Friendzoned

By mochalatte1

It was supposed to be another fun summer before we all went off to college, but of course, a new guy had to c... More

Friendzoned
1. Prologue
2. New Neighbors
3. Dinner
4. Chicken
5. Blender
6. Number
7. Goal
8. Storm
9. Movies
10. Draining
11. Harry
12. Practice
13. Like
14. Girlfriend
15. Stupid
16. Wrestling
17. Listen
18. Nice
19. Fork
20. Begging
21.Forgot
22. Backfoot
23. Very very good
24. Avatar
25. Secrets
26. Hug
27. Fix It
28. It's cream
29. Elevators
30. Doubting
31. Crazy
32. Marcel
33. Golf
34. Hold On
35. Candle
36. Vodka
37. Bold Streak
38. Dip
39. Map
40. Airport thing
41. Love you
42. Please
43. Bonding
44. Birthday boy
45. Nerja
46. Game
47. Friends
48. Guys
49. Saint Lemon
50. Initiation
51. Married
52. Good to go
53. For real
54. Alienated
55. Fans
56. Logic
57. Kids
59. Snow day
60. Stay up
61. C'mon
62. Presents
63. Talks
64. Logan
65. It's blonde
66. Flinching
67. Justin
68. My boyfriend
69. Bright side
70. Fine
71. Girls Night
72. Time flies
73. Miss you
74. Oh shit
75. Promise
76. James
77. Mary
78. Birthday girl
79. Pros
80. Whats best

58. Helping

1.4K 41 4
By mochalatte1

“I have to go Mom…y—yes we….I—yeah, mom….MOM!…no, I’m leaving I’ll see you tomorrow…yeah….yeah okay….Mom, let me go!” I chuckled as she paced the room in her towel, trying still struggling through the conversation with her mum. She didn’t really give anything away, so I wondered if they were talking about me. Considering the blush covering her face, I’d think it’s true. “Yeah, love you too…whatever…”

“What was she saying?” I asked once she hung up.

Her blush deepened, “Nothing.” She cleared her throat, “Just telling me about Nerja…the cat…she’s been staying at Logan’s while my mom and dad are at work.”

“Right.” She peeked at me from over her shoulder and I just knew she was trying to get me to ask about Logan, so I finally gave in. “So…what’s Logan like? Is he a big American football guy?” She completely lit up turning to face me.

“He not big, he’s only about your height but he’s fast. He helps me work out. Once we raced through the twelfth floor in the building, and he completely smoked me.” She frowned a little, “But he cheated, I think. Oh, and he’s kinda cocky. He knows that girls think he hot, but he’s also not arrogant, you know?

“He still really modest and nice, while still not being a push over; he speaks his mind, almost with no filter sometimes. One of the gay kids in his class has a crush on him!” She giggled. It was physically paining me to see her talk about him so dreamily, but I let it go. He’s just a friend. “Hmm, what else? He’s like a classic rich boy—he’s got all the most expensive version of stuff, but he’s still like ‘don’t fucking break that’, you know, like he’s still really protective of it even though he could just ask Ezra for a new one if he really had to.

“He’s never sad—ever. He’s the most optimistic person I know.”

“Never?” I questioned. “He doesn’t even get angry?”

She shrugged. “Yeah, but he rarely lets things get to him. He’s so chill.”

“Hmm…” was all I could really think to say.

“I’ll stop talking about him.” She mumbled, probably sensing that I’d rather not talk about what she thinks of other guys, and went to her suitcase. “Do you know what Lemon is wearing?” She said distractedly while pulling out her own outfit on the bed.

“Not a clue.”

“She’s gonna look really cute.” I nodded, not knowing what to say to that either. “Are you going to get dressed?”

I rolled my eyes, “It takes you forever, and I might as well wait until you’re halfway done to start on meself.”

“It doesn’t take me that long.” I scoffed at her, making her throw her towel in my face. When I pulled it away she was just pulling her underwear up—my underwear that I bought for her. I watched her intently as she picked a matching bra out and quickly clipped it on. She noticed me looking at her and gave me shy smile. “What?”

“I’m just looking at you.”

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” I smirked and took out my phone to do exactly that. “You’re a pain in my ass, Niall.”

“Hey, I looked that up—it’s supposed to actually hurt the first time.”

I’m glad she caught onto my subject change. “You looked it up?” She giggled. “Why?” I shrugged and she shook her head. “It has to feel better at some point, if it didn’t, people wouldn’t do it.” Narrowing my eyes at her, I tried to figure out if she was just thinking aloud, or actually considering it. But, as she’s started to do a lot lately, she changed the subject before I could get to any conclusion.

“I want to be on top next time.”

“Okay,” I nodded then said distantly, “We need more condoms.”

She went back the mirror, setting the hairdryer up. “We’ll get more on the way home.” I deflated a little—I kind of wanted to do that closet thing… “Oh, I figured out my kink.”

“Yeah? Tell me.”

“You have to figure it out.” She turned the dryer on and started blowing it over her hair. So we’re playing this kind of game, huh? Whatever—it should be easy enough. But then again it’s Hunter, so maybe not. It’s probably a talking thing; she likes talking. Maybe she has a foot fetish. Ha! That would be funny.

But really, what could it be?

——

“Hunter, c’mon!” I called up the stairs. Turning to Sean, who’d just arrived, I rolled my eyes. As soon as Lemon was through the door she ran upstairs to Hunter and I heard the door slam, and they’ve been up there for twenty minutes—probably purposefully avoiding being there when Sean walked in.

“Lemon looks cute,” I said to him.

“Not really a surprise,” He mumbled, looking around.

I heard a door open upstairs and their shoes knocking against the floor. “I just have to fix my contacts.” Hunter called down.

“Just put your glasses on…” I groaned.

“I’m not walking in there looking like a nerd.”

“Who cares?!”

“Niall, it’ll take like two seconds. Calm down.”

I frowned, and grumbled to myself, “Don’t fucking tell me to calm down.” Sean snickered at our bickering. Another two minutes later they finally started their climb down the stairs. Hunter’s eyes were a little red from messing with her contacts, but it took nothing away from how pretty she looked. I greeted her with a kiss on the cheek, our bickering forgotten, and complimented how she was definitely worth the wait.

Sean and Lemon however gave each other and awkward ‘hey’, staring at each other for a couple seconds, before looking away. It was weird to see Sean like this. Usually he was smooth and charming, kind of like Harry, but it seemed like he completely forgot who he was around Lemon. Actually, now that I think about it, he’s always been kind of weird around her. He never wanted to acknowledge that they were friends, but he still wanted to impress her while we all were together. I didn’t understand him.

“Doesn’t Lemon look pretty?” Hunter said pointedly at Sean, trying to get him to speak. Lemon turned red as we all waited for an awkward amount of time for him to respond. She couldn’t even look at him.

“Yeah, you look good,” He coughed. “Are we ready?”

“Shit, I need a purse.” Hunter said starting to go back up the stairs. I grabbed her hand though, stopping her from getting anywhere.

“No you don’t.”

“Where am I going to put my phone then? And what if they give us something?”

I groaned in exasperation. “I’ll hold your phone if you need me to.” She finally agreed and I dragged her towards the door before she could think of anything else to think she needed. We all piled into Sean’s car, Lemon sitting in the front passenger seat and Hunter and I in the back. I eyed Sean in the mirror, silently telling him to do something but he just glanced towards her as he started the car.

Hunter moved closer to me and whispered, “This is so awkward.” It was ridiculous that her whispering turned me on, but it did. I pushed it away though, telling myself to wait until later.

“Ey, Niall, you know Adam said this basically turns into a nightclub when the speeches are over.”

“How long are the speeches?” I asked.

“Supposedly until eleven…”

I groaned, “Three hours of that bullshit?” He nodded. “That’s gonna be shit.”

“I can make it fun,” Hunter whispered before kissing my ear. I smirked and put an arm around her shoulders. “We’re allowed to drink, right?” I nodded. “Sweet.”

“What are you planning?”

“Just to have fun on my last night.”

“I’ll make sure that happens, babe.” She rested her head on my shoulder and went quiet. Soft music played on the radio as we all embraced the silence. We stopped at a red light and I watched, excitedly, as Sean look a hand of the wheel. It was painful to watch him decided whether or not to do anything, but only a couple seconds later, he reached across the armrests to grip Lemon’s hand. She flinched a little since she wasn’t paying attention. Jesus Christ, just hold his hand goddamn it!

She glanced back at Hunter, like she didn’t know what to do, before looking at Sean as she laced their fingers together. Success! I took full credit for that. None of this would’ve happened if I hadn’t unintentionally forced them to be friends. This was all me.

Once we arrived at the building our college was renting, we all got out and Sean gave his keys to the valet in exchanged for a slip of paper with our number on it. He shoved his hands in his pockets after that, instead of taking Lemon’s hand again. I elbowed him, signaling for him to wrap his arm around her waist like I’d done to Hunter, but he just didn’t.

Lemon looked uncomfortable as she walked with her arms crossed, basically making it clear her walls were up. Poor Lemon. I grabbed her arm pulling her closer to me and kissed her cheek to get her to smile. When she let out a laugh, tucking hair behind her ear, I leaned away and glared at Sean, shaking my head. It was literally that easy to relax her, and he couldn’t even do that.

“You’re a pussy.” I mumbled to him. He frowned, but I paid no attention to him. It’s not my fault he’s acting like a little girl.

We followed the chatter and ended up in a big nightclub-turned-place-for-speeches area. It looked so thrown together. It gave me a feeling this was a more student run function—the main focus being the dance party, not the speeches. I spotted Eddie at a table towards the right and went to go sit with the rest of the football team.

Luckily there were four seats in a row so we all could be together without before forced to sit near the other assholes on the team. I noticed Adam had brought Snap and had to suppress my vomit. Hunter and Lemon rushed to sit in the two middle seats, leaving the chairs on the end for me and Sean.

“Hey Niall!” Snap shouted from across the table, but I pretended I couldn’t hear her. I grabbed a glass of water taking a big gulp as I glanced around the table. Everyone was staring at the four of us—but I couldn’t figure out why. Was it because Sean brought Lemon? I doubted it; it was common knowledge that Lemon was good looking…she was just kinda strange.

“Are people staring at us?” Hunter said turning towards me.

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re hot.” She blushed and held back a smile. “They’re jealous.” I looked around the table again and locked eyes with Adam, smirking at his scowl. “Adam wanted you.”

“Who’s Adam?” She said looking across the table.

“Buzz cut.”

She turned her head a little, “Oh…he needs to not wear his hair so short.” I watched her frown at him as he stared blatantly at us. “Why the fuck is he staring? It’s pissing me off.” I chuckled and turned her face back to mine.

“He thought he had you before that initiation thing. He was flirting with every fiber in him.” She rolled her eyes. “Too bad I already snagged you, yeah?”

“Yes…snag me you did.”

“Hey, did you see Sean hold Lemon’s hand?” I said quietly so only she could hear. She nodded with a big smile. “That’s a good step.”

“But look at them now,” We both peeked over at them. Sean resting his temple on his knuckled and he looked aimlessly across the table, while Lemon sat back in her chair with her arms crossed.

“He’s such a pussy.” I grumbled before tapping his shoulder. “You’re a pussy.”

“Shut the fuck up.”

“PUSSY.”

Hunter smacked me in the chest, “Stop.” I shut up, but continued to glare at Sean. Maybe he’ll loosen up once he’s had a drink…or maybe it’ll just get worse. Who knows?

——

A closing round of applause filled the room, and it was obvious that everyone was anxious for this to be over so we could party. The speeches consisted of future plans for the season and awards for seniors and shit like that. It was announced that a few tables had to be cleared before we were left with the room to ourselves and a DJ to celebrate the “success of the teams”. I wonder if they knew this was going to turn into a fuck fest.

Hunter and Lemon left to go to the bathroom, probably to do anything but actually use it, so I was left to pester Sean.

“C’mon mate…” I sighed. “You’re a right embarrassment.”

“What do you want from me!? You want me to kiss her while the damn swim coach was talking?”

I shrugged, “I wouldn’t have cared.”

“I’m not doing that.”

“You said you liked her and now you’re ignoring her. You basically brought her here for nothing then…”

He let out a breath of irritation, “Maybe I don’t fucking want to be near her! Is it a rule that I have to snog the weird fuck a brought here?! What if I want to snog Snap? Or someone else?”

“Then why didn’t you ask them?” My heart dropped when I peered behind Sean, seeing a teary eyed Lemon. I’d never seen her cry before and I could tell she wasn’t really accustomed to it. Her face was blank, unwilling to show how hurt she was, though her eyes were rimmed red and flooding.

“Sorry I cramped your style Sean.” She turned on her heel and walked away, leaving Sean to just stare after her. I was furious—he’d gotten Lemon so hooked on him that she was shedding tears and he wouldn’t even go after her and apologize. This was too dramatic to be real life.

“Real nice, Sean. Ace.” He let out a breath and looked up at the ceiling. I rolled my eyes and went to follow Lemon. I didn’t even know what I was going to say to her. At this point, I was started to regret forcing Sean to invite her because he really didn’t act like he liked her at all. I’d forced them together and ended up hurting Lemon in the end.

I walked out the exit finding her standing by the curb with her arms crossed. She hadn’t worn a coat, so she was crossing her arms to keep herself warm as the wind blew.

“Hey,” I mumbled, walking up next to her. She didn’t say anything. “You okay?” Still nothing. “He didn’t mean it—”

“Yes he did.” She snapped. “It was killing him to have me near him with all his friends around. And I knew it would be like this. This is why I stay to myself, Niall. This is why I don’t let anyone in because they only fuck me over in the end—literally in Sean’s case.”

She wiped the tears off her cheeks, “I put makeup on for this…and wore heels…I put all this fucking effort in and Hunter still had to force him to say anything to me. I actually thought he wanted to try the date thing again—that’s the shit I can’t believe. That I actually fell for that.” She shook her head and looked down the street, “I hate him.”

Poor fucking Lemon. I took a couple minutes, trying to figure out what I was going to say, and to make sure it sounded good. This isn’t the time for me to stumble over my words or say something that wouldn’t come out right. I wouldn’t be able to deal with myself if I made this any worse.

“Any guy would be lucky to have a girl like you Lemon. He’s an idiot for fucking up a good thing he could’ve had.” That’s all I had. It didn’t seem like enough, seeing as she still hadn’t looked at me.

“I’m going back to my dorm.” She started walking away.

“Wait—you can’t walk, it’s too far.”

She kept going, “Why not? I’m weird—I do weird things.”

“C’mon, Lemon, at least get a taxi.” Still, she didn’t stop so I jogged after her. I decided I’d just walk with her—Hunter could hang out with asshole Sean while I’m gone and maybe talk some sense into him.

——

Neither of us really said anything, even after we got to her dorm and had been there for a long while. We just sat on the edge of her bed, stilled dressed in our nice clothes, glancing at each other. I wanted to make her feel better somehow, but I couldn’t think of what to say. I can’t tell her that he’s just hiding his feelings, because I don’t even know what his feelings are. She also wasn’t in the mood to hear anything considering the fact that she hates Sean now.

I did try to apologize for setting this up when it obviously wasn’t meant to happen, but she didn’t really give me a response. So, we were just stuck here staring across the room.

All of a sudden though, she sniveled and I realized her crying had started up again, due to her thoughts taking over in the silence. I looked down at her, growing angrier at Sean for doing this to such a usual carefree person. She rested her head on my shoulder as she cried on me and I didn’t hesitate to put an arm around her.

“It’ll be alright Lemo.” I mumbled shifting her into my lap so I could hug her closer. “You’ll bounce back.” Again, she didn’t say anything besides making a soft sound as if to say ‘whatever’. There was more silence. I felt a little strange for holding her like this, but girls like to but cuddled when they’re upset, right? Am I even helping? Is this making her feel better? I should’ve brought Hunter with me; she would know what to—SHIT!

I shot up, hopping around the room as I tried to put my shoes on, “What time is it?!”

“Two-thirty.” My mouth fell open. TWO-THIRTY?! I’ve been here for three and a half hours?! I pulled out my phone to see if Hunter had texted me…and she definitely did…

Hunty: where are you?

Hunty: ????

Hunty: please answer Niall, Sean left and I can’t find Lemon. I don’t know anyone

Hunty: I’m sitting on the front step.

The last text was sent an hour ago. “Shit! Fuck, shit, I have to go.” How did I forget about my girlfriend?! I looked up at Lemon. She didn’t seem like she wanted me to leave, and honestly I didn’t want to leave her either…but Hunter… “You want to come to my house?” She shook her head. “I think you should…”

“No, it’s okay.” She fell over so she was lying on her side.

“You’ll be okay, right?” I asked as I rushed to the door. “I mean like…you’re not gonna—”

“I’m fine, Niall. Jesus.”

I sighed, “Okay…see ya Lemon.”

——

She’s so mad—I know it. That’s all I could think during the taxi ride back home. That and the fact that I have to tell her I was with another girl all night. I put my face in my hands. How could I have forgotten my girlfriend? What type of shit is that? What happened at the party while I was gone? Why did Sean just leave her?! Wait, I can’t pin this on Sean; I left her too.

The taxi pulled up outside of my house and the first thing I saw was Hunter in her green dress sitting on the step with her arms folded on her knees and her head down. Is she crying? Did I make her cry?

“There’s a girl on yer stoop.” The taxi driver said. I ignored him, paying the fair before cautiously walking towards her. I heard the taxi drive away and wondered why Hunter hadn’t looked up yet—if I heard it, she did too. Maybe she knows it’s me and doesn’t want to look at me.

“Hunter…” She still didn’t look up…or move. “Babe?” I put a hand on her bare legs, feeling just how cold she was without her dress being long all the way around. “Hunter,” rubbing my hand on her knee I tried to coax her to look at me, but she still didn’t move.

Panic was starting to set in as I unfolded her arms, sat her up and shook her. “Hunter! Hunter!” I half shouted. Her eyes blinked open, making it obvious that she was just sleeping. She looked at me confused for a second before a blank expression took over.

“I’m so cold.” She whispered sleepily.

“Let’s get inside then.” I helped her up and led her towards the door. I held it open for her as she stumbled over her own feet. She didn’t go towards the stairs, instead going to the basement door. I assumed she was telling me she wanted to sleep in the blue window room again tonight. Like a lost puppy, I followed her, not wanting her to think I was abandoning her again.

She walked slowly down to the basement, kicking her shoes off as she did so. I wanted so badly to know what she was thinking. All night I’d been trying to read people’s mind—and I’m honestly sick of it. I’d rather have her yelling at me than this silent treatment. Once she made it to the room and quickly undressed and put on a random t-shirt off the floor from a night ago.

“Hunter…” I finally said. “I’m sorry.”

“I know; it’s okay.” She mumbled, taking the pins out of her hair.

“Sean upset Lemon and I walked her home…I didn’t realize how late it got.” I explained.

“I believe you.” She believes me. Why wasn’t that calming me down?

“Are you made at me?”

She sighed and turned towards me, “You could’ve told me you were going with her. I was alone with a room full of people I didn’t know. And that bitch Snap only—”

“Snap? What did Snap do?”

“Nothing she was just…she was trying to convince me that you’ve cheated on me with a lot of the girls there and that I was wasting my time with you.”

My eyes widened as I frantically shook my head, “No, no that’s not true, Hunter. I didn’t cheat! I would never do that to you! You know I…you know how I feel about you. Don’t listen to—”

“I knew she was lying, Niall.” She reached up behind her shirt, unclipping her bra before dropping on the floor. “I didn’t believe her. I told her to fuck off and I got a taxi here.” I gripped at my hair. I should’ve stayed with her. “I’m not mad; I just wish you would’ve told me where you were so I didn’t worry. You just disappeared.”

“I’m so sorry.” I said. And I said it over and over because there was nothing else I could think of. “This is our last night and I just abandoned you…” She walked towards me and stood on her toes to hug my neck.

“It’s okay, Niall. I understand. Don’t beat yourself up about it.” But I was beating myself up about it. The last night we were together over the summer, we spent every moment of that entire week together, but now she’s here in my house, and our time was constantly interrupted by school and soccer—and on our last night together I left her in a room full of people she didn’t know, and to get harassed by Snap.

This is why it confuses me that she loves me. I do stupid shit like this—as well with the overbearing jealous shit—but she’s still here. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe she’s just settling and waiting to find something better—someone that won’t get possessive just because she wants to hang out with her friends. Maybe—

She took my face in her hands, “Niall, it’s okay.”

“No it’s not.” I tried to look away from her but she turned my face back to hers, kissing me gently.

“Do you want me to be mad at you?” I shook my head. “But I’m not and you’re still upset.” She poked her fingers in my cheeks, and pushing the corners of my mouth up in attempt to make me smile. “Give me a smile.” She pouted.

“No.”

“C’mon.” I shook my head though I actually was fighting off a grin now. “You looked really hot tonight. I told you I liked the suit and tie thing right?” The smile finally broke over my face as I nodded. “Well, you look really good.”

“You looked good too.”

She thanked me then stepped away to sit on the bed. “You should probably change though. You can’t sleep in your suit.”

I agreed, pushing my jacket off and discarding it on the floor before stating to unfasten the buttons of my collared shirt. “Your hair looked pretty tonight.” I mumbled, letting my shirt fall to the floor. When I started undoing my belt I noticed the way she watched my every move, and suddenly I was rushing to get undressed.

“Um…Niall can we just cuddle tonight…?” I froze with my pants around my anklesNo sex? On the last night? Pushing away my insignificant amount disappointment, I nodded and picked up a pair of basketball shorts to pull on. “Is that okay?”

“Of course it is.” I said sincerely. “D’ya take your contacts out?”

“Yeah.” She lied down on her side before holding a hand out, “Hug.” I gravitated towards her and took my place next to her, wrapping an arm around her waist and playing with the back of her t-shirt. “Don’t feel bad about tonight Niall. I know you were helping your friend. Besides, I had fun some fun meeting your team.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah, remember when the one sitting neck to you choked on his water? That was funny…and the guy across from us got stuff all over his shirt.”

I rolled my eyes, “I wouldn’t call that fun.”

“It was entertaining.” She giggled, “It was such a pissing contest.”

“As per…”

“I don’t think Adam likes us.”

I snorted, “I don’t like him.”

“Same.” I moved my hand up, cupping her face and brushed my thumb over the eyelashes. “Guess what.” She yawned.

“What?”

“It’s supposed to snow tonight in New York—like blizzard.”

“Um…yay?”

“Yes yay—that means flights will get messed up…and I might get to stay for another day.” My mouth fell open. YES! This explains why she was so calm about tonight getting ruined—we still can make up for it tomorrow. “And my classes will get canceled so I won’t miss anything. How good is that?”

“Good?!” I shouted through a chuckle. “It’s better than good! It’s great, and I don’t have class tomorrow—” I moved on top of her, kissing at her collarbones. “It better snow seven feet so you can stay for weeks.”

She laughed and hugged me to her chest, “Let’s hope.”

“I will. I’ll hope really hard.” I was embarrassingly giddy with excitement. It’s only one more day, but it’s a day without classes so we could basically just lay here for over twenty-four hours if we wanted. “What should we do tomorrow?”

“Hmm…take me to play golf.”

I was surprised, “Don’t you hate golf?”

“I don’t hate it. I’m just bad at it.”

“That’s really what you want to do all day?”

“Maybe not all day…”

“What else do you have in mind?”

She smirked, “Take a guess.” I laughed and moved my hands to the back of her head to tangle in her hair.

“The pain in the ass thing?”

“Um…” She paused to think, “Yeah, no. I don’t want that. Wrong whole.”

Wrong hole!” I cackled. “Oh god.”

“I want to see Theo too.”

“We can do that.” I yawned, “Remember when we saw Ellie Goulding?”

She gasped, “Absolutely without a doubt best moment of my life. She was so nice…and she recognized us! I put the picture of us as my background for everything—like it’s my twitter picture, my Facebook picture, my Facebook cover photo, my iChat picture, the background on my computer…everything.” I smiled as she rambled on. Her obsession was ridiculously unhealthy, but cute at the same time.

“I’ll have to like the Facebook ones tomorrow.” I grinned, “Remember when we became friends on Facebook over the summer and I went through and liked all your pictures?”

She rolled her eyes, “Yeah, and I barely knew you…I thought you were a creep.” I only laughed in response. “Lemon and Sean liked them—and seventy other people! I’ve never gotten that many likes before.”

“Don’t flatter yourself. They only liked it as congratulations to the guy standing with two hot girls.”

“Whoa, whoa, are you trying to steal Ellie from me? I had her first, back off.” She snapped playfully. “And you already have a girlfriend.”

“You’re right—I guess I’ll stick with my fangirl girlfriend.”

“And she can split her time between you and Ellie. It’s all works out so perfectly.”

“So perfectly.” I mocked. My jokey mood faded though, “I don’t think it was a good idea for us to force Sean and Lemon together. I just don’t think they’re gonna work out.”

She frowned and pouted, “She likes him.”

“I thought Sean liked her too…but he doesn’t like being seen with her. He’s too caught up in what everyone else will think.”

“He is a pussy…” She mumbled making me laugh.

I lifted my head to look at her, “It was worth a try though…”

“Yeah, that’s true. Maybe he needs more time.”

“Maybe.”

A smile suddenly lit up her face, “Remember when you used to say that to be all mysterious? That was so annoying.”

“Louis did tell me it would drive you crazy.”

“Of course Louis told you that.” She rolled her eyes, “I miss that idiot…and Chip too.”

“Do they visit often?”

“They try to whenever they have time. Soccer takes up a lot of their breaks, but they still make it home for a day or two. Sometimes one of them comes on the weekends.”

“Do you see Eleanor a lot?”

She nodded, “We Skype sometimes.”

“Does she give you girl advice and stuff?” She shrugged. “Hunter, I like when we talk at night; even when I’m tired and you just won’t shut up.” I watched a shy smile break over her face, and I would bet that she was blushing.

“Yeah, I like it too…but I think we should go to sleep now.” I nodded and shifted off her to lie on my stomach, my arm still across her. We faded into silence, but once I started to drift to sleep, she spoke up again. “Niall?”

“Mm.”

“Will you play a song for me tomorrow?”

I opened my eyes and stared at her, hesitating for a bit. “Sure.”

“I know it’s like, really overly romantic and cheesy but—”

“I’ll play a song for you.”

She sighed and moved forward to kiss my nose, “Cool.”

“Sleep.”

“Okay.” There was a silence before she said, “Goodnight.”

“Night night, wench.”

She giggled but didn’t say anything else after that. Before I fell asleep I was preoccupied with thoughts asking why she loved me, but then I realized that it was stupid of me to stress over something like that. She loved me because we were more than just boyfriend and girlfriend—we were best friends that would be there to listen, no matter how stupid we thought we sounded. It felt like years since she said that to me, but it still applied. It was dumb of me to question her reasons when she’d showed that she would deal with my bullshit almost every day.

And I love her for it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 5.1K 44
Lalisa Manoban is a new student came from thailand, what will she do if she finds out that the school has a lot of gang member. Will she survive or w...
557K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
291K 4.1K 31
One Night. Two Strangers. Also, please go read my new fanfic - It's called 'The City' and it would mean a lot. It's only new, but if you like this...
48.7K 999 13
Charlie has a rough life, she has no friends and no support at home. Before all this happened she had one friend, she was more like a sister, her nam...