Sweet Starry Shadows (Fairy T...

By Zenjaki

Openly humiliated and rejected right in front of her friends; Lucy found herself standing on the opposite end... More

Rejection Hurts
Foreign Arms Comforting
What to do?
Just the Beginning
A New World
Her New Home
Training
A Stronger Her
A Change
Stronger and Better
Unwinding Fate
Bandits and Stars
Over Coffee
Wanderer
No
Foolish
Sabertooth Escape
Danger
Dragon Tamer
The Change
The Truth
Lucy of Sabertooth
Training and Dragons
Unleash the Dragons
Rescued
Nothing
Meet the Dragon Within
Soon
Returning
Just How?
Outbreak
Unwanted Guests
Feelings
Key
Taken
An Unfair Promise
Soon, Soon
Danger & Dragons
Lying Smile
Mother
Ice
Take Action
Safe
It Continues
Wake
Uncle and Niece
Family Dragon Conflict
Actual Plan
Official
Heard Whispers
Attack
Tipped Balance
Game
Search
Unexpected Life
Contempt
Dress Up
Fake Selves
Crystals
Sinister
Corruption
Outraged Annoyance
Bloody Liar
Bonds
Awakening Sacrifices
Returned
After Everything
Truthful
Forgiveness
Lessons
Enough
Confession
Blush Away
Gift
Second Home
Reassure
Embrace the Emotions
Innocence
Sweet Starry Shadows
Sequel Sequel

Fight On

2.4K 104 12
By Zenjaki

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 49: Fight On

Lucy stood there straight and tall as she balled her fists. Her mind telling her not to look at the fallen dragons, she gritted her teeth as she watched him appear from the dust cloud that she brewed up after her second roar.

Just why hasn't he fallen yet? Even though her hits have been direct hits...

"Just why are you so keen on overpowering us? Why Sakura and I to achieve everything?" she asked as he smirked to her direction. Her body on guard as she eyed every body movement, she tensed up once he stopped roughly a few meters away from her.

His eyes telling her that he has so many things planned out for them, she glanced over her shoulder before back to him where she sighed in relief. If he closed the distance between them, then it'll be all over for her within a blink of an eye.

"All I need is your crystal. That's all I want to control Sakurine, the Alpha of the Alpha Dragons," he replied before motioning to the dragons around him with his hands. "Imagine all of these dragons submitting to me with two opposing dragons following my every command. I can rule the world with Acnologia and Sakurine standing behind me, and maybe, I can create the ultimate dragon if I make those two dragons' mate," he chuckled.

Dropping his arms, he narrowed his eyes to her direction. "I believe you hardly know Sakurine's past, nor do you know what may happen to her in the future..." he began where Lucy closed her eyes and shook her head.

"Don't... Don't feed me lies!" she cried out as her magic began to build up inside of her.

Snapping her eyes open, she faced both of her palms up to the air where a ball of stars formed above them. Gradually growing bigger, she spaced her fingers apart from each other. "Celestial Dragon's Celestial Sphere!" she yelled, throwing the ball towards Zeref where he disappeared, only to reappear behind her.

With a smile on his face, he chuckled to Lucy's lack of control over her magic. "I expected more from the chosen tamer, but I was wrong! You're far too weak, even after gaining the knowledge and power of a celestial dragon's!" he mocked before kicking Lucy in the back where she staggered back before forward.

The blonde snapping her head to glare at him, stars wrapped themselves around her leg where she lunged forward to kick him. "They don't deserve to get chained up like this!" she cried out as he stopped her by easily catching her leg where he tightened his grip.
Stars shattering, she widened her eyes in horror as he looked at her with a blank face. Throwing her into a dragon not so far away, she groaned as she slowly stood up and looked over her shoulder. "T-These dragons..." she whispered, noting the black substance slowly engulfing them.

"Taking them down was so easy... I don't get the whole Dragon Slaying magic thing when they're this easy to knock them from the sky," Zeref said as he approached her.

Lucy turning her attention to Zeref, she was about to say something when suddenly she felt something sharp pierce into her stomach. Coughing up blood, she looked into his eyes before slowly dropping her gaze to his hand embedded in her body. "You won't gain anything by doing this..." she coughed.

"And you cannot protect those that Sakurine is trying to protect. You're just a pathetic human with no talent in anything," he mocked before Loke appeared beside them with deadly eyes.
The spirit throwing his arm back, Zeref smirked as he moved Lucy's body in between them. "You..." Loke snarled as he stopped himself from throwing his arm forward. Standing there conflicted, Loke dropped his arm and gritted his teeth in anger. "Let go of our master," he said boldly where Zeref smirked.

"Why is everyone so overprotective about such a weak thing? You're a spirit, you're going to watch her die in the future anyway," Zeref questioned as he twisted his hand in her stomach.

Smiling to Lucy's scream sickeningly, he hummed as he glanced at the furious spirit in front of him. "She's going to abandon you all anyways. She has the power of Celestial Dragon Slaying, and it's obvious that she's going to use it as her main," he informed, raising his other hand to grab Lucy's hair. "There's no such thing as a perfect world where both scales balance each other out. You've seen them two fighting, haven't you..."

Loke took in a ragged breath as he glared at the man with much hate. His master in that man's hold, he couldn't do anything as he stood there with a bloodied fist.

The blonde's eyesight growing black as her body began to feel numb, she slowly lifted her head to painfully smile over to her loyal spirit. He was right. She was right. She was weak and pathetic like what they've said...

"Loke... Please return to your gate..." she croaked, watching Loke look at her in bewilderment.

He was about to say something when Zeref moved his hand which made her scream. Forcing her eyes to remain open, she looked at him with tears in her eyes. "I don't want you guys to get hurt..." she reasoned before she gritted her teeth and started to gather her magic. "Go!" she then commanded where stars began to form around the two as the air around them thickened to her magic. Her body glowing, she turned her head to look at Zeref with shining eyes. Pushing him away from her where she bit the bottom of her lip to prevent her from screaming, she staggered backwards where she struggled to stand up straight.

Her hand covering the hole in her body, she raised her other hand up into the air where she painfully smiled when Loke had no other choice but to close his gate. Glaring to Zeref who couldn't move due to gravity holding him in place, she drew a star right in front of her where a magic circle opened. "I won't let you touch them. I won't let you make her cry again!" Lucy yelled as she threw her arm up into the air again where the magic circle followed her.

Blonde locks madly dancing in the air, she closed her eyes and took in a deep inhale. In response to her inhale, the circle expanded where she slowly opened her eyes to reveal dragon-like pupils. "Celestial Dragon's Star Shower!" she boomed, throwing down her arm towards the man standing in front of her where all the stars followed her command.

Zeref widening his eyes, he used his arms to cover himself as stars began slicing him up. Gritting his teeth as he defends himself, he narrowed his eyes to the blonde before realising that she was in the air.

"Celestial Dragon's Wing Attack!"

He was beyond over this foolish game of mocking the weak. Slicing his hand through the air where a black blade sliced through Lucy's attack, he looked at her in menace.
Taking energy from the dragons was long over, and now it was time to get the heart before Jiemma could land his grubby hands over Sakurine's body. "Are you done with your little mouse show?" he asked before a magic circle opened below her feet. "I've been here much longer than you have, and to die by you seems a bit foolish. I'll create the ultimate dragon, after I take that heart of yours," he stated as he watched blank vines emerge from the ground where it held the girl in place.

"I don't see a reason why she chose such a fragile thing like yourself. You're an outcast - Though, that may only be the similarity between the two of you."

Lucy tried to break herself free but couldn't. Her blood splattering onto the ground as she tried to free herself, she gritted her teeth as she tried to withstand the painful throbbing sensation in her head.

Was she always this weak?

Perhaps if she did vanish from this world, everyone would be at - No, she couldn't leave him...

That image of Rogue softly smiling to her. His happiness... She was his happiness, and he was hers...
No matter what may happen to her, she wouldn't be able to stand herself watching him hug her tightly with tears in his eyes. She didn't want to see a broken Rogue.

Lucy's vision blurring, she felt herself being pulled up into the air. Her breathing ragged as she watched her blood drip into a puddle below, she took in a deep breath and closed her eyes.

She couldn't fight him alone. Not when she's this weak...

Dropping her head to force her eyes to stare down to her reflection in her own puddle of crimson plasma, she felt herself being drawn into the colour as a name formed on the tip of her tongue.

That's right. If she was in trouble and no one was there to aid her, only one person would come to her rescue whenever she called.

Her weak body pushing her arm down to reach the blood, she weakly opened her mouth to call for her dragon. Having no shame to call for help, she knew that someday, she'll have to call for her.

"Sakura..."

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 6.2K 54
We already know about the typical stories about Lucy leaving the guild well this is one of them as well but only on the beginning, because afterwards...
20.1K 435 39
Lucy Heartfilia has been called weak by many people. Her father, people on the street, other guilds, other wizards, even her friends and her own guil...
166K 5.6K 32
Lucy and Natsu are best friends and they have been ever since they were little! What will happen when she loses all the most important people in her...
19.2K 847 49
♪(*^^)o∀*∀o(^^*)♪ It was at that time when Lucy Heartfilia, a sixteen year old girl who loves her childhood best friend, Natsu Dragneel but...