Friendzoned

De mochalatte1

It was supposed to be another fun summer before we all went off to college, but of course, a new guy had to c... Mais

Friendzoned
1. Prologue
2. New Neighbors
3. Dinner
4. Chicken
5. Blender
6. Number
8. Storm
9. Movies
10. Draining
11. Harry
12. Practice
13. Like
14. Girlfriend
15. Stupid
16. Wrestling
17. Listen
18. Nice
19. Fork
20. Begging
21.Forgot
22. Backfoot
23. Very very good
24. Avatar
25. Secrets
26. Hug
27. Fix It
28. It's cream
29. Elevators
30. Doubting
31. Crazy
32. Marcel
33. Golf
34. Hold On
35. Candle
36. Vodka
37. Bold Streak
38. Dip
39. Map
40. Airport thing
41. Love you
42. Please
43. Bonding
44. Birthday boy
45. Nerja
46. Game
47. Friends
48. Guys
49. Saint Lemon
50. Initiation
51. Married
52. Good to go
53. For real
54. Alienated
55. Fans
56. Logic
57. Kids
58. Helping
59. Snow day
60. Stay up
61. C'mon
62. Presents
63. Talks
64. Logan
65. It's blonde
66. Flinching
67. Justin
68. My boyfriend
69. Bright side
70. Fine
71. Girls Night
72. Time flies
73. Miss you
74. Oh shit
75. Promise
76. James
77. Mary
78. Birthday girl
79. Pros
80. Whats best

7. Goal

1.6K 68 8
De mochalatte1

Final game of the tournament and it was no surprise that it was Louis and Chip against Niall and Liam. Louis looked like he was in his element, just having fun on the beach, and to my surprise Chip did too. He actually looked like he was having fun instead of getting over competitive, as he usually does. The two of them would chest bump when they scored, then once they won the whole match, they would take a lap, high-fiving everyone. I thought it was cute though; it kind of got me thinking about the girls’ tournament coming up in a couple weeks. But then again those are always about just watching a bunch of girls bounce around in tiny bikinis.

The sun was just an inch from being fully set, and the whole beach was starting to turn orange and red. Even as the night approached though, the crowd seemed to triple in size now that we’re in the finals. It seemed like everyone was split equally on who they wanted to win though.

The ref, some weird guy that works in the store next to Emilio’s, flipped a coin and Louis called which side he wanted as it fell in the sand. From where I was seated on the side of the court, I couldn’t hear what he said, but it looked like he’d decided to let Niall and Liam start off. They shook hands then took their places. I was on Louis and Chip’s side, towards the serving line and a couple people, but still Niall managed to make eye contact with me.

He winked at me and I mouthed, “You’re going down.” A smirk spread over his face as he shook his head, right before Liam served the ball.

“He’s so fit. I’d do anything he asked me to, if you know what I mean.” I looked to the right, seeing a group of girls drooling over Niall and Liam as they spoke about him. I’ve seen them around before, they’re all butt-buddies, and they gossip like they’re getting paid for it. Turning back to the game just as Louis and Chip scored, I continued to listen to them.

“We’ve got a better chance with Liam though, he actually gets with girls.”

“What are you saying? Niall’s gay?” I had to stifle a laugh at that.

“No, I’m just saying he’s picky.” Very untrue. “The only girl that’s hooked up with him more than once is Eileen…but she hooks up with everyone.”

“Maybe they’re dating.”

“I think he thinks he’s too good for everyone. He’s probably so cocky and an asshole.”

They all ‘mhm’ed in agreement. “Yeah, he’s probably the kind of guy that knows he’s hot, yaknow?”

“Probably hasn’t hooked up with many girls because he’s afraid they’ll stop hanging around him if he gives them what they want.”

I was growing more and more annoyed with every assumption they threw out. They were all wrong, and it drove me insane. Niall does not think he’s too good for the girls here. He hasn’t hooked up with many of them because he doesn’t like most of them, even when he’s wasted—there’s also the fact that he says Eileen cockblocks him. And Niall definitely, sure as hell, doesn’t know he’s hot. He’s completely confused by the fact that girls cling to him.

I wish people would stop trying to read his exterior instead of just talking to him. It not like he’s intimidating at all. This exactly how rumors spread.

Anyway, Louis and Chip were now beating Niall and Liam, two to one, in a best of five. I pulled my knees up, resting my chin on them as I watched the boys smack the ball around. I’m glad I listened to Mom and wore one of Louis’ big sweatshirts, because it was chilly. The temperature didn’t seem to bother the boys though, they were all sweating, to the point that their hair was sticking to their foreheads and necks.

Louis served the ball up, sending it right to Niall who tapped it up for Liam. He wasted no time in spiking it to the ground, his arm and chest muscles flexing, making the crowd so crazy. I clapped happily for him. It was all tied up now; only one set left.

Liam served, sending it to Chip who slapped it to the far side of the court. Niall had to sprint and dive to save it, causing half the crowed to suck in a nervous gasp. He was successful though, passing the ball perfectly to Liam so he could gently, just barely, tap it over the net. Niall ran up behind him jumping on his back as they cheered. Louis and Chip weren’t even upset they lost; they even went over congratulate them. Within seconds the whole crowd was on the court just making noise.

I stood up from my towel and looked around for my parents, but they were nowhere to be found. I did see Louis though. “Lou!” He whipped around before jogging over to me, shirt in hand.

“How fun was that?!” Excitement still laced his voice, clearly still running high on the adrenaline. “You have to do the girls’ one. Redeem the family name since those two beat us.” He laughed.

“It was a close game though.”

“Yeah,” he shrugged. “What are you doing tonight?” His blue t-shirt was pulled over his head as he spoke.

“Niall invited me over.”

“Oh, is he having people over?”

I shook my head, “Not that I know of. I think it’s just us.” He gave me his signature look, letting out a heavy breath. It was the ‘older brother’ look. “Relax.”

“Chip and I are friends with the kid, but if he does something to you we’ll make his legs bend the other way. See how good he is at sports then…” I rolled my eyes. “I’m serious.”

“I know, but that’s not necessary.”

He hooked his hand on my back of my head as he pressed a kiss to my forehead. “Have fun…but be good, Hunter.” He said earnestly, looking me in the eye.

“Wait, where are you going?”

“After party with Chip…in the city.”

“Oh, have fun.” He kissed me on the forehead again before running off to follow the dispersing crowd. I pulled my phone out to see I had a text from my mom.

Mom: Goodnight sweetheart!

Well then.

“Hunter!” I looked up to see Niall running towards me—like charging towards me. I put a hand up trying to hold him back, but it did little to stop him. He engulfed me in in his sweaty arms with enough force to almost knock us both over. My arms were at my sides as he squeezed me, his chin resting on my shoulder. Oh god…

“Congrats on the win.” I grunted. He released me, pulling back with a big smile.

“Tell me you’re doing the girls’ one.” I playfully shoved his shoulder.

“Why? So you can watch me get all sweaty in a bikini?”

“Well didn’t you come to this so you could see me all sweaty?”

I blushed, but thank goodness it was getting dark so he couldn’t see. “I think you have me confused with your groupies.”

He took the snapback off his head to mess with his hair before putting it back on. “I have groupies?” See what I mean?

“You know the ones…”

“I don’t know what you’re saying.” He said shaking his head. “Let’s go.”

——

“Um…don’t mind the suitcases. They’re my mum’s.” I hadn’t even noticed them before he said anything, but there was two suitcases lined up on the side of the front door. I nodded, not knowing what to say, before he led me into the kitchen. “Thirsty?”

“Yeah, I’ll have water.” He turned around, opening the refrigerator and pulling out a large pitcher. I watched the muscles in his shoulders move under his tanned skin as he reached for two glassed in the cabinet. Secretly, I labeled the tank top he was wearing as one of my favorites of his.

“Niall?” Maura called from upstairs.

“Whaa?” He responded.

“Are ya home?”

He turned around handing me a glass as he rolled his eyes, “No, I’m talkin’ to her from the beach.” His hushed tone made it clear that his comment was meant only for me—which is definitely something I’d do. “Yeah, I’m home.”  She came down the stairs, appearing in the kitchen in pajamas and curlers in her hair. Once she saw me, a horrified look crossed her face.

“Niall!” She shrieked.

“What?!!”

“Oh my goodness, you could’ve said Hunter was ‘ere! Do you see me in my pajamas?!”

“She doesn’t care Mum!”

“That’s not the point, Niall Horan.”

“Mum, are you kinddin’? If anything she’s uncomfortable ‘cause your yellin’ at me.”

Maura looked at me apologetically, “I’m sorry he’s being so rude Hunter.”

“I’m not bein’ rude!” She put a hand up to silence him. I wasn’t really sure what to say to her, so I just told it was okay and that I walk around in my pajamas all the time. She smiled, but still seemed less than happy that I’d seen her in her night clothes. A lot of moms are like that; they think they have to look presentable 24/7, but I on the other hand, think you should be considered lucky if I put on long pants.

I felt Niall’s hand wrap around my wrist and pull me out of the kitchen. “We’re goin’ downstairs.” He mumbled. Once we’d made into the basement he closed the door behind him, leaning against it and sighing. “Sorry ‘bout that…” I don’t know why, but it always seemed like Niall’s accent got stronger when he was in his own house, or talking to his family. It was like he could suppresses it a little when he wanted to.

“It’s fine.”

“I um…I realized that the other times you came over we just sat in my kitchen…so I thought we’d come down here this time.” I’ve only been here two other times, and it lasted about five minutes. It was just too awkward…

I looked around, at the large TV and game consuls, the games laying everywhere, and a large plushy couch resting against the wall. It was smaller than my basement, but I liked this better; it was like another living room. I flopped onto the couch, then looked up at him, not knowing what to do next. “Want to…play…somethin’?” He gestured to the games next to the TV and on the floor.

“Sure.”

“You know how to play FIFA?”

I rolled my eyes, “Do you know who my brothers are?”

“Fair enough.” He chuckled as he set the game up. I noted how tan he’s gotten; he used to be paper white but, just as I guessed, he’s got a nice tan going on now. His face was a bit sun burnt though. That sucks. I slid onto the floor, grabbing a pillow to put under my chest as I lay on my stomach. He handed me a controller before sitting next to me.

I heard him snickering as the game started. “You talking shit Horan?”

“I didn’t say anything.” He said smugly. “I’m just laughing because you’re gonna get your ass kicked.”

“Oh really?!” I laughed.

“Yeah, really.”

And that’s when it started.

Niall was the loudest he ever was—when it’s just the two of us. We both were screaming at each other and would pretend to be pissed off when we lost. He made weird noises when he was playing, like he was actually at the game, and he would bump his shoulder against mine, thinking it would mess me up.

“GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLL!” He shouted as he scored. I rolled my eyes and shook my head before getting back into the game. We were tied, and I definitely will not be losing. I walked on my knees closer to the TV, hoping to block the signal of his controller. “Cheater!”

I giggled as I stood up, completely blocking the TV. I clicked away at my controller, sending my players towards the goal. Suddenly I was pulled back by my sweatshirt, making me squeal and reach out to hold onto the TV set. His hands tugged on my hips and I fell back into his chest. In a fit of giggles I tried to scramble away from him and grab my controller that I’d dropped in the struggle.

“Where ya goin’?” He laughed as he reached for his controller, but I smacked it away before he got his fingers on it. While he was gawking at me, I took my chance and grabbed my own controller, winning the game in seconds. Because I’m a winner.

“Ha! Who got their ass kicked now?”

“You’re a little cheater.” He growled with a fake frown.

I laughed, “Don’t be a sore loser.” He pushed me over and I toppled on my side in a fit of giggles. He stood to his feet rolling his eyes at me.

“I’ll be right back.” I watched him walk away, so I was left lying on his basement carpet alone. Looking up at the ceiling, I couldn’t help but think about how relaxed we’d gotten. Finally after three weeks, we’ve become comfortable around each other, enough to play wrestle on the floor apparently.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, but when I saw it was Greg, I stood up because it probably would’ve been weird to stay on the floor as I talked to him. “Hey.” He greeted.

“Hi.”

“Where’s—”

“I’m ‘ere. What is it?” Has he always had a lisp?

Greg laughed loudly, “You always look so cool with your retainer in.” Niall glanced at me before punching Greg in the arm. He muttered something about Greg giving him a break for once, before he leaned against the wall by the door. “I just came down to tell you I’m going to take Mum to the airport.”

“It’s already ten-thirty?”

“Yeah, I guess you wouldn’t know, being too busy shoutin’ to look at a clock.” Niall punched him again. “Alright, jeez. I’ll be back in a bit.” He glanced at me then back to Niall. “Be good.” Greg waved goodbye to me before heading back up the stairs.

“Bye Nialler!” Maura called down the stairs.

“Bye Mum.”

Neither of us moved. We just stood where we were, even after the front door opened and closed as his family left. We were completely alone in his house and neither of us has moved or spoke. This wasn’t our normal silence though; it felt different somehow. I didn’t feel uncomfortable as he looked me up and down before staring into my eyes again. And he didn’t blush when I did the same to him. It’s like my discomfort to being looked at has disappeared.

A long time passed before he reached across the threshold, quietly closing the door. I don’t know why that made my heart speed up. The energy in the room changed and I was suddenly hot and sweating. His tongue ran over his lips before he took a step towards me. I didn’t take a step back; I even stopped breathing for a second. Another step, and another. His pace picked up and it felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest.

But I wasn’t trying to keep him away like I did on the beach. I wanted him to come closer—it felt like I needed it. Holy fucking shit. This is Niall I’m talking about!

He reached down quickly, gathering my thighs as I jumped and wrapped my legs around his waist. Before I could even think about why I jumped into him like that, his lips smashed into mine. My back pressed against the wall, and I gasped at the cold surface through my thin sweatshirt. Niall took advantage of that and slipped his tongue into my mouth, letting it roam around every inch. I sighed, and accidently moaned while I did it, as I gripped his hair and held his face to mine.

I kissed him back, without any hesitation. It was strange feeling the metal and plastic of his retainer, but I got over it quickly as he deepened the kiss. My legs tightened around his waist and my arms wound around his neck, pulling him even closer. I felt a familiar tingle rising inside of me and it made me want him even more. His hands squeezed at my backside before he brought one up to press into the wall.

He pulled away, ghosting his lips across my jaw and leaving wet kisses down my neck. Letting out another moan, my hips involuntarily grinded into his, making him breathe shakily against me. He got my hint though, and pressed me harder against the wall and he rubbed himself against me. Even that little bit of fiction made me tremble and lean my head back against the wall. Niall nibbled over the exposed skin, making me moan more than I really wanted to.

Ugh, the retainer is cold…

“Niall…” I breathed. He froze, popping his head up and looking at me nervously, as if I was going to tell him to stop. “Can you um… take your retainer out? It’s um—” His mouth twisted up as he slack his jaw to the side. I could tell he was trying to…unhook it or whatever without using his hands. It was kind of gross though when he did bring his hand up and pull the thing out of his mouth, slurping loudly to keep spit from dripping all over us.

“Better?” I nodded, but the heat from before was dying down. I was coming to my senses, and starting to second guess what was going on. Did he ask me over just to get in my pants? No, Niall isn’t like that. But am I like that? Would I hook up with one of my friends like this? I mean I neverhave. What’s going to happen tomorrow? Do I…do I like Niall this much to go all the way with him? Do I even like Niall that way? But then again, when was the last time I liked anyone? What about Eileen?!

Shit, I’m thinking too much. That always ruins everything.

“What’s wrong?” My feet dropped to the floor and looked away from him. “Hey,” He said quietly, trying to get me to look at him. “You’re okay. I’m not—I won’t…”

“I’m on my period, I can’t do anything.” I blurted.

He frowned, shaking his head, “We’re just snogging…” His body was still pressed against mine with his hands now planted on either side of my head. It felt like he was caging me in so I wouldn’t run away. “We don’t have to do anything else.” I opened my mouth to say something, but just ended up closing it again. “Hunter, what is it?”

I shook my head, “I—I should go…home.”

“What, no. Stay…” He gushed, sounding hurt.

“I—I have to be up early and it’s getting late. I really should…” His face dropped with each word, and it just made me feel worse than I already did. “Niall, it’s not like—I just—”

“I get it.” He mumbled stepping away from me. “See you around then.” I didn’t know what to say. What can I say? I can’t just say never mind then go back to making out with him…even though that’s kind of what I want…I think. He makes me so confused. We finally start talking to each other like normal people and then this happens.

“Goodnight, Niall.” I whispered before gathering my flip-flops and basically running away from him. My feet tingled against the wet grass growing between our houses. Regret filled me the further from his house I got. I could still see the top of his head in the basement window and I wondered what he was thinking. He probably thinks I’m a shit person, a tease—and that I wasn’t worth taking his retainer out for.

I really fucked that up. Nice going, Hunter.

“What’s wrong with you?” Dad said from the counter as I walked into the kitchen. He said it like I’m supposed to be happy all the time—like I’m wrong to not be smiling.

“Nothing.” I mumbled as I kept walking towards the stairs.

“Where are you coming from?”

“Nowhere.”

“Get back here!” He exploded. “Don’t speak to me when you’re walking away.” I threw my head back, letting out a loud breath, just so he could hear how I wasn’t in the mood for him right now. After turning on my heels, I gave him a big, obviously fake, smile.

“Goodnight Daddy.”

He wasn’t amused but honestly, I don’t care. He’ll just have to deal with it.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2.9M 57.5K 99
(Kind of Niall/ Luke book, but only a little lol) Good grades, full scholarship, rich lifestyle, what more could you ask for? Sex, alcohol, frat pa...
172K 3K 53
Being set up with someone from your dads work can be weird, but things can be different once you get to know them.
163K 5.4K 16
[Book 2 of the MY GIRL Trilogy] Harry and Thea return to Holmes Chapel after a storm destroyed their treehouse. When they meet again this time, Harry...
3.2M 45.4K 69
When you bump into someone and make history with them, Your meant to be all along. This is a story of an ordinary girl who eventually falls in love w...