Burning Passion - A Mated Lov...

By SoulMated

Zoe is a rogue who is forced to attend a school for werewolves for a year thanks to a new law. There she meet... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 26

1M 30.8K 2K
By SoulMated

Hey readers,

Sorry for the wait but I hope this chapter makes up for it. I know you are all keen for Hunter to find out that Zoe can shift but think about how hard it must be on her, she has never told a soul about her ability so it has got to be hard to open up, even if she is beginning to trust Hunter with her heart and her secrets.

Anyway it won’t be long so keep an eye out for the dramatic chapter; I will be making it dramatic after all.

So with that thanks to everyone who took the time to tell me who’s Pov you want, it was about even by the time I decided to tackle writing this chapter so I had to pick what I thought you guys would have liked the best, not to mention what would have worked the most effective with what I wanted to happen within the chapter. In the end I decided to do Zoe’s Pov, but while the chapter is short the next one will be longer since I will be doing Hunters Pov I think. Depends really...

Anyway long authors note but thank you for reading it. With that here is the chapter so read on and enjoy, not to mention comment and vote to tell me what you think!

Lots of love

Xxx

Zoe’s Pov

I was sitting propped up against a tree on the large fields surrounding the school, my mood switching between annoyance and understanding as I stared at the maths sums in front of me. Surprisingly my emotions had nothing to do with the fact the teacher had given all the students in his class a large amount of homework that even the smartest people would struggle with, it had nothing to do with the fact my pen had leaked over my work nor the fact I had left my sunglasses at home meaning I had no choice but to suffer through the annoying light as it glared off the pages in front of me. No, it had everything to do with the fact that I was stuck at school while my mate and the pack had to deal with a situation with a number of routes approaching their territory.

I knew that he was ok, of course he was and however cruel it may have sounded I wasn’t worried about him. Not because I didn’t care, I cared a lot for my mate, but I knew he was an amazingly werewolf and alpha and he would make sure nothing happened to him. I wasn’t a clingy person by nature, I enjoy his company no end but I wasn’t begging him to spend all his day with me. I wouldn’t mind if I did don’t get me wrong, but I didn’t want to or feel the need to smother him or stalk him wherever he went like my pathetic sister.

The rouges had crossed the territory boarders and they had nothing to do with the school, meaning that by cutting across a packs territory it meant they were a threat that needed to be dealt with. Personally I had been attacked a number of times, I had always managed to get away of course since I was still breathing but that didn’t mean I didn’t have a few close times. I honestly thought it was disgusting how packs dealt with rouges, I like myself and a lot of other rogues here didn’t become rouges by choice, we had no choice and yet we were hunted down because of it!

I scowled at my thoughts, wiping my black stained hands on the grass around me as I tried to clear away the ink which had leaked from my now useless pen. I was annoyed that they had left me even though I understood why; they didn’t think I could shift so naturally I wouldn’t have been much help if the situation would have turned serious. Never mind the fact that I was probably there best fighter, having the experience and such in attacking with the intent to kill.

Sighing I knew I couldn’t blame him, but just sitting around doing nothing was a real pain in the arse. The fact I could be helping only making it worse, and I knew if anything happened to Hunter or my brother than I would never forgive myself. Even so I stayed put, not wishing for Hunter to find out that I could shift this way.

I wasn’t going to keep it from him forever; actually I planned to tell him in the next few days if I built up enough courage to do so. I was worried about what his reaction would be, the fact not even my brother knew about my ability making the whole situation even worse. I knew he would flip out when he found out about it, probably demanding that I should have told him sooner. I found I wouldn’t change it though, he may be my brother and I may love and trust him but the knowledge that I could shift kept my so-called parents from coming after me all those years.

When they had found out that Stacey could shift, she had been giving off the signs after all, they didn’t let her out of their sights. Before a werewolf shifted, especially in a female on the rare occasion there were hints, tells that told the people around them what to expect. Such as the suddenly increased temperature, the mood swings and the fact that all of our senses grew stronger than a normal female werewolf. They had noticed hers of course when she was younger, but due to completely ignoring me I had to go through it all on my own without anyone.  

I remembered that it was a both painful and terrifying experience, especially when you didn’t know what was going on at the time. The feel of your bones breaking and realigning to support your new form for the first time was excruciatingly painful, the feeling while was necessary it was far from pleasing. It is the most painful thing a wolf will go through in their life, but the fact I was so young meant my pain tolerance as a child was even more sensitive, meaning the pain lasted for hours rather than the few minutes it was meant to.

Snapping out of my thoughts, not liking the depressing road they were going down I threw my books and notes to the side, not wanting to be bothered with them anymore. I wasn’t an idiot by any means, but I also wasn’t the smartest person, I had been a rogue all my life after all so school had never occurred to me. I had tried a human one once but it didn’t turn out well, I found that while I may have looked like a human my inner wolf hated being surrounded by anyone other than its own kind. I only lasted about a few months before I couldn’t take it anymore, choosing to spend my time in the woods or simply reading out of textbooks to teach myself.

Not wanting to dwell on the past since there was nothing I could do to change it I pulled my legs up to my chest, tilting my head back as I felt the bark of the tree press against me in a soothing manner. Being a werewolf meant our kind loved nature, loved woods and such since it was our wolves natural and instinctual surroundings. I just loved it for the sights, the smells and the sounds which were always surrounding you. The sound of the birds and the leaves, the smell of the different scents as they surrounded you and the fact everything looked to beautiful were all factors which appealed to me greatly.

I didn’t know how long I sat there, the rest of the females sitting in class due to the bell not going yet. I had snuck out to sit outside, it was a gorgeous day out and I didn’t see the need to waste it. It wasn’t too hot but it was far from cold, the sun out making the grass shimmer attractively and a slight breeze in the air making it soothing to sit out.  

It wasn’t until all of the students started to filter out for lunch that I found myself watching them, my emerald eyes following their movements as they talked and laughed as if the males of the pack   weren’t off fighting. I may have had confidence in Hunter and Jack, but that didn’t mean I didn’t worry about him. They were overconfident; nothing good would come of it.

Hearing my phone go off I quickly slipped it out of my pocket, not knowing who would be texting me right now since very few had my number. Taking it out I frowned when I saw it was a number that I didn’t recognise, it stunning me slightly but I passed it off as someone just having texted the wrong number. But as I looked at the text once I opened it I felt my anger rise to an almost uncontrollable rate as I read it, the words only fuelling my anger to a level which I knew I wouldn’t be able to control. 

Last chance before no more Chloe it read causing my hands to clench, my head snapping upright as I felt my wolf take over. It was clearly from my parents, and as I looked to the right I felt my upper lip pull back into a silent snarl as I noticed that a crowd had gathered.

My so called sister’s scent filtered into my nose, the sharp and husky aroma of it making it clear that she was in her wolf form. I was on my feet instantly, my hands clenched so tightly that my knuckles turned white with the strain when I took in what was in front of me. There my bitch of a sister was, her large brown wolf viciously approaching a terrified Chloe almost tauntingly, drawing out the fear. That was the last thing I took in before I felt my wolf take over, the bond I had with my brother meaning my wolf saw Chloe as a pack sister. The fact she was under threat, under attack was unacceptable and my wolf wanted to protect her family!

Tell me what you think! Review! It was a rush job so sorry for any errors, but if you spot any don’t be shy to let me know so I can edit them. I want to make my story better after all.  

And for those who wanted Hunters Pov you’re getting it next to look out for some action!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 314 23
"Please sir it was a mistake, I didn't-" "I'll show you a mistake!" The Alpha said as he grabbed me by my hair and dragged me all across the floor he...
1.9M 27.8K 35
-"I will never be you'r anything!" i yell at Kyle, i see the pain flash in his eyes but i dont care , he cant treat me this way for years and then ex...
360K 8.7K 28
"my arranged marriage to the alpha". Ty is a popular guy who got 18 and haven't found his mate yet, wich made this parents angry because he was Alpha...
887K 21.4K 26
"You're my mate," he whispers as takes my hand. Huh?! I'm your what? Amber has never heard of werewolves before, either has anyone else. The only peo...