I Used To be Best Friends Wit...

By MiaCaesar

Josephine and Finnick used to be best friends when they were children. Then Finnick moved to the palace. Befo... More

I Used To be Best Friends With the Prince
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's Thank You Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 Pt. 1
Epilogue
Thank You!
Reasoning
Authors note... again

Chapter 30 Part 2

2.3K 55 25
By MiaCaesar

Hey lovely readers! I know it's been forever since I've updated and I am so sorry about that. Life just continues to get very complicated as I'm going through my senior year of high school. But I did try very hard to get this story up to you! I hope you all enjoy it!

Recap: 

    "Ithink I'm done," I said looking at the suitcases and then looking around. "Yup.That's everything," I nodded. 

New:   

"Don't forget the dresses," Peter reminded me.

"Thanks," I said with a smile. I hurried over to the closet and grabbed my new collection of elegant ball gowns. "I have no idea when I'm going to wear these but oh well," I chuckled.

"It's always good to have just in case," he smiled.

"I suppose. Let me call a cab and then will you help me bring my stuff down to the foyer?" I asked looking up at Peter with puppy dog eyes.

"Of course I'll help bring them down, but you know James is going to throw a fit if you just disappear. Plus, I can use my car and just drive you to save on cash. You're going to need to save as much as possible just in case the insurance agency doesn't cover it all." Peter reminded me.

"You're right. Let's go find James and Kira and then we'll leave," I said putting down my purse and grabbing my phone. Together Peter and I left the room and began the search for James. After checking the room they were staying in we headed down to the kitchen.

As we approached the door to the kitchen we heard a frustrated groan. "James! You're so childish!" Kira growled out.

"C'mon Kira, you know you love me," James replied. We pushed open the door to see James grinning cheekily at Kira and Kira covered in flour. "Hey guys!" James said seeing us at the door.

"What's going on here?" Peter chuckled seeing Kira's frustrated face.

"Well we were making cookies and then James thought it was a good idea to pour flour on me..." Kira said shooting a sharp glare at the still grinning James.

"I thought it would be like one of those cute movie montage moments," James said in his defense.

"James," Kira sighed looking defeated. "I'm going to go take a shower," she said turning around and facing the counter. Before anyone could say anything she spun back around and hit James with a handful of flour. "Now we're even," she smirked staring at her husband.

"Okay! Before this escalates, I should tell you two something," I said causing them both to stop glaring at each other and turn to me. "I'm leaving. For real this time. I can't stay here any longer. Last night was hard, this morning we talked and I decided it would be best if I just went home." I told them.

"But Jojo," James said coming over to me.

"James, I'm not happy. And I'm making it harder for Finn to move on with happy every after. Plus, if I don't move on how am I supposed to find mine? I've waited ten years for your brother, now I can move on." I interrupted James. "I loved seeing you after all these years. But it's time for me to go back to reality. And in reality, I have a burnt down café to get back to, insurance claims to file, and a plan to figure out.

"I get it," James said looking at me.

"What?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"I get it Jo. I can't imagine what you're going through with everything that's going on with the café and with Finn, but you know that you can always come to me about anything right?" James clarified.

"I know," I said with a smile.

"Before you leave, we need to exchange numbers so we can keep in touch. I know where you work, and I can find out where you live so don't think you can avoid me," James said.

"Aww fooie I thought I was going to get away with never seeing you again," I joked. I pulled out my phone and handed it over to James. He entered in his number, took a selfie, and then passed it on to Kira who did the same thing. I quickly texted both of them and looked up at James.

"Come here," James said opening his flour covered arms. I rolled my eyes and reluctantly went into his arms. We held each other and began swaying back and forth dramatically.

"You two are so ridiculous," Kira muttered while chuckling at us.

'What do you mean we're ridiculous?" James asked turning his head to look at her while we continued to sway.

"I mean that from the past week you've been together you two get into the silliest antics.

"He always brought out the silly in me. We were quite the pranksters when we were growing up. Finn liked the do calmer things so whenever James needed a partner in crime he'd run over and knock on my door," I explained with my head against James's chest.

"I can see that happening," Kira laughed. "Okay James it's time for you to let go of her so I can give her one too." She said hitting his arm.

"Yes wife lady," James grumbled reluctantly letting me go. Kira quickly swooped in and wrapped me up in a hug.

"You keep in touch okay? And James is right, we're going to hunt you down if you don't," Kira told me squeezing me a bit tighter.

"Yes James's wife lady," I replied laughing.

"Oh not you too!" She said swatting my arm playfully. "And keep me updated on what happens with Peter," she whispered to me.

"I will," I whispered while smiling. She pulled away and smiled at me.

"Don't forget, if you need anything we're just a call away," Kira reminded me.

"I know," I said smiling. "Thank you both so much. You two have helped make this week at least somewhat tolerable," I said looking between James and Kira.

"Anything for you Jojo," James smiled kissing the top of my head. I stepped back and looked at the two of them.

"I don't know if you two know this but you guys are a cute couple. And I'm not totally mad about not being invited to your wedding," I joked.

"Oh come on Josephine we weren't even in contact," James sighed rolling his eyes at me.

"I'm just messing with you James you know I love you. Plus I was probably busy anyways," I chuckled.

"Oh yeah, sure," James said showing my shoulder a little.

"I should probably get going. I don't want to run into Finn again," I said casting my eyes down.

"You're right," James nodded. Behind me the door opened, causing me to spin around.

"Oh, hi," Finn said seeing all of us. Ella stood next to him smiling slightly at all of us. "What happened to you three?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows at me, James, and Kira.

"That's a long story that I'm sure James and Kira would love to catch you up on. I was just on my way out. Finn, congratulations on the crown, I'm sure you'll be a wonderful king, and congratulations on getting married you two. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness," I said putting a smile on my face. "Ella I'm so sorry we didn't get to know each other better."

"It's fine Josephine. We're sorry that you're leaving us," Ella said smiling at me.

"Thank you for inviting me, but I believe I have overstayed my welcome," I replied. Finn stepped forward until he was right in front of me. He slowly opened his arms and gave me a weak smile.

"For old-times sake?" he asked me in a low voice. I nodded and stepped into his arms. The feeling was so familiar and comforting.

Slowly I pulled away and looked up at my childhood best friend. "It's been good seeing you Finnick," I told him.

"You too Josephine," he replied. I stepped up on my tip toes and quickly kissed his cheek. "What was that for?" he asked so that only I could hear him.

"That was me saying an official goodbye to us," I whispered to him. I took a few steps back and looked around at everyone. Ella was giving me a small smile, Peter was just watching carefully, and James and Kira were smiling at me.

"Well it was lovely seeing all of you, Peter let's get going," I said spinning on my heels and looking at him.

"You got it," Peter said smiling at me. Together we walked out the door. Before it shut I turned around and waved at the two couples. "You ready?" Peter asked as we walked through the foyer.

"Yeah, I think I've had enough drama and fanciness to last a lifetime. I'm ready to sleep in my own bed, and go back to figuring out my own life," I laughed as we walked.

"Well I look forward to maybe sleeping in your bed as well one day," Peter joked causing me to laugh.

"Maybe," I nodded. "If you're lucky."

"Oh I'll go out and find a four leaf clover and everything," Peter said kissing the side of my head. We reached the garage and he grabbed the keys to the Nissan Altima. We pulled out of the garage and with my directions, Peter led me straight to my apartment. He parked in a visitor parking space and shut off the car before turning to look at me.

"What?" I asked turning to look at him as well.

"You're beautiful," he told me.

"And you're an idiot," I said rolling my eyes.

"Do you want me to walk you to your apartment?" he asked glancing ahead of us at the building.

"It's fine Peter, I'm a big girl," I told him. I unbuckled my seatbelt and exited the car. Peter popped the trunk and then came out to join me. I pulled out my suitcase and the dress bags and then looked at Peter. He quickly grabbed my waist and pressed his lips to mine. When he pulled away he grinned stupidly at me.

"I'll text you later about our date on Saturday," I told him with a smile.

"That sounds great," he answered. He kissed me one more time and then went back inside the car. "Bye Josie," he said sending me an air kiss.

"Bye Peter," I replied.

I stepped onto the sidewalk with my stuff and turned to watch him back up the car. He paused to put the car in drive and then looked at me. I waved at him and he drove out of the lot. As I walked up into my apartment building all I could do was smile.

I may not have the happily ever after I always wanted, but now I'm going to find myself a new one. I got the closure I always needed, knowing that I used to be best friends with the prince.

The End.

So I don't know if you guys could tell but.... ALL DONE!!! For now! I will be making a few more announcements in the weeks to come.

Please let me know what you guys think! I love hearing what you all think!

I Love you!

-Mia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 582 30
Sleeping with your best friend is never a wise choice but Drew Masters was too drunk to even notice. He got into a heated night full of passion with...
15.1K 540 32
Troian and Keegan? Best friends. What happens when one day when they realize they love each other, and no longer want to continue with their current...
10.4K 65 26
Your friends dare you to get married to someone, and stay like that for a week. The only catch is that they have to choose who you marry. And who do...
214 3 12
Almost wedded when her lies caught up on her... Five years later they met again and the past still not forgotten. Will they be able to overcome thei...