, or Lucifer as her pack mates nicknamed her, has got no time for love. Lucille is a irresponsible childish 18 year old. After desperately tr...
449K 12.9K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
201K 9.1K 26
Fourth book of Moon Godess' Series. Elpída's story. Cassian, Alpha of the Caelum, the strongest pack of the east is losing hope. He had been searchin...
808 51 12
Lia Wood. She is 17 turning 18. In her pack she is treated as lower than an omega. On her 18th birthday her brother Leo and her run away. Now a year...