In Darkness and In Light

By newbiegac2015

*Sequel to Splintered Hearts* ********** "Bro where you going now?" Aaron asked standing up as well. "Home." ... More

Time is ticking
I'll Dream of her.
Memories that linger.
Wait what?
I want answers
State lines.
Second chance.
This is important.
Croc hightop
*Devastating blow.*
*Light at a dark time*
*Together.*
Rock and a hard place
His first true love
The unknown trip
Step back in time.
No time limits for this.
Back to work!
And now they know..
Holding onto hope
The meaning of things.
Night messenger
It starts somewhere
I've loved and I lost
Best served cold
When Love bites
OVERLOAD!
In the morning
Realization hits hard.
Possession.
Luster and love
Three's the charm... Right?
Dreams and memories
Settling a score
It's a family thing.
Cooking up a storm
Internal stubborn
A sea of wonders
*The Hand that Bites.*
Winchester.
On the Road again.
Whirlwind
* Sins *[m]
All of him
Impulse
Shock to the system.
Lose him on the truth or keep him on a lie.
Lose control and build on trust
Learning about him.
This was a test.
Ice palace melting
Amor numquam moritur 🖤
Coral
Cottage attack
Making those memories. [m]
That's a new experience * [m]
Family isn't always blood.
Lone wolf
Second step on the board
Robyn's resistance.
The cat is out the bag.
Mystery sender.
Closing in
Planning together
Exotic fruit and Hell
I. See. You
Always kiss me
Bacon,bacon
Run Robyn
Pride of lions.
Firing line
If beauty were time. * 💘
Fruit of life.
On her hands
Silence is a sound.
Player 2 has entered the game.
** Dramatisation and a Realisation** M Rated
Too close for comfort
In sickness
Development
Love of a psychopath
*Baby steps
The wanderer
Cotton headed ninny muggins
Christmas isn't just about presents.
Simulation and nightmares
Breaking the rules.
New adventure
Final twist of Fate.
This is us now.

All I Have

1.4K 46 7
By newbiegac2015

"Yo dawg this is some sweet digs!" Bacon yelled from another room in the rental. I looked around at the large spacious and bright lounge, he wasn't wrong. Zak had thrown caution to the wind and had taken us out of San Diego placing us in what I could only describe was the country side.

I sighed looking at the patchwork quilt fields with the odd black smudge in the distance of livestock. It was peaceful, calming..

But then I thought that at the aquarium.

Bacon was right but the excitement of this place was tainted. We were running and I had just set off a domino letting the effect hit down the others but none of us knew where it would stop.

"Roo?" Zak whispered stepping into the lounge and coming over to where I was stood by the bifold doors.

"I've screwed up... I've really messed this up Zak."

"How? By reacting?"

"Yeah, now he knows we are on to him. I couldn't play it cool, I just went in for an attack." I stressed.

I found him with a small smile playing on his lips, narrowing my eyes suspiciously he cracked.

"You know why?" He asked quietly.

"Because I'm a freakin' idiot!"

"No... Because you're turning into a Lioness. And it's an incredible turn on. My lioness and cub." He smiled placing his hand on my tummy.

"No fucking way!" Bacon shouted seeing us.

My face fell, yet again we'd slipped up. I had slipped up..

"Bro?! Yo- Robyn?! For real?!" He asked rushing over.

"Surprise?" I guessed.

The crushing hug was unexpected as Bacon almost knocked me down. "Holy shit! This is- a baby?!"

"No, she's having a penguin, of course a baby bro!" Zak laughed.

"Bacon you're kinda crushing-"

"Oh god! Yeah sorry, sorry." He laughed stepped back. "Why didn't you both tell me?"

I shifted uncomfortably looking towards Zak. "Because we've only just found out ourselves. After last time...."

Bacon clicked instantly "Oh, yeah man I totally get it. What's your mom said?" He asked looking between us.

"She doesn't know. It's only you and Billy." I replied.

"Billy? How does he know?"

I looked down "He uh- he was there when we got a parcel."

"From what the stork dropping the baby off?" He laughed.

"No, of a coat hanger twisted up."

His face fell as he looked at Zak waiting for us to laugh. "Ar- what?"

"There was pink and blue petals in the bottom.. I don't know what's on board yet." I replied.

"That sick fuck.. Bro what the fuck man? You should have told me dawg! I could have been around yo- Robyn I'm so sorry you gotta deal with this." He frowned.

"Not your fault is it?" I shrugged.

"No.. No it's mine and this stupid lifestyle." Zak moaned walking away.

I went to follow when Bacon caught my wrist "Leave him... He's upset that the person got that close."

My eyes landed on his coffee soaked top "You better change outta that, I'll put it in for a soak to try and get most of it out."

********

Lifting the case from the RV, I stumbled back swaying from the weight of it.

"Hey!" A voice yelled making me drop the case.

Turning I saw Zak coming up from the back of the house, almost dragging the cloud over his head with him.

"Hey. What's with the yelling?" I asked as he stopped in front of me.

The weight of the case shifted off my leg as he picked it up. "Carrying heavy things... It's a no."

"Don't wrap me in co-"

"Cotton wool? Put you up on a peddle-stool? Well tough shit, I am and I have. No heavy lifting, or we will fall out." Seeing the determination on his face, I sighed.

"Okay, fine."

He nodded carrying the case into the rental home. Not wanting to be alone, I hot footed it back in closing the door and walking around until I found the bedrooms.

Finding Zak sat in the bed, I joined him, sitting in his right.

"Speak to me?" I asked quietly.

His hand reached for mine, locking our fingers together "Anything could have happened. What the hell was I thinking when you walked off? I should have been with you."

"You can't be with me 24/7."

He sat back "Why can't I? We work, live, sleep and eat together."

"I know, but I can't imagine watching you whilst you use the toilet..."

He chuckled pulling me into his shoulder "You say the most weirdest things sometimes."

"It's true. Zak I can't live like that, we need our own space, you need to decompress as I need to take baths and relax. "

"Well from now on, no more locking doors then. I need to know I can get to you... Feel?" He pushed my hand against his chest.

His heartbeat thudded fast underneath it "That's what happens, this is how I feel when I think something could happen to you, if I can't get to you Roo."

I rubbed his chest and enveloped him into a cuddle "No more locked doors then. I promise I won't sulk off again."

"I'd lose my shit if anything happened to you." He mumbled into my hair.

"You won't have to. I'm here."

I sat back beside him when I noticed the frown was still present on his face. "What else is it?" I asked.

"Do you regret meeting me? Again? Or coming back after the.. The miscarriage?" He asked.

"No." I replied instantly. "Never. It's been hard. We've fought more than what any couple should ever have had too. But if it means I get to keep you? Keep the idea of our little family? I'll do it until the next millennium. You really don't know how special you are to me, do you?"

"I do. I think. But I just can't help think I've messed so much up, you could have got hurt today. Seriously hurt.. Anything could have happened to you or our little cub." He frowned.

"But nothing did. Zak, sweetie. It could have... But it hasn't."

"A could is too much. You should have never been in that position.." He answered.

"We could sit here and say if, buts, maybes, all day." I looked around before getting up and closing the bedroom door.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I kicked off my shoes.

"Come here." I smiled sitting on the bed before laying back. He followed suit and looked a little taken back as a mirrored ceiling looked at us back.

I looked at Zak pushing off his beanie to see his messy hair. "That's better."

We stared at each other in silence for a few seconds before I giggled.

"What? Is my hair that bad?" He asked touching it to flatten it down.

"Hey. No leave, I like it. I was just thinking.."

"About?"

"Us, what else could happen to us huh? We are like an unstoppable force. Like the A-team."

He grinned "I'm not Murdoch."

"Uh- yeah the hell you are. You're crazy enough for that museum, you're crazy enough for Murdoch."

"You'd have to be Face then." He replied running his finger down my nose gently.

I pulled up my top before looking up at the ceiling "Will you still love me when I'm fat?" I asked.

"When you're heavily pregnant.. You're not fat. If you were, it would be that adorable puppy fat." He replied.

Such a smooth talker..

"So I'm a little fat? But puppy fat?"

He shook his head looking at our reflections, "No, what you are is perfect to me."

"Aww, that was so sweet, I think you've got tooth decay." I replied making him chuckle.

"Cheeky. Robyn?"

"Yeah?"

"Marry me?"

I grinned, "Forever."

Laying in a comfortable silence, I watched in the reflection as Zak played with the ends of my hair in his own little trance.

Everything about him made my heart hurt, this was something else..

Feeling tears, I swallowed hard looking away.

"You're upset, I can feel your emotion. What's wrong?" He asked turning his attention to my face as a tear slipped out from the corner of my eye.

"Hey? Hey come on Roo." He whispered. "I got you now. He won't find us."

"It's not that.." I whispered before the pipes sprung a leak and I was crying.

"What is it? Baby speak to me."
He urged.

"I love you so much. That it makes me cry." I admitted burying myself in his chest.

"Robyn."

"How can anyone want to hurt you?! Stalker or some stupid woman all those years ago! I hate them all! I hate them! I just- it hurts!"

"Are you tired?" He whispered knowing when I was tired, I was emotional.

"No.... Maybe but it's true. I just have this ball in my heart, maybe it's my heart I don't know. But it feels like it's going to explode when I look at you! Zak I can't love you anymore than what I do. I can't.."

"Robyn where's all this coming from?" He asked wiping my tears.

"But I would give you anything. Anything you want okay? In marriages they say that thing.."

"Vows?" He guessed.

"Yeah them too but a line. I think it's after. All that I am, I give to you. I do, I give it all to you." I wept.

He looked more confused than ever leaving me to cry into his top, smelling his cologne and sharing his body heat.

"I give my all to you too.. Please stop crying." He whispered kissing my forehead.

"It's hormones." I sniffled.

"Of course it is." He sniggered "Get some rest."

"O-okay." I hiccuped.

"Yes I'll also be here when you wake." He confirmed.

"I wasn't going to ask that." I lied.

"I smell bullshit." He commented.

"Shut up... Love you."

"I love you too, my Lioness." He whispered gently.

**********

I woke up shaking my head from side to side, my tummy rumbled letting me know that it was time to find some food, especially for my cub.

I liked that nickname, Lime was cute but I liked Cub even more.

Looking at the mirrored ceiling I found Zak asleep beside me, his hand was in my bare belly whilst another was still in my hair, sensing my movements, his fingers began playing with my hair, whilst his hand rubbed my tummy gently before coming to a stop.

I leant over and kissed his sleeping face making him stir and frown.

"Rob-"

"Come in.. We got work, sun is almost down and cub is hungry."

He sat up stretching his arms out, I cringed hearing his back click in several different places. "My cub is hungry, I shall go and take down a gazelle." He replied before giving his roar.

I burst out laughing at him "Do a proper one, you sounded more like a dog with wind!"

"Raaaaawwwwwrrr!" He bellowed with his hands all clawed up.

I sucked my cheeks in to stop myself, but I couldn't! I can't!

I cracked up!

"Oh whatever!" He sulked.

"You sound like a kitten! How?! How is it possible?!"

"That's it!" He snapped grabbing my ribs and tickling me.

I squealed and laughed until I was out of breath.

"Heh." He laughed moving my hair from my face. "All that I have."

"I give to you." I finished as he kissed me on the nose.

*********
Things were going well, considering the cluster fuck of a day. But when we were approaching the location, Zak had turned quiet..

As we arrived, I pulled Zak aside and folded my arms waiting.

"Wha- okay dammit fine." He sighed losing before he even tried.

"Tell me." I ordered waiting for his explanation.

"When I was a little boy, I kept having dreams.. That I was in a ship wreck."

"Okay.."

"And I drown..."

"Right."

"The ship looked exactly like the star of India." He admitted making me look to the ship they were going to investigate.

"So wait, you think this is a residual thing from here?" I asked.

"No, no. I- it's not the same boat but the image, I had... it matches this. I just- I know I have a past life just from that. If anyone should feel a connection it will be me right?"

I nodded slightly.

"Then why do I feel out of my depth?" He asked.

I refused to reply about the bottom of the ocean depth just incase he walked away from me annoyed. "I don't really know. But maybe if you try and harness  the way you felt in that dream, the panic and fear, as scary as what it is... and then walk in with the understanding that a lot happened on boats. I think you'll be okay. This wasn't a cruise liner, it was a boat, a hard working boat.. There was a crew, there was a bad side too. Not as bad as a pirate ship but..."

"But there were similarities." He finished.

"Yeah. Have your wits and alertness  about you... I think you'll be okay." I replied rubbing his arm in comfort.

Once I knew he relaxed I smiled, "I can just imagine you in a captains uniform." I grinned.

"Oh really?" He asked.

I chewed my lip and nodded. I went to reply when Aaron called us both to help set up.

"Until next time..Captain." I grinned with a salute before walking off to get my camera.

Zak only allowed me on the boat, if I was chaperoned... So whilst I took my photos, Bacon trailed behind finding great difficulty not to touch everything he saw.

"So when you gonna let people know? Won't it be obvious? How far are you?"

"3 months.. I'm tiny, you only see if it if I have no top on. Otherwise, you'd be none the wiser."

"Huh, apart from the everlasting glow. I know Zak has a rep with women but even he can't get those results."

I giggled "Well he played his part."

"I'm real happy for you Robyn. Really I am.. Now Zak's not around though, I wanna say something."

I paused to listen.

"You ever, ever.. Need me to swing by or want someone extra around, you let me know okay? I know Bill has a family but I'm pretty much a lone wolf with my boy at his moms. If you ever need anything, just ring me. No matter the time."

My heart warmed "You're really sweet, thank you Bacon."

"Oh god.. stop doing that. With your eyes, stop that water!" He demanded as I wiped the build of tears.

I was emotional... I always have been I think! Even worse now..

Finished up the photos, I returned back to the SUV where I put my feet up and snuggled down into Zak's coat I now turned into a blanket whilst Bacon text quietly beside me.

I smiled seeing Zak do his thing, making me feel proud.

"Bacon?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you believe in soul mates?" I asked.

"Absolutely. Why?" He questioned.

I turned my eyes back to Zak who looked over at the same time. "I think I've found mine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 312 24
SEQUEL It has been over a year since I last saw Zak, a lot has happened in my life since then. I met a guy called Dave, we currently live together...
3.3K 113 21
"Bet you didn't see this coming, ha, me either. But here we are and here you are. Are you sitting comfortably? Good. Then we can begin..." Zak and T...
91.8K 3.2K 54
Delilah Winters, urban explorer & self proclaimed badass. Lands herself the opportunity of a life time, not only does she get to meet her idol... She...
35.4K 1.4K 40
Sequel to Forgotten Flame. Find out what has become of Zak & Mina. Where their lives have taken them and what roads they have been set upon. Baring...