Pregnant in the 75th

بواسطة little-duck

What if Katniss really was pregnant going up to the quarter quell? Just my take in what could have happened... المزيد

1. Life in twelve
2. I almost thought it was real
3. Train ride antics
4. Consequences
5. Distress in the districts
6. Blunt words
7. Nightmares
8. Fixed
9. Together for the first time
10. A real shower this time
11. Good old sisterly catch up
12. Are you ready for this?
13. Presidential Palace
14. Drinking partner
15. Positive
16. Messing around
17. Existing pool of victors
Authors note please read :)
18. He lives, not me
19. Ask me to die
20. Take the hints
21. Understanding
22. In our own right
23. Not so secret
24. Our toasting
25. Childish events
26. Reassurance
27. Tribute
28. Disclosing information
29. Fighting
30. Check up
Note from moi...
31. Tributes Ready?
32. Always
33. Training
Authors note ... Again
35. Decisions
36. Interviews
37. An unexpected visitor
38. Problems
39. Tokens
40.

34. Fiesty actions

4.1K 140 23
بواسطة little-duck

Haymitch's POV

Late in the evening after their day of training Katniss returns alone back to the living quarters, " Everything ok sweetheart?" I ask as she walks in shutting the door behind her.

"There was only so long I could stay in that room... I'm too tired to cope with them all in there," She says before throwing herself down on the couch beside me.

"I feel the same way with some of them," I chuckle, "they're not all bad... Some of them are more trustworthy than others."

"And I suppose you know who that would be huh Haymitch?"

"Well yes I do. And I think after all this time I know them well enough to help you."

"So go on then... Tell me of your wisdom oh Haymitch," she smirks.

"You don't sound like you need my help at all so I'll just be going..." I say pretending to get up but she grabs my arm and pulls me back down.

"Haymitch please... I really need your help. Peeta needs to come out of this quell, even if it does mean working with those other numbskulls..."

"You really do love him don't you?"

"More than ever," she says pulling cushion off the couch as cradling it over her stomach. That girl has some strange ways of getting comfy.

"I'll do everything I can for you both in the arena, whatever it takes..."

"For Peeta." She interrupts, "You will do whatever you can for Peeta. It has to be him Haymitch, please. We both owe him that much."

I let out a sigh before replying, "I don't like it... But I'll do it. For Peeta." I say wrapping my arm over her shoulder, "maybe you deserve him more than I ever let on Katniss," I say with a smile taking her in for a hug, "We can do this. You'll be fine."

Just then the door opens behinds and in walks Peeta. I release Katniss and shuffle along the sofa a bit so that Peeta can sit with her, "So how was training lad?"

"It was good. A good chance to see who we could trust, or more importantly who we couldn't."

"Oh yeah?"

"Let's just say I don't plan on making any sort of alliance with the careers again this year. It didn't do me so well last year and I'm pretty damn sure it would land me in worse trouble this time around..." I can't help but chuckle at his assessment of them.

"Well son you've pretty much got the four of them all figured out. Backstabbing and glory hunting. They'll knock down anyone in their paths, with or without an alliance." I reply. "Well the good news is at least half of the tributes wants you as an ally," I announce to them both.

"Well, they saw her shoot," Peeta explains. That explains it. She's good with a bow and clearly they all understand that is a talent better to have on their side rather than against them.

"Well, sweetheart," I say turning to Katniss, "it looks like you've got your pick of the litter."

She seems to consider it for a moment before replying,"I want Wiress and Beetee." Of course you would I think to myself.

"Johanna calls them Nuts and Volts," Peeta says and I can't help but snicker. Johanna is right on that point but they would be good for figuring out the arena. They have quick thinking minds in that sense, just no use in strategies.

"Well, okay, good. Now who else?"

"Mags," she says in almost a whisper causing Peeta to slump back in the chair folding his arms in his frustration. Katniss must notice his disapproval and quickly pipes up, "Alright, fine, then no one."

I look at her and raise my eyebrows as if to question her reply. She really is uncontrollable at the minute, one minute she will do anything to save Peeta the next she's refusing to have an alliance unless it's with who she wants whether thy are of no use to her or not. Women. "I'll tell them you're still making up your mind," I say waving it off. "Just go get ready for your individual assessments will you and leave me to ... Mull this over."

Peeta's POV

After our discussion with Haymitch, Katniss and I do exactly as he says making our way silently down to the training room where we are redirected to a small room just off it. Inside the room are sets of benches and nothing else. A few of the other tributes are already here so I take Katniss's hand and lead her over to an empty bench at the side.

The other tributes all traipse in district be district as we gather in this room ready to be called in for our individual assessments. Slowly but surely each tribute is called a district at a time, the male tribute being called first, followed shortly by the female tribute.

We all sit in the room, each person only conversing with the other of their district when the announcer calls us one by one. "District 3. Beetee Latier, report for individual assessment."

Beetee rises from his chair giving Wiress a reassuring smile before going for his assessment. Katniss and I have sat here mostly in silence just looking on at the others but as Beetee leaves she grabs a hold of my arm and leans her head slightly on to my shoulder sighing, "Peeta, how are we meant to kill these people?"

I don't say a word, not wanting to make us seem like an easy target. If they all think we won't kill them we'll e like sitting ducks in that arena. Easy targets, but that is the last thing on my mind. We should be the ones they watch out for. We were in the arena just last year and most of the others have been out of it for years and clearly haven't exactly been keeping up with any form of combat seeing as they never expected to be shoved back in there again.

I was deep into my thoughts that I didn't even notice the room empty leaving only Katniss and I left. I have to find a way to raise Katniss's odds above my own. If her odds to win the quell are higher she'll get more sponsors and more sponsors help her chances even more. Maybe.. Just maybe ... My assessment. Surely if I get a low score in that my odds will lower.

My thought are interrupted by the announcer, "District 12. Peeta Mellark, report for individual assessment."

I stand up and look to Katniss,"I'll be fine," she says with a smile, "now go your audience await," she mocks an I can't help but laugh.

"I'll see you back upstairs," I say going in to give her a hug before I go, "I love you both," I whisper in her ear before standing straight once again. She goes to reply but I put a finger to her mouth stopping her, "the walls have ears," I say with a wink. If we're to keep it a secret then even saying it out loud in an empty room could be fatal. You never. know who is listening in. Especially in the Capitol.

The announcer calls me again, "District 12. Peeta Mellark, report for individual assessment."

"Here we go..." I say as I turn and walk out of the room and across in to the training room where two avoxes guard the door. Obviously we aren't enough of a threat to require peacekeepers in there. As I reach the door thy open it before me and I walk in.

When I look up to see them all, sponsors and head game maker alike I see red.  They are sending is too or deaths. Well they need to learn a thing or to. Plutarch calls my name as I walk over to stand bellow the game makers station, "Master Mellark?"

I just stand for a moment as I can both see and feel myself visibly shaking in anger. They want to take Katniss away from me. They are the ones sending us to our deaths. They need to see what they do.

"Master Mellark?" Plutarch calls again. I tighten my fists at the sound of my name and look up at him with a glare.
"You have ten minutes to present your chosen skill. You may proceed."

I look around the room at what is available and it seems each station is still here from training. I mean if I want to physically hurt them the natal weights are still sat in a pile where I left them before. That seemed to work or Katniss last year, although they probably won't fall for that again. As I scan my eyes around I see the painting station I sat at with the morphlings earlier in the day. Maybe I could paint. Show them that way what it is they do and I know the perfect way. Rue.

Pulling the paints down on to the floor I start to get to work. Paintbrush in had I get to work on my mural of Rue. I paint her lay at rest holding the flowers of the arena in her hand and surrounding her in a cloud of white softening her features. Poor Rue never deserved any of this and those pompous men can sit up there and look down at one of he innocent children that they sent to their deaths.

"Master Mellark your time is up. Please vacate the room and return to your living quarters immediatley," I hear Plutarch call from behind me but still I finish what I've started.

A moment later I stand up the paints still in my hand and make my way closer towards them. Most of them can't even look at me or what I've done. They're just in it for the money most likely. Can't even face up to what they have done or to where their sponsorships go. "I hope you're all happy with yourselves," I say throwing the paints down in front of me causing them to shatter, the paint spilling everywhere in the crash.

"Leave now Master Mellark," Plutarch says but even I can see the hint of a smirk on his face. He's probably loving his power all to much up there.

I'm going," I say turning on my heels and walking out. As I go to walk out I just have cased such a scene peacekeepers have arrived at the door and Katniss has already began to walk in to the room. She looks at me with a puzzled look but I just nod slightly and continue walking out.

The doors slam behind me and I'm grabbed by the scruff of my neck by one of the peacekeepers, "you'll learn to keep your mouth shut boy," he says practically dragging me to the elevator and throwing me in it.

"You District twelve lot think you own the place. You think they're going to how down to you because you put up a fight? You think your girl would have learn that last year and kept well enough alone," another peacekeeper spits at me.

"Well what can I say. When your trained for the arena you learn to fight... And grow a backbone. I'm not going to bow down to you because you pull a gun at my head. What's the worst your going to do? Kill me? The arena is going to do that." I say just as the elevator doors open up on my floor and I step out ripping my shoulder from the peacekeepers grasp. "I bid you a due Gentlemen. Oh and don't let the door hit you on the way out." I say waving slightly with a great big smirk on my face as the elevator doors slide to a close.

"What have you gone and done boy?!" Haymitch exclaims as he leans on the door frame probably watching that latest exchange.

I ponder on what I say for a moment before replying. "I did what I had to do."

***

Okay my dear readers  so following your thoughts I will continue this into the quell rather than writing a sequel. Although maybe once you find out what I have in store you may not want me to continue writing :P

But anyways, thank you guys for all your input and I hope you liked this instalment! A bit of a fiesty Peeta for a change.

-Alannah xxx

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

13.4K 204 9
What if Katniss really was pregnant during the 75th Annual Hunger Games? This is a reimagined version of Catching Fire because we all know more happ...
449K 10.4K 41
What if Katniss had fallen in love with Peeta? What if the night the Quell was Announced, Katniss ran to Peeta's house after talking to Haymitch inst...
30.3K 120 25
It's been 3 years after the war, Peeta and Katniss are dating. Peeta wants kids but Katniss doesn't. Will Katniss cave and give Peeta his dream that...
1M 25K 45
What if Katniss Everdeen fell in love with Peeta Mellark after their first games? What if before the quarter quell, she found herself pregnant with P...