In Darkness and In Light

By newbiegac2015

*Sequel to Splintered Hearts* ********** "Bro where you going now?" Aaron asked standing up as well. "Home." ... More

Time is ticking
I'll Dream of her.
Memories that linger.
Wait what?
I want answers
State lines.
Second chance.
This is important.
Croc hightop
*Devastating blow.*
*Light at a dark time*
*Together.*
Rock and a hard place
His first true love
The unknown trip
Step back in time.
No time limits for this.
Back to work!
And now they know..
Holding onto hope
The meaning of things.
Night messenger
It starts somewhere
I've loved and I lost
Best served cold
When Love bites
OVERLOAD!
In the morning
Realization hits hard.
Possession.
Luster and love
Three's the charm... Right?
Dreams and memories
Settling a score
It's a family thing.
Cooking up a storm
Internal stubborn
A sea of wonders
*The Hand that Bites.*
Winchester.
On the Road again.
Whirlwind
* Sins *[m]
All of him
Impulse
Shock to the system.
Lose him on the truth or keep him on a lie.
Lose control and build on trust
Learning about him.
This was a test.
Ice palace melting
Amor numquam moritur 🖤
Coral
Cottage attack
Making those memories. [m]
That's a new experience * [m]
Family isn't always blood.
Second step on the board
Robyn's resistance.
The cat is out the bag.
Mystery sender.
Closing in
Planning together
Exotic fruit and Hell
I. See. You
All I Have
Always kiss me
Bacon,bacon
Run Robyn
Pride of lions.
Firing line
If beauty were time. * 💘
Fruit of life.
On her hands
Silence is a sound.
Player 2 has entered the game.
** Dramatisation and a Realisation** M Rated
Too close for comfort
In sickness
Development
Love of a psychopath
*Baby steps
The wanderer
Cotton headed ninny muggins
Christmas isn't just about presents.
Simulation and nightmares
Breaking the rules.
New adventure
Final twist of Fate.
This is us now.

Lone wolf

1.2K 49 10
By newbiegac2015

I woke to cold fingers brushing my cheek gently, stirring I grumbled into the pillow before cracking my eyes opened to a fully dressed Zak.

"Morning." He whispered.

"Why?" I asked pulling on his top.

"I've got a delivery coming for the museum, I got to head over there in a minute. I just wanted to wake you up and let you know."

I nodded sighed as the weight of yesterday came back down on me.

"How are you feeling? You didn't speak at all last night. You were constantly stirring as well." Zak asked concerned brushing my hair back.

"Okay I guess... Hurt."

He gave me a sympathetic smile "I know it does baby. But you've got your family now."

"I know. I'm just being stupid." I answered picking at the sheets.

"You wanted to be in a bosom of a family, your family. There's nothing wrong with that, but you belong in my family. Don't ever forget that."

I nodded picking up his hand and kissing his knuckles.

"Baby you look pale." Zak commented pushing his hand on my forehead. I knew in an instant when Zak was worried as my pet name came out..

"I'm fine. Probably lack of sleep, well quality of sleep and I have just woke up." I reminded him.

"Hmm maybe you are right." He pondered. I'd never hear those words again. Me? Right?!

"What's being delivered?" I asked curiously.

"A 7 foot clown." He answered looking slightly uncomfortable.

I smiled lazily "You never cease to amaze me, where on earth did you find that?"

"It's being donated, apparently it likes to move from time to time."

I gulped.

"Yeah, my reaction as well but it will be perfect for the museum." He checked his watch before sighing.

"Go on, don't be late for it."

He rolled his eyes and gave me a kiss "Be up for 1. We are gonna go do lunch."

"Ooh where are you taking me?" I asked.

"It's a surprise. Get some more sleep and I'll see you later."

With another kiss he slipped off the bed and headed out leaving Gracie to bound into the bedroom and jump up beside me.

"Hey Gray."

I giggled when a wet tongue slobbered up my cheek, I wiped it off with the back of my hand "Love you too."

*******

Going back to sleep didn't happen, because as soon as Zak left, my mind went back to yesterday's events and my stomach twisted up into a knot.

I always considered myself a lone wolf, but I had a pack, I had a family. They just didn't want me. They wanted the money I had. It was a hard pill to swallow that was for sure.

Standing in the kitchen I wondered what else they would have said, what lies they would have fed me.. Was this grandmother of mine really sick? Or was that another bogus claim to pull at my heart strings.

What if they weren't even my family?

That thought chilled me to the bone. You hear about it all the time, people living lies to extort money from others. I hoped I was wrong...

He seemed so genuine though..

Before or after you sussed him out?

But I wanted to believe that I wasn't completely alone in the world, that I did have some family, even if they didn't want to know me..

Hands grasped my shoulders causing me to let out a blood curling scream in the kitchen, I spun violently with the wooden spoon raised high ready to attack.

"WOAH WOAH WOAH!" Billy yelled.

"BILLY!" I shouted thumping him in the arm.

"Hey owh." He pouted.

"I nearly peed myself! Jesus!"

"You didn't hear me?" He asked as I clutched a hand over my heart.

"No man! Come on!" I huffed.

"Sorry Robyn, Jeeze I feel awful now. Why are you so jumpy?"

I shook my head and pinched the bridge of my nose. I needed to talk to someone and Billy was... Billy was the first person I met when starting GA. If I could turn to anyone it would be him.

"How did you get in?" I asked remembering I heard the latch click when Zak left this morning.

"I have a key, you know that."

I nodded before putting on the coffee machine "Sit down man, don't do that again though,"

"I'm sorry, hell childhood memories came back with the wooden spoon raised." He laughed sitting down and popping the laptop on the side.

"What's up anyway?" I asked.

"Just finished reviewing some evidence, I thought Zak would be here. He's out?"

"Museum."

He nodded "Now what has you turning into a ninja with a wooden spoon?"

I sighing, I split it all out...

****

"Dang, you serious?"

I nodded to answer Billy's question as he sipped his coffee.

"Listen, I know it doesn't amount to much, but you are family, GA family. You know that right?"

"Yeah. Only I almost screwed that up too.."

"How?"

I bit my lip and looked at him "I kissed Aaron."

His eyes widened "What?! When? Why? H-how?!"

"How? It's pretty simple two people put their mouths to-"

"Robyn, why? Zak loves you. Why would you do that?"

It then sank in that Billy had no idea of what happened just over a month ago.

"After the Black Dahlia investigation, Zak came back in a... a different kind of mood."

He frowned "What kind?"

I didn't know how to say it, I searched for words to try and make it sound better for Zak, I didn't want people thinking badly of him.

"What kind of mood Robyn?"

"Jealous, angry, paranoid. We had an argument.."

"And?

"And as I tried to leave there was a struggle, I accidentally slapped him as I pulled my hand back."

"And what? You ran into Aaron's arms instead of apologising?" He asked.

"Not quiet... Zak back handed me, across the face. Quiet hard."

His jaw dropped in horror. "H- he w- he hit you?" He stuttered.

I nodded "I don't think he meant it, it was blind rage and after he did it, it scared him."

"Good! I hope it terrified him!" He snapped.

"Billy..."

"What the fuck Robyn? Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you come to me?"
He asked.

"You had left already, it was Diana's birthday. You wanted to be with your family, I understand that. I thought we could handle it you know? But Zak couldn't..."

"So what happened? What changed?" He asked.

"Zak went to a counsellor he's got help, can't you see he's changed?"

Billy thought about it before rubbing his face "Yeah but I thought that was your influence not because he had to see a shrink."

"He got help because he never wants it to happen again. Please don't let it change how you are with him. Please, he needs to know we have moved on from all that. I've forgiven him.. Please Billy?" I pleaded.

He sighed and nodded "Damn.. But everything has been okay? Between you two since?" He asked.

I almost smirked looking around the kitchen knowing exactly how good we are.

"Better than ever."

"Good. That's good." He repeated himself.

We drifted off the topic and were talking about lockdowns when Billy excused himself up to the office to get some more footage done. It wasn't uncommon to have Billy about the house, he had became an extra fitting. Plus it was always nice to have someone else about the house whilst Zak was busy.

I was brushing Gracie's coat when the door bell rang, looking at each other she bolted for the front door leaving me sat on the floor in the sun.

"Okay bye then." I giggled getting up and heading to the door.

I took her collar and opened the door only to be engulfed in a hug.

"Thank god!" A voice breathed with relief. It wasn't until I pulled away I saw Jim.

"Jim?! Jim! What's happened? Are you okay? What's wrong? Come in!" I rushed pulling him in as Gracie ran off to get a toy. Her usual greeting routine.
"Follow Gracie, the lounge is through there."

As I pushed the door closed a worn, dirty sneaker jammed between it, I pulled opened the door and swallowed hard at the other guest. The unruly hair and wild bottle green eyes glowed at me.

"Not going to invite me in as well sweetheart?" Justin smiled.

His menacing eyes bored into me until I backed down and opened the door more. He stepped in and came close "Good girl."

"I should throw your ass out!" I hissed quietly making sure Jim couldn't see or hear us.

Justin smirked lifting his hand and touching my cheek softly "Watch that pretty mouth of yours.."

I slapped his hand away almost yelping as he grabbed my shirt pinning me to the wall.

Where the hell is Jim?!

Justin froze as a harsh and primal growl filled the hallway. I shook in fear looking at Justin as he turned his attention towards it.

Gracie was lowered down in a stance ready to pounce on him. Her eyes shone yellow seeing me against the wall, then came the quiver of her lip as she bared her teeth at him.

"Call that mutt off." He snarled.

I kept my lips sealed and thanked heavens that Gracie was here. She took a step forward making Justin realise that she wasn't going to back down any time soon.

"Robyn..." Jim called finally making Justin step back with a smile.

I scurried away and shot into the lounge as Gracie came to my side.

"T-take a seat." I stuttered gesturing towards the couch.

"Robyn is house is beautiful." Jim smiled looking all around.

"Thank you..."

"Zak's right?" Justin asked dropping down on the couch with a slouch.

"Yes. He won't be long. Drinks?"

"Beer?" Justin smirked.

I clenched my jaw before releasing it "We don't drink."

"Bit boring..." he commented.

"Not at all, we all understand how alcohol changes people." I retaliated making his eyes narrow at me.

"Could I have a water?" Jim asked.

"Of course..." I smiled. I reluctantly looked at Justin again who hadn't changed his usual disgruntled face.

"I'll be a seco-"

Jim's phone began ringing making him get up to retrieve it from his pockets, checking the screen he looked up.

"Answer, the door is open if you want to walk around the garden for some privacy." I answered before slipping off to get his water.

By the time I came back, the lounge was empty, looking towards the garden I found Jim stood by the wall with the phone against his ear. The sound of Gracie's growl made my legs move and I instantly moved towards where she was stood.

"What the hell are you playing at?" I asked Justin who was stood in mine and Zak's bedroom.

His fingers picked up my nightdress which I had folded on the corner of the bed from earlier. I went over snatching it from his fingers.

"Get out!" I hissed. "How dare you come in here!"

His smile twisted his face almost making me shudder. My mind sensed trouble causing me to step back.

"Nice to see you still fall in line." Justin smiled stepping towards me.

"Touch me and I'll tell your father exactly what you are like!" I whispered harshly.

"Will you now?" He smirked.

"Why are you here? What do you want?"

He stood in front of me, feasting his eyes across my body. "Zak's got something that's always been mine. I'm coming to take it back."

"He's got a lot that you haven't got.. Like a career, a life, a spine and a set of balls."

His face twitched in annoyance.

"If you think I'd ever... Ever look at you after being with a real man, you must be joking."

His hands grabbed my shoulders shoving me back into the wall. Gracie barked jumping towards us both making his head snap to her.

"Fuck off." He growled back at her making my anger spill.

I pushed on his chest hard causing him to stumble back. But Justin never gave up, his hands grabbed the tops of my arms squeezing them hard. I whimpered trying to squirm out of his grip.

My heart leapt into my mouth as the front door opened causing Gracie to look over at it before whining.

"What's up Gray?" Zak asked.

"Tell him, and I'll kill you and that mutt." Justin snarled before stepping away from me leaving me crumpled against the wall.

Zak paused as he went to pass the bedroom to find me against the wall with Justin a few feet away.

"I can explain." I whispered seeing his eyes darken and fists clench.

"Hey Zak. I'm just waiting for my dad. We got some news, we think you'll want to hear." Justin said.

"We don't want shit from you... Now get the fuck up out my house before I smash those teeth down your throat."

"Zak.." I spoke quietly.

I didn't care about Justin, not a bit. But I cared for Jim, I cared for Zak and I cared for the little black and white dog who stood by her owner ready to attack. A mood I've never seen in Gracie before.

"Oh, you're really gonna wanna hear about this." Justin replied.

"Your dad is welcome, you.. You sick bastard, you get the fuck out. Now."

"Whatever she has told you.. It's not true. She over exaggerates don't you Robbie Roo Roo."

I took a shaky breath hearing the words my dad used to call me.

"You don't call her that.. Don't you ever call her that. Defiling a memory of her dad because you're a sick fuck." Zak stepped forward.

I grabbed his wrist pulling it gently "Zak please.. Jim doesn't know anything."

"I'll tell him. I'll tell him exactly what his son is. An abuser, a woman beater."

Justin glared at me causing me to shrink behind Zak to avoid it. "That what she told you huh? That I knocked her about?"

"You gonna deny it?" Zak asked as he shook in anger.

"I was an alcoholic, I began abusive but I never meant to hurt her... Thought it was our secret Robyn?" He asked.

"You don't speak to her."

"Seeing as we are in the mood for sharing, how about I share some?" Justin smirked.

"I don't want to hear what you have to say."

"Justin? Robyn?" Jim called from the lounge making my eyes shoot to the door.

"Zak please, let's just hear what Jim has to say and then that can get off the property."

Zak's hand took mine and clenched it between his tightly before pulling me out into the hallway, Justin slinked out and rejoined Jim.

"Oh Zak! How wonderful to see you again!" Jim smiled shaking his hand.

Music started from upstairs making Zak look over to me.

"Billy." I answered.

"Who's Billy?" Jim asked as the music skipped and a wailing started..

Billy sometimes sung, or at least tried.

"Co worker." Zak smiled politely when I knew politeness was the last thing Zak wanted to be.

"You're wondering why I'm here..." Jim said looking at me with worry written on his face.

"I- its unexpected." I answered. "Sit down."

Jim sat down on the couch, as I went too Zak pulled me close to him and shot a look to Justin who flopped down again rudely.

"I have news... On David."

My fingers tightened on Zak's hand instantly as the knot appeared.

"Robyn, he's dead. I'm sorry." He said making me blink.

"W- how? He was- how?" I asked.

"Cancer. He died 3 years ago.."

"No he didn't.. I met him yesterday. David Collister. He's my uncle." I answered confused.

"I'm too late..." He whispered before sitting forward. "I've tried calling you, but it wouldn't connect the call. I thought you changed your number."

"No, it got broke. I replaced it the same day." I answered with a little frown.

"Well I didn't know where Zak lived or know how to get hold of him. So I had to ring a friend..."

"Friend?"

"He owed me a favour, you used your card last night to buy something online. They traced the IP address and well, got an area. I told them you're in a relationship with Zak and with his house being for sale.."

"You found me."

"Yes." Jim answered.

"Wait.. So who the hell did I meet yesterday?" I asked feeling my fears come to life.

"That's why I am here. We don't know. I did as you asked, searched for David, but when I found out about his death and the fact you were receiving messages. I started digging around. It could be some hacker, a chancer."

"But he had a photo.. a photo of my mom." I said getting worked up.

"Davids family sold all his things, donated the rest, there's a chance the person got the photo that way."

"But I don't understand. Why would anyone do all this? What are they hoping to achieve?"

Justin scoffed lifting his hands "They don't achieve anything, they want something. Money?" He guessed.

"Oh my god.." I whispered looking at Zak whose face was unreadable. "What have I done? To anyone? Could it be someone out the family?" I asked.

"We checked that too.. I'm sorry but your gran passed last week. As far as we can tell, she had no more children after David and your mother."

My heart shattered. "Did David?"

"No."

"So... So I have no family, at all?" I asked as a tear rolled down my face.

Jim's face washed with upset before taking my free hand. "They shared a last name, a blood tie. But they aren't your family. They never were sweetheart."

I hiccuped a cry back and looked at Zak who still hadn't made a move or spoken.

"So what now? What about that man? He is impersonating my dead uncle."

"We are tracking the account but can not stop new ones being made.."
He looked at Zak.

"Zak has a team, a PR team yes?"

Confused I looked at Zak who nodded. Why didn't I know anything about this?!

"I suggest sitting with them and having a chat. You two aren't public, but I don't know how long that is going to stay quiet. If he's going to extort money, it could be that way.."

"What if he's not after Robyn, what if it is me? My money?" Zak asked.

"It could be a possibility." Jim nodded.

"He kept asking questions about you yesterday, about the Bentley." I said looking at Zak.

"You went to meet a stranger in a Bentley?" Justin asked before tutting.

"Got something to say?" I snapped but he shook his head almost laughing.

"Yeah.. I've just shown them exactly how much money we have." Zak answered quietly.

"I- this is getting a little out of hand. This is some sicko right? I mean... We aren't being targeted are we. Are we?" I asked worried.

"I get death threats all the time, I have a lot of people waiting to shove the knife in. There's a reason I have a weapons permit, as well as live on this community." Zak said holding my hand in both of his.

"So we are targets?" I asked Zak.

He shook his head "They can say whatever they want, I have a team to stop it. But there is only one thing..."

"What?" I asked hoping to find it out and get something in place.

"You. My only weakness is you. Robyn if they are coming at you, it's because of me and to get to me, they come at you." Zak answered.

"But I haven't gone anything. We haven't done anything!"

"Zak's done plenty... Women wise." Justin smirked.

"Justin." Jim frowned at him.

"Nobody knows about me and Zak, so how would they know to come for me?" I asked.

"Lockdowns.. They must have seen us on a lockdown somewhere. We leave Vegas and we don't care do we? California, holding your hand. I show affection.. I've exposed us." Zak answered.

"This could all be coincidental, but you both need to tighten your security. Robyn get onto your profile and change the settings to private. Ensure that nobody can see things unless they are your friends."

I nodded.

"We have 24 hour security here, I have cameras in the house too." Zak answered.

"Good.." Jim said looking at the doors.

"Emergency shutters too.." Zak answered quietly.

I looked at him in disbelief, how come I've never noticed or been told about these emergency shutters, these death threats?! Why was I being kept in the dark?!

"Nobody is going to touch you. I promise you that." Zak spoke tightening his grip on my hand.

"It could be some punk, but until we catch up with him.. Just keep your wits about you. Don't go walking around late at night. Try and stay together if you do."

I nodded.

After almost an hour of fretting Jim was making his way out with Justin when his phone went off again. He said his goodbyes and left to answer it whilst by the car.

"Is it you?" Zak growled at Justin.

"Oh please, if I wanted her. I'd have her."

Zak went to step up on him when I pulled him back. "Don't give him the satisfaction."

Justin smirked "It's probably her causing the shit. Has a past of being a trouble maker. Has she cheated yet? Slept with your best mate?"

"I didn't sleep with him." I snarled.

"Oh right, you just thought he was me.. Right I get that." He laughed before stepping away from the house.

"I'd keep an eye on her Zak. Because she is trouble, oh so very bad trouble. Because you know what they say about leopards and cheaters... They never change their spots."

With that he left leaving us both in silence, when the car pulled away Zak slammed the door and stormed away.

"IN MY FUCKING HOUSE ROBYN!" He yelled.

"Zak calm down." I spoke stopping to look at the bedroom.

Seeing the nightdress I grabbed it and walked through the house shoving it in the bin.

"Why have you done that?! Did he- did he go through your things?!"

"No I left it on the bed. He picked it up. I just..." my head throbbed as a woozy feeling washed over me.

"In my fucking bedroom too.. Why is there nothing simple about you?!" He shouted.

"I-I'm sorry."

"He comes here again. I Swear! He's a fucking dead man!" He barked.

I stepped towards him hoping I could calm him down but he moved away.

"Don't touch me! Just- just stay out of my way!" He snapped storming out the kitchen leaving me upset and alone.

My previous thought was right.. I am a lone wolf after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.1K 734 18
After an unexpected incident occurs during an investigation, Zak is left changed and confused. Resulting in him having no idea what to do but go into...
157K 5.6K 110
They're back by popular demand! Catch up with Zak & Maria! The paranormal power pair are working together, living together and hanging out together...
91.8K 3.2K 54
Delilah Winters, urban explorer & self proclaimed badass. Lands herself the opportunity of a life time, not only does she get to meet her idol... She...
208K 2.8K 47
Just a couple of Ghost adventures imagines for ya! Hope you like them. Vote follow and comment !