The Lost Legend (Percy Jackon...

By AdventCourier

Percy Jackson had the life everyone wanted, he was the hero of Olympus, respected by the most powerful beings... More

Memories (Chapter 1)
Memories (Part 2) (Chapter 2)
Memories (Part 3) (Chapter 3)
Castaway (Chapter 4)
Tartarus (Chapter 5)
The Curse of Time (Chapter 6)
The Lost and Found (Chapter 7)
The Hunt Begins (Chapter 8)
Reunited (Chapter 9)
Home, Stupid Home (Chapter 10)
Nightmare (Chapter 11)
Neighbors (Chapter 12)
The Destroyer (Chapter 13)
Sacrifice of a Hero (Chapter 14)
A Death of a Hero (Chapter 15)
Hopes And Dreams (Chapter 16)
The Fate of Olympus (Chapter 17)
The End is Only the Beginning (Chapter 18)
Aftermath (Chapter 19)
The Golden Apples (Chapter 20)
Information
The Sacred Weapon (Chapter 21)
Guardian of The Hunt (Chapter 22)
The Hunters of Artemis (Chapter 23)
Revenge of a Huntress (Chapter 24)
Acceptance (Chapter 25)
Brother of The Huntresses (Chapter 26)
The Hunt's End (Chapter 27)
Under The Sea (Chapter 28)
Deep Waters (Chapter 29)
Broken Promises (Chapter 30)
Rising Tides (Chapter 32)
The Return (Chapter 33)
Comrades In Arms (Chapter 34)
Death Notice (Chapter 35)
He Did...What!? (Chapter 36)
Control Freak (Chapter 37)
To Europe! (Chapter 38)
War Triangle (Chapter 39)
Downfall of Greece and Rome (Chapter 40)
Blood-Brother (Chapter 41)
Last Battle (Chapter 42)
The Grand Finale (Chapter 42)

The Great Escape (Chapter 31)

24K 432 474
By AdventCourier

Quote: "The longest journey takes the shortest route." (I had to read that twice before I got that one.)

"Percy?" Calypso moaned, getting up from bed. Must be a migraine.

"Yep, it's me." It was more like a statement rather than reply.

Calypso rose and sat next to me on the bed, rubbed her tired eyes and gave a very, very big sigh.

"That wasn't a dream, wasn't it." She said. Her voice was quivering,  as if she were shy.

"No it was not. I really am here for the second time. Somehow." I said with an amused tone. Calypso was worn out, tired, and I could tell she was very bored of....life in general.

An awkward silence fell upon us until she scooted next to me and gave me a warm hug. It wasn't an affectionate hug, but it was a comforting one. I put my arms around her and comforted her. She held back the tears and fell into my warm embrace. No words were spoken, but we both knew what we were thinking.

"Thank you.....for staying." She said.

"Don't thank me yet. I will get you out of here. There is plenty to do now, and we must hurry before Pontus rises." I explained.

She gave a half-hearted nod and we both stood up from the bed. "So, what do you propose we do? I have tried to leave for several hundred years, and I haven't even begun to find a lead."

I thought for a moment and as if on queue,  I felt a lightbulb pop up. "I got it! I am sure Lady Chaos can help us, I mean, she is the creator and all."

Calypso looked skeptical. "The gods barely listened to their children when I wasn't exiled, and I doubt that has changed. What makes you so sure Chaos will listen?"

I wasn't even able to answer as a familiar portal opened right next to us, and Chaos appeared in her mortal form, making Calypso have a heart attack and squealed really loudly.

I laughed a bit before Calypso immediately bowed on her knees to Chaos, who stared at her oddly.

"You don't need to bow, its very awkward now." She hummed impatiently.

Calypso got up and flushed. To save her the embarrassment,  I interjected in the conversation.

"Chaos, we need a way to get Calypso off the island, think you can help us?" I asked.

She looked around the island and inspected the area. "Hmmmmm, it is a an old spell, but then again, the gods are not nearly strong enough to cast one stronger than I am."

"So, you can?" I asked. Calypso had a hopeful look on her face.

"Well, duh. But it will take a bit of time, maybe an hour or so." She said casually.

Calypso almosg exploded. Like literally. She was crying tears of joy while hugging me. Chaos gave me a "What is her deal?" Look and and I gave her a "I will explain later." Look. She nodded and started doing something with her hands, probably starting the enchantment. Calypso was giving me the most furious hug in existance while muttering "thank you." Over and over.

I calmed her down and basically gave her therapy.  She was beyond excited, happy and almost all her emotions were on a rollercoaster.

I left her to her thoughts and went up to Chaos, who was breaking the curse. "Do you know how long Calypso has been on this island?" I asked.

"Of course, but sorry if I am not acting correctly,  because while Calypso has been here for a long time, you are talking to the person who has been here since the beginning of time itself. Time doesn't really affect me at all, because compared to me, Calypso is a mere baby." She huffed.

I noddec in understanding.

"You may want to see your friends right now." She said out of nowhere.

"Why?" I asked.

"They have been on a quest. Jason, Piper, Frank, Hazel, Leo, Annabeth, Nico, Thalia, and uh Jack." She said.

"Seems important. Are they that desperate that they sent Jack?" I scoffed.

"Well, you see, you have been here for a day, but it has been 2 weeks already out there. Epithemius and Coeus, who are both extremely inteligent Titans have rose with Pontus, and the 9 heroes have been chosen to lead the quest."
She explained.

"So, are they in trouble?" I asked with worry.

"Well......" she trailed off, nervous.

"Just tell me." I calmly said. Whatever it was, Chaos must think I will freak out or something.

She sighed and spilled the beans. "They are no longer minor gods. All of them."

That was unexpected. "How?" I asked. How could they have taken away Godhood? Are the Titans that strong? What happened?

"Coeus created some spell that is able to fade Olympians. However, the spell was not finished. Its quite funny actually. When your friends fought the two Titans, the Titans foolishly unleashed the weapon. It created an explosion that destroyed the area, and the blueprint for the spell is now gone forever. The spell actually faded Coeus and Epithemius, what irony. Due to your friends being very minor gods and are still part demigod and mortal, the minor god part was removed entirely. But they are still immortal and are very strong demigods. " She finished.

I let that sink in, and I realized.  My friends aren't gods anymore. Eh, not that it mattered. We all were fine being demigods, that is, back then atleast. I should be glad Annabeth and Jack aren't gods anymore, thank Zeus.

"Meh, could be worse." I stated. Chaos nodded.

Calypso came out of the house and started talking with Chaos. I guess it was one of those "girl talks". I bet not even Zeus knows what happens in those things. I heard Calypso thanking Calypso over and over while I pretended to study the island.

The island was quite nice, it had that comforting feel. It was a place where most people would say "I want to live here forever!" Ironic, isn't it.

After about an hour, I circled the island back to Calypso and Chaos, who were currently STILL talking after an hour. How do women do that?

When they saw me, they both signaled me to come over. On my way there, I saw Calypso and Chaos laughing while pointing at me. I was curious,  but one I got there, they calmed down and prepared to leave.

"Calypso, when you arrive to the world, your house can be summoned back since you are tied to it. The invisible servants will remain in your service as well. Now, let us go." She said as we all flashed out back to Manhattan. We were currently in a forest somewhere.

Calypso looked around thoughtfully and was stunned by her surroundings. The nature, the flowers, the sun were all out. She had tears in her eyes as she looked around. Chaos and I both smiled. I told Calypso that she should probably go to Camp Half-Blood for her own safety. She happily agreed and I told her the directions to camp. Before she left, she kissed me.

She gave me a kiss on the cheek, she held me with her arms and I let her. Much better than Khione.

I smiled as we pulled away and she smiled. "Thank you, Percy. You have freed me from my suffering." She said as she ran into the distance towards camp.

Chaos coughed, I forgot she was there.

"Well, this was quite nice, but I am afraid I must go now, I have a problem I must deal with." She said. Before she flashed away, I grabbed her arm, and I wanted to ask her about the whole Pontus thing.

"Hmm?" She asked.

"Uh, Pontus said he managed to steal some of your chains somehow. Whats the deal with that? " I asked her.

She sighed in frustration. "The primordials always try to steal those, its like mice always stealing cheese. I usually just swat them out, but during the whole Order thing....." she trailed off.

"Its alright, I get it. Just curious." I said.

She nodded and flashed out. Er, portalled out.

I should probably visit Olympus. Dad must have been having a stroke by now, I mean, the last time I saw him, I was kidnapped!

I warped to Olympus, and the gods were having a heated discussion. When I appeared in the middle of the council, I felt something sharp at my back.

"Don't even think about it." Athena said, with a spear pointed at my back.

I held my hands up in a surrender pose. "Whoa, whoa, chill out. I was gone for 2 weeks and come back and this is how you react?" I chuckled. I noticed nobody was laughing.

Poseiden gasped as he saw me, he looked like he was ready to jump off his throne and hug me, but he couldn't for some reason.

"Perseus Jackson. You have been accused of treason by several witnesses. How do you plead?" He said strictly,  his blue eyes flickered.

I blinked. Then I burst out laughing. "Seriously? "

Zeus narrowed his eyes and Athena poked my back with the spear, drawing a drop of blood.

"Ow! Watch where you point that thing, Owl Brain!" I said.

Ares stood from his throne, glaring at me. "I gave you my trust. You have broken that little amount of trust I had given to you, punk. Traitors have no place with us."

I realized this wasn't a joke, and needed to be resolved before it got worse.

"Guys, this has got to be a joke, right?" I said.

Some gods, Zeus, Athena, Ares, Hera, all glared at me. Dionysus, Demeter both looked like they weren't paying attention at all.

Hepheastus, Hades, and Aphrodite had that look of "Seriously?"

The rest all began to erupt into arguement.

Zeus slammed his Master Bolt on the ground, creating a shockwave of energy, silencing every god and goddess in the room.

"Silence! Perseus Jackon must have a trial set upon him. If he proves innocent, he may leave unharmed. All who oppose of my decision speak now." He roared.

Nobody raised their hands, as those who were against me were sure I would be proven guilty, and anyone who was with me were certain I was innocent. It was a "fair" trial after all.

"Perseus Jackson. You allegedly aided Order against Olympus last year. Evidence has been given to us by Annebeth Chase and Jack Forrester, and was authenticated by Athena. The two shall join this trial now." Zeus said, snapping his fingers. Annabeth and Jack appeared next to their parent's throne, making Poseiden shift uncomfortably.

Huh, makes sense those two would try and do this. The two have had it out for me for a long time.

The two quickly knew what was occuring and both smiled mischievously.

"Yes, Lord Zeus. We believe that Perseus Jackson is responsible for aiding Order and his army against us." Annabeth said.

Some gods scoffed at her.

"Why do you believe such?" Zeus asked.

"So, Percy claims that he teleported all the monsters as well as the Titans to the moon, and was saved by LORD CHAOS? The creator of the universe? That is ridiculous,  and it is a clear lie. It is more likely that he and his allies were teleported by his master Order to rally their forces,  waiting to ambush us at any second!" Annabeth stated. A smile crept up on her face.

To be honest, wow. I kinda actually realize the logic in that accusation, but literally, if you look at the situation, anyone can tell she is lying.

Percy Jackson: Accused of treason by his ex girlfriend. 

See what I mean?

Demeter and Dionysus perked up at the thought of being utterly destroyed and started paying attention.

I could see Apollo face palming in the corner of my eye, and I was tempted to snicker, but I don't think that would help the situation.

"How do you plead?" Zeus asked, facing me.

"Not Guilty." I said, but it was on the verge of sarcasm.

"Do you have any evidence?" He continued.

"Well, unless you want a lifetime supply of dust in the Olympian throne room, or you want to disturb the 2nd most powerful person in the universe from their busy schedule..." I stated.

Zeus was conflicted, but Annbeth and Jack stepped in. Ugh, gods they are annoying.

"See! He is hiding the fact he is helping the Titans. He refuses to show any proof!" Jack exclaimed proudly, and I saw Poseiden hiding the fact he wanted to smash his own forehead on his throne.

I could tell Hades saw Poseiden's expression and hid a smirk.

Some trial, huh?

"Well, we have some other problems to deal with, like, you know, Pontus, the primordial of the sea rising. But if you would like to seal our fates by wasting time that could be used as preparation for war, by all means, go ahead." I said, bored.

Zeus put that into consideration, and had to come up with a result.

"After taking in this information, I presume Perseus Jackson to be...." Zeus said, but was cut off.

A familiar portal appeared in the room. Lady Chaos appeared our of it, looking very mad.

All the gods bowed instantly, and Chaos scrunched her nose.

"Up already! Perseus is right. He is telling truth, the truth you refuse to accept! Now, Pontus is rising, and has gathered his power for more eons than any other primoridal, making him as dangerous, if not more dangerous than Gaea. Pontus, being the first to be dethroned by Oceanus, has had nearly since the beginning of earth to rise, but he chose now, when you are at your weakest.  And here you all are, wasting precious time holding a false trial for a hero, much greater than you!" She spat, gesturing to Jack, who looked in surprise.

The gods were shocked at Chaos' s sudden appearence, and Zeus was actually quite nervous.

"Er, of course Lady Chaos. Perseus Jackson is innocent." Zeus said rather quickly.

Chaos studied Zeus, as if scolding a child. When she was satisfied, she brought her attention back to Jack. "And that is Lady Chaos, you ignorant brat."

"Hold on! How do we know you are Chaos?" Said Jack, in all his stupidity.

I facepalmed so hard. I could tell many gods were all thinking. "Please murder him."

Chaos stared him dead in the eye, making him jump in fear. I heard a few snickers from the Olympians.

"And what exactly makes you doubt you are in the presence of the creator of the universe?" She asked, her voice distorted, it was a feminine, warped voice.

Jack, determined he was in the presence of a fraud, stood up, but was hilariously shorter than Chaos.

"Pft, the most powerful being in the universe is a woman? I could take you on." He muttered.

It was silent in the throne room. A cold chill went through the room.

Artemis was shaking in her throne, wanting to strangle the boy, grtting her teeth.

Smoke started forming above Lady Chaos, and her natural purple, starry, humanoid form started to crack, and on the inside was....well I don't know. It was as if her purple skin was just a shell or layer, and once it was gone, she turned fiery red, and her eyes were dull red. She stared at Jack as if she said "One more word, One more life lost today. "

The gods stared in awe at Chaos' s formed and were actually quite frightened. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

I quickly ran behind Chaos and tapped her shoulder, and at the speed of light, she faced me dead in the eye. Her pupils were red, almost bugging out.  She had flames of different colors on her body, but were very dark shades.

"Uh, Chaos? Calm down." I said, fearing for my life. Whatever happened, she must not be thinking straight.

She stared at me with feral eyes, until she breathed in, returning to a natural purple, still smoking though. The gods sighed in relief at the thought of not being blown up.

"Ugh. Thanks Perseus, just been having a stressful week lately, and this is the last thing I need today." She said, putting a hand on her hair.

"Its fine, relax, you need it. Feel free to murder Jack, ok?" I said.

Chaos had a faint smile. "I am afraid I can't,  still much work to do. I must leave now, but-" she said as she burned Jack's hair, making him scream and jump, trying to put out his hair frantically.

I burst out laughing, as well as a few gods joining in. His head looked like a burnt marshmellow.

When we turned to Chaos, she was already gone.

Author's note: This is not a Calercy or a Perlypso or whatever. Calypso was just here as a side-plot thingy-meh-jigg. Percy will remain close friends with Calypso, but not a relationship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 7.8K 101
He lost his heart. Shattered, torn apart by those who he loved... Those who he thought loved him. He gave up all hope of ever finding it again. Yet h...
6.3K 93 19
Betrayed, that's how Percy Jackson felt. His girlfriend accepted godhood over him and then cheated on him. All the campers shunned him. His dad disow...
276K 7.7K 72
Original Storyline :- A normal life was all he asked for. He didn't ask to be chosen by the devil, king of Hell. He didn't ask to be thrown into...
168K 1.4K 25
Percy is betrayed. He is banished to Tartarus for a crime he did not commit. When the Olympians come to him for help, let's just say that they are in...